Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > D&D Online Alpha Begins
17. Re: Warm Mead Mod? Aug 2, 2005, 14:18 Propagandhi

I really want this game to rock, as I usually love PC-based D&D games (BG et al). For some reason, this game just looks like it isn't going to be that great. Seems like the dev team is too interested in forcing the players to do certain things, behave in certain ways; even when the beauty of D&D games is the strategical flexibility you have.  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witches Revealed
3. Re: Warm Mead Mod? Jul 30, 2005, 03:45 Propagandhi

Ever since that BloodRayne game had the boob ad here at Blue's I refuse to even download a demo for a game that undermines gaming like this...  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2005, 16:16 Propagandhi

Fucking dragon always gets me.

Same.. no idea how to stop that thing

Finally figured it out, spoiler follows if you don't want to waste your time figuring the game out :

First turn: Mill/shop/boat thingy
Second turn: Tree
Third turn: Castle
Fourth turn: Water
Fifth turn: Tower
Sixth turn: Rock
Seventh turn: Treasure chest
Eighth turn: Stair thing

All 8 should be max level when the closing sequence starts...

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 16:52.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > MMO Sweatshops
24. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 01:16 Propagandhi

I'm being ethnocentric because I don't think it's fair to work someone (a human fucking being) 12 hours a day in some basement in Hong Kong? Shut up...

Not only that, but this shit isn't taking place in the fuckin boonies, more than likely they're in a large city (where internet access, electricity, and rent are cheap). Yes, you're right.. were the poor guy/gal working somewhere else his pay would be no better, but he wouldn't be in the "rice patties" as you so ignorantly suggested.

Furthermore, how much do you want to bet his boss is some Aussie/American exploiting the cheap labor in China while ferretting his earnings back to the states. This shit certainly isn't doing anything to even out our economic peaks and valleys, if anything it contributes to the problem...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > MMO Sweatshops
16. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2005, 22:44 Propagandhi

So it's ok because their economy sucks balls? $1800 a year anywhere isn't going to get you very far in life, even in communist China. I love the hearsay you use to justify this shit, not to mention that you have no qualms with working 12 hours a day. I bet you've never had a full time job in your fuckin' life, and here you are saying it's ok to work some poor dude 12 hours a day because he's in a less economically powerful region...

"No, no, guys... listen! In China $1800 a year is like $60,000 here in the states! You can buy your 1200 square foot home, 2 SUVs, and pay off your school loans with that kinda cash over there! I swear! I saw it on TV!"

But fuck all those facts... this shit still ruins the game world, fucks the economy and such. All so some prick who works some poor chinese dudes 12 hours a day while he lives like a fuckin king ($60,000 in China is well above the mean income, no doubt there). Sure, it's rich suburban dipshits/spoiled assholes that support this crap, and all the better if they lose their money... but that still doesn't justify the hours/pay the actual workers are getting..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > EA NHL Exclusive?
24. cost.. Jun 26, 2005, 23:22 Propagandhi

Heard that EA had to pay through the nose to get this. We're talking $17 worth of aluminum cans! That nearly doubles the NHL's expected revenue next year (if/when the strike ends)...  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > 25 to Life Under Fire
8. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2005, 01:35 Propagandhi

Oh, and lets not forget when that lady spilled McDonalds coffee on herself, then sued McDonalds because the coffee burned her and there wasn't a label on the fucking cup saying her COFFEE WAS HOT.

I'm gonna sound like an idiot here, but that case was fairly justified. McDonalds had found that keeping their coffee extra hot meant people drank less of it, so they kept it at skalding temperatures just so they could sell smaller sizes and what have you..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > The Mod Squads
2. Re: Eclipse Jun 18, 2005, 17:09 Propagandhi

This looks sweet.. searcing for a fast mirror now..

Edit: Fileshack has it here: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=7218

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 17:19.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2005, 01:34 Propagandhi

You can [map and mod] on a chipped Xbox. But then there's the question of legality.

That's total bull honkey. First of all, if I do chip my Xbox I can no longer use Live, so multiplayer is out the window. Furthmore, even after being chipped it's a gimped PC with no developer support.

You can't map for Halo Xbox, you won't be able to map for Doom 3 or HL 2 Xbox. The same will be true of the next generations. Personally, I spend way more time mapping or generally modding than actually playing the original single player or multiplayer content. Hell, I spend way more time playing the modded content than I spend playing the original content. That's what sets the PC apart from the consoles in my mind, and always will as long as console makers treat their customers like criminals by locking out so much of the product's potential.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Source Update Redux
3. Re: No subject May 24, 2005, 02:12 Propagandhi

Silence, human!

Sorry, I just enjoy saying/typing that phrase.

This comment was edited on May 24, 02:12.

I eat pasta!

33. Re: No subject May 4, 2005, 16:55 Propagandhi

I don't know of a SINGLE country that hates America because of 15lb burgers.

I think there are plenty of countrys out there that hate us for our excesses...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Empire Earth II Demo Patch
1. How is this demo? Apr 22, 2005, 22:22 Propagandhi

Anyone played this? I haven't been able to convince myself it'll be worth the download... Opinions, please.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Hard Truck: Apocalypse Wars Announced
8. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2005, 19:55 Propagandhi

Yeah, but I think he's just saying that he lost his copy and can't find it.

That's what I got out of it, too. Now he's trying to break his desk open by pounding it, because he thinks it's inside.

That, and the only problem solving skill he learned from the game was how to break things. He's doing all he can, but I don't think it's gonna pay off.

Check your pockets, dude.. stuff is always in your pockets.

I eat pasta!

3. Wowzers.. Apr 22, 2005, 09:16 Propagandhi

I scrolled down to check out yesterday's news and that coldwinter ad brought Firefox to a crawl. Macromedia's really gotta look into this 100% cpu business, it's truely bizarre.

The weirdest thing is that certain ads don't do it to me 100% of the time, the old splinter cell one rarely did it to me (but on the odd occassion it would).

Thanks for the early update, Blue. This makes my early morning a little more tolerable... as tolerable as a day that begins before 6 can be, at least..

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 09:17.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Gold - Guild Wars
13. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2005, 21:44 Propagandhi

wait....swg free?

It's his .sig, he quit SWG and he his glad to be free of his addiction.

Back on topic: Still undecided as to whether I'll get this or not... Ho hum ho hum.. I enjoyed the betas, but I'm kinda burnt out on games that require huge time investments.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > More on Remedy's Next Game
4. Re: Not giving much away Apr 21, 2005, 17:29 Propagandhi

How is "the next generation" of 640x480 consoles going to be any different than this generation?

It's been a long time since ports limited their resolution because of that particular console limitation. The noticable difference I see in console ports is lower poly counts, lower texture resolutions, and lower quality lighting effects. Along with often simplistic AI, although at this point htat's probably the dev's fault rather than the hardware's.

The implication that this will be codesigned for the next gen of consoles is that this game will also be on par with the current high end PC.

As for Remedy's dev cycle: Max Payne was their first game (been corrected on this, but this was their first MP engine game), and they wanted to be damn sure they got it right. Max Payne 2 took a lot less time to develop, and while this new IP will take longer than MP 2 did, I'm willing to bet the dev cycle won't be quite as bad as the original MP's...

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 19:34.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > New Akella Games & Websites
4. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2005, 03:05 Propagandhi

We still don't know what game you're talkin about, sapce..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > New Remedy Game at E3
9. Re: . Apr 20, 2005, 02:11 Propagandhi

That's good to hear, thanks for the info Jerykk.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > New Remedy Game at E3
7. Re: . Apr 20, 2005, 00:53 Propagandhi

Yeah, production values were much higher for the content in MP2 that was there, but the actual amount of said content was a little underwhelming.

Here's to hoping it's something original. I could definitely see Max Payne going the way of Tomb Raider..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience Announced
12. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2005, 20:56 Propagandhi

Eve Online > Anarchy Online > SWG for SciFi MMOing  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo