Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 582 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
17. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 19, 2014, 05:56 Fletch

SirKnight wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 23:13:
Drayth wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 18:58:
Maybe we can get a Telltale story driven BluesNews game?

And it would be called Bitch, Moan, and Complain.

I'd play that....
I would too. I wouldn't be interested in "Fanboys Only".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2014, 02:40 Fletch

"Everything's just blahlalalala!!"  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
36. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 00:50 Fletch

Sempai wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:33:
It's perfectly within Steams right to pull the game. So glad we have Gabe to shield us from all that's evil and wrong..

That said, Gabe and his minions, along with his 3rd party DRM, which forces the customer to log into another(Oh hai Uplay!)3rd party DRM after purchasing games on Gabes 3rd party DRM, can all go fall into a hole filled with gasoline. But hey! Atleast they offer refunds on broken software they sell to millions..wait, nevermind.

If you don't use Steam, how is he shielding YOU? If he has no control on how and where DC sells their game (outside of Steam), how is he shielding anybody? I've a couple issues I've felt the desire to rant about on occasion, but I don't get the Steam anger. Don't like it? Don't use it, and it doesn't affect you. John Schnatter is a right-wing nutter, so I don't order from Papa John's (it's not that good, anyway), but he has no effect on my efforts to acquire pizza elsewhere, nor on my enjoyment of said pizza.

Get over it. Shit was tired years ago.

News Comments > Blizzard AMA Today
8. Re: Blizzard AMA Today Dec 15, 2014, 15:30 Fletch

InBlack had the same question I had.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 14:50 Fletch

Quinn wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:
Thanks, I'll wait then.

The game is phenomenal in so many ways with loads and loads and loads and loads of content already. Why wait on supporting Bioware? You could wait until the game is fully patched and they officially announce they will no longer add content and the game is for sale for 6 dollars, but while that's perfectly legit, I consider it just as bad as pirating.

Can't help it that this attitude rubs me the wrong way: Many times when developers announce that they will continue to support their product by patching and adding content, there's always someone popping up saying shit like "Thanks, I'll wait then."

"Whoops, we don't want that! You know what? Forget what we said. We'll stop supporting our product right away and added content will definitely NOT be free! :D"

If I wait for the price of a video card to come down, or for a stable driver release, is that stealing? Ridiculous comment only a fanboy could squeeze out. Spend your $60 as you see fit. Make sure you all post to forums about the problems you run across so the developers can fix it before I plop down a single cent on it. In the old days you would be beta testers. People use to get paid to beta test. Now you pay them.

Added content that is not free used to be called an "expansion pack", and I was more than willing to pay for it if I liked the game. Day 1 DLC is another console gaming custom that has infected PC gaming because of fanboys who think being treated like an open wallet is okey-dokey with them. If waiting for a game to be stable and complete, and not allowing oneself to be treated as said open wallet, rubs you the wrong way, then maybe you just don't understand the basic customer/merchant relationship and the reasons why things cost what they cost. I'm not here for the game developer. It is here for me (well... my money), and they'll only get my money when I feel what they are selling is worth what they are asking. Buying a game before that point is fanboyism and you're just rewarding a developer for shoddy work. Why the fuck would I want to encourage them to continue that practice by giving them my money? Doing it to "support Bioware" is just idiotic.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 14:12 Fletch

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:07:
It's just that there wasn't much attention paid to the controls and UI of the PC, but the rest of the PC version is pretty damn awesome. I checked out the bone version on a buddy's bone, and it looked pretty mediocre compared to my "Everything set to MAXXXXXXXXX" PC options.

Nice graphics are nice, but they aren't a selling point for me. I think gameplay is much more important, and the reason to buy a game in the first place. PC controls and PC UI are two of the best reasons to buy and play on PC (among others), and that the game was shipped with shit PC controls and unpolished PC UI, while they waxed about how awesome the PC version would be, shows they seem to think PC gaming is all about the graphics. It isn't. And the PC players (and console players) who espouse the graphic options in every fucking console port as evidence of a developer's love for or attempt to appease the PC gaming community (such as it is), or as evidence of a game's PC-ness, just don't have a clue about what makes a PC game a PC game.

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon Announced
3. Re: Enter the Gungeon Announced Dec 8, 2014, 16:38 Fletch

I could use a gun that can kill the past.  

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
18. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 22:07 Fletch

Some of those awards sound like they were created for a specific game. "Trending gamer" is TotalBiscuit? What the fuck does that even mean, and why award it to some clueless, console-cuffing YouTuber?  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
13. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 21:54 Fletch

Icewind wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:50:

Also, enjoy not having heal spells.

I heard that there will be a waist-high crate about every ten feet to crouch behind.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
33. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 21:48 Fletch

It's like déjà vu all over again.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Nintendo wants to watch you sleep Oct 31, 2014, 21:42 Fletch

I don't think my employer would allow the cameras.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 21:39 Fletch

Omni wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:37:
Looking forward to it. Lets just hope BioWare doesn't pull a Mass Effect 3 on it.

It can't be worse than DA2.

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
2. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Oct 31, 2014, 20:40 Fletch

They give awards for everything.  

News Comments > Battlecry Testing in AU Announced
1. Re: Battlecry Testing in AU Announced Oct 31, 2014, 10:23 Fletch

"Battlecry testing". Hmmm... interesting. "Bethesda". Interested. "A video showing off gameplay". Very interested. "Free-to-play". Fuck off, Bethesda.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
4. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 10:16 Fletch

It's like déjà vu all over again.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 25, 2014, 20:13 Fletch

I didn't think it was possible for iTunes to be less intuitive. Horrible program.  

News Comments > Hatred Announced
46. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 18:11 Fletch

Fucked game, but I'm sure they're getting lots of free exposure and advertising do to it's nature. I'll pass, though.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Oct 8, 2014, 17:17 Fletch

Gang Thrust?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 02:52 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:25:
No, what's scary is all indicators seem to be they want an Ebola crisis here to further curtail our civil liberties. It seems like they want a global pandemic. Gives them more power, culls some overpopulation, etc. I mean why else are they letting known carriers into the country? It's really not that hard to isolate a few thousand people temporarily.

Oh, FFS... who are "they"? The only virus that you and Julio should be worried about is the RCN (rightie conspiracy nutter) virus you seem to be currently suffering from. Symptoms include vague references to super secret shadow organizations, confusing RL with a recent playthrough of Deus Ex (the first one), an inability to change the fucking channel, and a belief that "those in power" have crazy magic-like abilities to affect the decisions of individuals and policies of third-world countries. Amazing the silly shit you guys can release into the ether and not be completely embarrassed about. It's like you need to believe it for your shitty life to have some meaning or something. Or maybe you just need some boogeyman to blame because your tiny little world didn't turn out exactly the way you wanted. JFC, talk about a virus... you should all be quarantined.

Or MAYBE... you are all just Illuminati operatives whose sole purpose is to make you and your ilk look so fucking silly and ridiculous that we let our guard down and dismiss your rantings as "just more stupid shit from the conspiracy nutters". That way, you can keep adding flouride to our water without us realizing that it really does make us susceptible to the mind control machine the guv'ment recovered at Roswell and reverse-engineered at Area 51. I challenge you to prove that it isn't all true. And when you can't, I'll accept that as yet more evidence I am right.

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
6. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 27, 2014, 22:21 Fletch

Oh ffs... yet another immersion-killing, third-person console game with a cover system. You can take the graphics from this game, slap them into any AAA console of the last ten years, and never know the difference. Lemme guess... regenerating health? QT events galore? WDIGN prompts? Deeply-nested menus? Developers claiming to be big fans of the genre?

It does look better than the dreck that was Thi4f, but that's like comparing Miller Lite to a plate of cold hobo piss.

582 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo