Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 566 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jul 18, 2014, 10:39 Fletch

Weapon wheel? Mortal Kombat finishing moves? Action button quicktime BS? Losing interest fast.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: After Reset Kickstarter Jul 12, 2014, 17:55 Fletch

Looks really... yellow.
Seriously, I hope it gets finished and is everything Richard says it will be. IANAGD, but I just don't see how they can possibly do it for so little money. As Cutter said, that's a huge reduction in their funding goal. Maybe being Greenlighted (greenlit?) on Steam is a much bigger deal funds-wise than I imagine. I disagree that it's a scam, but the release schedule does seem a bit over-optimistic for so small a funding goal. Still, hope it gets made finished. It would pretty much be an auto-buy for me, and being released on GoG would be bonus.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 02:47 Fletch

Darks wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 13:51:
Ill bet everyone of you right now that you are wrong. Some of you guys are dumping all over this game because its EA and because the prior DA 2 failed badly.

Some of us are well past "fool me twice" with EA.

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
25. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 22:35 Fletch

Quinn wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 20:07:
I'm a PC gamer. The one that defines himself as being pro the following: story; gameplay; immersion; graphics.

I'm a PC-only gamer (ok, I have a Gameboy too). My list would be gameplay, immersion, gameplay, gameplay. And I love shmups and platformers. Having a blast with Shovel Knight right now, but I also fondly remember Abuse, Jazz Jackrabbit, Abe's Oddysee, and Tyrian 2000 (free on GoG, btw). I'm not happy that so many AAA FPS PC games are arcadey console ports, but I also choose not to buy those games because they are arcadey ports. So much other good stuff out there.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2014, 18:48 Fletch

Must be embarrassing to get caught cheating in such a shitty game.

@Scheherazade

An online game getting a reputation for being rampant with cheaters can negatively affect participation/sales, and I think being a cheater (an actual cause of the game sucking and potentially decreasing participation/sales) is more egregious and makes the cheater more directly culpable than someone just saying "this games sucks".

Edit: Uuuh... IOW, what harlock said.

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
74. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 22, 2014, 00:11 Fletch

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 23:12:
His complaint is that others, by buying products they enjoy, are not shaping the market to his desires. If that isn't entitlement, then what is?

So if you voted for Romney*, and complain about the direction Obama is taking the country, against your desires, you are just entitled. If lots of people buy a game I think is shit, like Thi4f and the new Wolfenstein, and I complain and voice my opinions of those games, I'm just entitled. Anytime I voice an opinion on something that I think should be better, or speak with my wallet and refuse to purchase for whatever reason ( consolization, DRM, forced social BS, online-only...), I'm acting entitled.

I think you should look up "entitlement". Wanting something better and having a strong opinion about something is not the same as feeling you deserve it. I'm just so fucking tired of the whole "entitled PC gamer" bullshit from clueless fanboys and console sheeple.

*I didn't. I mean... hell no.

71. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 23:02 Fletch

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 21:27:
This thread needed cliff's notes because no one seems to be responding to anything in particular, anymore, just throwing out angry posts based on what look kind of like misinterpretations.

Oh yeah? Well, FUCK YOU!!

70. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 22:58 Fletch

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 13:17:
The entitlement is strong with this thread.

The righteousness is strong with this commenter.

69. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 22:50 Fletch

The "service" they want to include with the game is the fucking problem. It's DRM. Quit forcing it on customers. It's why I don't give Ubisoft games even a first look.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
17. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 22:05 Fletch

The "gameplay" seems to consist largely of running from one cutscene to the next.

@Mashiki Amiketo - Graphics don't matter, unless you are trying to sell a pedestrian console game to PC gamers who, for some reason, think they do.

News Comments > OpenXcom Version 1.0
3. Re: OpenXcom Version 1.0 Jun 15, 2014, 19:51 Fletch

One of the few PC games I never get tired of, and that's not just waxing nostalgic. It's great, timeless game, and OpenXcom makes it even better.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 13, 2014, 14:09 Fletch

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 13:44:
Here we go (hope the link works).

Oh dear, I'm not very good at this interweb thing. I was just using my browser as well, but I wanted something separate and a little more dedicated, easier to organize stuff, I guess. Found it at your link. Thanks!

Edit: Oh shit. All the music I've ever bought on Amazon is right THERE now! Headbang

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 13, 2014, 13:39 Fletch

Ok, fine... I'll renew my Prime when it's up in December already! Need a player app, though.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 23:43 Fletch

Redmask wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 02:16:
I agree and I hope the admins do something about him at some point. Seeing the same incessant negativity and often disturbing hypocritical noise day in and day out is wearing thin. I've noticed the same lack of knowledge and blatant trolling as well.

Why would "the admins" have to do something? You have a tool here that you can use to never see another of his posts. Or do you (and others) just like to bitch?

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
12. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 20:13 Fletch

ElectricTurtle wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 18:53:
It's too bad that Nanny Notch wants to try to force Scandinavian ethics down everybody's throat. I expect to see a lot of servers close and communities to dissolve because of this, so good job.

Too bad, so sad. I bet the vast, vast majority of people buying and playing Minecraft aren't playing on those servers, or are part of those communities, so Notch isn't exactly shooting himself in the foot. If players/community members want to donate to keep a server running, nothing says they can't. If it dies, it either wasn't important enough to enough people willing to donate a few bucks, or the owner was in it for the money and shut it down. And I can't imagine what sort of no-life, conservatard, authoritarian, gun-nutter (see what I did there, Reagle?) needs so badly to be "ranked" over everybody that they would pay the kind of money Sepharo mentioned on a fricking Minecraft server. Oh, wait... yes, I can.

Shit didn't happen in Netquake.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 30, 2014, 09:28 Fletch

Darks, you're like a paranoid, ignorant, authoritarian sheep. I think I remember why I had you on ignore now, but it was a mistake. You're hilarious.

BTW, six years in the military. I guess the brainwashing didn't take.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2014, 08:47 Fletch

nin wrote on May 22, 2014, 10:01:
Oh man, now you got me thinking about my old syquest drive, and it's whopping 1.5 gig! I actually ran windows off one (slowly!) for a week or so, while I was waiting on a replacement hard drive.

I still have a stack of old Syquest disks. My first drive stopped working, so I replaced it with another drive and that went tits-up as well, leaving me with a bunch of disks full of who knows what. I was a pretty lazy labeler ("movies", "music", etc).

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
51. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 19:06 Fletch

Mr. Tact wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:31:
Speaking of which here it is.

"It does what it does well" -TB

So does an old Walkman cassette player.
If meaningless, inane proclamations don't turn you off TB... he also liked Thief.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
20. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 17:12 Fletch

jacobvandy wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:12:
Ugh, already sick of this 5-platform support crap. New generation of consoles comes out, and we're still being held back by 10-year-old hardware. What's the deal?

Exactly what it's been like to be a PC gamer the last 10 years or so. PCs still being held back even by this "new generation of consoles".

Ubisoft - Strike one.
Uplay - Strike two.
Multi-platform development heavily weighted to consoles - Strike three.

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
34. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 23:13 Fletch

Bungie has been dead to me since selling out on Halo. They've never "care(d) a lot about the PC". Who's he trying to bullshit?  

566 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo