Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Why No Unreal II Demo
81. No subject Jan 28, 2003, 19:04 Xombie

Worst. Brand Manager. Ever.  
Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce FX Articles
14. No subject Jan 27, 2003, 13:49 Xombie

I find it a little hard to be disappointed in ANY card that can run UT2003 at over 40 fps in 1600x1200x32 with 4xAA and 8x Anisotropy turned on.
I'll go with whichever one ends up cheaper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Super Bowl? Jan 27, 2003, 01:55 Xombie

-doublepost-
This comment was edited on Jan 27, 01:57.

28. Re: Super Bowl? Jan 27, 2003, 01:48 Xombie

I like the Raiders because of their players (Rice, Gannon, etc.), their team colors, and their fans. Raiders fans are rivaled only by the Browns fans in eccentricism (is that word?).
Not to mention that they have a history of being an agressive team.

23. Re: Super Bowl? Jan 26, 2003, 23:58 Xombie

I wonder about that, though, the displacement of ones "self" coupled with the emotion/thrill of the competition.
There are other aspects of it that create a personal association with the team/player(s) in place of actually being one of them. Sometimes it's that they're representing you, in the case of the team being that of your home town, and especially in cases like in college, where you are actually part of the "franchise" (and then there's the Buckeyes, where us central Ohio natives treat them as both ;). And you're always putting your own judgement on the line when you have a favorite team that you want to win. Them winning or not winning subconsciously reflects on your knowledge of the game.

Really, I think there doesn't necessarily need to be a personal liking of any team to enjoy a game like football. It's just fun to watch, at least for me. My mom doesn't usually like any sports, but with my Dad and I being complete Buckeye fanatics (even though he's the only one in our house that has gone to OSU), she's now the one yelling the loudest during the games. I think the ESPN commercial put it best with the different people yelling at the TV, "Without sports, there'd be no one to coach".

22. Re: Super Bowl? Jan 26, 2003, 23:49 Xombie

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is about watching grown men getting payed too much money to run around chasing a little ball and touch each other. Somehow, though a lot of guys consider that manly.
You mean "paid"?

News Comments > MS & Vivendi Rumor
14. Re: Serious Jeopardy for Sony Jan 22, 2003, 21:35 Xombie

If this is true it could spell serious long term disater for Sony. MS controlling Blizzard, Sierra, and Universal Interactive gives them control over numerous huge franchises.
That's true, but how much have most of those franchises really done past their original incarnations? Blizzard are really the only ones that have done much in recent history. Sierra destroyed one of the two biggest moneymakers they had, and Half Life has yet to do anything new (so far it's all been the original game, a few free mods and an unsuccessful add-on).
Sony doesn't have a coffin at the moment. The Xbox has yet to touch the Playstation 2 in any market (both hardware and software sales). Sony is likely worth more than Microsft is. They aren't just a computer/game company like microsoft, they're the largest electronic appliance company in the world. They're the Japanese Microsoft.

EQ2 is a garaunteed hit, EQ is almost immortal, Star Wars Galaxies is projected to be the most successful MMO of all time.

It will take more than a rock for them to topple that giant.

News Comments > Postal 2 Q&A
3. No subject Jan 13, 2003, 13:11 Xombie

A game for those of you out there who like to see people piss and vomit in an interactive environment.  

News Comments > PlanetSide Letter
8. Re: Georgeson=LOSE Jan 7, 2003, 12:31 Xombie

His attitude is that the gamers dont know what they want, so why not force them into a subscription-based gameplay, since Everquest has been so profitable
1.) Tribes 2 wasn't subscription-based, nor was it ever going to be.
2.) Planetside has always been planned as a subscription-based game, like all MMO's.

5. Re: Winner is: Year's dubious achievements Jan 1, 2003, 15:19 Xombie

Oh give him some slack. He's a journalist. It's their job to embelish a little  

1. No subject Jan 1, 2003, 13:54 Xombie

2003: The year of Deus Ex 2 (hopefully!)  

15. MAVAV NOT REAL Dec 31, 2002, 13:53 Xombie

Before you get into an uproar about it, remember that it's a hoax.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 13:55.

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Dec 31, 2002, 13:44 Xombie

This version also features decapitation and other forms of demise widely regarded as inappropriate for teens -- who discover this and immediately go out and buy the game anyway
In other news, it has also been discovered that Playboy has pictures regarded as inappropriate for teens -- who discover this and immediately go out and buy the magazine anyway.

News Comments > Warren Spector Q&A
8. Re: speaking of yerning Dec 27, 2002, 00:01 Xombie

how about some fallout 3?
Mebbe when Interplay sells the rights of it to some other publisher. Troika won't work for Interplay

News Comments > TRIBES 3 Tidbits?
20. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2002, 00:53 Xombie

Well, I on the other hand thought both Tribes games were awesome
Yeah. Exactly. And they fired the reason for that, last year.

News Comments > TRIBES 3 Tidbits?
3. No subject Dec 11, 2002, 23:05 Xombie

Apparently Sierra would like to strike the final nail into it's coffin with its own hand.  

News Comments > E3 Registration Begins
9. No subject Dec 11, 2002, 20:03 Xombie

I see E3 as more of a publisher's trade show. They own the majority of booth setups, and they're the ones that put on the glitz that attracts the public (and they very well know that it does).
A developer's trade show would do better as a conference. In fact, it does. There are two that come to mind. E3, for as long as I can remember, was something where the publishers showed off their crap to the press. And I'm talking about EGM doing a special on one of the first ones when I was in middle school.

However, I do agree that the public should not be let in. There's no reason for them to be there. There should be enough people with the amount of jobs that can qualify someone to get in.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 20:09.

News Comments > Playboy Game Unveiled
48. No subject Dec 11, 2002, 19:56 Xombie

Guys, this is a Tycoon game. The only point of making the Tycoon series is to sell as many copies as possible. They're not made for us hardcore gamers nor are they some sort of mecca of innovation in game design. We're not talking Deus Ex, here.
Tycoon games aren't for gamers, they're for those normal people who stare at you blank-faced when you mention your Geforce 4. They're designed to be fun for their target audience, which isn't us, because we are a minority.

News Comments > id Seeks Sound Designer
12. No subject Dec 11, 2002, 19:42 Xombie

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't id claim that they were designing a sound development kit that's part of the game, tailored to Reznor's needs?  

6. Eeeek!! Dec 10, 2002, 10:42 Xombie

This actually isn't so hard to believe.
My Communications Systems Management 101 professor, who works for OhiONE network, once found a lizard fried to a server motherboard.

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo