Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 582 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
18. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 12:40 Fletch

I'm available. Just give me 6 months probationary period to turn the company around. If it doesn't work out, I can live comfortably for the rest of my off the 6 months of salary you paid me.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
16. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 02:41 Fletch

Scud wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 23:28:
Not really the same thing, if something is only on the PC you can bet it's probably not because someone PAID the developer to ignore other platforms. I do agree however that the exclusives game is one game I have no interest in playing.

I don't give a shit WHY a game is only developed for the PC. Call it PC exclusive, or a limited release due to limited resources/budget/etc... whatever. Semantics.

What I care about is a game that is developed for the PC and NOT consoles. A game that isn't compromised in gameplay, interface, or controls because of console and gamepad considerations. If someone wants to miss out on a possibly great PC game because a DIFFERENT game they're also developing is a console exclusive... their loss. A simple "forest for the trees" hissy fit, imo. I'll support the developer and the platform by giving them my money for good PC games, and not giving them my money for crappy console ports.

PS - I can't think of a single console-exclusive release that was worth a plate of cold piss once it was eventually released on the PC.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2013, 02:49.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Humble Origin Bundle now includes... Aug 22, 2013, 23:09 Fletch

I wouldn't install Origin if they paid ME.  

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
6. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 22, 2013, 22:59 Fletch

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 21:42:
I refuse the support the "exclusive" model bullshit. Too bad, I was looking forward to playing A Machine for Pigs. No way I'm giving my money to that dev.

Huh? Isn't "A Machine For Pigs" a PC exclusive? Oh, that's right... you don't want to support "the exclusive model bullshit". Very honorable of you to support that sentiment even when it's for your chosen platform.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Aug 22, 2013, 05:21 Fletch

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:24:
The funny thing is that XCOM is ubiquitous with the idea of chest-high walls for cover and other examples of what you mentioned, the only difference is that it's now a third-person viewpoint.

Hehe. True. (but it's far from "the only difference")

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 04:30 Fletch

Illumin wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 02:34:
Ill know after 30 days...

And $60.

News Comments > Endless Legend Announced
3. Re: Endless Legend Announced Aug 22, 2013, 04:12 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:51:
Wow, that's an intesting look. How the hell do they do that? Almost looks like some miniatures world. Colour me interested so far.
Does look cool. Google "tilt-shift".

38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 14:43 Fletch

Atomic wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
I can't fathom playing an Elder Scrolls game I cannot mod, let alone one I have to pay a subscription to play. Pass.
+1

37. Re: The right move! Aug 21, 2013, 14:41 Fletch

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:47:
However, the players that actually keep the game afloat are getting screwed.

Ridiculous. If you are hardcore into the game, why shouldn't you pay more? If you are willing to pay "to keep the game afloat", and DO pay, you are screwing yourself. UNLESS, of course, you actually ENJOY the game and feel what you pay is worth it to keep playing. Casuals obviously don't feel it's worth it, and probably wouldn't play at all if it was subscription-based. If you do, it's on YOU. The content you are paying for is "restricted" precisely because people like YOU are willing to pay for it. Those "freeloaders" you refer to might call you a SUCKER.

News Comments > Terminator Games Planned
10. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 21, 2013, 14:02 Fletch

"... specifying that they have the exclusive console game rights..."
PC gamers, move along. Nothing to see here.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
18. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:12 Fletch

1badmf wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:55:
if you pause it at :30 and then right arrow through the static, there's clearly a symbol of some kind. don't remember it from the game though. anybody have any idea what it means?

Hmmm... right at the end of "enemy agents could be..." Maybe one of the agents found a gold ring with an ancient Elvish inscription.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Announced
7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Announced Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 Fletch

I am a huge fan of the originals (UFO and TFTD), so, in light of the industry's abysmal history when "re-imagining" beloved pc games, I was down on the remake when it first came out. After watching some LP's on YT, I relented, bought it, and had a blast. I'll get this.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:59 Fletch

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 08:49:
I say, good fellow, is this excrement fresh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY7ZX6ngOSs

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
12. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:46 Fletch

Sigh... still waiting for a good mech game with a single-player campaign. This looks like Shogo for consoles. While I dug Shogo, it never felt like you were in a large, lumbering Mech like in the MechWarrior games. It felt like a suit. No sense of scale when you were in the mech. This looks the same to me, and hardly qualifies as a "mech" game. And the running-on-walls parkour shit doesn't do a thing for me, and decreases the appeal of multi-player in a tactical sense. May as well be playing Tribes.

I just want an updated SP MechWarrior. Screw it. Just bought a new TM HOTAS. Maybe I'll just install MW4.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 08:29 Fletch

OMFG, they covered every cliche you've ever heard in a preview video before... "the likes of which no one's seen before", "better player interaction", "choices that matter", "new level of immersion", "take role-playing games to the next level", "freedom for the player"...

ugh

Lessee... demons invading the land because the ancient barrier that kept them out has been "torn asunder", and you, an "Inquisitor" with special powers, are the only one who can track down the villain, restore the barrier, and save the world.

At least the story is original...

Sorry, Bioware, but DA2 was a sell-out for the console money, and, immho, you will forever carry the taint. Not interested.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2013, 10:03.- speeling

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Aug 21, 2013, 08:05 Fletch

The same boring, third-person, over-the-shoulder, cover-system console-shooter game mechanic by developers making the only game they know how for such a limited platform. Dipshits will buy it, yet again, ignore the incessant deja-vu, and beg for more. But hey, this one has a "tactical" element. It's different.

Ok.

News Comments > Thief in February
24. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 15:28 Fletch

John wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:53:
They didn't remove it completely.. It will just be limited so that you can only jump when there's something to jump to so you don't fall off of a building.

They replaced it with an "action" button when the jump cue appears.

IOW, they removed jump.

Funny... I've never had a problem with falling off buildings in any of the other FPSs I've played. I mean, I've fallen off buildings and died before, but successful negotiation of perilous places was part of the gameplay, and made the game more enjoyable. In many FPS games, crouching or sneaking as you approach a ledge prevents you from falling. The only reasons I can think of to remove jumping is to limit console player frustration with a checkpoint save system by addressing the limited functionality/precision of a gamepad, or to artificially cover for some pretty shitty/lazy level design.

Fucking taffers.

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 14:50 Fletch

QTE-fest, and the gamepad control is a bad omen for us bitter PC gamers looking for a good PC FPS with little hand-holding. Still, I'm curious how the parkour shit works. Do you simply approach something to jump over or climb on, and the game does all the work? Or is there an "action" button of some kind? Also, this dude gets bit several times. Just how do zombies become zombies?  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 10, 2013, 15:37 Fletch

I guess "modernise" = "consolize".

“We won’t be able to make everybody happy,” says Daniel. “That’s just reality. If we make this guy happy, then this guy is going to be pissed off, and vice versa."

You'd make everybody happy who played the first two games. It's the gameplay, stupid. Quit trying to bullshit everyone and admit what we already know. Concessions to gameplay were made for the lowest common denominator... consoles. Thief was DEFINED by it's gameplay. Fucking with it, and then referencing some fabricated conflict in interviews to justify fucking with it, is nothing but PR spin. Absolutely amazing to claim some of the changes were made in the name of "immersion", because we all know nothing immerses a player more than bullet-time, pathways on rails, QTEs, forced third-person, jump prompts, and one-button combos (swoop).

Yet another great PC game franchise bites the dust.

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
10. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 16:28 Fletch

Why would I want to play a game made entirely of vowels?  

582 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo