Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Goes Into The Garage
12. #7 Apr 29, 2002, 23:08 Xombie

East? is that you? Snow Leopard maybe?
Oh I don't care. *hugs you*
I miss you guys

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Goes Into The Garage
11. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2002, 23:05 Xombie

no no no no. You have it all wrong.
The dumbest thing is that Alex Rodberg, for some reason, thinks that he is a developer.
The man just has to deal with the fact that he is marketing, and doesn't actually develop games.

News Comments > Anarchy Online: Shadowlands Announced
18. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2002, 20:09 Xombie

There's quite a difference between "buggy" and "unacceptable crap". Funcom released the latter of the two.
A BUG is where you crash to desktop after a few hours, or see a graphic anomaly, or a bullet doesn't shoot right. AO, almost a YEAR after it was released, is unplayable for a third of its playerbase. They still release virtually untested patches, have NO balance, and there is no actual point to the game except powerlevel into a new suit of armor.
AO hasn't come any way at all. They ignore their players, downplay their mistakes until they're so blatent that they have admit to them and shoot themselves in the foot.
AO does NOT give what is advertised on the box. there is NO in game story provided by funcom beyond "<insert random mob> attacks <insert random city> en masse".

I rarely ever give a bad review to a game. I love games. But AO was horrid and Funcom obviously is trying to cheat their customers.
I don't care what the comparison is. If anything is worse than AO, it doesn't mean AO suddenly doesn't suck. It means that the other game just sucks worse. There are dozens of new games I could play and all of them are less buggy than AO.
You can continue to get a rigid rear prodding by Funcom if you want, but I won't stand for them trying to get away with barely testing a game, leaving it buggy as hell, then passing it off as "good".

News Comments > etc.
62. Re: well Apr 29, 2002, 14:40 Xombie

how can any of you argue that he would not have kiledl so many peopl wiithout the game.
The fact that there's no trustworthy statistics to back it up is a pretty good start.

he learned various tactics playing these games
So? What the hell would that have helped him do? Look for campers in the rafters of the Gym?
The only tactic he used was "point and shoot". Which he obviously would have known without the video games.

we wouldnt allow a game that taught you how to grow cocaine and acid and meth but yet we allow games that teach killing
Any 10 year old knows that bullets can kill people, without playing a game. Murder isn't a complicated process.

how to operate a deadly weapon without a license
Games don't teach you how to operate weapons. The only thing you see is possibly loading the gun and arming it. Any retard knows how to do this, without games.

and camoflauge tactics that can be used to perhaps kill more victims
Camofla-.... you have GOT to be kidding me. What the HELL kind of camoflage tactics would he use in a goddamn school building?

I strongly agree that this types of games should not be sold to minors under 21.
They already aren't. Minors are people 17 and younger. They aren't allowed to buy M rated games.

News Comments > etc.
61. Re: Sane and reasoned... Apr 29, 2002, 14:33 Xombie

In most places it's illegal to sell M rated games to children. I know EB Games has that type of policy.
But it's really rather irrelevant, as most kids get their games from their parents.
This comment was edited on Apr 29, 14:34.

12. hehehe Apr 29, 2002, 14:22 Xombie

What I find amusing is that there are actually people who think that this release won't be full of bugs. Funcom has already proven that they do not stray from the pack as far as toleration of bugs in their MMORPG goes, and they've actually admitted to it. (this should get a few AO fanboi's riled up who haven't read Funcom's interviews)

Think for a second: If the game they worked on for over three years has tons of bugs in it and virtually no balance, even almost a year after release, what in the world would give you the notion that the expansion they've worked on for under 10 months (by release) would be any better?

11. Re: Anarchic genre Apr 29, 2002, 14:18 Xombie

There are still a few bugs, yes; but they are very minor and not show-stoppers by any stretch.
Like the chat client failing? And the patches that corrupt installation? Or what about the playshifting failure? Or maybe when the mission server resets, and leaves a character in the middle of a large dungeon with rooms full of monsters that he just killed, but are now suddenly alive again?

The thing that brought me back to AO is the incredibly complex character development system.
You're right. It's very complex in how it is challenging. It takes definite deep thought to figure out which skills are completely useless in the game, as half of them are.

Combined with the cyborg augmentations, you can actually make a truly unique character in AO
And completely twink out your character, giving you the joyous ability to imbalance PvP.

That's something that neither EQ nor Camelot can claim; they are very "cookie-cutter."
You're right. It was something that was stolen from Deus Ex and Neocron.

The "camp mob/kill mob/repeat" pattern gets very old, very quickly. That's why I play an Adventurer, a jack-of-all-trades, and do what adventurers are supposed to do: adventure and explore
I can see the sequel to AO now... "MS Walking Simulator 2003"

I think AO holds my interest a bit better because of the atmosphere, which it has in spades, while DAoC is about as atmospheric as a padded cell
Try going outside. It's free, and the bugs can be avoided easier.

On average, you also seem to get a slightly more mature player base
Such as "Dark Carnival", who are named after Insane Clown Posse and run around swearing and mob-stealing.
Or possibly the countless greifers camping zone lines.

as fantasy themes attract children and the poorly-read in droves
And sci fi is something that ONLY adults have EVER been interested in.

while the favorite past-time of the quasi-intellectual is to sneer derisively at the sci-fi he isn't capable of understanding.
Ohhh. you're talking about AO?
Let's see now... AO has magic, dragons, knights, swords... how is it sci fi again?

9. No subject Apr 29, 2002, 14:04 Xombie

Three kinds of people who bash AO:
1.) Those who spent their own money (not their mother's)
2.) Those that don't like Funcom lying all the time and then admitting to lying later
3.) Those who know that companies should not be able to get away with a hideously buggy game a year after it was released.

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: well Apr 28, 2002, 22:21 Xombie

They use such games with special VR equipment. And even then it's just to practice being in a battle situation.
They don't use them for target practice. That's just silly. They use real guns and real targets for that. Video games use mice or other such controllers, and do NOT offer any sort of value towards someone's skill with an actual firearm.
And no, they don't use Soldier of Fortune. Last I checked, they used Real War and Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six for the tactical simulations.

If you see an Optical M4 Explorer, please tell me. I'm getting tired of the ball getting in the way of my ammo clips.
This comment was edited on Apr 28, 22:24.

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: well Apr 28, 2002, 20:03 Xombie

Actually, I did have a nice, long, well-informed, quoted referenced post.
Then I re-read what the guy wrote.
With "it is readily apparent that the only thing all the school shooters have in common is that they are victims of violent games" it sounded like a joke.
But with "id rather lose out on violent games and be alive to have dinner with my family", it means he's trying to look serious.
With "these games are brewing a world of killers and suicide bombers" he's obviously going out of his way to make the most extreme and riot-inciting comment he can.
It's a classic. He's just trying to stir things up.

Don't feed the trolls.
This comment was edited on Apr 28, 20:03.

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: well Apr 28, 2002, 19:55 Xombie

It wasn't a reply to you. It was a reply to #17. Hence the "Re: well".

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: well Apr 28, 2002, 19:40 Xombie

Troll.

News Comments > etc.
29. Re: We knew this was coming... Apr 28, 2002, 19:36 Xombie

Republicans generally have the worse record with enforcing gun laws.
I really don't think that Clinton has an effect on when kids decide to go nuts and kill people.

News Comments > etc.
10. No subject Apr 28, 2002, 13:04 Xombie

Why do I find it a bit hard to swallow that the country who is home to the #1 innovator of munitions and firearms can get away with playing the "video games did it" card?
Though I'd like to offer my consolation to all my gaming buddies in Germany, in how their rights are about to be dashed. It's too bad that Doug Lowenstein doesn't have a german twin.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. No subject Apr 27, 2002, 11:36 Xombie

awwwwwww ^_^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. No subject Apr 25, 2002, 14:11 Xombie

Hehe. There's still an over 8 hour wait on some of the FP servers.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2003 Q&A
1. correction Apr 24, 2002, 14:25 Xombie

Blue, Pancho Eekels is the lead designer of UT2 at DE. Prophecy was doing the interview for Unreal Center.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto III Q&As
85. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2002, 14:23 Xombie

simply by virtue of having DM and CTF, and nothing more, would have been a righteous experience
You're right. But only for hardcore DM and CTF players. the average player isn't one of those though.
The only reasons they would put multiplayer in would be:
-If it was really really kickass and well made.
-If it would increase sales.
Thing is, unless it meets the former, the latter won't happen. Even though Red Faction MP is fun as hell, it's nothing but DM and CTF tossed into a PS2 port. And I don't see anyone praising it, or it increasing sales.
Putting in multiplayer just for the fans is a great idea in theory, but in practice, you might as well toss money off a building. They do have to spend cash doing that stuff, and if there's no return, it's not intelligent to do.

To think I sold my PS2 copy just because I figured the PC version would have multiplayer
That was rather silly.
Why didn't you just keep the damn thing until the PC version actually came OUT? I mean, I don't remember Rockstar encouraging ANYONE to sell their PS2 copies...

84. Re: Re: Diminishing Returns... Apr 24, 2002, 14:13 Xombie

Most places I know let you cancel preorders.

75. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2002, 15:02 Xombie

I for one am glad to see that there are still developers out there that don't need or want to bend to marketers

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo