Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Wow! Apr 18, 2005, 16:11 Propagandhi

Interactive games?! Truely, the future is here! I had dreamt of this day, but now that it is here.. I ... I don't even know what to do with myself.  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Oddworld Apr 18, 2005, 04:37 Propagandhi

An Oddworld movie could be awesome if created in the right environment.. but I'm not sure such an environment exists. I sure hope Lanning doesn't move to the TV/Film industry only to find it even less hospitable than the one inhabited by EA (and no, I don't consider EA to be a part of the "Gaming" industry).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Ahh.. it all makes sense.. Apr 18, 2005, 04:35 Propagandhi

Well... sorry for the blank.. I'm an idiot, what I meant to say follows:

Heh, now we know why Keith Maydak's site (http://www.kmf.org/maydak/) looks like it's from 1995... he's in jail! Heh.. I kill me..

On second thought, this post really isn't worth posting. If I hadn't put up that blank, I woulda hit the ol' back button right about now... sigh...

His anti-AT&T manifesto is pretty entertaining, though... especially at 1:30 in the morning.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Ahh.. it all makes sense.. Apr 18, 2005, 04:31 Propagandhi

I eat pasta!

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Screenshot, Counter-Strike: Source Plans
55. Re: Apr 17, 2005, 01:21 Propagandhi

Steam's hardly any worse than other copy protection schemes. At least it has an upside...

As long as there are people pirating games in such large numbers, developers will employ some form of copy protection. The only way around it would be if a large enough number of gamers boycotted, and lets face it.. Steam isn't enough of a pain in the ass to warrant a mass boycott.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Screenshot, Counter-Strike: Source Plans
25. Hmm.. Apr 16, 2005, 18:07 Propagandhi

The stupid is strong with this thread...

People forget just how long HL had nothing but DM and TDM before TFC and CS came out, and back then poly counts were a whole lot lower than they are today. Not to mention textures weren't bump mapped, alpha mapped, light mapped, or any mapped. All those pretties on your screen take time people, LOTS of time.

Many of you aren't modders, and have never even downloaded the Source SDK, but take my word for it, mapping/modding for HL 2 is a whole different beast than ol' HL. It takes a lot more fore-thought and time to make a quality map/mod than it used to..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Pariah Multiplayer Demo
48. Re: Major issue. Apr 15, 2005, 18:37 Propagandhi

Mouse only vehicle control is the dumbest design decision I've been subjected to in a long while. The fall damage in this game ranks as a close second, and the player speed (IE: slow) is a third terrible fault.

There aren't any (fast) servers up so I haven't gotten to play much, but it looks to be more of the same consoley multiplayer schtuff. Won't be replacing HL 2 anytime soon..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: firefox Apr 15, 2005, 17:48 Propagandhi

Thank you Tim for understanding the problem and stating it so succinctly.

The Windows Update thing also bothers me. The worst part is, if you leave your computer alone (while your downloading something, for instance) and fail to tell it not to "restart later" Windows will eventually just reset automatically... I really wish there was an alternative OS for us gamers, but we're pretty much stuck with this crap

I eat pasta!

17. Re: Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 16:28 Propagandhi

Thanks Zath, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I haven't experienced this popularity thing yet, but hopefully that algorithm kicks in eventually and my list will order itself a little more reasonably.

Any confirmation that this is, in fact, what will happen?

I eat pasta!

15. Re: Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 15:31 Propagandhi

Eh, I can't seem to see the difference. Isn't "Last site I typed in" = "site I most recently visited"?

Ugh, sorry. If the site is already in the bar it won't move up the list. So if I've already typed a site's name in it stays where it's at (near the bottom of the list) whereas new sites go up top.

I eat pasta!

13. Re: Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 15:19 Propagandhi

To be honest with you, I am not even sure what the hell you are talking about?

Yeah, this has been my problem in fixing this problem, it's so simple it's kinda hard to explain.

At the top of firefox is the address bar, with the little drop down arrow and a list of all the sites I've visited by typing the address in (duh). The problem I have is that the list is in the following order:

Last site I typed in
First site I typed in

So to get down to the first site I typed in since I installe Firefox (which happens to be blue's) I have to scroll quite aways, and it annoys me. IE puts the site I most recently visited on top (I think it does, at least, been awhile since I used it) and so does Opera, I want FF to do it that way, as well..

Hope that makes sense...

I eat pasta!

10. Re: Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 14:49 Propagandhi

I watched the first four or five episodes and didn't think the show was worth showing... thought it would die a cold hard death. I can understand them canceling it as I'm not even sure of the demographic that would watch it and find it appealing.

I assume you're talking about Arrested Development. It's demographic is pretty tough to pin down (I don't think it was written with one in mind), but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I'm in it. It's the only show I even consider downloading to keep up with (I have no TV :-/) and I'll definitely pick up the DVD's when they're all out...

It's just way better and more interesting than all those fat man/hot wife or lovable kid/crazy bachelor sitcoms that the networks pump out each and every year. No, the ratings aren't good, but it's not bcause of any short coming of the show.. it's perfect, as far as I'm concerned..

Hanging out on Fark too much lately?

Heh, I really gotta work on dropping that habit.. It's almost as annoying (to me) as my inability to end a sentence/paragraph with anything but a "..."

Random FF question:

I quit using Opera for the time being and am now back on the Firefox bandwagon. One thing that has always really bugged me is the way things in the drop down address bar never move back up to the top when you retype them in. Is there some preference I can set somewhere that will rectify this?

I eat pasta!

3. Re: Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 10:54 Propagandhi

None for me... could be a regional one, though. (Northwest here)  
I eat pasta!

1. Ahh yes.. Tax Day.. Apr 15, 2005, 10:37 Propagandhi

At least there's one day of the year I can be happy about having no discernable income

/It's good to be young (sometimes)
//8:30 final today, this day would be that much worse if I had any taxes to pay...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Xbox 360 Controllers Apr 14, 2005, 06:01 Propagandhi

The last generation had the same life span of any prior generation. Xbox was just very late to debut.

I'm not sure about that, seems to me that Pro's assertion is pretty accurate. Think about how long the original Atari consoles/Nintendo was around. A decade and a half? Then Super Nintendo/Genesis were around for 8 or so, despite Sega's efforts to go to the next gen with Sega CD and their other failings.

Playstation was around for 6 before PS 2 (or there abouts). And now this gen's already being ushered out 4-5 years later. I think consoles are definitely trying to keep up with the tech curve, especially as the Moore's law business just gets out of hand (and lets face it, these last 5 years have been pretty much unparalleled in terms of hardware power growth)...

I doubt the life cycle will get any shorter than five years, but still.. that's much faster than it's been..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > EA's College Football Exclusive
14. There's only one option. Apr 11, 2005, 22:18 Propagandhi

I need to form a flag football league, so that I can get rich off the licensing fees EA is sure to pay me.. Who's with me?  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2005, 07:31 Propagandhi

So you want a McCarthyist game? I'm sure there's something out there with some made up plot about the Ruskies threatening freedom/capitalism/all that is holy...  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > HL2 DM Maps & Aftermath Details Soon
8. Re: Episodic Content Apr 9, 2005, 02:43 Propagandhi

As Fange mentioned, your logic is utterly flawed, Professional. You're not paying for a full game, you're paying for a fifth of a game, and because of the streamlined content delivery system, you can bet it'll be cheaper than other games.

And how exactly is a quality product affiliated with HL 2 going to sell poorly?

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Coppola Down on Godfather Game
12. Re: He's right(my ass) Apr 9, 2005, 01:52 Propagandhi

If that's all you see in The Godfather then most of that masterpiece must have gone over your head, Koblat...

But I digress: This game is a joke, it won't capture the Mafia spirit half as well as Mafia (the game) did, despite its license and budget. The story will be have to be destroyed to make it into an action game, and the whole "feeling" of the movie will be lost. It simply won't have the emotion of the film, and therefore it will be a disapointment.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Guild Wars Movie, Final Beta Weekend
11. Re: Liars Apr 8, 2005, 19:05 Propagandhi

You can sign up and join in if you have been a part of the beta before they started preorders.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps if you were a participant in the closed beta this works, but my account from the first WPE's doesn't work anymore.

If anyone has a buddy pass they want to drop on me, that would be much appreciated..

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo