Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 574 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
13. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 11:14 Fletch

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:24:
off topic but just came across a fox news bit that is pretty amazing:
this game will surely create a bunch of mass murderers in the USA...

FOX continues it's tradition of employing the three dumbest people currently staring into a TV camera on FOX and Friends. Hasselbeck is an even bigger dipshit than Gretchen Carlson, and that's saying a lot. Steve Doocy and the brown-haired guy who isn't Steve Doocy are still there because it's difficult finding replacements who are even dumber than they are who can still read a teleprompter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2013, 21:12 Fletch

Power supply? Random crashes, reboots, slowdowns, etc can all be caused by a failing power supply. PS testers are a cheap and quick way to at least eliminate it as a possibility. Stops codes can possibly lead you to the faulty hardware, but that hardware may be wonking because of the PS. And +1 for Memtest. Great little utility.

I was recently having intermittent slowdowns and lock-ups (not bluescreens), and was having a hell of a time figuring out what piece of hardware was going tits up. Uninstalling Bitdefender, of all things, fixed the problem (which sucks, cuz I really like Bitdefender). Occasional crashes can be a bitch to troubleshoot. You can always just throw parts at it, I guess.

Thanks, Capella and Creston Mashiki*, for the links. I dig useful little utilities like these.

*This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2013, 22:56.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2013, 13:09 Fletch

"If you back this you are banned from this site…"
Don't want the incredible legacy of the first film tainted?

News Comments > KarBOOM Demos
1. Re: KarBOOM Demos Aug 29, 2013, 12:25 Fletch

Looks boring as hell.  

News Comments > id Hiring a Design Director
19. Re: id Hiring a Design Director Aug 24, 2013, 08:29 Fletch

MyRealName wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 07:58:
BREAKING! Game site groupie do-nothings take sarcastic pot-shots at popular target. News at 10.
BREAKING! Humorless eleven-year member labels newer members and members with fewer posts as "groupies" in hilarious, ironic attempt at condescension.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2013, 00:33 Fletch

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 23:48:
A lot of the anti-Affleck tweets make fun of his Boston accent. This makes no sense to me, as Bale was British, but was fine as an American in the role. Affleck has done lots of non-Bostonian parts, so this isn't really an issue.
Here's one...
"Affleck gonna be like "It's the Jokah! Or the Riddlah! Rahbin! Call Commissionah Gahden!"
LOL

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2013, 00:28 Fletch

"the venn diagram of "good movies ben affleck has been in" and "movies ben affleck also directed" is a single circle."
My sentiments, exactly. I used to hate Ben Affleck movies until I saw "Gone Baby Gone". He's directed some damn good movies. Still, he shouldn't play Batman any more than he should play MLK, or Caesar, or Don Quixote, or Daredevil.

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
5. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 24, 2013, 00:16 Fletch

Eyesight's not the greatest any more, but I read that as "Wow FAP Projects".  

11. Re: id Hiring a Design Director Aug 24, 2013, 00:13 Fletch

Do you have skills producing high-quality work under tight time schedules, as well as experience working with a team to flesh out a coherent, well-structured story? Well, you won't need those here.  

10. Re: id Hiring a Design Director Aug 23, 2013, 23:57 Fletch

They need a RememberTheGameplayThatBoughtTheFerraris Director. I nominate Romero (pre-"former id partner" version).  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 20:05 Fletch

Oh, FFS.  

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
28. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 13:05 Fletch

MajorD wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:05:
Indies are starting to become sell outs too!

Are indies supposed to stay small and "indie" for you? If they are "discovered" and become more successful, they are a sellout?

As a PC gamer, I'm still pissed about the whole Bungie/Microsoft thing, but that's because Halo was ruined as a PC game by the move. Indies signing exclusivity deals only irks me if it ruins or eliminates a promising PC version of a game, and even then... not really. It's not like they are taking food off my table. Lots of indies out there with cool games who don't want a lot of my money to play them.

I still like Green Day, too.

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
18. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 12:40 Fletch

I'm available. Just give me 6 months probationary period to turn the company around. If it doesn't work out, I can live comfortably for the rest of my off the 6 months of salary you paid me.  

16. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 02:41 Fletch

Scud wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 23:28:
Not really the same thing, if something is only on the PC you can bet it's probably not because someone PAID the developer to ignore other platforms. I do agree however that the exclusives game is one game I have no interest in playing.

I don't give a shit WHY a game is only developed for the PC. Call it PC exclusive, or a limited release due to limited resources/budget/etc... whatever. Semantics.

What I care about is a game that is developed for the PC and NOT consoles. A game that isn't compromised in gameplay, interface, or controls because of console and gamepad considerations. If someone wants to miss out on a possibly great PC game because a DIFFERENT game they're also developing is a console exclusive... their loss. A simple "forest for the trees" hissy fit, imo. I'll support the developer and the platform by giving them my money for good PC games, and not giving them my money for crappy console ports.

PS - I can't think of a single console-exclusive release that was worth a plate of cold piss once it was eventually released on the PC.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2013, 02:49.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Humble Origin Bundle now includes... Aug 22, 2013, 23:09 Fletch

I wouldn't install Origin if they paid ME.  

6. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 22, 2013, 22:59 Fletch

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 21:42:
I refuse the support the "exclusive" model bullshit. Too bad, I was looking forward to playing A Machine for Pigs. No way I'm giving my money to that dev.

Huh? Isn't "A Machine For Pigs" a PC exclusive? Oh, that's right... you don't want to support "the exclusive model bullshit". Very honorable of you to support that sentiment even when it's for your chosen platform.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Aug 22, 2013, 05:21 Fletch

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:24:
The funny thing is that XCOM is ubiquitous with the idea of chest-high walls for cover and other examples of what you mentioned, the only difference is that it's now a third-person viewpoint.

Hehe. True. (but it's far from "the only difference")

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
60. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 04:30 Fletch

Illumin wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 02:34:
Ill know after 30 days...

And $60.

News Comments > Endless Legend Announced
3. Re: Endless Legend Announced Aug 22, 2013, 04:12 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:51:
Wow, that's an intesting look. How the hell do they do that? Almost looks like some miniatures world. Colour me interested so far.
Does look cool. Google "tilt-shift".

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 14:43 Fletch

Atomic wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
I can't fathom playing an Elder Scrolls game I cannot mod, let alone one I have to pay a subscription to play. Pass.
+1

574 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo