Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Anyone? Dec 7, 2002, 00:29 Xombie

Actually the main problem the Judge likely had with the kid was that he disobeyed her. Judges hate disobedience more than ANYTHING else in the world. Don't ask how I know this.  
Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tech Bits
7. Re: Uh Dec 7, 2002, 00:08 Xombie

If Blue wants to link to a story, that's fine, but if he's going to, he ought to at least read the story and let us know what it's about
Blue has always cut-and-pasted the news/browser headlines. This includes not putting in colons that should be in them when they don't show up in the paste.
You're being anal-retentive. Go get some fresh air.

42. Stargate: SG-1 Dec 2, 2002, 18:15 Xombie

By the way, does anyone know when they're going to come out with the Season 3 DVD boxed set?  

41. Re: Old picture.. Dec 2, 2002, 18:07 Xombie

He also looks like my friend Steve.  

28. Re: what games you playing? Dec 2, 2002, 14:58 Xombie

I'm actually working through NWN my second time right now  

News Comments > NWN Undrentide Add-on Official
6. Re: No subject Nov 27, 2002, 16:18 Xombie

I liked it too.  

13. Optical Illusions Nov 25, 2002, 12:24 Xombie

Goddamn you, Blue.
I'd like to note that I have a bit of a cold, and the final illusion literally cleared my sinuses. Christ.

3. Re: Apple's Nov 22, 2002, 12:15 Xombie

You clearly underestimate the retardedness of stoners.
You see, the thing about a pothead is that, they think everyone else (usually on TV) is stoned. And they'll also watch said people on TV. It's a very strange phenomena. My former roommate was a stoner, and he constantly (and annoyingly) tried to point out people on the TV who were "stoned". He's convinced that Conan O'Brien is stoned. He TAPED an interview with Harland Williams because he thinks that Williams was on pot.
This also explains the popularity of many crappy bands.

News Comments > Hitman 2 & Sikhs Follow-up
102. Re: Blah Nov 14, 2002, 23:46 Xombie

Why is it that some people blast Del for doing the same when it comes to his opinions of the game?
Because he's taking a stance on a very serious issue about a very specific part of the game. You can't form a very reliable opinion with general knowledge of a precise subject.
The problem is that he's be a jackass. No one cares if he has an opinion, it's that he's touting his opinion as fact, without doing enough research. Notice that everyone in the thread who has played the game first hand is disagreeing with him.
If he were being civil, then obviously no one would would have a problem with him.

News Comments > Grand Theft Alibi
19. No subject Nov 14, 2002, 19:56 Xombie

He's 19 years old, though. Which means that he does in fact have to be held responsible for his own actions, unless he pleads insanity. And it'd be pretty hard to link a video game with legal insanity.  

55. Re: Now you've done it I've learnt something Nov 10, 2002, 02:21 Xombie

Sikhism is the youngest of the great world faiths.
How young? Because depending on how young, it might be, by definition, a cult.

54. Re: This is Bullshit Nov 10, 2002, 02:18 Xombie

I am totally sick of this claimed Censorship nonsense. Do i think its petty for these guys to be upset about their being used in a game? Yes, do i think its *censorship* for them to ask not to be used? HELL NO.

Where do you guys and the umpteen other people that always whine about censorship get off? what gives YOU the right to someone elses material?
An ethnic or religious groups are public domain.

How bout you worry more about protecting other peoples right to their identities and information.
None of that is releveant. Information has nothing to do with the situation. Their identities are individual, and none were used in the game.

Freedom of Speech? yes, Freedom of expression Yes, but at the expense of personal right to privacy, or protecting personal representation.. no.
You're slipping "personal representation" with "privacy", while neither have anything to do with each other. The only "personal representation" that is protected by law, is that of a given PERSON.

The Sikh religion is allowed to be used in a game. That's why the Sikh never threatened to sue. Because they can't. It's perfectly legal to go so far as to even make a game entirely bashing Sikh. What they did was ask for Eidos to change it, even though there was no such thing putting them in a bad light.

53. How very odd Nov 10, 2002, 02:08 Xombie

I'm actually beginning to understand 3D Realms' "shove it up your ass" approach to this political correctness bullshit.  

News Comments > On The DOOM III Leak
73. Re: Re: No subject Nov 4, 2002, 12:38 Xombie

xombie wtf are you talking about, lol.
i didnt COMPARE system shock 2 to doom3,
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about people comparing the two games.

72. Re: Not again Nov 4, 2002, 12:36 Xombie

doom3 will not follow the path of doom1&2 it will be more like half-life or system shock2. in an interview with pcgamer some marketing dude said that doom 3 will make use of scripting to 'advance the plot'
1.) Read through that article again
2.) Take your right foot
3.) Insert it into your mouth.

71. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2002, 12:35 Xombie

I agree they shouldn't compare the games but I wouldn't compare the game makers "talents".
It doesn't matter. Some game makers are still more talented than others.

39. Re: Re: No subject Nov 4, 2002, 02:54 Xombie

I don't see how people can say that their enjoyment of System Shock will mean that they'll like Doom 3.
I'm sorry, but comparing id's gameplay talent to Looking Glass's is like comparing an altar boy to God. Games made by LGS and ISA are great because of how they draw a person into the game. id are actually taking extra steps to prevent full interactivity with the environment, increase tediousness, and ruin the suspension of disbelief for the player.
Taking control away from the player and using cheap methods to lengthen playtime aren't genius.

News Comments > Army Game Fallout
24. Re: Not all that suprising but Nov 1, 2002, 11:35 Xombie

It won't work. There's already a precedent set against lawsuits like this. The suit will be thrown out.  

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
105. Re: No taste Oct 30, 2002, 16:31 Xombie

Not to mention that is unlikely that everyone on the dev time is white and/or male.  

News Comments > Hitman 2 Backlash
102. Re: No taste Oct 30, 2002, 16:24 Xombie

Anyways Sikhism does not discriminate against caste,colour,creed or sex
Neither do I.

so if you guys want to play games that kill humanity as represented unverisally by the Sikh faith then go ahead
I won't. I don't like killing humanity. Which is why I play video games instead, and kill FICTIONAL VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS.

but at the end of the day if 1 Sikh gets killed becos of this game then believe me Edios will have a much more and extreme level of action against it then what it has at the mo
I'll answer that comment as soon as I'm done laughing at it's absurdity.

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo