Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
59. Re: Border insecurity Jan 11, 2006, 18:50 Propagandhi

Have you ever seen the effects of Meth?
-It comes from Mexico in huge quantities becuase of the lax laws on bio hazz. waste.

Maybe whereever the devil you're from meth is imported, but in the midwest (where meth is considered to be the #1 drug problem) it's all cooked domestically. Sealing the borders won't stop the meth problem, won't even put a dent in it..\

... how are you going to fight the increased murder, theft, robbery, rape, etc fallout that is from drug use and abuse?

Who says drug use goes up? If anything it would be harder for minors (read: idiots) to obtain the shit. If you doubt that statement, think about pot and alcohol. Throughout high school it was far easier to buy pot (just ask the guy in study hall) than alcohol (gotta find someone to buy it for ya).

I just hate the whole concept of borders, so you'll never get me behind the whole border security bandwagon, but if you are going to throw money down that path, don't pretend that you're going to stop the drug problem by doing so...

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > D&D Online Dated
17. Re: LOL Jan 6, 2006, 20:40 Propagandhi

You will have to group (the game is not soloable [...]

That's what disapointed me the most. What makes BG\Icewind Dale\Other D&D Computer RPGS so much fun is that if you're patient and/or smart you can solo, but you have to play intelligently. The fact that they're forcing grouping totally negates this aspect of the game... ruins the RPG experience for me.

Shame... damn shame...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: domain Dec 12, 2005, 14:21 Propagandhi

At the bottom of my post is a google cache of the conversation between Godric (I believe this would be Mr. Chase) and the QuakeAid/Baou reps.

All in all I don't see how this constitutes any kind of terrible lible, far worse has been put on Wikipedia and QuakeAid has to understand that their legitimacy is going to be questioned given their business practices.

Suing wikipedia definitely seems like the wrong way about correcting their image, too. All in all, it doesn't even look like they have a leg to stand on right now...

Edit: Forgot my link: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:x4tlwBhBQ_oJ:en.wikipedia.org.honeycomb.cs.cornell.edu:8888/wiki/Talk:QuakeAID+(877)+765-6948&hl=en&client=opera

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 14:22.

I eat pasta!

26. Re: holy batshitbatman! Dec 11, 2005, 16:34 Propagandhi

Yeah I could explain how to take a derivative and to integrate but I could not explain what a derivative is and what it means.

That's fucked up. I could never have grasped calculus without understanding what a derivative represented... both on a mathmatical level and a 'real world' one.

Likewise with science courses it always feels like we learn how to solve individual problems but never how those problems relate to each other and what their context is.

Also weird.. maybe it's cause I'm an engineering student, but we're always blasted with the applications of the theory that is being presented.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Illinois Gaming Law KOed, Appeal Planned
33. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2005, 03:57 Propagandhi

I have NEVER seen any kid be denied a game that he shouldn't have

It happened to me once, must have been 5 years ago. Granted, I ended up just going to another retailer and buying it there, but even back then this stuff was enforced.

Cigs and movie tickets are no different, alcohol might be a little harder to get here in the states.. but there's always a retailer who's desparate enough for the business to "forget" to ID you. I guess you could argue the less scrupulous retailer should be punished, but I'd say that the fact that they're doing it indicates that the moral cost might not be as high as Clinton and her ilk say it is.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Quake 4 Demo
39. Re: Holy shit Nov 24, 2005, 01:01 Propagandhi

Not sure if I want to try this either. I finished FEAR over the weekend, and despite its brevity I was physically shaking after I finished it, the combat was just so badass.

Quake's plots have always been shitty, and I don't trust Raven to make up for it with proper atmosphere (like FEAR managed to do). Might just skip out on this entirely.

I eat pasta!

10. Light Saber Nov 19, 2005, 19:50 Propagandhi

That light saber game is awesome, got 98 kills and decided not to try again.. Great fun..  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Preview
2. Re: can't wait!!! Nov 14, 2005, 20:43 Propagandhi

Bah, I disagree.

Overly simplified toolsets invariably lead to overly simplified mods. I'd rather have a complicated toolset that can do anything than one that's just a glorified cookie cutter.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Aftermath Delayed
87. Re: ... Nov 12, 2005, 03:40 Propagandhi

Alright, you totally missed or ignored the point of each of those little soundbytes you picked out. There's nothing I can say to convince you that what you do (trolling nearly every Valve thread) is not productive, and is, in fact, annoying.

One final reply, then I'm going back to X3:

We all know that there are draw backs to Steam. We all know that it is not the golden standard of online distribution. But unlike you, we also see the benefits of it and all decide for ourselves whether these benefits outway the drawbacks. Based on that assessment we either use or do not use Steam.

What you cannot accept is that we aren't all a bunch of mindless drones, incapable of making decisions on our own. You treat everyone else in a Valve thread like a child (calling me "spokesidiot" in your last reply, very mature of you, very level headed) and brush their opinions out of hand. It's as if your brain hasn't even considered the fact that we might already know that Steam is not a beautiful piece of programming, but elected to use it anyway because it's not that bad.

First, he did not state or even imply it was an exaggeration. However, it is untrue regardless.

We all know that you don't manage to troll every single thread but even you have to admit that you show up in a great many of them and make the same "argument" over and over.

Also, perhaps it's a sign that you're not actually thinking about what other people mean when he uses an obvious expression ("pure hyperbole" you call it, and accurately so) and don't even bother to think that maybe that's intentional, and maybe that part of his sentence was not really relevant to his arguement.

Second, as to his overall point, sure I understood it but as it is just his misguided opinion, I couldn't care less what it is so I ignored it.

If you elected to ignore it why reply to the first part of that sentence? The first part was, once again, not an argument he was trying to make, it was simply contributing to a greater idea!

As for ragdoll kung fu: You continue to spout off opinions on games you've never played. I still remember a thread where you went off on the inferiority of Valve's fatial animation system and discounted my opinion on a number of games because you claimed "[I'd] never even played them!"

And yet, here you are, calling a game which you've never even played garbage.

Blah. Whatever. Steam is not great, WE ALL KNOW THIS, but please stop treating everyone in these threads like your pupils. You have nothing to teach us, nothing to show us, we simply don't hate steam or Valve as much as you.

I eat pasta!

85. Re: ... Nov 12, 2005, 01:20 Propagandhi

Being potentially cheaper and actually being cheaper are two vastly different things especially when you look at the history of Steam.

The history of Steam? HL 2's cost was fixed due to their publishing deals. DOD and Ragdoll were both fuckin cheap, I'd say that's because of the fact that they were released on Steam.

But enough of this, I'm not going to defend Steam, as there's no way I can convince you that it is not 100% pure, unadultered evil, just as I can't convince you that you're not some kind of infalable demi-god who is all knowing and all powerful.

See my explanation above. It's not vague and mysterious if you take the time to read what I have written before.

You wrote two short paragraphs. I read it all. I still don't know how Steam "harms users." If you don't like it you don't use it, no harm done.

I replied to and criticized the factual assertion of his statement which was untrue.

The first half of his sentence was a fucking exageration, and had nothing to do with the actual point he was trying to make (that your behavior as a Steam troll is childish and annoying). He did not mean that you were spending every waking moment syphoning through Valve threads, just that you seem to do it a lot, and that your behavior is tedious and stupid (just as talking to you is, so on that note, I quit ).

I eat pasta!

81. Re: ... Nov 11, 2005, 21:21 Propagandhi

I'm impressed by your ability to quote someone so inaccurately, Riley. All you did with your first quote was say 'Steam Sucks and does nothing' despite the fact that we know it can be useful and has advantages (not having to leave your house, potentially cheaper titles by cutting out the middle men). Then you say it's harmed the market and consumers.... apparently in some kind of vague, mysterious fashion, too difficult to explain in your brief post.

In your second quote, you take the first half of his sentence and totally ignore the point he was trying to make! Ridiculous.

Btw, I'm really excited to see how you cookie cutter this post to make me look like the ignorant Valve fanboi I secretly am.

I eat pasta!

73. Re: Holding on too tight Nov 11, 2005, 17:42 Propagandhi

He may play a lot of games every day, but you seem to spend that same amount of time trolling Blue's.

Oh, and I can't wait for your "mathmatical proof" that you spend "FAR LESS!!!ONEONEE!!" time trolling Blue's than Bat spends gaming. Nevermind the fact that I was simply pointing out the fact that you're a gigantic douche bag, and didn't mean to infer that you actually spent six hours a day trolling.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 17:43.

I eat pasta!

48. Re: Aftermath Nov 11, 2005, 00:53 Propagandhi

... otherwise it can suck a giant fat 24inch black cawk

So tell me, lord of insightful observation and sublime literatary prose, when will you be releasing the next great American novel?

I eat pasta!

33. Re: Wah wah wah Nov 10, 2005, 21:49 Propagandhi

... they will put up with EA's version of steam, and then all the others aswelll...

My eye they will. Valve cashed in on all that community support they had developed with TFC and their excellent support of HL 1. EA, otoh, is strongly disliked by many gamers and I'd be willing to bet people will just pirate their games rather than wrap themselves in whatever shitty distribution scheme they think up.

Why would a giant company like EA pay a licence fee to valve, when they could just as easily get their programers to make their own steaming crap?

Cost? The software shouldn't be too expensive but the databases and servers sure as hell are. EA may have buckets of money, but Valve can offer their services at well below the cost of making and maintaining your own gigabit/s network.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - X3: Reunion
48. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2005, 20:45 Propagandhi

Add two kids under the age of two to that and go figure how much time there's left for gaming per week.

Someone mentioned condoms, which would have been a great idea years ago but are of almost no value now. I recommend you eat the children, this means you won't have to grocery stop (more time for games) or look after kids (more time for games).

No need to thank me here and now for my sound advice, I'll mail you some kind of payment request.

/I'm a problem solver!

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 20:45.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
44. Re: iPod owners? Oct 26, 2005, 23:53 Propagandhi

There should be a mechanical master power switch.

There is. On your power supply. And good luck keeping your PC in good working order using that method of shut down...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > X3: Reunion U.S. Date
15. Re: Where are the good space games? Oct 26, 2005, 02:57 Propagandhi

I'm amazed there hasn't been a good sci-fi RPG released in... ever?

Only kind of true. KOTOR (and the sequel, provided you forget the ending), Eve-Online, and, of course, the Fallout series are all excellent Sci-Fi RPGs.

I agree though, space RPGs (this eliminates the Fallout games) are still waiting for the BG 2 of their genre...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Hitman Movie Writer Named
12. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2005, 02:04 Propagandhi

I agree Vin Diesel is just too big and built to be 47.

For some unkown reason I have great faith in Diesel. I think the biggest pitfall this movie faces is the story, which will most likely get almost no attention. This poor writer has to think of something interesting on such a quick timeframe, I fully expect this to develop into an uninspired action flick, with none of the atmosphere of the game.

The stories presented in the game were never that strong, ASFAI(Recall), but its such a fun concept (a stoic, professional, calculating hitman) that there's a ton of potential. Hate to see it wasted by some Hollywood jerks determined to capitalize on the brand recognition of a slightly above average video game.

Tangent: There really aren't that many video game players compared to normal movie goers. I think that's why so many video game based movies fail. The movie companies rely far too strongly on the existing fan base (which is 1/10th or less of the number of people that watch a typical blockbuster) and fail to actually make a movie that anyone else would watch...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2005, 01:58 Propagandhi

weird, the Gamespy Yuji Naka interview is almost a month old. I knew it sounded oddly familiar.

The Time Cube (http://www.timecube.com/) can explain all of your paradoxes and more.

That guitar game could be really cool if they make it flexible enough for guitar players and non-players to get something out of. I'm guessing it will just be a Dance-Dance-type button smasher, though. Only fun for the amphetamine addicts, or those who are naturally prone to pushing buttons really quick.

I eat pasta!

33. Re: FEAR Oct 23, 2005, 01:54 Propagandhi

Speaking of which, the SIMON segments are pissing me the fuck off...any tips?

Use the force, nin.

Edit: Sorry, the cingular ad is brainwashing me.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 01:55.

I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo