Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sine

Real Name Sine   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sine
Email blue@id-base.com
ICQ None given.
Description I hate my job.
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 6, 2001, 17:46
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 10568

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 2
1. Whats next for id software? Aug 13, 2004, 12:23 Sine

Making an original game which doesn't include many levels of the same textures, and the same monsters popping out the same hidden walls. Come on ID, wheres your level design gone?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Game Movies
22. HL2 May 12, 2004, 17:38 Sine

Can't wait. Has great visuals and the gameplay will probably be excellent. The characters certaintly have more... character So it's taken a bit of time; what game hasn't?

News Comments > Consolidation
6. Re: xbox specs? Apr 27, 2004, 14:27 Sine

There is no mention of P4 class cpu's. What that looks like is 3 cores in one chip, which would be a lot cheaper than 3 single cpu's.

News Comments > Consolidation
7. Too little to the right Feb 2, 2004, 17:52 Sine

My fault, I had the impression that IBM was involved in manufacturing at least some Athlon 64 parts. Must've just received some bad info somewhere

If ms were to use AMD, AMD would be thes ones dealing with IBM about fab facilities. AMD do use IBM.

These specifcations are all speculation. Having a computer with 6 cores is likely to be very expensive. Yield rates on the CPU dies would have to be improved per wafer and the tighter 65nm is likely to increase failure rates. The reason for having no hard disk would be that it's a component which is expensive and will add more cost on top of the many cpus, graphics chips, the memory and the other stuff. Microsft still probably make a loss on all sales of the xBox because all of the oem components used.

Makes you wonder... it's not x86 based. Do they rewrite windows for PPC 976. Or do they just write DX libraries for an operating system that already runs on PPC 976? Microsoft licensed UNIX off SCO. Also, microsoft have been seen taking a delivery of a lot of Mac G5's. Who knows?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Too little to the right Oct 25, 2003, 13:47 Sine

At 1600x1200 there is way too much deadspace at the top. The left menu looks better though.

44. Random Comment - Mail Bag Oct 9, 2003, 19:02 Sine

Perhaps you should do another round of mail bag for no reason, other than for the hell of it

News Comments > Wolfenstein GotY Q&A
15. Re: GotY content Jun 18, 2002, 17:04 Sine

I think it's more to do with the fact that they are calling it GOTY, when it really wasn't. The single player was so dull (i didn't even bother with the cut scenes, zzZzzzzz). It seemed to rely to much on the multiplayer bit, which isn't really that great IMHO.

35. Donations Aug 16, 2001, 13:13 Sine

I don't see what the problem with donations. If people wish to keep their favourite site up, i'd let them. Quite a lot of other sites have been unable to keep going, because advertising was not pulling in the cash, and they have asked for donations. Example 1: http://www.gamedev.net

News Comments > Quake 4, Untitled id Game Revealed
19. Strogg....urgh Aug 10, 2001, 18:14 Sine

Strogg...Wheres the originality in that? Quake4... Wheres the originality in that?

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo