Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Jedi Academy Demo
48. Re: /puzzle Sep 6, 2003, 10:03 Xombie

Sad that so few people seem to be aware of Temple of Elemental Evil.
Which I find rather strange, considering that there has been extensive coverage of it. And Troika's other game in production (Vampire) made the cover of PCG last month.
It's like there's some PR curse on Troika.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. No subject Sep 6, 2003, 09:59 Xombie

I don't think the single player of this game has quite the hook of the Jedi Outcast MP. Though that may just be because we only got to play two levels, but I think the format that this is in isn't as good as the pure-cutscene cinematic format of JO. This makes you feel more like you're just being sent on missions rather than part of the story.
But the new features offset this. The new sabre combat is fantastic, and it's going to be great on MP.

32. Re: /puzzle Sep 6, 2003, 03:46 Xombie

Temple of Elemental Evil - Er...I have no idea what this is.
It's a single player 3d turn-based D&D rpg from the creators of Fallout. It's also following D&D rules almost to the letter.

28. Re: Mini-Review Sep 6, 2003, 03:11 Xombie

The new moves are okay but I think they may overcomplicate MP. Too many things to do kind of take away from the fun and simplicity of say Q3 MP.
Lightsabers are mostly used in Duel MP, though. Which has never been simple to be good at.

27. Re: Sucks Sep 6, 2003, 03:08 Xombie

Scottish Martial Arts:
I was just looking through the readme and apparently there are a whole lot more lightsaber moves. The thing is, I didn't pick up on them at all while playing which leads me to believe that the key combos are gonna be a pain in the ass to memorize.

Actually, if you hit the mission key during the game (default "M"), there's a section that explains all the moves, how to do them, the default key combos, and a little video of your character performing it.

Given the performance issues with lightsaber combat the games main selling point is essentially broken.
Huh? I didn't have any performance problems on my GeForce2 Ultra.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: SoBig Virus Sep 2, 2003, 12:42 Xombie

And by the way, what the hell is with Minnesota? I don't know if you've seen Bowling for Columbine, but they really produce some messed up folks
I don't know if you've looked into the accuracy of Bowling for Columbine, but it would appear that so does Michigan. Namely, the liar Michael Moore himself.
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Half-Life2 optimised for Radeon 9800 Aug 31, 2003, 19:53 Xombie

Considering that all we've been told is that it will "be optimized for Radeon" and bundled with the card, I'm going to have to assume that they literally mean that it will be OPTIMIZED for Radeon and a copy with come bundled with Radeons.
I don't see any reason to believe that they're doing anything more than putting in a regular copy with Radeons, and taking extra time to make the game work better on Radeons. Not really all that different from what Nvidia has been doing with dev companies for the past couple years.

37. Mars Aug 22, 2003, 14:58 Xombie

Mars actually won't be a whole lot closer than it usually is:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/news/index.html

News Comments > Ultima X: Odyssey Announced
33. Re: Hmmmm... Aug 22, 2003, 14:54 Xombie

Don't worry, they'll cancel it in beta and have another Sims expansion made.  

News Comments > More DOOM 3
22. Re: Gibs? Aug 14, 2003, 12:54 Xombie

Rag doll. That's all well and good, but I'm sick of shooters not gibbing when the enemy should be gibbed (Brute Force/Halo). Yea yea, they're console, but still. Even in the HL vid from the other day no gibs.
It's not that the developers can't do such a thing. It's that they usually won't. Ghoul2 has been available for quite some time, but you don't see developers jumping to use it because it's a little too realistic in violence.

News Comments > Jedi Academy Gold
22. Re: He means scooters as in... Aug 14, 2003, 00:39 Xombie

Pre Gold liar with the 1.0 version, DUDE you lie so bad! the leak was 0.6.6.something.
He's talking about the Pre-Gold edition that was given away at some LAN.

News Comments > Republic Gold
4. Re: who knoweth? Aug 8, 2003, 15:10 Xombie

Well it's good to see that you stay optimistic.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Anti-Aliasing Fixed
41. Re: This was never really a problem Aug 6, 2003, 15:58 Xombie

Still, it's a rather peculiar sequence of events. Valve was screaming how it was all somebody else's fault, and now, without either Microsoft or Nvidia actually doing anything about it, it suddenly works?
I don't remember Valve screaming...

27. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2003, 15:06 Xombie

So to be honest to everybody, who is really going to play with all the detail on, with fsaa engaged?
Radeon owners.

23. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2003, 14:28 Xombie

As if game dev companies were so organized and nefarious.
But you guys are nefarious! With your Dungeons & Dragons and Ultima 6 t-shirts. Proletariat, all of you!

15. No subject Aug 5, 2003, 11:19 Xombie

Could someone inform me what the benefit is of having more RAM memory in an MP3 player?
I can't figure out what it's used for.

14. Re: lol Aug 5, 2003, 11:18 Xombie

On a side note, does anyone reccommend getting an IPod?
I'm personally looking at the Nomad Zen NX lately (30gb, replacable cellphone-style battery, 14 hour battery life, USB 2.0), though my friend Tim has an oldschool iPod, and I'll say that you can't go wrong with it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2/ATI Bundle?
98. Re: The war with ATI/Nvidia #74 Aug 4, 2003, 13:13 Xombie

also i see people on this very forum talk about having to downgrade their catalyst drivers to play certain games and other problems...
Actually I had to downgrade my Detonators for a long time because they weren't working right with XP.

69. Re: The war with ATI/Nvidia Aug 3, 2003, 22:15 Xombie

If you want to know how I knew about reformatting is cause that is what my one friend had to do to get it to work (this is what he found out from other people who've had the same problems too). Yes after when he got it cleaned up it worked like a charm, but are you willing to go through that much hassle?
Actually yes, I'm very willing to go through that much hassle, if it means that I get the graphical quality that ATI has over Nvidia.

67. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2003, 22:10 Xombie

There have been no such statements anywhere on the Ati website.
Actually, the tagline for the 9600 on the website is "Welcome to the world of DirectX 9".

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo