Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for a h

Real Name a h   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname the_culture
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 9, 2001, 21:22
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 10598

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status
1. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Status Oct 27, 2009, 23:41 the_culture

What is this bullshit? Valve is releasing the 360 version first?!?!!?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > L4D2 Social Gaming
1. Re: L4D2 Social Gaming Oct 26, 2009, 18:52 the_culture

Huh?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 22, 2009, 01:57 the_culture

No special action is required by PS3 customers to apply the fix

Makes you wonder where the fix was applied. Are they saying no patch was released?

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Smugglers IV - Doomsday
4. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Smugglers IV - Doomsday Oct 21, 2009, 13:23 the_culture

I couldn't find a demo. Is there one out?

Still waiting on a remake of Starflight! Annoyed

News Comments > I'm Not Alone Announced
5. Re: I'm Not Alone Announced Oct 21, 2009, 13:19 the_culture

Yeah, looks pretty generic. I guess the days of old-school survival-horror are gone. Though I heard Penumbra was pretty good. I tried about an hour's worth and while it had a tense atmosphere, I found it frustrating to navigate through.  

News Comments > Galactic Command Online; 3000AD's "Last Game"
72. Re: Galactic Command Online; 3000AD's Oct 15, 2009, 22:13 the_culture

The irony in all of this is that Derek Smart was insulted a dozen times by a dozen different people before he ever said a word in this thread, and then people are seemingly upset that he comes into the thread with a less than amiable attitude.

Good point, Prez. I personally have taken jabs at Derek's games, but it's never against him personally. I think it's kind of fun sparring back and forth.

I'm not sure why there's so much seething hate towards the guy though. There have been other Blues posters who've said a lot worse.

News Comments > First Borderlands DLC Announced
2. Re: First Borderlands DLC Announced Oct 15, 2009, 21:01 the_culture

the first in a series of downloadable expansions

Nothing like announcing players can pay even more money for a game that's not even a proven commodity yet.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Steamy Issue of Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2009, 18:15 the_culture

And these are the guys Randy thinks have an issue.

He gives no examples. Just makes a blind statement that can't be proven or verified. At least Rock, Paper, Shotgun asked a few small devs how they felt.

Honestly, Pitchford just needs to shut his mouth. If he don't have an issue, and doesn't know if anyone else does, why bring it up then?

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Electronic Arts No Longer the Evil E Oct 12, 2009, 14:54 the_culture

Fast forward three to four years and we’re looking at an entirely different company. Electronic Arts has helped evolve the industry through this generation unlike any other publisher. Through amazingly unique titles such as Dead Space and Mirror’s Edge,

Was this written by an EA employee? While Mirror's Edge may have been somewhat unique (in perspective), Dead Space was far from it. It borrowed heavily from a ton of games, films and literature. It just happened to do it well.

No longer do you see this company trying to buy up the little guy in order to make a quick buck, but instead they’re trying to grow their company to that next level of super power that the industry has yet to see.

You may want to talk with EA Warrington, EA Chicago, EA Big, DICE Canada, Pandemic Studios Brisbane, and others.

One of the biggest examples of this turn around, in my opinion, is the Need for Speed series. Who could have predicted that Need for Speed: Shift end up so successful and offer such a great experience?

Interesting, since I hear this is getting mixed reviews. Plus he rips Activision for milking franchises, but says nothing of the milking of Madden, NBA Live, NHL Live, Tiger Woods, Rock Band, LoTR series, The Sims (and spin-offs), Need for Speed, summer movie tie-ins, Command & Conquer series, and more.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 14:54.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Steamy Issue of Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2009, 14:22 the_culture

Since Valve wholly owns Steam, and Steam makes money from the sale of games made by rivals, Valve profits from the games made and published by their rivals.

Doesn't nearly every large publisher sell their games on Steam? This sounds like Randy Pitchford doing his typical crybaby routine to garner attention.

“I, personally, trust Valve. But I’m just saying, honestly, I think a lot of the industry doesn’t.”

Who exactly then, huh Randy? You obviously don't have an issue selling Borderlands on Steam. Someone in the media needs to call out that jackass and tell him the STFU.

News Comments > Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed?
4. Re: Final 2 L4D2 Campaigns Revealed? Oct 12, 2009, 11:23 the_culture

L4D2 is the most pre-ordered game in Valve history already

And yet, all we hear are the whiners and crybabies. Personally, I'm looking forward to this game. I played L4D a ton and definitely got my money's worth (and I don't even play versus).

News Comments > Scivelation Announced
10. Re: Scivelation Announced Oct 9, 2009, 19:37 the_culture

Totally generic looking. Do devs even try to make something unique anymore? "set in a dystopian future" is just another name for "vaguely european slum area."  

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands
9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 9, 2009, 19:33 the_culture

how do they give you a good idea of the type of gameplay you'll get when there's so many variables to it yet fit it in demo form?

Like the devs of Crackdown did it: sectioned off area, accelerated skill progression and timed gameplay (30-45 minutes). Personally, I thought it worked perfectly and was the deciding factor for me to purchase it.

News Comments > L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed
35. Re: L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed Oct 8, 2009, 20:00 the_culture

Whats "Fort Zombie" ?

http://www.fortzombie.com/

Sorta casual action game for the PC.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: U2 in Rock Band Oct 7, 2009, 12:14 the_culture

We didn’t want to be caricatured.

Too late for that!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2009, 11:26 the_culture

Activision denied any wrongdoing in its purchase of 7 Studios, saying the buy out was made to "bolster its development capabilities," that it "provided the fledgling developer with much needed financing during these difficult economic times."

Well that was nice of them. Activision is a real class act-

Activision... laid off an estimated 30 people from 7 Studios.

I guess the difficult economic times are over.

That suit alleged that Activision and 7 Studios conspired to withhold Scratch the Ultimate DJ "in an effort to delay the development and release of Scratch and to gain access to proprietary technology."

Wasn't Activision accused of the same thing by Double Fine regarding Brutal Legend?

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2009, 11:26.

News Comments > EA Gets Steamier
2. Re: EA Gets Steamier Oct 6, 2009, 19:32 the_culture

Wasn't Godfather 2 pretty crappy, especially on the PC? AND they want $40?!  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
38. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 19:24 the_culture

Oh please, hosting the "No DRM group", going nuts in DRM topics and then purchasing a game with DRM is flipflopping. No one cares man, it's not a huge deal,

Obviously, some people care. Maybe the same amount of people that care about sales figures.

But we will never know how many people care about DRM vs. how many people care about sale figures because they don't post the numbers!

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2009, 19:25.

37. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 19:18 the_culture

You've been insulting, derogatory

If you're going to keep score, you might want to be accurate.

Verno:
1- Step outside of your condescension
2- read the topic moron
3- Your argument is thick headed and you personally sound like a professional wrestler trying to debate.
4- instead of the unintelligent "BECUZ THEY CAN CUZ THEYRE PRIVATE U STUPID HEAD" drivel you usually offer.
5- Ignoring your retarded comment
6- You're even more crazy
7- Remove thy head from thine buttocks.
8- That's called maturity Dagok, something you could learn a great deal about.
9- I wonder if the words "I was wrong" or "I'm sorry" are even in your vocabulary. <----have to count it twice since it's two separate sentences
10- never shut up with his obnoxious opinion
11- Captain Dagok, The Principled Honest Champion of Northrend<---My personal fav
12- I will obnoxiously paste them all again.
13- When you can't win, try to yell them into submission.<----This is here for the sheer irony
14- You're the bigger idiot

Dagok:
1- more bullshit from you
2- How obtuse can you be?
3- your own ridiculous paranoia and conspiracy theory.
4- Pull your head out of your ass.
5- Jesus Jonas, not you too. <----Not sure if that one counts
6- The lack of common sense around here is astounding.
7- not only are you an idiot
8- you are so thick headed and are so desperate
9- support your bullshit conspiracy
10- you should go work for FOX News<----Some may find this one extremely insulting
11- are you just that dense?

VERNO: 14*
DAGOK: 11*

*Total does not reflect all of the sarcastic comments by both parties, which were too numerous to count.

33. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 18:56 the_culture

The enjoyment of a game comes after the purchase of the game and all of these factors we've listed can be part of the purchase decision. Pay attention.

I think it's just two different schools of thought. Some gamers like to know numbers because it may affect their purchasing decision. Others do not.

I happen to be in the latter category. While it would satisfy my curiosity, it in no way affects my purchase. As a gamer, numbers aren't that important.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2009, 19:22.

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo