Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Jedi Outcast Demo Soon
5. Re: What is the level like? May 6, 2002, 22:05 Xombie

They will. They did with the full MP demo for RtCW, if my memory serves me right. They made a special download for those with the full game so they could get the "Trenchtoast" map.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SoF2 Movie
12. Re: damn activision May 6, 2002, 21:53 Xombie

Banning violent games may, and i stress may, help to prevent these types of kids from doing what we've seen happen recently
No, it won't. It certainly didn't stop Hitler or Charlie Manson. It would not have stopped the Columbine kids. These four people have one thing in common: They were f*cking psychopaths. Hitler was genocidal, Manson was homocidal, and the Columbine kids were on medication (that they had avoided taking) for psychosis.

Banning any game will, and I stress will, rape me of my first amendment rights.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: eh... May 6, 2002, 19:01 Xombie

For this movie, they condensed the roles of Gwen and Mary Jane into just Mary Jane. I think it was a good idea:
-To do justice to the Peter/Gwen/MJ soap opera, the movie would have taken at least another one and a half hours. The saga in the comics went through at least 100 issues.
-The comic version is far too complicated for newer audiences. It's easier to just keep track of MJ
-The way they did it in the movie worked well.

/begin spoiler
Gwen is supposedly going to be in the next movie to some extent
/end spoiler

31. Re: eh... May 6, 2002, 15:20 Xombie

Are you sure? Have you watched Power Rangers?
I would have to say that if they put him in a more comic-esque green goblin, he would look MORE like a power rangers villian.
But really, the suit he uses fits the story. It wouldn't make sense for him to just deck out in a whacky costume, as the movie seems to give progression to his insanity. He doesn't instantly go entirely loco, it's a transitional thing.

24. Re: Special Effects May 6, 2002, 14:41 Xombie

I think your eyes are tricking you because of the speed with which the cgi characters moved.
If you look closely, you'll notice that the bones/joints of the animations are correct, it's just the movements sped up. Unlike in Blade 2, where the characters were flipping around like blobs.
Speedy animation does look odd, though.

23. Re: Whoo Hoo!! First Comment!!! May 6, 2002, 14:37 Xombie

I saw it on an IMAX on Saturday
It was.... amazing *ducks*
okay! bad pun!

News Comments > DOOM III Announced
116. Re: DooM HAD A STORY, and a good one at that May 5, 2002, 21:19 Xombie

Most likely they didn't ever actually buy the game, and only played the shareware version, which had few (if any) story parts to it.

The reason why the gameplay itself was lacking (and lacking in Wolf 3D) was because it was the style of the time. Although proven by both Quake and Daikatana, the gameplay would have continued to be simplistic had John Romero stayed at id.
id's staff is currently NOT the same ones that worked on Wolf, Quake, or Doom. Most of those people have likely moved on by now. id does this thing called "hiring" (gasp!) and they do it to "new people" on a regular basis (double gasp!)

To my knowledge, no one has ever been assigned to "story" on any id single player game yet. Nor "writing" or anything of the sort. With games NOW, though, such a thing is an absolute necessity. Just as Level Design wasn't a word when Doom was made.

id has before set more precedents, and had fewer to follow. Now they are on the heels of Half Life. After Half Life, no one expected an action game with anything less than an extensive story, played out in the game before the player's eyes. id's last single player game came out in late 1997, before Half Life. (apologies for the previous typo, I meant to say "half a decade", not "a decade")

And no, RtCW was, again, NOT made by id, it was made by Gray Matter and Raven.

I'm holding my judgement until I see who is announced as the writer.

114. Re: heh May 5, 2002, 20:58 Xombie

Exactally what are you comparing Wolf 3D to? It was the first first-person shooter made.

This comment was edited on May 5, 21:20.

84. Re: Doom meets Resident Evil? May 4, 2002, 16:05 Xombie

Considering that Doom is the original horror action game, I'm inclined to agree, in that it will be much slower paced, and more sophisticated than Romero's "LET'S TOSS MORE NME'Z AT EM!" style.
The thing Doom had was atmosphere, and with newer technology (especially the kind they're using), that's much more now than "pop up a cyberdemon". And the style of Doom just wouldn't work in Doom 3.

83. Re: Thats great but will it suck like RTCW? May 4, 2002, 15:59 Xombie

id didn't make RtCW. They produced it. Gray matter made the single player part of RtCW.

id hasn't actually made a single player game in nearly a decade.

82. No subject May 4, 2002, 15:56 Xombie

Doom was released before the term "level design" existed. It added atmosphere.
Quake was released before "good storyline" was even fathomable in an action game. It added 3d.

The precedents that Doom 3 has to follow will be evident in the new title. John Carmack is one of the most intelligent people in the industry (as id is possibly the longest lasting big-name development company in the business). Doom and Quake didn't lack anything that actually existed yet, and SET precedents.
This id's FIRST in-house single player game since Half Life's story form revolutionized the genre. There is no logical comparison for id's storytelling abilities, as they've never made, nor ever had to make, a game with an epic story. Now they do. There's really nothing for Doom 3 to actually follow, as it's predecessor was so simple. As long as there's guns and monsters, voila, it follows up on Doom.

Why did Doom and Quake do well? Because they took what was there and took it further. id's single player games tend to do that.

15. Re: Heroes May 4, 2002, 10:32 Xombie

It saved the reporters from a slow news day.

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune II MP Update
13. Re: No subject May 4, 2002, 09:55 Xombie

That, and the Raven peoples are very nice

w00t! knife fights!

14. No subject May 3, 2002, 12:26 Xombie

omg omg omg omg OMG!
/me prances

12. Re: at least he didnt... May 2, 2002, 14:31 Xombie

Actually, in Fight Club, the gun didn't slip.
It wasn't said in the movie, but he had a gaping hole in the side of his cheek. The gun was shot through that, although still taking chunks with it. The book, by Chuck Palahniuk (which the movie is based on), explains it better.

But really, the gun doesn't have to slip in order for the person to survive the wound. The bullet must go through the part of the brain responsible for regulation of things like the heart, and other essential bodily functions.
There's a story of a railroad worker who had a metal rod shot up through the bottom of his chin, up through his skull, and out the top. All it did, though, was sever the connection between his Frontal Association Area (the part of the brain that is responsible for intellect and civilized action) and the rest of his brain.
This comment was edited on May 2, 14:34.

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Goes Into The Garage
56. Re: #7 May 1, 2002, 23:17 Xombie

EEEEAAAASSSSTTTT!
/me latches onto EAST

lol Yup, that sounds like Kelly bitching again
I've never seen EAST bitch. If he had, I definitely would have seen it, as he's a friend of my tribe.
This comment was edited on May 1, 23:21.

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Goes Into The Garage
47. Re: Tool May 1, 2002, 15:05 Xombie

Raging, Lateralus is the ONLY tool album in the last five years.

News Comments > etc.
2. No subject May 1, 2002, 14:28 Xombie

Well I'll be damned.
For once I actually AGREE with Chris Morris.

All the gaming industry has to do is show a video of a game that actually has artistic merit.
For instance, the extensive dialog in Deus Ex on government control, the advent of cybernetic technology, and their affects on the future of society and ethical standards. (This stuff was so blatently obvious it was almost silly. JC having arguments with an AI on the benefits and drawbacks of technology in mankind)

News Comments > Anarchy Online: Shadowlands Announced
26. Re: agree with #4 Apr 30, 2002, 12:40 Xombie

2 words
free speech

If you don't like hearing the complaints, don't read them.

The only way to "Imbalance PvP" is my souping up your character, which is not easy
When I left AO I had a level 25 Metaphysicist with a level 55 pet, level 45 Bau Cyber armor (full set), and a full set of level 45 implants. I did this without the help of another character.
Imagine what people can do with a new character when they have the income of a level 130 character. I know people who, at my same level, were equipping level 100 weapons, because they could easily get them with money from their level 130. The fact that the scale is tipped in favor of those who have high level alternate characters DOES make it imbalanced.
And no, i don't consider throwing off the balance of the game as a "reward" just because the person in question is on the top of the grief chain.
But no, that wasn't even what I was referring to when I was talking about imbalance. Obviously, I was talking about the balance of the content itself.

Xombie I think your computer sucks.
And you did this without actually knowing anything about it? WOW! Do you have your own tv show yet, Ms. Cleo?

AO has well over 10,000 people playing it just fine right now.
And where do you get those numbers from?

You trying to pretend like we all got "lucky."
I don't find the way Funcom treats customers to be very "lucky" at all. Except that Funcom is lucky that it is still in business.

Your a flake.
My A flake? Why not my B flake? And what about it?

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 16:29.

News Comments > etc.
77. Re: 72 Apr 30, 2002, 12:33 Xombie

Completely unstable characters aren't supposed be out roaming in the first place.

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo