Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
111. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2012, 08:18 Xombie

Did you guys just kinda gloss over the last page where RailWizard outed himself as a white supremacist?

"When it comes down to it, black people have not contributed anything to society...it was white people that put it to work and created the nations you now take for granted."

I don't think you're going to get anywhere with this guy.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
51. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 17:27 Xombie

Graham wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 17:01:
Jeklor wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 16:39:
Thank you for giving us all the perfect example of a typical apologist.

Thank you for giving us all a perfect example of a Blues News Commenterô

Face it, Jek, you'd rather bitch about games than play them.

No one on Blues News is able to face this.

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
14. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 11, 2011, 20:32 Xombie

Sempai wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 18:46:
Alamar wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:45:
I find this very disappointing...

-Alamar

I'm disappointed also..that some third rate cable channel is somehow handling an awards show for the folks in our industry who create entertainment that's on par with film.

To be honest, awards shows for film and television aren't really any more legitimate than the VGA's.

News Comments > Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue
6. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 23, 2011, 23:14 Xombie

AdamK47 wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 22:41:
It really doesn't take much time or effort to "track down" these DX11 performance issues. I have a 3960X at 4.5GHz with three GTX 580s in SLI and can see the problem right away.

So which line of code was it?

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
7. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 7, 2011, 23:12 Xombie

Rule of Acquisition #112  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 15:30 Xombie

How in the world can people say these are bad graphics?

http://i.minus.com/iSN3Jv2Guo6rg.gif

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Art & Details
35. Re: MechWarrior Online Art & Details Nov 1, 2011, 22:41 Xombie

Spaced wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 22:23:
But backpeddling to the dumbed down level of many current 'power-upping' 'leveling' kiddie games is not the direction it should be going.

Where did this whole "it's not the type of game I prefer therefore it's for children and so it's objectively bad" meme come from?

In any instance, a fully multiplayer version of Battletech was concieved of 10 years ago, with Multiplayer Battletech 3025 from EA. It was a fantastic game, but got axed in beta when EA decided to drop their entire MMO division.

There's nothing about the Battletech universe that makes single player "core". It's originally (and currently) a board/miniature game, was a card game, and every video game version of the universe since 1999 has had multiplayer (MW 3&4, MechCommander 2, MPBT 3025, just to name the PC versions).

Of course there were more single player-centric MW games prior to these: no one had broadband yet.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Art & Details
33. Re: MechWarrior Online Art & Details Nov 1, 2011, 22:16 Xombie

Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 19:47:
You're absolutely right. But let's be honest; which type of game did you think the majority of us Computer Game Players were hoping for and (based on the awesome trailer released a while back) expecting?

At large, or just the doomssayers here at the Blues News forums?

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
17. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Nov 1, 2011, 00:22 Xombie

Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 23:04:
How am I pretending anything? Is it too much to ask for a real reboot of the MW games? If they had no intent of ever doing it than why come off like they were in the first place? And how the hell do you know what's viable or not? Stupid jackss, take your fucking trolling back to Kotaku where you belong. Fuck it, on the ignore list you go. Long overdue for you, you sad little waste of space.

Sim games simply aren't as popular as they were in the early 90's, even in the PC gaming community. This game isn't even a deviation from the way that the MechWarrior franchise was headed. It in fact sounds like a cross between the last two BT developed for PC's.

A "reboot" doesn't mean that something is going to be nostalgic, it just means that it's going to be a different timeline. No one is going to remake a game made 15 years ago with updated graphics. They're either going to come up with something original, or if they copy, they'll copy something that's selling well right now.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2011, 00:27.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Oct 31, 2011, 21:45 Xombie

Paketep wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 21:25:
I don't know how MW will be received by the younger generations, but for those of us who played the BG in the 80's and where promised a MW2-MW4 style reboot by Piranha, this MMO is a fucking travesty.

I don't know what generation you're talking about, those of us who remember playing the beta of Multiplayer BattleTech 3025 in 2001 have been waiting for something just like this.

Everyone I know that loved BT is really angry about this and is not going to play the game. They're shooting themselves in the foot with this.

As someone who has been into BT since the mid-90's, and played MW4 multiplayer extensively, I can say that you and your circle of friends will be pretty alone in this sentiment.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2011, 21:55.

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
73. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 15:08 Xombie

Overon wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:02:
The point is that Blizzard gave a guy a big stage to voice his gay slurs. Slurs that I hardly think they woudld embrace publicly.

They explicitly avoided giving any stage time to the slurs, having censored them out. And just as well, anyone who even would have known that the guy was at Blizzcon (or deigns to even pay attention to Blizzcon at all, let alone have spent the hundreds of dollars to attend) has heard of and seen the video before, when it made the rounds years ago.

67. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:53 Xombie

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 12:12:

Again, it's his choice of words. No one is calling him a homophobe, they're saying he chose his words poorly by using "homosexual" as a synonym for "bad."

I can't tell if you're blindly defending WoW, blindly defending Cannibal Corpse or blindly defending that using "homosexual" to mean "shitty," but all three more or less suck.

I'm saying that blind outrage is stupid when people aren't even willing to put in the effort to see if there was anything to even be outraged about.

You, for instance, thought he said it at Blizzcon. GLADD thought that Blizzard themselves said it. Still others think that he was literally threatening people with death. When in reality, he wasn't even trying to be homophobic, he was acting out a caricature of a WoW fan.

It doesn't show an attitude of trying to help gay people, it shows an attitude of looking for a fight to pick. That's not productive.

26. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 12:00 Xombie

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:44:
It.
Doesn't.
Matter.

It's not what he meant to say or what he meant to imply. GLAAD doesn't give a shit about the Alliance. What matters is the context in which he used the words he used. Joking or not he still chose those words for that meaning and that's what GLAAD is taking offense to.

And what I'm saying is that in the context (which means how, not what) that was used, Fisher is as much of a homophobe as he is a murderer.

GLADD shouldn't have bothered with this, and shouldn't have brought Blizzard into it since Blizzard has nothing to do with the slurs, since they removed them from the clip they showed. The only place the slurs existed is in the original speech on YouTube, so even there the issue was with him and the interviewer, which itself is too obscure to warrant any concern.

GLADD is a great organization, but they're not above criticism for manufactured outrage.

20. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 11:21 Xombie

he's using "homosexual" as a synonym for "pathetic."

You're still not getting it. He is not being serious about insulting them at all. Not just not "literally a homosexual who has sex with men". He was joking about the very concept of having any animosity at all. He was being hyperbolic about using "gay" in a figurative, insulting sense.

I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain this: you can use figurative words inside hyperbole. In the context of the way he was speaking, he was pretending to call them figuratively gay in the same way that he was pretending to want to kill them.

17. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 11:02 Xombie

You realize it's more offensive because he doesn't think they're gay, right? Or do you really misunderstand the whole fundamental concept?

Also, Cannibal Corpse are hacks.

I think you misunderstood the whole fundamental concept. It's hyperbole. His speech is intended to sound completely overblown and overly offensive and ridiculous. You're free to not like the theatrics, but that doesn't make them any more serious in context.

6. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 10:33 Xombie

Yes, and they did not complain about Cannibal Corpse, they complained about what Fisher said at the event. He did not sing a Cannibal Corpse song. He did not discuss necrophilia or rape. But he called people a lot of homophobic slurs.

That didn't happen either. They just played a censored video of him, from 4 or 5 years ago. In the uncensored video he uses homophobic slurs in the same way that he uses every other worse thing on earth in his songs: not seriously.

George Fisher doesn't actually believe that Alliance players are "gay" any more than he wants to actually "Shatter Their Bones" or have them "Skewered from Ear to Eye" (those are just two song titles off of one of the latest albums).

3. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 10:09 Xombie

Of everything that Cannibal Corpse sings about, it's the "anti-gay slurs" from an interview about a video game that people think steps over the line? Not the necrophilia, rape, and mass murder?

Cannibal Corpse has around 150 studio tracks. Every single one of them is about killing people.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 10:16.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews Jun 15, 2011, 08:36 Xombie

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 04:11:
Well that's your opinion. Mine is - from everything I've seen in read in honest previews and just opinions around the net in general is most people are entirely underwhelmed with what they've seen so far.

Posters on Blues News are "underwhelmed" by literally every game.

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms
64. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms May 29, 2011, 19:53 Xombie

Creston wrote on May 28, 2011, 16:07:
That said, it's ridiculous that people were personally attacking the guy. It's a fucking GAME.

If people on Blues News ever stopped whining like babies about video games, there wouldn't be anyone left here.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Interview
11. Re: World of Warcraft Interview Oct 16, 2010, 15:26 Xombie

I have 2 accounts and each has a newly rolled Lock. Each Lock has a BoA Staff. Last weekend, I spent the better part of a day farming the mats for a +30SP for each BoA staff. I was psyched once I accomplished this after many hours. Tuesday, the patch kicks off and when I went to play my Locks, both enchants had vanished. After submitting a ticket to Blizzard, they said that I was SoL via ingame mail response. I lost many other enchants as well and Blizzard says they can't be replaced. This is a huge insult to me and the rest of their clients. In other words, we at Blizzard don't give a flying F*** about the time you wasted getting your items. F*** You Very Much

You have two level 80's and you had to "farm all day" for a level 60 enchant? +30SP is only around 50g on most servers.

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo