Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 566 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Endless Legend Early Access
7. Re: Endless Legend Early Access Apr 25, 2014, 16:07 Fletch

Looks like my kinda game, but I'll wait for it to be finished.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 Fletch

Uh-oh, Thief comment. Where are Eidos shill Jerykk and his sockpuppet netn... oh, there they are.

Essentially free? Does it make the game less of a railified, click-to-win, hand-holding borefest? Then again, netnerd (ahem) says it looks "damn good". And it does. All those cool twinkling items and blue doors lend to a unique visual style. And it's so easy to gawk and just dwell on how good the game looks as you are led through the maps when you don't have to worry about falling off anything or waste precious sightseeing brain energy on problem-solving. Less gameplay, more gorgeous. An astute developer understands those two aspects are incompatible in a multi-platform game, as tiny, consolized brains would simply shut down trying to deal with both at the same time. So, design the game for console players, but market to, and appease, PC gamers on the strength of the graphics. Why are PC gamers still falling for this shit?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 19, 2014, 01:42 Fletch

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits.  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2014, 00:24 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 23:05:
Than either relocate it somewhere far away or put it down. Better than being stuck in a pen for life.

It doesn't seem to be stuck in a pen to me. Escaping his pen may be the perfect form of enrichment for him.

News Comments > Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs
4. Re: Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs Apr 13, 2014, 20:23 Fletch

"UNBENDED is going to be what itís supposed to be: a classic Action RPG with everything the genre needs."
Subjective.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2014, 18:31 Fletch

Flipping them the bird is also officially free speech here in Oregon.  

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
13. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 18:28 Fletch

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:13:
Not to mention that hardware has semi plateaued, and you don't have to necessarily swap your video card or proc every 6 months to run the latest and greatest at an acceptable level.

Well, when most PC games are developed for consoles as well...
But, you're right. Back in the day, it wasn't long before a new PC game came out that drove me to upgrade something, or just build a new PC. Although I recently built a new system after 4-5 years on the old one, it uses dual, relatively ancient 5870s that STILL run everything I throw at it without any problems. I mean, I'm getting 1100-1300fps on Quake (DarkPlaces mod) now with everything maxxed. I'm guessing Quake3 will run pretty sweet as well. Don't even get me started about Minecraft. Gooooorgeous! I guess if you don't upgrade your games, you don't really need to upgrade your hardware.

News Comments > Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?)
22. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 23:35 Fletch

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 22:50:
Interesting point and probably a valid one.

You have a sockpuppet fan, Jerykk!

21. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 23:29 Fletch

Jerykk wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 12:46:
Love seeing people who have never even played the game continue to talk trash about it. While far from perfect, Thief was a good stealth game, especially if you play it as it was meant to be played (Master difficulty, no alerts, no kills/knockouts, collect all the loot). Playing that way forces you to have a better understanding of the game's mechanics and AI.

Ahhh... and here is Jerykk, BN's own Antonio Salieri, to wax poetic about all that is meh about Thi4f, as well as, again, remind everyone who still thinks the game is shit that they are simply playing it wrong (or not playing it at all). Thi4f was so "meant to be played" as he described that they added in the ability do so only after much community and media criticism. Then again, maybe Spock see's some logic in his statement that is just beyond me.

Hoss, it is your unwavering, condescending, corporate shill-like support for this game in spite of it's obvious crapitude that completely erases, for me, any relevancy for anything thing you have to say about any PC game ever again.

EDIT: Slightly less douchey.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2014, 23:48.

18. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 22:45 Fletch

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:40:
... Game itself is ok but the missed opportunities are glaring and frustrating, could have been so much better with a few changes...

Sort of my issue with most console ports and multi-platform releases... the PC version could have been so much more. Time and again, traditional PC gameplay aspects, or, the proven gameplay of previous versions of a beloved game, are either simplified to death or outright abandoned. I was hoping for Thief: TDP/WBG (with better graphics), and we got Thief Simulator 2014.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 22:05 Fletch

JFC, Windows 7 has a few years left in it. I've skipped roughly every other consumer OS MS has released (got 95, skipped 98, got 98SE, skipped 98ME, got XP, skipped Vista, currently running 7-64, skipping 8). 7 does everything I want, it's stable and fast. I mean, I can't imagine needing to open Word or Firefox any faster. Hell, I'd probably still be happy with XP. MS seems to flub every other version somehow, and then give customers what they wanted in the next.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Hungary: Archeologists Discover Tomb of Attila the Hun. Mar 28, 2014, 03:26 Fletch

Any cool loot?  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
34. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 03:48 Fletch

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:14:
Fuck off dude and take your sarcastic bullshit with you. I think pretty much everyone here has had about enough you and your bullshit.

I took it as a joke. I mean... do you really think Axis has a legitimate concern that Stephen is a Blizzard employee? I registered here twelve and a half years ago and I've only posted 493 comments, so I'm not really up on all the forum machinations, dramas, and cliques. Also, I don't understand why some of you are acting so indignant and giving him so much shit, especially when the comment was so inane. If some of you have a problem with him, put him on Ignore. Problem solved. In the meantime, you're just filling the comments sections with off-topic chaff.

Pick your battles. All you are doing by ragging on him is stirring the shit. Since it's much easier to Ignore him than engage him, it makes me wonder if some of you look forward to his comments just so you can bitch.

@Darks

The truly ironic thing, Darks, is that I just took you off ignore so I could reply to your comment (saw it as a quote when reading someone else's comment). I don't remember exactly why I ignored you, but, yeah, had you on ignore.

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2014, 10:20 Fletch

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 08:58:
Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 02:24:
The Walken video was excellent, but they left out the best one.

Hey! It's the one fatboy slim song I like!
Not a huge fan, but I dug this one as well.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
32. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 09:00 Fletch

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:05:
We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

We get it - you like it. You can just post "I like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
31. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 08:58 Fletch

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:06:
Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that likes the game posts positive things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that are also enjoying the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that dislikes the game posts negative things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that may or may not be disappointed with the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Personally, I want people who have negative things to say about a game to post comments. I want to know why they don't like it, as it may help me decide if I would like it. Unless Blue imposed a rule recently that comments are for fanboys only, I don't see a problem.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2014, 02:24 Fletch

The Walken video was excellent, but they left out the best one.  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support
5. Re: New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support Mar 18, 2014, 22:42 Fletch

Mantling enabled? Awesome! Does that mean I can jump now, too?  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
43. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 22:40 Fletch

GameAnger wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 17:54:
For 2 weeks out of 3 im stuck in the middle of the Australian desert with nothing but a phone connection. Yet I can still game with my mates in the big city.

Good for you, but online single-player is still a deal-breaker for some people.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
3. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:36 Fletch

If you are still playing D3, then you were probably ok with the existence of the AH (?). This just isn't enough to get me interested in the game. At all.  

566 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo