Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 566 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2013, 21:09 Fletch

Still working to turn gamers into even bigger wallets to pick, eh Bliffski? I avoid FTP like the plague. I'll happily buy the game if it's good, but not piecemeal. Only a fool could rationalize that only fools won't buy it (or not wait for the heavily discounted complete package deal during the Dec. Steam Sale).  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards
2. Re: BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards Feb 11, 2013, 20:50 Fletch

^Was going to make a similar comment. Bioware was awesome. EA is the suck.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
1. Re: Tomb Raider Trailer Feb 11, 2013, 20:47 Fletch

I have 104+ keys, so... meh. Anyhoo, this LC doesn't give me that carrot-cuffing urge like the original did.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
29. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 15:20 Fletch

Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:14:
Excuse me, but thereís a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching thatís been occurring here. Donít confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining Iíve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

JFC, you have become quite the fanboy troll. Tired of looking at your stupid comments. If you don't like complaints, head over to the official forums like Verno suggested and join in the console-kiddie circle-jerk there. Thank FSM I won't be seeing your inane blather any more, as you are now just the third numbnut I've added to my PLONK! list in eleven and a half years here. Bye.

News Comments > Journey is AIAS Game of the Year
1. Re: Journey is AIAS Game of the Year Feb 8, 2013, 10:27 Fletch

Never heard of it.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
25. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 20:23 Fletch

Bought my 3dfx for glQuake, but iirc, Tomb Raider was awesome on it as well. Not interested in this consoley POS, though.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber Jan 31, 2013, 20:37 Fletch

Never heard of this. Looks fun.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: GameFront - Dead Space 3&#8242;s Microtransactions Set A Dangerous Precedent Jan 31, 2013, 20:35 Fletch

"Iím willing to give Visceral Games the benefit of the doubt and believe that Dead Space 3's crafting resource drop rates arenít tooled to encourage players to keep their credit card handy."

I'm not.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
33. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 12:51 Fletch

Stimpack wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 10:43:
Money rules all. It's pathetic, but there you have it.

That's why I'm not giving them any of mine. Actually, the consoley first Dead Space did it for me. Console games and PC games are two different animals, afaic. If they can't be bothered to develop a PC interface and control scheme (I care much less about graphics options, although I abhor the over-the-shoulder perspective), then I won't be bothered to give their game a first look.

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
56. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 23:09 Fletch

Fuck EA. The hubris of these assholes... as if they are developing some lifesaving drug instead of a fucking video game. Abusing bugs during beta IS beta testing. MP SimCity is just stupid anyway. Fuck EA.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: You Only Live x 1 Jan 1, 2013, 17:14 Fletch

This was on shirt.woot.com back in September.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/you-only-live-x-1

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin Space Game
7. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 10:05 Fletch

Punching some asshole for getting in his face and accusing him of partaking in a fake moon landing doesn't make him "cantankerous".
Anyhoo, sounds interesting. I'll get it just cuz o' Buzz.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2012, 02:54 Fletch

briktal wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 00:27:
D3 isn't "balanced around the AH", it just plain has too many bad items and too few good items. It's just plain bad itemization. If the game were balanced around the AH, you'd get good items, but they'd be for other classes, encouraging you to sell them and buy the good items for your class other people found. Instead you just find crap.

Blizzard takes 15% of AH sales, right? Then why would they increase drops of good items for other classes, knowing the player would just list said useless items in the AH? The AH would be deluged with those now more commonly-dropped, other-class good items and drive prices down -> Blizzard's makes less money. They limit drops of good items so they are rare and more expensive in the AH -> Blizzard makes more money.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

News Comments > New Space Hulk Game Next Year
15. Re: New Space Hulk Game Next Year Dec 11, 2012, 23:24 Fletch

I'll wait for some screenshots and gameplay footage, but if it's turn-based and similar to Incubation, I'm in. I've been waiting for a good Space Hulk remake, and turn-based just makes it even more enticing to me.  

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
72. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 16:06 Fletch

Prez wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 21:34:
When you reply to a quote, make sure the "Remember Me" button is checked. The ignore script works on cookies I think.

That worked. Thanks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2012, 16:02 Fletch

Doom changed my life, too. I was half-way through my junior year at Portland State when I decided to take a term or two off from school so I could work more and afford the ridiculous long distance charges I was racking up playing dwango. That was 18ish years ago. Still playing Doom, though.  

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
47. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 20:53 Fletch

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 15:27:
No worries! Your comments actually get read!

On that note, why am I seeing RT posts? Is "ignore" broke/disabled?

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
34. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 30, 2012, 11:23 Fletch

ViRGE wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 10:53:
Is Notch supposed to just run racks and racks of servers for free until the end of time?

From what I've seen and heard of the game so far, one will probably be enough.

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
16. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 30, 2012, 00:58 Fletch

ViRGE wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 20:37:
Fletch wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 20:08:
Subscription? Kiss my ass, Notch.

The multiverse concept as planned requires a persistent server backend. What were you expecting?

I dunno... blocks in space, with laser pickaxes and space creepers, I guess.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Drox Operative Nov 30, 2012, 00:51 Fletch

Been playing the demo. Interface is a little frustrating. Definitely a learning curve, and I'm not picking it up very quickly. Trading and slots and cargo bays and quests (etc) are confusing, but it looks like it could be a blast once you learn the ins and outs of how to play. I'm kinda thick, though, so it's been somewhat of a slog for me so far.  

566 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo