Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 505 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle
2. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Nov 29, 2012, 20:32 Fletch

First day, and over 250k sold so far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
1. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 29, 2012, 20:08 Fletch

Subscription? Kiss my ass, Notch.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
154. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 Fletch

Prez wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 19:47:

There isn't a bigger fan of XCOM on the planet then myself...

I disagree.

News Comments > Get a Free Origin Game?
31. Re: Get a Free Origin Game? Oct 13, 2012, 19:28 Fletch

Having to sign up for Origin means the game isn't free.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
151. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 13, 2012, 17:52 Fletch

What a shit game. This isn't X-Com in the least. Just another dumbed-down money-grab created by console kiddies who have NO CLUE what made X-Com great. I could tell early on, when the developers started talking about how they would "improve" certain aspects of the game, that they were actually removing/changing exactly what made it a great game. Evenything that made X-Com X-Com is either entirely missing from this pile of shit, or is so simplified/automated it takes strategy completely out of the game. Where's my (functional) Geoscape? My multiple bases? My ability to outfit my teams as I see fit? Random maps? Ability to transfer items between team members? Interact with ground? Crouching? And what is with all these fucking cutscenes and QT events? A narrative? X-Com don't need a fucking NARRATIVE! PC gamers want to make it THEIR game, played how boldly or carefully they choose to play it, not follow some narrative-on-rails! Aliens invade, earthlings fight back. THAT'S all the fucking narrative a PC gamer needs to play X-Com! And, TIME UNITS? Where are my fucking time units?!?! The developers actually thought that time units were too much for the ADD-addled console crowd to deal with, SO THEY SIMPLY REMOVED THEM! How motherfucking stupid they must believe console kiddies are to remove something so fucking SIMPLE and straightforward as time units!

STILL waiting for someone to make X-Com, and not some "reimagined" dreck onto which they have simply slapped an X-Com title. This game blows. IT IS NOT X-COM! Fans of X-Com don't want the game "reimagined". We want X-Com modernized for today's COMPUTERS, not lobotomized for today's consoles! And as long as games are designed for multiple platforms, PC gamers will continue to want for good PC games.

Fuck you, Firaxis! FUCK YOU!

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2012, 17:34 Fletch

ABVH wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:48:
According to some of you 'DLC Whiners' ;

[snipped idiotic blathering]

PLONK

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
13. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 12:33 Fletch

It looked like a shit game anyway, but the 3rd-person just makes it worse. Design concessions for consoles have ruined PC gaming. Gotta have that fucking cover system, I guess.  

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
11. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 10, 2012, 22:54 Fletch

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 22:36:
Dungeon Siege 4... well it can't be any worse than Dungeon Siege 3 was... right? Right?

*Tempt Fate*

You'd think. But developers nowadays always seem to find ways to underdo themselves.

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
2. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 15:45 Fletch

Steam gets consolized. Guess all we'll get from Valve from now on is crappy console ports.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not
15. Re: Quoteworthy - EA Hates Single-Player Games, Or Not Sep 5, 2012, 22:30 Fletch

Well, I hate EA games, so... wash.  

News Comments > More on Valve's Hardware Plans
34. Re: More on Valve's Hardware Plans Sep 5, 2012, 00:42 Fletch

How about working on a kb/mouse controller for consoles so PC gamers can have more PC games available on Steam that aren't shitty console ports? I won't buy any PC game designed around a gamepad.  

News Comments > More on New Black Isle
28. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 22:15 Fletch

"Highly regarded... IPs" are constantly being fuxored up by devs with a new vision for today's gamers. Calling it "Black Isle" without any of the original members... I ain't falling for that nostalgia BS any more. Brevik was right. The people behind a game matter.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
132. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 23:12 Fletch

Huh? If you claim a "93-95 per cent piracy rate", what makes you think those pirates want to play your crappy game now that it's F2P? All you are doing is milking more money from those few PC customers who, for some fucking reason I can't fathom, still buy/play Ubisoft games.

Make good PC games, sell more PC games. Drop the persistent connection bullshit, sell a lot more PC games.

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
33. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 22:56 Fletch

"For our first release, Planescape: Torment re-imagined as a FPS. Of course, Xbox and PS3 are the lead platforms, but we guarantee the PC version will be prettier to look at."

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
14. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 22:16 Fletch

Denthor wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 21:37:
It was clearly built from the ground up to take advantage of it which in return shat on their own gamers. The game lost what it was that made diablo in the first place - an Item hunt. Instead it's just a gold grind or an AH simulator.

+1

Brevik was spot on, and he probably wanted to say more. That the devs are all butt-hurt over his mild comments is telling. They didn't listen to the fans of D1 and D2, and they sure as hell aren't going to listen to the one guy who would have made the game Diablo fans wanted in the first place. So, a big "fuck you" to Jay Wilson for treating fans of the franchise as little more than open wallets. D3 sucks ass, and you made it that way. FFS Jay, did you even play D1 and D2?

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
55. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 18, 2012, 13:28 Fletch

Lol! No interest whatsoever.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 17:35 Fletch

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 15:09:

Again, I don't like Romney any better. But to call Obama anything other than a failure is stretching it. The man can't even get a budget passed, and the 17 or so budgets congress drafted are more than likely at the bottom of Harry Reid's wastebasket.

It's a two way street, Obama and his supporters as much as they preached they would work with the Republicans has done the opposite.

Are you daft? It was just explained to you by two different people. You are absolutely CLUELESS. You can't work with Repugs who have no intention of working with you on anything, and who's primary purpose is to filibuster everything (you can filibuster without a majority, so that's been explained to you now), and then claim Obama didn't do anything come election time. They've even said as much many times. Even when Obama gives in and gives them everything they want (and he often does), they change their minds and block it with filibuster anyway. You've swallowed that ridiculous, neocon cult narrative whole, and now you're here regurgitating bullet points with absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are a tool.

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
33. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 16:06 Fletch

Darks wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 10:59:
Can we say, milk it. The only reason they are doing a stand alone is so they can sell it. So in the end, everyone will end up just playing the mod instead of spending money on the game again!

Oh, puh-lease! You had to buy Arma II to play it anyway. Now, you won't. If you already own Arma II, you won't have to buy the stand-alone. If you already owned Arma II before DayZ came out, then you have nothing to bitch about. And there are a shitload of PC gamers who never bought, or don't have any desire to buy, Arma II. I'm one of them, and I'm looking forward to the stand-alone.

WTF is wrong with you people? Bitch about lack of PC FPS's and then you have to find something to cry about when one is announced. If you don't want to buy it, don't. Heaven forbid they actually make any money trying to appease you idiots.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
44. Re: And... Jul 16, 2012, 19:32 Fletch

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 13:52:
Blizzard has no excuse for D3 being online only? Are you a Baboon who learned how to type? Here's one reason.. Server side control of drops, which alleviates all types of hacking, duping, and online auction house protection.. Sad you don't get to play D3 offline, but being a moron to condemn it... Sorry, blithering idiot alarm has sounded.

Hey fanboy, take that shit back to YouTube. But, before you go, please explain to the rest of us idiots why we would need ANY of the "benefits" you mentioned to play a single player game on our own fucking computers.

You see, it's been talked about ad nausea here. I'm sure everybody else understood he was talking about either single player or the way previous Diablos had both B-net characters and off-line characters. Maybe you're just a little slow on the uptake? Let's see how many members here you impress enough to support your ridiculous attempt at a flame. How embarrassing for you...

Buuuuuh-BYE!

PLONK!

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
18. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 18:34 Fletch

When's the bake sale?  

505 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo