Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
82. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2002, 15:21 Xombie

wouldn't u complain if ur lot had been protrayed been killed in cold bold in a stupid video game?
Considering that I'm a white american male, there have been quite a few games where "my lot" have been killed in cold blood. I sincerely do not care, since they are video game characters. I have no emotional ties to fictional beings.

And even if I didn't like it, it would not make it illegal. We've already covered this.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: The Point Oct 30, 2002, 14:25 Xombie

Many people posting to this thread are yapping about the First Amendment and how the Hitman 2 people are expressing themselves. That is fine, but keep in mind that the Sikhs are expressing themselves too..
And I do not have a problem with their complaint. They have the right to petition and to complain.

70. Re: The Point Oct 30, 2002, 14:19 Xombie

Lets say a game came out in the next couple of years and the mission of the game was to hijack a plane and crash it into the World Trade Center. Would you be upset? Or would you say "Oh thats freedom of speech. I got no problems with that."
The latter. Wether or not one likes it, it is still covered under freedom of speech. People have the right to express even tasteless things.
Although the two choices you have posed aren't very good ones. I could be upset and still believe that someone has the right to upset me.

"I do not like what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" --Voltaire

50. No subject Oct 30, 2002, 12:31 Xombie

“That Gary Oldman is making us crackers look bad.”
Best. Quote. Evar.

39. Re: Get Over it... Oct 30, 2002, 11:37 Xombie

you people who seem to think one has to play an entire game before one can pass judgement are incorrect when there is enough supporting evidence on the Internet alone ...
Do not expect to garner support by making excuses to remain in a state of ignorance.

... your arguments are similar to saying every Judge has to try experience every illegal drug that they sentence criminals away before they can pass judgement...
The correct analogy is that they would have to meet the criminal. It is not the drug they are condemning (in fact, congress would be the ones condemning the drugs, as they made the law). They are condemning criminals, so they must meet them. You are condemning a game, so you must first play it.
And yes, they do have to talk face to face with the accused before sentencing them.

.. so in snide's (and most of the other posters' world) your legal system would be full of crackheads and criminals! lol
Considering that most people here are from America, their legal system IS full of crackheads and criminals.

to summarize, all I am saying is that different people have different thresholds for offensiveness... we have to respect each other's feelings...
No, actually, here in the real world, we don't have to.

If you don't find it offensive, fine, then STFU... but don't censor a group of people who are standing up for their beliefs when they have a right to express their opinions just like everyone else does.
It's the Sikhs who are attempting to CENSOR (literally!) Hitman 2. We are just saying that they're wrong.
We are expressing an opinion, the Sikhs are for censorship.
And I don't want them to go through with it, because I like the game, and want more people to buy it, so that Eidos will have a reason to make Hitman 3.

35. No subject Oct 30, 2002, 11:29 Xombie

1.) As far as I know, Eidos is a VIDEO GAME COMPANY, and has no vendetta against the Sikh. They are not attempting to encite anti-sikh riots or anything of the sort.

2.) Even if they were, not even one of us could do a goddamn thing about it. As #24 said, they're protected by the first amendment, and can say whatever the hell want to, even if we don't like to hear it.

That's the shitty part of freedom of speech, folks. It applies to people other than just you. It's part of living in a free country.

News Comments > Death in a Cyber Cafe, Part Three
19. Exhaustion? Oct 23, 2002, 19:26 Xombie

I find it just a tad hard to believe that someone would die of exhaustion from 32 hours of sitting on their ass.
Peter Watson sounds a lot like he has no clue what he is talking about. The stress that the body undergoes playing a game is much different than one undergoes whilst playing a video game. You'd have to be pretty stupid for your brain to think it were under attack (as if your physical well-being were at risk) whilst watching a video of combat. And this is assuming that they were playing a 3D game (as far as I know, the only american games that are widely popular in Asia are 2D strategy games).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Be careful what you wish for Oct 17, 2002, 10:57 Xombie

Here you go, blue
http://www.jaymo.de/pics/cybercrab.jpg

News Comments > Consolidation
3. No subject Oct 16, 2002, 14:48 Xombie

Rockstar isn't a publisher. Rockstar is DMA, the developer.
Take 2 is the publisher.

5. No subject Oct 15, 2002, 10:44 Xombie

RealPlayer has spyware.
Just so you know.

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Update
22. Re: ... Oct 13, 2002, 20:33 Xombie

yeah this game sucks.

that why so many people are playing it.
According to that logic, The Backstreet Boys are a good band.

i dont know where you people have gotten a bad opinion of the game..the reviewrs love it, the gamers love it.
I feel a "U R NOT REEL G4M3R UNL3Z U LUV TIS GAME!" coming on...

the only people that dont like it dont have the machine to run it...i guess ya'll have suck machines.
Nope. Looks like you lost your concentration and went with the "YOU HAVE SMALL PENIS" angle.

Ever think that maybe people don't like it because it's just another WW2 game with poor graphics?

News Comments > NOLF2 ATI Patch
4. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2002, 20:24 Xombie

They are producing a fix, infact releaseing a whole beta driver set to fix a problem with ONE game. I'd say thats dam good driver support.
Yeah, and if you would have bought an nVidia, the game would already be working fine.

News Comments > UT2003 Patch Plans
11. Re: Frame rate capping?!?!?! Oct 13, 2002, 20:22 Xombie

Why don't you come over a suck my dick Tony!!!
If that line didn't work on the last guy you hit on, why are you using it again?

You know thats what you really want so you better watch your back you pile of donkey shit!
Or else Goof will hire out his mother call you up and yell at you!!!!

6. Huh. Oct 13, 2002, 14:26 Xombie

The callgirl daughter story from yesterday was also supposed to be only a legend.  

News Comments > Postal 2 Movie
15. No subject Oct 10, 2002, 13:49 Xombie

There are a lot of violent/crude games out there, but they all have other aspects to redeem them. Postal 2 doesn't seem to have any.
-GTA3 had a storyline, car racing, freestyle stunts (my favorite part was looking for unique ones :)), etc.
-Carmageddon series was one of the first really open-mapped racing games.
-Mortal Kombat had great gameplay, graphics, and background story (for its time), and the new MK is boasting an absolutely amazing fighting system.
-even BMX XXX is looking to have good gameplay, as far as the biking goes.

Postal 2 doesn't seem to have anything. It's like an interactive tech demo, of someone else's engine.

News Comments > Death at an Internet Cafe
20. No subject Oct 9, 2002, 20:35 Xombie

I wonder if he would go to Valhalla. He did, after all, technically die in battle.
Just a thought.

News Comments > Death at an Internet Cafe
2. Kinda makes you wonder... Oct 9, 2002, 14:15 Xombie

Why don't these Korean internet cafe's sell food?  

32. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2002, 17:25 Xombie

The market for a movie is much larger than that of a video game, despite what the IDSA likes to tell people.
Not to mention that when you go to see a movie, you're not KEEPING a copy of it.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 17:27.

10. Re: Molyneux Oct 3, 2002, 10:56 Xombie

Games actually do generally cost several million dollars or more to make. If developers actually drove "fancy cars", then they'd cost a whole lot more (and no, I'm not including Blizzard and id in that one).  

1. Economist view Oct 3, 2002, 08:54 Xombie

Despite that Blue and Tycho/Gabe seem to have a bit of a rivalry, I'd like to also point to Penny-Arcade.com, for a viewpoint they just posted from an Economics student, who obviously understands the subject much better than I can  

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo