Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pawn

Real Name Pawn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Propagandhi
Email beguiledfoil@hotmail.com
ICQ 1105042
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 14, 2001, 06:31
Total Comments 794 (Graduate)
User ID 10650

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Segway Aug 14, 2006, 10:21 Propagandhi

These will change the entire universe.

Of that there can be no doubt, I feel the very fabric of space-time rearranging itself. The universe is no longer even approximately euclidean. In fact, I'm fairly certain I'll need to procure some new kind of transportation, as walking in this strange new space is nigh impossible... something with gyroscopes might suffice, and perhaps an electric motor.

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: I'll have everyone know.. Aug 14, 2006, 09:32 Propagandhi

Well, after you've installed Flash and Shockwave (if you go to sites which require these things). Oh, and it'll be a manual install because I have never seen the Firefox Flash auto-installer work properly. While I agree Firefox >> IE, it's still not quite ready for Joe Public to use out of the box.

Both shockwave and flash player are like 1-2 meg downloads, with one/two click installers for Opera... not sure what the situation for FF is, but I'd imagine it's similar. The bottom line is, if you can't install FF or Opera, then you simply aren't computer literate, something all readers of a video game website (more specifically a pc gaming website) should be.

I eat pasta!

24. Re: I'll have everyone know.. Aug 14, 2006, 06:22 Propagandhi

Send a personal check to Blue, I'm sure he won't argue with you.
Bit hard when I live in Australia and don't have any US bank account

Just send him your panties, they're as good as gold over here.

What are you lookin at?

I eat pasta!

23. Re: I'll have everyone know.. Aug 14, 2006, 06:13 Propagandhi

I don't want IE to block them because then if I want something to work, like a GIF or animated JPEG it doesn't.

Why you'd ever want either of those things is beyond me, but I guess that's reasonable. Pop-up blockers can screw up certain websites.

And I don't want to learn Firefox or any other the other programs because I'm sick of bothering to learn something new that gets updated and changed all the time.

Wha?! This is a webbrowser we're talking about, it's not some fucking CAD program with a 2000 page manual. There's a forward button, a back button, and some other standard features. The rest of it can be safely ignored (at least with Opera or Firefox it can, with IE you'll end up knee deep in mal-ware if you don't put some safeguards in place... or at least that was the case the last time I used IE, maybe things have changed).

Honestly, there's no reason not to install Opera or Firefox. Both are free, both take literally seconds to download and install (minutes if you're on a modem), both will function better than IE immediately after install, and neither is so feature heavy that you might somehow become confused by them.

But just make it a subscription site & people will pay you.

Free rules the web, man. Gaming news isn't something most people will pay for. Sure, all those who are active in the community might, but all the anons that visit the site but don't comment almost certainly won't be able to justify even a nominal fee.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2006, 01:57 Propagandhi

Man you guys are idiots. Obviously they can't perform the calculations until after they have the laptops IN HAND! Once they get the first 30 they'll be able to figure out exactly how many they need using the calculator software... man.. I can't believe I'm explaining shit this obvious!

It's stuff like this that cloggs the tubes!

I eat pasta!

4. I'll have everyone know.. Aug 13, 2006, 19:23 Propagandhi

I went and posted on chatbear, and that's what got the site back up.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > etc.
1. WoW doc.. Aug 13, 2006, 00:43 Propagandhi

Blizz Guy: So this is our pile of money... yeah.. we don't do much these days, mostly just look at the pile, watch it move around.

Documentary Film Maker: Move around?

Blizz Guy: Yeah, it started moving , oh.. , around April I think...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Valor Aug 12, 2006, 23:42 Propagandhi

MWC just wrapped up, so this tourney might not be too terribly competitive. Reinstall Myth and join us  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Plans
14. Re: ... Aug 12, 2006, 22:59 Propagandhi

I guess I'm in the minority, I used radar constantly. Tells you where guys are and it takes very little concentration.. glance up, notice one guy here, one guy there, oh someone died, that guy there isn't there anymore so the enemy must be _____.

edit: useD, I barely play anymore...

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 23:00.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch
2. Re: WOW Aug 11, 2006, 12:06 Propagandhi

Tony!!!

Battlezone (both the original, which introduced me to the third dimension, IIRC, and the remake) is awesome. Games like this, great games, always manage to draw support from the fans long after the publishers and devs have moved on. The Myth series does the same thing...

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Spore Dated, Sort Of
4. I'll gladly wait.. Aug 9, 2006, 21:54 Propagandhi

The more money and time they throw at this game, the better. There are a lot of great ideas here, and that means a lot that could go terribly wrong. Hopefully EA doesn't get impatient and do something stupid (see: BF 2).  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Demo
1. Downloading now! Aug 8, 2006, 12:12 Propagandhi

This is going to be a disaster, honestly pirate groups are better at distributing content than most video game publishers/devs. I just downloaded a Johnny Cash album at 250 kb/s, I'll be happy if this thing stays above 10kb/s  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: PS3 Economics Aug 6, 2006, 21:04 Propagandhi

You have a fanbase to maintain, shitting upon it will not get you far in the console industry right now. Things are going to be very competitive for the next few years.

And Sony could probably sell the PS3 at over a thousand dollars and they'd still clear stock, too many people are fanatical over these machines.

Bullshit. We'll never know the answer for sure (see above) but most of the fanatical fans are relying on their parents to pay for it. Good luck getting Dad to shell out a grand so you can play videogames.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > QuakeCon-O-Rama
7. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2006, 13:52 Propagandhi

Ah, Riley and space captain.. a match if there ever was one...  
I eat pasta!

5. Re: PC Problems Jul 31, 2006, 10:35 Propagandhi

Heat, maybe... Turn the PC off for ~30 minutes and see if the game lasts any longer.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Morning Q&As
15. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2006, 01:45 Propagandhi

you seem to have a history of being a dumbass

And space captain defends himself as resoundingly as always..

portals are still the "flavor of the moment" and this move is still cheap as shit

They've been working on it for quite awhile now, it's not like they saw a Prey movie and started copying them...

I'm readying myself for your devestating personal attack, btw.

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Man.. Simutronics.. Jul 28, 2006, 07:26 Propagandhi

Everytime I read something about Hero's Journey I just can't get over the fact that simutronics/play.net is behind this. Cyberstrike was my first real online game, and I have many fond memories.. hopefully they can pull out another gem, and not get lost in the crowd.  
I eat pasta!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movie
84. Re: speechrut Jul 19, 2006, 22:06 Propagandhi

I've made people on this message board cry

Hope you're counting me in your tally, few tears squeaked through as I giggled at your post..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movie
81. Re: why does america support a theocracy Jul 19, 2006, 21:35 Propagandhi

I can't believe you guys can reply to fred with anything but a smirk on your face..

Just ignore him or take it as the 'joke' that it is..

I eat pasta!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
82. Wow Jul 19, 2006, 01:49 Propagandhi

This looks fucking fantastic. Great deal of potential, if Valve does not realize it, I strongly believe that the Mod community will.  
I eat pasta!

794 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo