Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > 2002 Interactive Achievement Awards
8. Re: Wha? Feb 28, 2003, 16:08 Xombie

anyone else notice how EA and Rockstar cleaned up? Both are high-profile, large employee based companies...
It's not your imagination. The AIAS requires a fee to be included in the pool of nominees. The games of any company that can't or won't pay it get shafted. That is why Max Payne never won any of their awards, as it came out before Rockstar/Take-2 got so rich.

The only game awards I take heed of is the Developer's Choice awards.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 16:09.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Plans
10. Re: ugh... Feb 28, 2003, 08:47 Xombie

And btw, just for good measure, curse EA for not putting out
BT:3025.
Amen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. OotB Feb 25, 2003, 13:13 Xombie

Actually, the Married By America contestants likely will end up having good marriages. Prearranged marriages in the west have lower divorce rates.  

8. Groundhog Steaks Feb 21, 2003, 11:19 Xombie

But what if the grill sees it's shadow?

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 11:20.

News Comments > DX2: Invisible War Preview
8. No subject Feb 17, 2003, 04:36 Xombie

I'll definitely be buying a new computer for this one when it comes out.
God, I wish I had brought my copy of DX to college.

News Comments > PC GTA Vice City This Spring
13. Re: w00t Feb 14, 2003, 19:19 Xombie

Why is it when Morrowind gets another expansion pack, people call it "milking the game", but when GTA: VC gets ported to the PC, "it's all good"?
Because you can't milk a game with a market when you haven't released the game in that market yet.

News Comments > PC GTA Vice City This Spring
11. Re: w00t Feb 14, 2003, 19:18 Xombie

When did it become cool to post messages on the forum that don't contain any english for no reason?
About 1998. Where have you been?

News Comments > Warren Spector Q&A
16. Re: Deus Ex without killing Feb 11, 2003, 20:18 Xombie

I know that it's POSSIBLE to not kill Anna or Gunther yourself, but in the course of the game they still (have to) die, so in the end I count that as killing them anyways.
No, it is possible to finish the game without them getting killed.

15. Re: Deus Ex without killing Feb 11, 2003, 20:18 Xombie

It sucks, but he's probably due for a failure.
Developer failure is always due to egocentric arrogance or allowing the publisher to have too much control. Warren Spector knows he's good, but he's still humble about it, and he knows better than to let Eidos release his games unfinished. Not to mention that the head on the DX2 project is Harvey Smith.

10. Re: Warren Spector, Deus Ex 2 and Interface Feb 11, 2003, 17:26 Xombie

For me, replaying Deus Ex without any fatal takedowns was an awesome challenge (I made it too, with ofcourse the three "have to kill" characters excepted).
You can actually make it without killing those three. Someone on the PlanetDeusEx boards did it, and then someone from ISA was able to.

2. Re: This is the only... Feb 11, 2003, 12:23 Xombie

Take note Epic, it's not about pushing polygons but about innovative gameplay and storytelling. Warren understands that. You are clueless.
Well yeah, but Warren's a game designer. Epic are mostly an engine maker. 90% of UT2003 and Unreal 2 were made by third party developers (Digital Extremes and Legend).
Maybe you should be yelling at DE and Legend. But I certainly wouldn't expect them to achieve the level of Ion Storm, considering that this is Warren Spector's company we're talking about. The same Spector from Steve Jackson Games, Origin, and Looking Glass Studios. He is a very high standard.

News Comments > Nude Neocron
17. No subject Feb 11, 2003, 00:52 Xombie

This nudity patch was actually promised before Neocron even went into Beta 3, and only affects the strippers in the red light district. It's also not odd for a cyberpunk themed media to have naked strippers.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

News Comments > Bikini Karate Babes Demo
61. No subject Feb 7, 2003, 00:50 Xombie

Anyone who takes this game as anything more than a bad joke needs to politely remove themselves from the gene pool.
Your "poor taste" allele could do more damage to the human race than cancer.
It's a bargain-bin FMV fighting game featuring low-grade strippers in bathing suits. Defending this as "good game design" is an insult to actual good game design. It's like saying Jenna Jameson is Broadway-calibur actress.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Contracts
21. Re: Eh? Feb 7, 2003, 00:35 Xombie

The problem with SWG is Sony knows to make money all they have to do is release a stable game not a good game or a game with content.
How can that be such a big problem when the game is being developed by LucasArts, who also own the license?
I'm assuming that they were intelligent enough to get some control over release of the game.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Contracts
19. A long time ago, in a logic far far away Feb 7, 2003, 00:28 Xombie

-That definitely has to be the single most detailed "we're not going to be able to ship with this stuff" message I've ever seen. Every other MMORPG dev in history (that I've seen) just goes "our product isn't complete, buy it anyway, shut up and wait".

-There isn't much they can do if the features aren't going to be finished in time for intended release. I don't have a problem with them not including certain features due to the features being unfinished. Their only options are to:
A.) Postpone the game completely until the features are implemented fully, then release it on date X.
B.) Release the game without the features, and bring out a patch with the features by date X.
C.) Half-ass the features like lazy idiots in order to weasle you out of $50, royally fuck up the game, and end up fixing them by date X, if that date ever comes (due to the publisher cutting funds because of low sales).

Note that the features end up being done at the exact same time or later for any one of them. B seems to be the best situation for the gamer. You get the game earlier, and the unfinished features don't screw with the code.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 00:32.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Exploit & Patch Plans
39. Re: No subject Feb 6, 2003, 19:03 Xombie

Anon = troll  

News Comments > Unreal Engine Exploit & Patch Plans
22. Re: eh... Feb 6, 2003, 16:26 Xombie

Don't forget Deus Ex multiplayer (for the dozen or so people out there who use it).  

1. No subject Feb 3, 2003, 09:58 Xombie

Har har har!
I hope I'm not the only one who gets the joke.

News Comments > Unreal II Demo Still Possible
3. No subject Jan 29, 2003, 19:49 Xombie

ph33r t3h wh1n1ng.  

News Comments > Why No Unreal II Demo
82. Re: No Demo = No Buy Jan 28, 2003, 19:13 Xombie

The fact that you guys are on this forum obviously means you can read and thus see. So why don't you read a few previews and within a few weeks some reviews and watch some good new screenshots and gameplay movies?
Because I can do that for other games that HAVE demos and cost the same amount of money.

You can not disagree that this isn't enough for you to consider wether it's a good game or not
Actually, I can. I fail to see what logic you subscribe to which allows second-hand opinion and marketer-produced videos to be a worthy replacement for first-hand experience with the game.

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo