Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: FEAR Oct 23, 2005, 01:38 Propagandhi

It single-handedly cheapened the experience of many FPS games.

Bah.. I've been reading stuff like that on these forums for weeks. I really should pick it up, as I've loved all the 'great' FPSes to come out in the past year+ (Far Cry, HL 2, Doom 3), but I've got my brother's comp right now.. and it's a wee bit shitty. Doubt it will run well, especially if I never get around to shoving my 9800 pro (even after that, I still expect to run it at 800x600 or somesuch).

Quit making my decisions so difficult, someone just tell me it sucks so I can ignore it!

Edit: Quite, quit, quiche..?

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 01:38.

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Draining of New Orleans completed Oct 12, 2005, 23:16 Propagandhi

*Waits for Blue's Hammer of Justice and Harmony to crush this bug*

Anyone else just get the urge to give the poster a little bitch slap? Just to remind him that it's not funny.. not amusing.. and that you get hit when you act that stupid..

/controls anger

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Steam 3 Cometh
106. Re: Lotta posts... Oct 12, 2005, 23:13 Propagandhi

Riley: May I remind you that you don't even use Steam (or at least, you claim not to), have barely played HL 2 (read: never even touched the multiplayer or toolset), and are blinded by your hate?

Honestly, I have no idea where you get off thinking your opinion overshadows everyone elses' on Blue's...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Voodoo Nights Announcement
5. Re: I remember... Oct 10, 2005, 19:21 Propagandhi

Hizzah for sweet old-school screensavers

Anyone else used to go to 3dfiles.com looking for them (and other 3d files)?

I eat pasta!

32. Re: Happy Anniversary Oct 9, 2005, 16:19 Propagandhi

10 years is next! That is a big anniversary. You better start making some plans now!

Bah.. nonsense. Just because our hands have split 5 times each through the course of our evolution is no reason to hold 10 (and by association the base-10 number system it honors by implication) in any higher regard than the other numbers!

If anything we should honor 12! It's a far superior number and base!

Uhh....

Happy 9th, Blue

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2005, 02:36 Propagandhi

You can't blame Sony for doing what they do.

/Boggle

It's Sony's stupidity that's keeping the PSP (an amazing piece of hardware) from becoming the God of handhelds that it should be. Why the hell shouldn't we blame them?

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Microsoft hates Blu-ray Oct 9, 2005, 02:32 Propagandhi

Good. I dont care about cost or even DRM crypto crapola, I just want the Technically Superior standard to win, and that seems to be Blu-Ray.

Seriously? I'm leaning the other way totally.. I could care less which provides me with more space because I'll rarely have more than 1 or 2 discs worth of data (music backup being the possible exception, but I've got my (lossless) CD copies, as well as the ripped versions on my HD and that's backup enough for me). Same for read/write speed, the difference between the two is small enough not to matter to me.

The only serious difference is the DRM, and as per Sony's track record, I fully expect Blu-Ray to be a fucking joke. Honestly, they've single handedly killed more excellent formats than the whole industry could ever hope to even create! MD: Dead, Beta: Dead, their first MP3 players: Killed by DRM, and on and on and on.

I read today that HD-DVD won't even have region encoding.. THANK GOD that someone still remembers they make these things for consumers!

I eat pasta!

News Comments > EA Overtime Suit Resolved
11. Re: Well.. Oct 6, 2005, 00:42 Propagandhi

I can't tell if you're trolling or just retarded, venomhed...

Just to clarify: Minoritys don't need any help from society because asian people work in asian restaurants and you live in an asian neighborhood?

Oh, and no minorities like computers.... I have no idea why you brought that up.. but whatever, all part of your manifesto.

You're blowing my little mind, man...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Motorola CEO Sep 28, 2005, 01:13 Propagandhi

I have to rip the whole CD as one file.

You 'have' to? Maybe if you're primary music player's an iPod, but any player worth it's salt will play gaplessly in some format, be it LAME MP3's (Rio Karma) or Vorbis (a smattering of other mp3 players, as well as less portable players like the Squeezebox).

Honestly, I'm sick of Apple's unwillingless to make a gapless 'plugin' for the iPod. It's not at all difficult to do, but because their player is so closed noone but them has the power to do it...

/ranty

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Global Warming and Hurricanes Sep 28, 2005, 00:43 Propagandhi

You do know that those same experts probably place tremendous value on the significant difference between "is not causing", and "no one can say what is causing", don't you?

Wha?!

Ok, smarty pants, if that's the case then how am I supposed to start a flamewar with this article?

I eat pasta!

News Comments > SWAT 4 Expansion Announced
24. Re: ... Sep 22, 2005, 23:17 Propagandhi

[...] with the director telling them that he stuck true to the original ethos.

And then kicked them in the nuts.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Quake4 Sep 20, 2005, 20:40 Propagandhi

Well, play something different - DS II isn't either one of those, for instance....

You obviously haven't gotten to the part where you get the +5 Howitzer of the Druid.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > ESA to Sue MI Governor
33. Re: CMU didn't need that 1.4$ million anyway Sep 14, 2005, 22:32 Propagandhi

I'm never replying to anything you say ever again. Jesus.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2005, 22:31 Propagandhi

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be aiming at. First throw I managed to sail it over the Hollywood sign and Golden Gate bridge, and all subsequent tries didn't leave the building. Tried all different power and angles, the only "target" I saw was a plant.

I managed to hit the guy first try, but on a few subsequent tryies I failed. Just give it max power and 3/4-5/6 angle or so. It will fly through the window, over the bridge, etc, and into another window. You're aiming for the guy inside.

I eat pasta!

30. Re: CMU didn't need that 1.4$ million anyway Sep 14, 2005, 22:21 Propagandhi

Appeal's still pending. But reimbursement is a fairly standard procedure in the American legal system.

Nice job merely omitting any kind of reply to my second point, btw. My hypothesis (that you're wholly incapable of admitting even the possiblity that you may be wrong about something) is still holding up.

I eat pasta!

28. Re: CMU didn't need that 1.4$ million anyway Sep 14, 2005, 22:07 Propagandhi

The IDSA countered June 19 with a motion to be reimbursed for attorneys' fees by St. Louis County in the amount of $170,882.40.

From the case in St. Louis.

But let's not let precedent get in your way.

No, the law is law unless/until it is overturned by the court or repealed by the legislature. There are no refunds. This is not like an unlawful tax which gets repealed.

From American Jurisprudence (found on wikipedia):

" The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it; an unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed .. An unconstitutional law is void."

I'm sure you're a far superior resource of American law than AmJur, though.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 22:12.

I eat pasta!

26. Re: CMU didn't need that 1.4$ million anyway Sep 14, 2005, 21:45 Propagandhi

Once they lose the case (assuming the already established legal precedent holds up) they'll have to pay the ESA's legal fees.

Furthermore: If a law is found to be unconstitutional I'd imagine there's some way for those affected by the law before it was deamed unconstitutional to get their money back (+ grievances, I'd assume). So I wouldn't count on them even being able to keep what little revenue they manage ot make off this.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 21:54.

I eat pasta!

21. Re: CMU didn't need that 1.4$ million anyway Sep 14, 2005, 20:17 Propagandhi

Jesus, Riley. Sometimes I wonder if you even know how to read. Prodigy was refering to the lawsuit. Take a gander up at that summary again:

Similar laws were previously found unconstitutional and thrown out in St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Washington State, costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Prodigy was merely suggesting that the state will lose more money it could have spent on higher education trying to defend their new law.

Btw, I can't wait to hear about how you're actually right due to some irrelevent technicality.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 20:17.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2 GotY
87. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:46 Propagandhi

That whole treatise on the various model formats was almost informative, Riley. Unfortunately, I made no mention of those in my post because they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Once again: Valve's character animation suite (the one that allows you to make all those great facial expressions, and includes an automatic lip-synching tool) is far superior to what is offered by other FPS's of this generation.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2 GotY
81. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:24 Propagandhi

Holy assballs, you truely are incapable of admitting even the possibility that you were wrong!

So, I'm supposed to dump my opinion of HL 2, and accept yours, which you have formed while playing maybe 50% of HL 2. This despite the fact that I have played it in it's entirety (along with all the games you mentioned, notable exception EF 2).

Here, I'm going to demonstrate admitting you're wrong for you:

I'm sorry I thought you were talking about pre-rendered cutscenes, not in game sequences. My mistake.

That being said, HL 2's character animation, as well as the tools used to create said character animation are far more complete than anything offered to a gamer/modder elsewhere. Not having Steam, I imagine you have never played with their scene creation suite. Thus I would imagine you would have to admit to the fact that you don't have all the information in this situation. Because of your lack of information, you could (possibly!) be wrong.

Just.. a suggestion.

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo