Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 574 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 20, 2014, 20:36 Fletch

Henry Dorsett wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 15:33:
Well, we are dealing with an Ars article, Cutter. And I thought the point of video games was entertainment and/or artistic expression. Well, looks like I've been doing it wrong.
Or maybe console "gamers" are just easily-entertained.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
28. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 18, 2014, 22:45 Fletch

Jerykk wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 19:17:
I seriously don't understand the hate this game receives. I assume much of it stems from reactionary criticism that people take at face value without bothering to do any research themselves. The exact same thing happened with DX:HR which ended up being a great game.

Oh ffs, the ol' "if you don't agree with me, it must be because you don't know as much about it as I do". If you can't understand the hate this game is receiving, maybe it's because you are a reactionary fanboy, and haven't bothered trying to understand the criticism. See what I did there?

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
14. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 18, 2014, 19:06 Fletch

Minimum spec also requires the game itself, which means my system will never be able to run it.

News Comments > Rambo the Video Game Trailer
2. Re: Rambo the Video Game Trailer Jan 17, 2014, 17:51 Fletch

This looks absolutely terrible. Has hold-my-hand console game written all over it. I mean, seriously? This is a real game? Even more alarming... is this a real "upcoming movie"?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 17, 2014, 01:24 Fletch

Axis wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:35:
Last thing the US needs are more useless unions.
I was going to say basically what Cutter did. If you are blue-collar and anti-union, you are absolutely clueless about what unions do and how they built the middle class. But hey, if Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, and the blonde bimbo of the day and her two dipshit bookends on F&F say unions are bad, they must be bad, right?

It's difficult to comprehend why so many Americans vote against their own interests so often, and why they keep voting for complete imbeciles like Bachmann, Gohmert, and Cruz. It's like their bullshit filter is turned off completely, and they'll believe anything. Maybe they are just born stupid and gullible and there simply aren't enough lions around to remove them from the gene pool naturally.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Firefighters must decline vacations for saving a dog thanks to state ethics laws. Jan 16, 2014, 16:33 Fletch

I do my job every day. Hey Ellen, where's my vacation?

News Comments > Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed
1. Re: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed Jan 4, 2014, 13:18 Fletch

"Bring us back to the great days of MMOs."
When was that, exactly?

News Comments > On Sale (2)
15. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 03:50 Fletch

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 03:45:
Huh, I can't get to Steam, either through the web or through the Steam app.
I've been trying for 2-3 hours. It's down for some reason.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
12. Re: Tomb Raider producer defends $60 Definitive Edition Dec 31, 2013, 18:52 Fletch

^lol

Awesome. There's nothing like being locked to a single corporate entity whose shiny new game system isn't backward-compatible with games you already own lease. And I don't see how improved graphics is an incentive for people to spend another $60 on a game they've already played on PS3, but I guess it does allow new console owners to somewhat rationalize buying the thing. I wish developer mouthpieces would quit including it in their bullet points, though. It's the gameplay, stupid.

Good news for PS4 owners however, in that a streaming service for the PS4 is in the works that will allow you to play PS3 games, but, again, you'll be at the mercy of Sony and their cloud, as well as lag and possible server performance/down-time, and it will only cost you a modest monthly fee for the privilege. Lessee... backward-compatible, or a new proprietary system architecture that is not? Where is the revenue stream here?

Would it have been that hard to slap an emulator chip onto the mainboard that kicks in whenever a PS3 game is inserted? Oh well, console players choose their respective gatekeepers when they choose a platform.

Ok, off to install Wizardy8 again... still a blast twelve years after release.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2013, 17:02 Fletch

GOG seems intent on me owning every game they sell by including games I don't want with games I do want in these combo deals. It's cheaper to buy the whole combo than the individual game or two I want from it.  

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
22. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 13:56 Fletch

Yeah, but... a lot of that was me.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2013, 01:34 Fletch

If they cure aging before I croak, I'll still be playing Doom and Doom2.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 30, 2013, 01:32 Fletch

"Users more worried about identity theft than privacy."
Two branches of the same tree.

News Comments > The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans
1. Re: The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans Dec 27, 2013, 12:57 Fletch

I can arrange my furniture any way I like? Sold! Take notice, Bethesda!

EDIT/ADD: Does $50k seems low for what they say this game will include? I mean, the pitch video makes it seem like the game will appeal to just about every kind of player. If it does, it could be the most incredible game ever made, or the most boring. Even the top stretch goal of a million dollars seems low.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2013, 13:09.

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
3. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 12:53 Fletch

I just hope they take out jumping. Err, wait... what?

Loved Homeworld. I'd buy HD versions, but have no interest in a Collector's Edition and associated swag. I've got enough useless crap sitting in boxes.

News Comments > Get Even Revealed
5. Re: Get Even Revealed Dec 24, 2013, 09:54 Fletch

Am I the only one that became less interested when I read "stressing realism"? Photorealism doesn't do anything for me in a PC game. I don't understand why it's desireable by some developers. Make a fun game. If it's a fun, photorealistic game... great. But photorealism isn't a selling point for me in a PC game. I think resources expended towards photorealism are wasted in a PC game. That's what movies are for. If you want to make a boring, interactive movie, just release it as a console title. It'll make console gamers quiver.  

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer
5. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 18:25 Fletch

Been waiting for a good MW game for a long time, and I'm still waiting. This game doesn't interest me at all. Making giant bots move like people doesn't make them seem like giant bots (or Mechs). I dunno... this game just looks lame to me.  

News Comments > New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering
8. Re: New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering Dec 19, 2013, 08:48 Fletch

JayDeath wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 18:46:
My 6970 is still going strong although I do need an upgrade soon.

I'm running 5870s in Crossfire. They run everything I want them to run very nicely. Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't recall ever having issues with ATI drivers.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
14. Re: Thief Trailer Dec 19, 2013, 08:34 Fletch

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 05:17:
... I think sometimes diehard fans of certain properties may be way too quick to dismiss a new iteration without giving it a fair shake.

Or, we've seen plenty iterations of other great IPs destroyed by consolitis, or arrogant developers releasing games titled as the original, but having little else to do with it, or just failing to capture the atmosphere and gameplay that made it great. It can make an old-school PC gamer more than a little pessimistic, but we all want an awesome Thief game. I just don't think this is going to be it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 22:59 Fletch

nin wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:39:
Fletch wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:03:
That panoramic image from Mars is incredible.

It really is. As I get older, I find I appreciate different things than earlier in my life, and right now NASA is at the top of the list. Those guys are just amazing in what they do, and it's so frustrating that they're not getting more money to do awesome things.
We could have gone to Mars a couple (several?) times with the money we've wasted on war in the last decade. It's starting to look like we'll have to hitch a ride with China, or else pay for the trip through corporate sponsorship. "This EVA brought to you by Massengill."

574 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo