Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 30, 2013, 01:32 Fletch

"Users more worried about identity theft than privacy."
Two branches of the same tree.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans
1. Re: The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans Dec 27, 2013, 12:57 Fletch

I can arrange my furniture any way I like? Sold! Take notice, Bethesda!

EDIT/ADD: Does $50k seems low for what they say this game will include? I mean, the pitch video makes it seem like the game will appeal to just about every kind of player. If it does, it could be the most incredible game ever made, or the most boring. Even the top stretch goal of a million dollars seems low.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2013, 13:09.

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
3. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 12:53 Fletch

I just hope they take out jumping. Err, wait... what?

Loved Homeworld. I'd buy HD versions, but have no interest in a Collector's Edition and associated swag. I've got enough useless crap sitting in boxes.

News Comments > Get Even Revealed
5. Re: Get Even Revealed Dec 24, 2013, 09:54 Fletch

Am I the only one that became less interested when I read "stressing realism"? Photorealism doesn't do anything for me in a PC game. I don't understand why it's desireable by some developers. Make a fun game. If it's a fun, photorealistic game... great. But photorealism isn't a selling point for me in a PC game. I think resources expended towards photorealism are wasted in a PC game. That's what movies are for. If you want to make a boring, interactive movie, just release it as a console title. It'll make console gamers quiver.  

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer
5. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 18:25 Fletch

Been waiting for a good MW game for a long time, and I'm still waiting. This game doesn't interest me at all. Making giant bots move like people doesn't make them seem like giant bots (or Mechs). I dunno... this game just looks lame to me.  

News Comments > New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering
8. Re: New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering Dec 19, 2013, 08:48 Fletch

JayDeath wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 18:46:
My 6970 is still going strong although I do need an upgrade soon.

I'm running 5870s in Crossfire. They run everything I want them to run very nicely. Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't recall ever having issues with ATI drivers.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
14. Re: Thief Trailer Dec 19, 2013, 08:34 Fletch

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 05:17:
... I think sometimes diehard fans of certain properties may be way too quick to dismiss a new iteration without giving it a fair shake.

Or, we've seen plenty iterations of other great IPs destroyed by consolitis, or arrogant developers releasing games titled as the original, but having little else to do with it, or just failing to capture the atmosphere and gameplay that made it great. It can make an old-school PC gamer more than a little pessimistic, but we all want an awesome Thief game. I just don't think this is going to be it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 22:59 Fletch

nin wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:39:
Fletch wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:03:
That panoramic image from Mars is incredible.

It really is. As I get older, I find I appreciate different things than earlier in my life, and right now NASA is at the top of the list. Those guys are just amazing in what they do, and it's so frustrating that they're not getting more money to do awesome things.
We could have gone to Mars a couple (several?) times with the money we've wasted on war in the last decade. It's starting to look like we'll have to hitch a ride with China, or else pay for the trip through corporate sponsorship. "This EVA brought to you by Massengill."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 22:03 Fletch

That panoramic image from Mars is incredible.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
46. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 21:46 Fletch

F2P...

wtf?

News Comments > Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development
10. Re: Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development Dec 14, 2013, 10:06 Fletch

"...and he does not rule out the prospect that the Patriots name and the proposed counter-terrorism storyline may be ditched before it's all said and done."

Rainbow Six: Freedom Fries

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
46. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 09:46 Fletch

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 00:53:
Seriously.. I cant think of a single way any FPS game I played has been dumbed down.
LOL

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
43. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 09:13 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 23:07:
A little blast from the past!

Frags: 414-27
Stacked.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
226. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 18:22 Fletch

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:28:
The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

One of the most ignorant things I've ever read, and I've written some doozies myself.
What about the police? You ok with them pulling you over just for the hell of it? How about knocking on your door and forcing themselves in without a warrant just to make sure you haven't "done something wrong"? How about at 2:00AM? It's for the safety of the country/neighborhood, they tell you. Maybe they need to go through your browsing history "to protect America". "Sure officer, go ahead. I'm all for protecting America. Oh, you need my phone as well? Uhhh, ok."

As my personal lord and savior, Maynard James Keenan, said:
"Where's the line?"
Do you have one?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
31. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 20:01 Fletch

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:49:
So if a 10 year old can write it, I gather you should be able to whip one up in no time to prove just how much more talented you are right? Go ahead, we'll wait.

Can I use DoomCad?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
29. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 19:56 Fletch

harlock wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:27:
so i guess you think im someone else? - sorry but you are wrong...

Nah, RT ain't that clever.

Godwin in 21. Not bad.

News Comments > Evening Previews
9. Re: Evening Previews Dec 7, 2013, 22:18 Fletch

Jerykk wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 17:35:
Many (most?) of the people criticizing the lack of manual jumping don't seem to be aware of the game's new traversal system. It's automated now, so if you run towards a ledge, Garrett will automatically jump when he reaches it.

You don't seem to be aware that we know exactly how it's going to work. We just don't like it. I don't want him to do anything automatically. Why is that so hard for some of you to get? Jumping may as well be a QTE. Just mash your "parkour" button when you are prompted to jump. This is a limitation imposed by console controllers. I don't want anything automated. I have 104 keys on my keyboard, and 9 more on my mouse. I want a fucking PC game.

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 16:27:
You can jump, it's only available though where it works.
Again... IOW, YOU CAN'T JUMP.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 15:49 Fletch

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 14:48:
Far Cry 3 @ $7.50... I got to stop looking at the deals and start working through my backlog so I can take advantage of the deals.

I almost grabbed it, but it requires a Uplay account. Grabbed Serious Sam 3 yesterday for $3.99, though, and it's a blast. Run and gun fun.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
38. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 22:06 Fletch

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 20:48:
That's bullsh!t. I don't need some crap census. I can easily look around for myself. Every family member, every friend I have, every co-worker has ditched pc in favor of some sort of phone/tablet as their main computer within the past few years. Are you really saying that people rather go sit at some desk somwhere to read their email/peruse the web when they can easily carry it in their pocket or have on their endtable and use it while lying down in bed or on the sofa? I appreciate your support for the pc , but you are way wrong. If that census is true then the people interviewed are talking about their old laptop/desktop that's collecting dust while they're carring around their main computer in their pocket.

IOW... "I don't need facts and data. I can create my own reality. I know a guy that said he ditched his PC for a tablet... all the evidence I need. You PC fanboys and your "facts" just don't jive with my worldview. I have not looked at the source you used, but everyone knows the U.S. Census is a pinko plot to brainwash the American people into believing that PCs are still widely used in American homes. It's obvious people participating are either lying or didn't understand the question. I say so. Infinity."

I don't know anybody who has ditched their PC. And you changed your claim after you got called on your bullshit. You went from "most homes don't even have a PC anymore" to "ditched PC... ...as their main computer". Both statements are BS, but you can believe whatever gets you through your day. And, BTW, my computer chair is damn comfy.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
15. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 12:31 Fletch

"The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming..."

"Duh" statement of the year.

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo