Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2 GotY
79. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:18 Propagandhi

Yeah, it was one of Riley's... If you've managed to avoid his posts so far, continue to do so  
I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Goddam! Sep 12, 2005, 21:15 Propagandhi

Did you follow D-Link's installation instructions on the PCI card? I just installed one of their wifi cards, and had to take some rather unusual steps (first install their software, then shutdown and put the card in, rather different than installing a videocard or some such).  
I eat pasta!

75. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:08 Propagandhi

Play through the game and watch the cutscenes.

Cutscenes.

Once again: Cutscenes.

Not real time. Does not follow the player, does not look into the players eyes. Does not immerse the player. This goes for all your citing of in-game cutscenese. That kind of hand animation is totally different than what Valve did with HL 2.

It would only be a fair comparison to skip the videos and play the games instead.

So... We'd have to play the games to get any kind of valid comparison? And you admit to not having played HL 2. But this only invalidates our opinions, because we are far stupider people than you?

Seriously, dude. Say what you will about HL 2's shortcomings (short, few enemy variety, some gripe about the AI, whatever) one thing it does better than anyone else is facial animation. The level of emotion you get out of a HL 2 character IN GAME dwarfs all of the competition.

I don't even know why I'm responding to your drivel. You still refused to admit that nin's forgetfulness wasn't the greatest act of stupidity of a long line of stupid mistakes. Are you even capable of admitting the fact that sometimes you might be wrong about something?

I eat pasta!

44. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 19:19 Propagandhi

So he forgot. And my argument stands. His mistake was not "TEH ST00P1DI5T THING EVAR!!111!!".

And what game, exactly, has better lip-synching than HL 2? I'm really interested in hearing your reply to that...

I eat pasta!

33. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 19:02 Propagandhi

Nin, you have outdone yourself as that is the most stupid thing you have ever posted which is no small feat given your past posts.

He was unaware that Valve switched publishers for the GOTY edition. I don't see how this could be the stupidest thing he's ever posted (especially if there's any validity to your second assertion, but let's not let logic get in the way of your blind rage).

I eat pasta!

29. Re: 9/11 Sep 12, 2005, 18:57 Propagandhi

The main difference is that one group wants to kill you and your family, the other doesn't.

That group may want to, but they never will. And attacking them isn't going to fix the problem.

/late as always

I eat pasta!

23. Re: 9/11 Sep 12, 2005, 03:25 Propagandhi

Jojo:

Honestly, I'm affected far more by the American religous right/moral majority (although they really aren't a majority... maybe a plurality) than I am by the much smaller radical islamic movement...

*edit* that came off soudning a little assinine: I don't dislike orthodox christians more than radical islamists, I feel the method the islamists use (terrorism/jihad) to spread their beliefs to be the lowest form of communication known to man.

In fact, when compared directly, the fundamental islamist movement is far worse on all the issues I care about (social issues (abortion, women's rights, gay/lesbian rights, etc.) But honestly, the harder you squeeze the more they slip through your fingers. Ultimately, there is no direct way that the US can stop young 'idealistic' muslims from joining their cause, and the kind of direct action we are taking just makes the whole of the islamic culture (not just the extremes) dislike us more.

Man, I'm way off my original point. At any rate, my point was merely that the 'islamic terrorists' we're all supposed to live in fear of don't pose a real threat to us. As bad as 9/11 is, that's about the worst it can get, barring some kind of nuclear attack (which is just as likely now as it ever was, so what are we getting out of the PATRIOT act, exactly?).

Bah, I can't keep a train of thought: Muslim extremists= the scum of the earth, but it's the conservatives here in America that run my life.

There.. that's my point.. that's it...

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 03:38.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Matinee
2. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 15:31 Propagandhi

Mafia had an incredibly immersive world.

Just thought that should be said again... I'm sure it will trump EA's Godfather (once that's actually out) in every respect except graphical detail, despite having a fraction of the budget/dev team.

I eat pasta!

4. Re: Beedawgs! Sep 10, 2005, 15:27 Propagandhi

"Beedogs.com is the premier online repository for pictures of dogs in bee costumes."

-From their website

Wonder how much competition there is for that title...

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 15:28.

I eat pasta!

71. Re: NanoTV Sep 9, 2005, 21:36 Propagandhi

The lawmakers can't put into law something that the people obviously dont' want.

They can and they do. You really have a hard time understanding that America is not a democracy.

Perhaps the Federalist papers would help you understand our system of government a little better. Our government was created to ensure liberty, freedom and order, not majority rule. If they people still don't want it come next election they can change their minds then, until then we're stuck with our elected officials*.

*obviously there are exceptions, but direct voting takes a great deal of time and money, and is therefore impractical.

Edit:

Blow it out your ass, it could have been said the same if it had gone the other way.

Yes. It could have. That is my point. The majority of Americans wanted another person to be their president, but because this is not a direct democracy the person who won the electoral college was elected.

Final concluding summary (I'm so late in my replies I doubt this will ever be read, but w/e):

- Not even our president is elected directly.

- Aside from occasional referendums laws are passed by elected officals, and are never voted on to determine their popularity. Many bills are very unpopular with the general populace but pass regardless, because the general populace never votes on them.

This is our system of government. This was the intent of the founding fathers. That is all.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 21:42.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Date
52. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2005, 21:29 Propagandhi

Ahh.. the internet. Where one person calls someone an 'assface' and the targeted replies with 'buttmunch' while both parties take themselves seriously.  
I eat pasta!

57. Re: NanoTV Sep 8, 2005, 22:05 Propagandhi

Yeah, it is, but you're absolutely right, democracy != majority rule. Which I'd also say is the case here.

I hate to be the idiot that can't drop an argument on-line, but America is not a democracy. It's a federalist republic. Or, if you really want to stretch the word democracy it's a 'representational democracy', but even that really isn't the case, considering our bicamiral (sp?) legislature. Had America been a true representational democracy Dubya wouldn't have gotten his first term in office, but we're not.. so here we are.

Edit: And the state of California, specifically, is modeled after the federal gov'mint...

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 22:06.

I eat pasta!

36. Re: NanoTV Sep 8, 2005, 17:16 Propagandhi

This is a democracy.

No, it's not.

Our system of government is meant to protect from the tyranny of the majority, I'd say that the situation in California was doing just that.

Ultimately, it's a moral issue... I'm generally opposed ot vetos based on morals alone. I feel it's prudent to allow the governing bodies to operate as their meant to, veto when they get out of control.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Army Racer Revealed, Demo, Websites
7. Well.. Sep 5, 2005, 04:14 Propagandhi

For some reason I downloaded this. Got about what I should have expected out of it, I guess. Decent graphics, decent physics (ok, the crashes are a little off, but that's kinda the norm for budget racers), simple gameplay.

The entire thing is in Hungarian, btw. So you'll have to have some patience if you want to figure out how to get started. All I managed to get working was some kind of time trial thing. Never messed with the graphics settings (my expectations were low, and the default settings were enough).

*edit* Uninstall is in Hungarian, too.. Just keep clicking 'igen' (Hungarian for 'yes', I'm gonna learn me a language off these budget games!) and it seems to uninstall completely.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 04:15.

I eat pasta!

36. Re: Octopus v Shark Sep 5, 2005, 01:20 Propagandhi

And with that, the thread is doused, the match is lit, and it's all downhill from here...

Someone needed to start it. Blue's just wouldn't be a legitimate website without a flamewar of its own over the Rehnquist deal. Guess it got started a little late, though... Maybe just a flame skirmish?

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
2. Re: Bet on Soldier Demo == StarForce Sep 4, 2005, 15:05 Propagandhi

Lackluster FPS (direct quote from review) + StarForce == Me no try.

Haven't heard anyone say good things about this one yet. Pity, too, the art direction looked good enough (even if it was cliche as all hell).

I eat pasta!

News Comments > DoD: Source Plans
30. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2005, 19:59 Propagandhi

One thing they teach you in marketing is that consumer confusion is always the fault of the advertiser.

Is that before or after they make you pledge your first born to Satan?

I eat pasta!

100. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 18:41 Propagandhi

So what are you suggesting, Warhawk... that noone ever live in the southeastern US because it's prone to hurricanes?

It's inevitable that people live there. NO has been a huge city for a long time there's no way they could have just packed everyone up and crammed them into some other city (well, possible exception of Detroit...).

Edit: Not sure my point was clear: For economic, geographical, and a multitude of other reasons (family, stubbornness, etc.) there will always be things in the Southeastern US, and until Dick Cheney's weather control plans work out (satirical sarcasm) those people will be hit by tragedy occasionally. As a nation we have to deal with this shit, not tell people they're stupid for living where they have to live.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 18:44.

I eat pasta!

98. Re: New Orleans Sep 1, 2005, 18:36 Propagandhi

[...] depending on how you interpret the constitution, disaster management isn't necessarily one of the federal governments responsibilities.

Whatever interpretation of the constitution that is, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been applied anywhere in the last 70 years. Name one major national disaster that hasn't gotten money and attention from the federal government. I'm not gonna transport myself back to the last American History class I took and start listing off court cases and policy changes, but there's no doubt that the fed is gonna bear a significant portion of the costs associated with this disaster...

Also, FTA:

...the Bush administration cut New Orleans flood control funding by 44 percent to pay for the Iraq war.

You're right that they have a limited amount of money to work with, unfortunately they used this money in a pretty stupid way, IMHO...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Demo
26. Same as the beta or whatever? Aug 3, 2005, 15:34 Propagandhi

Is this the same as the beta that was available on Fileplanet a month or so ago?  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo