Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xombie X

Real Name Xombie X   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xombie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 20:36
Total Comments 988 (Graduate)
User ID 10527

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2?
48. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:17 Xombie

Wrong. Lucasarts has total control over every Star Wars licensed software project from start to finish. Bioware worked within established boundaries set without their input or approval, and their work was approved and edited every step of the way.
You're still wrong. You stated that Lucasarts was responsible for all content in KotOR, and that simply isn't true. All creative content except sound design was done by the employees of Bioware.
There were only three supervisors from Lucasarts on the project (Michael Gallo, Julia Torres, and Justin Lambros). Lucasarts does no more extreme of a content control process than Wizards of the Coast, who had to approve every single thing Bioware put into NWN.

Bioware made KotOR. You were wrong. Deal with it.

Bioware, in this case, were Lucasarts' underlings. And like all of Lucas' other underlings, they don't deserve credit or blame for the content.
That's absolutely ridiculous. They deserve credit for what they did. And they were given credit for it at this year's Game Developer's Choice awards.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:07 Xombie

I've worked on Star Wars licensed games under Lucasarts; what are you basing your comments on?
Read the credits for the damn game. Every person who worked on the artwork, programming, game design, or story writing works at Bioware.
The ONLY CREATIVE CONTENT in the game that Lucasarts was involved in was the sound/voice work.

33. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 12:36 Xombie

Lucasarts is responsible for almost all of the content in KOTOR. That's what in the hell I'm talking about.
Wrong. KotOR was developed in-house at Bioware. In fact, they just won three awards for the game at GDC for it.
The only thing that Lucasarts was responsible for was the SOUND DESIGN. All art, programming, writing, and game design was done by Bioware.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 12:39.

31. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 10:49 Xombie

Black Isle and Lucasarts are the ones that have come up with the best content for Bioware's engines.
What in the hell are you talking about? Lucasarts has never developed a game with any of Bioware's engines.

26. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 09:07 Xombie

They are. I can't tell you how I know or when it will be announced.
Then you shall be tortured until you do!
Get... the fluffy pillow!

22. No subject Mar 27, 2004, 04:25 Xombie

Bioware should make a Shadowrun game  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. No subject Mar 26, 2004, 22:29 Xombie

I personally think it was pretty stupid to sue over the pledge. It's a rather minor thing that the majority of us atheists would not care about doing. We realize that this country has a heavily ingrained protestant majority, especially in schools, and like everything in our horrible public school system, there are consequences to being part of any minority. I think there are far more pressing issues with public schooling than two words in a pledge.

However, the debate itself shows much more about those who support the phrase than those who support the suit. To make any excuse for the two words to be kept is to be as much of an extremist as the man suing about them. They are as trivial and pointless as all protestant state religion put in during the mid 20th century.

The phrase "under God" in the pledge does more harm than good, but they do not do any harm or good whatsoever. The outcome of this lawsuit will have absolutely no effect on our society whatsoever, no matter how the case is decided.
So quit bitching about it.

News Comments > Star Wars KOTOR 2
7. Re: No subject Mar 20, 2004, 01:10 Xombie

No, thats trokia, tardboy.
Troika is made up of people from the Fallout 1 dev team, "tardboy".

16. Re: Stern Feb 26, 2004, 11:40 Xombie

I'm saying reasonable people will draw a line, slippery slope arguments are bunk.
What makes you think that people, on the whole, are reasonable?

51. No subject Feb 4, 2004, 19:26 Xombie

Mr. Burns.
Awww yeah.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 in Summer at Soonest
128. No subject Feb 3, 2004, 17:50 Xombie

[random swear words]  

News Comments > Dogpile on GTA
60. Re: I'm suing Rockstar too! Jan 27, 2004, 03:22 Xombie

Nonicknameforme-
Re-read my post carefully.
I'll restate it for you:

Source: "The Culture of Fear", by Jonathan Glassner
-Professor of Sociology at USC
-former chairman of the sociological departments at Syracuse University and University of Connecticut

Here's a link to where to the book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0465014909/qid=1075191186//ref=pd_ka_1/103-4182049-5931048?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

You can probably also check it out at any decent library. It's also actually fairly easy to read, for those of you who aren't into sociology. Though most of it is statistical information.

News Comments > Dogpile on GTA
56. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2004, 21:01 Xombie

You come up with some facts that violent games don't cause kids to freak out and then you might have some ground to bitch on.

WARNING: REAL STATISTICS FOLLOW

MORONS PLEASE TURN AWAY BEFORE BEING ANGERED BY REAL FACTS WHICH DISAGREE WITH YOUR IGNORANCE

• In eight out of ten counties in the US, entire years go by without a single juvenile homicide

• In the mid-1990's, homicide by children under thirteen occurred less often than in 1965.

• A report in the late 90's by the Justice Department stated: "today's serious and violent juvenile offenders are not significantly younger than those of 10 or 15 years ago

• Source: "The Culture of Fear", by Jonathan Glassner
    -Professor of Sociology at USC
    -former chairman of the sociological departments at Syracuse University and University of Connecticut

These are actually just a few little tidbits from the entire chapters he has written on how the media inflates and fakes statistics and situations in order to glamorize and falsely portray youth crime and its causes. The fact is: the statistics for youth crime and homicide simply does not in any way match the amount of violent media that youth consume in the modern era.

"Particularly rare are kid criminals whose behaviors, given the rest of their lives, are very surprising" --Glassner

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 21:04.

58. Re: Crocodile Hunter Jan 6, 2004, 02:45 Xombie

What Irwin Jnr's getting is a valuable skill that, since he's acquiring it at such an early age, will be instinct rather than thought. And it's one that in his family situation could well save his life.
    Irwin himself grew up around Crocodiles and other animals and he's raised his daughter around them. Though he's rather eccentric, he knows his shit when it comes to reptiles. He was actually holding the boy back a bit while standing a little sideways and reaching out to the croc with a piece of meat (big media doesn't like to show this footage, since it actually shows the truth rather than sensationalism). A domesticated crocodile won't try to get past a full grown man to get to a human when there's meat right in front of him. Contrary to what Matt Lauer (who, by the way, doesn't even have a college degree - he failed out of Ohio University's Scripps School of Journalism) would like to think crocodiles can't leap four feet into the air anyway.

As someone who raises turtles as a hobby, I'm rather sick and tired of peoples' ignorance of reptiles. I'm sick of hearing people freak out about domesticated large reptiles, and I'm especially enraged every time I hear an idiot raising a reptile and not taking care of it, as if they're some sort of immortal beings that can be ignored and still remain in health. The world needs more people like Irwin, who devote their lives to educating people on animals, and decreasing the power of Fox's "World's Most Dangerous Animal Car Chases".

News Comments > GTA4: Sin City?
    55. Re: wtf Jan 3, 2004, 12:29 Xombie

heheh, you've given yourself away for another kid weened on 3D who has never played the original grand theft autos.
    Sorry to break it to you, but GTA was made in only 98. Pretending that you're more "old school" than someone for having played a game released in the same year as Half Life kinda makes you look silly.

Each of the originals had a city that was made up of distinct neighborhoods with distinct styling and character.
    That's nice. However it really has nothing to do with the CURRENT conversation, which is about GTA3 and VC.

47. Re: wtf Jan 3, 2004, 04:15 Xombie

just because they had a chinatown and little italy in gta3 doesn't mean it was new york.
    Of course. But the fact that Liberty City has been inspired by New York since GTA, does.

The point is that rockstar should pick up on GTA3 in introducing cities that are more diverse. Cities that are actually interesting to travel through.
    They do. It's called Midnight Club.
    GTA isn't a racing game.

37. Re: wtf Jan 3, 2004, 00:35 Xombie

Seattle, New York, Boston, Detroit, for christ sake Chicago would be great.
    -They already did New York. It was called GTA3.
    -Have you ever BEEN to Boston or Detroit? They're not exactly video-game-calibur excitement.

36. Re: Frank Miller's Sin City Jan 3, 2004, 00:33 Xombie

Sure you did. I imagine he often works with smartasses who hang out on gaming news forums - that's perfectly believable.
    Of course. A COMIC BOOK artist working with smartass dork who is on the internet too much? That would be absurd. We all know that COMIC BOOK ARTISTS only hang out with supermodels and famous actors.

News Comments > Federal GTA Lawsuit
    90. Re: Moog Operator Jan 2, 2004, 10:47 Xombie

.... Take an anthropology class and stop being so ignorant about non-European cultures. The ONLY technological advantage the Europeans had was gunpowder and, in most cases, metalsmithing.
    As an anthropologist, I can tell you that the Native Americans were more primative than anyone would LIKE to admit. I personally find them to be one of the most boring cultures on earth. The written history has little to do with what we know of the native americans (studying ancient written history is something done more by Classical Archaeologists, who do not study Native Americans).
    The technological advantages of the europeans came in the form of warfare and survival (yes, there are in fact parts of Europe that get COLD in winter, just like America), not to mention medicine. Even the Native Americans had guns, which were stolen off enemies or traded to them.
    Look at history. It takes more than the posession of gunpowder to successfully commit genocide.

News Comments > Mythic versus MS & Mythica
    21. No subject Dec 22, 2003, 17:27 Xombie

I'd say this was silly, if it were anyone but Microsoft.  

988 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo