Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 505 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Gate Revealed
4. Re: Dungeon Gate Revealed May 19, 2012, 01:19 Fletch

Another consoley third-person shooter...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots
42. Re: Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots May 18, 2012, 16:48 Fletch

MadBoris wrote on May 17, 2012, 22:26:
My PC is ready and waiting.

No kidding. For about the last 5-6 years or so.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Video Diary
5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Video Diary May 18, 2012, 15:37 Fletch

I've pretty much lost intereest in this game now. All I want is X-Com updated for today's computer. Removing things they find "tedious", multi-platform release, limited squad size, adding features that give the game a more action-oriented feel to appeal more to the ADD console kiddies...

All I want is an updated X-Com. I don't care how little it costs you to do it, I'll pay full price for the thing. I don't want you REIMAGINING the game like some other developers have tried. I don't trust that the changes and "improvements" you will make won't change the game into something decidedly unX-Com. I don't care if you were fans of the original. Those jackholes who reimagined it as a FPS also claimed to be fans of the original. I don't trust you to not f*ck up the interface in consideration of consoles.

Aww, f*ck it. I'll just fire up the original again. Maybe someone will update Incubation someday.

News Comments > DARK Announced
20. Re: DARK Announced May 12, 2012, 10:14 Fletch

Third-person?

Pass.

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
82. Re: Diablo III Interview May 8, 2012, 01:17 Fletch

"Very early on in the process we had some people who argued that we should not make the game isometric, that it would be better technology, more modern, if we made a third or first-person game," said Wilson.

You gotta be shitting me.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Naval War: Arctic Circle on Christ Centered Gamer. Apr 23, 2012, 05:11 Fletch

"Moral Warnings", "Morality Score"

Omfg...

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
14. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 17:13 Fletch

TRollinThundr wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 16:17:
HL2 and that series in general (and I know I'm going to get jumped on for this) is one of the most overrated titles ever imo. Portal sucked, Counterstrike sucks, L4D sucks. Much like Blizzard, Valve is right up there in regards to most overrated developers in the industry.

...It's a digital distro system, just like D2D, or Origin, or Impulse etc. That's all it is.

Yeah, ok.

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
7. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 16:08 Fletch

It's like a hippy compound with shitloads of money.  

News Comments > Abrash on Valve, Snow Crash, and Wearable Computers
10. Re: Abrash on Valve, Snow Crash, and Wearable Computers Apr 14, 2012, 17:42 Fletch

Sooo... when is Half-Life 3 coming out? Personally, I don't care how cool it is to work there. Valve, in my world, is the company who has yet to finish Half-Life. How about hiring some peeps who want to work on that?  

News Comments > PROTOTYPE 2 The Power of Revenge Trailer
6. Re: PROTOTYPE 2 The Power of Revenge Trailer Apr 14, 2012, 16:23 Fletch

ugh  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
51. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 12:29 Fletch

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:04:
If people didn't want to play it then it wouldn't have been pirated like crazy.

You can say people didn't want to pay for it, but undoubtedly if piracy was not an option then sales would have been better. While we can debate all day what portion of pirates would otherwise buy a game (low), I don't think anyone would argue none would.
If a game is pirated a million times I think it's safe to say that's 100,000 lost sales. Bulletstorm was pirated more than a million times.

Where do you get THOSE numbers? I don't think it's even close to 10%. And I think the vast majority of those who did pirate it didn't play it for long, and were thankful they didn't waste $40. Companies who rely on day one sales for games they know are crap are just as dishonest as pirates. They want as many people buying their non-refundable game before word gets out how fucking bad it is. It was a shitty console port, period.

Make good PC games, sell lots of PC games. Make shitty, consolized PC games, sell few PC games.

News Comments > Defiance Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Defiance Gameplay Trailer Apr 7, 2012, 07:37 Fletch

^ Ditto.  

News Comments > PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details
38. Re: PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details Apr 4, 2012, 01:25 Fletch

"...and word that the game's DRM will require a one time online activation"

Don't care. Done with these assholes long ago.

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
18. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 4, 2012, 01:17 Fletch

bigspender wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 22:02:
please employ some artists this time round - No.1 reason i'm not playing minecraft is that it feels like i'm getting poked in the eyes with lego blocks, cause the pixels are that freakin' huge.
Some people just don't get it. Amazing to me that people bitch about the "graphics" in frickin' Minecraft.

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
43. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 15:42 Fletch

Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 14:10:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:46:
I never played this back in the day but I hope this will be an HD update to the older game, that would be fun to play it and see what all the fuss was about.

@Tumbler, here is your chance to check it out for almost no cost....
Not a bad deal for 6 classic games

Great link! Thanks! I already own them all, but... I don't know... 5 bucks for 6 great games! Couldn't resist.

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
45. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 13:37 Fletch

LOL! Yet ANOTHER PC game that is a definitive NO BUY simply because of the ridiculous and completely unnecessary requirement of online-only. Fuck you (again), EA! Actually, all EA games are a no-buy nowadays. When the FUCK did Sim City become a fucking multiplayer game!?! To answer ASeven.. apparently there ISN'T a game publishers won't fucking ruin.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
33. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 13:12 Fletch

Ubisoft just gets funnier and funnier with every release. Why do you even bother, Ubisoft? Every "PC game" you release is a bigger joke than the previous one. Well, it makes ME laugh, anyway.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
8. Re: Dragon Age Entering Mar 19, 2012, 21:08 Fletch

"...the team is moving past DA2 and on to "the next phase of Dragon Age’s future"

Rock'em Sock'em Dragons?
Dragon Age 3 for the Kindle Fire?
Dragon Age 3: The Trading Card Game?
Legos Dragon Age 3?
Dragon Age 3: Dragoncraft?
Dragon Age 3: My Little Dragon?
Dragon Age 3: Arena?
Dragon Age 3: Fraggin' Dragons?

I can hardly wait.

EDIT: few more

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2012, 21:49.

News Comments > PC Binary Domain Next Month
6. Re: PC Binary Domain Next Month Mar 19, 2012, 20:57 Fletch

Joss wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 20:32:
I avoid third-person shooters like the plague. I've skipped over some popular titles for this singular reason. It's first-person or bust godamnit!

Same here. Looks like a cool story/world, but console shooters are simply shitty PC shooters. I've got a gaming mouse and 104 keys. Third-person, over-the-shoulder, sticky cover-system... ugh. Not for me, anyway.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
117. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:48 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:19:
Online DRM = no sale.
+1

505 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo