Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fletch

Real Name Fletch   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fletch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2001, 01:48
Total Comments 574 (Apprentice)
User ID 10520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
13. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 21:54 Fletch

Icewind wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:50:

Also, enjoy not having heal spells.

I heard that there will be a waist-high crate about every ten feet to crouch behind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
33. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 21:48 Fletch

It's like déjà vu all over again.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Nintendo wants to watch you sleep Oct 31, 2014, 21:42 Fletch

I don't think my employer would allow the cameras.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 21:39 Fletch

Omni wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:37:
Looking forward to it. Lets just hope BioWare doesn't pull a Mass Effect 3 on it.

It can't be worse than DA2.

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
2. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Oct 31, 2014, 20:40 Fletch

They give awards for everything.  

News Comments > Battlecry Testing in AU Announced
1. Re: Battlecry Testing in AU Announced Oct 31, 2014, 10:23 Fletch

"Battlecry testing". Hmmm... interesting. "Bethesda". Interested. "A video showing off gameplay". Very interested. "Free-to-play". Fuck off, Bethesda.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
4. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 10:16 Fletch

It's like déjà vu all over again.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 25, 2014, 20:13 Fletch

I didn't think it was possible for iTunes to be less intuitive. Horrible program.  

News Comments > Hatred Announced
46. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 18:11 Fletch

Fucked game, but I'm sure they're getting lots of free exposure and advertising do to it's nature. I'll pass, though.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Oct 8, 2014, 17:17 Fletch

Gang Thrust?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 02:52 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:25:
No, what's scary is all indicators seem to be they want an Ebola crisis here to further curtail our civil liberties. It seems like they want a global pandemic. Gives them more power, culls some overpopulation, etc. I mean why else are they letting known carriers into the country? It's really not that hard to isolate a few thousand people temporarily.

Oh, FFS... who are "they"? The only virus that you and Julio should be worried about is the RCN (rightie conspiracy nutter) virus you seem to be currently suffering from. Symptoms include vague references to super secret shadow organizations, confusing RL with a recent playthrough of Deus Ex (the first one), an inability to change the fucking channel, and a belief that "those in power" have crazy magic-like abilities to affect the decisions of individuals and policies of third-world countries. Amazing the silly shit you guys can release into the ether and not be completely embarrassed about. It's like you need to believe it for your shitty life to have some meaning or something. Or maybe you just need some boogeyman to blame because your tiny little world didn't turn out exactly the way you wanted. JFC, talk about a virus... you should all be quarantined.

Or MAYBE... you are all just Illuminati operatives whose sole purpose is to make you and your ilk look so fucking silly and ridiculous that we let our guard down and dismiss your rantings as "just more stupid shit from the conspiracy nutters". That way, you can keep adding flouride to our water without us realizing that it really does make us susceptible to the mind control machine the guv'ment recovered at Roswell and reverse-engineered at Area 51. I challenge you to prove that it isn't all true. And when you can't, I'll accept that as yet more evidence I am right.

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
6. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 27, 2014, 22:21 Fletch

Oh ffs... yet another immersion-killing, third-person console game with a cover system. You can take the graphics from this game, slap them into any AAA console of the last ten years, and never know the difference. Lemme guess... regenerating health? QT events galore? WDIGN prompts? Deeply-nested menus? Developers claiming to be big fans of the genre?

It does look better than the dreck that was Thi4f, but that's like comparing Miller Lite to a plate of cold hobo piss.

News Comments > HELL Announced
5. Re: HELL Announced Sep 18, 2014, 18:07 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 16:28:
No. Using hell as a description of something unpleasant is one thing, using as a name for a title implies it should be focused on the actual place. If I make a game titled Valhalla, you'd probably figure it would relate to, you know, Valhalla itself.

My point was that they may not mean it as a specific place. More like "war is hell", or, "I never want to go through that hell again". Take the word heaven; "we stayed at a cottage on the beach that was absolute heaven". It may simply be a description of the conditions in the gameworld, and not an actual place.

Then again, how do you know that Hell doesn't have trees and flowers and villages with cobblestone streets?

News Comments > The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Closed Beta
1. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Closed Beta Sep 18, 2014, 12:59 Fletch

Looks good. Wish it wasn't a Uplay game.  

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
130. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 18, 2014, 12:50 Fletch

I read Notch's "leaving Mojang" post. Not pissed any more, so, thanks for Minecraft, Notch. Hope you can discover fire again someday.  

News Comments > HELL Announced
3. Re: HELL Announced Sep 18, 2014, 12:38 Fletch

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:36:
How does a game call itself Hell when it doesn't take place in the entirety of Hell?
It's just the name of the game. Life is hell, traffic is hell, the weather is hell. My job is hell, but I don't actually work in Hell (afaik; it's possible I'm in some sort of Jacob's Ladder situation).

Anyhoo, love turn-based strategy. I hope this is good. I may just register and try to get in on the beta.

101. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 22:15 Fletch

SlimRam wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 16:25:
I'd rent out a stadium somewhere geographically in the middle of the United States and throw a MASSIVE PARTY! Literally EVERYONE would be invited! First come, first 60,000 served. Party members would be given a hooker and some blow at the door, free of charge! I'd have a waterside built in the middle that you could ride as much as you wanted AND the "water" used for the ride would be 1000's of gallons of 'Olde English 800' malt liquor! There would be a giant disco ball hanging from the ceiling, lasers bouncing all over the place, 20 dollars bills blown all over the stadium as confetti and a giant pinata that looks like a ram and filled with weed and ecstasy bags that's flies around the stadium on a zip wire that you can shoot at with shotguns! An entire hospital staff would be on duty with a triosh center. There would be a motocross track built all the way around the edge of the stadium that anyone would be allowed to race anything on; ambulances or dump trucks, WHY NOT? It would be catered by 'Dairy Queen' because I LOVE me some damn butterscotch Dilly Bars! The event would last an entire weekend with 25 bands playing continuously through out, Flogging Molly IS A MUST! Towards the end of it, they would open the roof and helicopters would dump like 500,000 gallons of cherry KoolAid on everyone and the largest mud fight in HISTORY would commence!

I'd buy 2.5 Billion lottery tickets. I'd be on Easy Street in no time.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 15, 2014, 21:59 Fletch

"In August a US survey named Kjellberg as one of the most influential people on the planet amongst 13-18 year olds."
We're doomed.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
13. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 15, 2014, 21:55 Fletch

Awww... I just want to pet him. I wouldn't want my elephant to get hurt.  

87. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 17:36 Fletch

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 14:16:
Minecraft is for kids and adult hipsters. Both groups fall into the category of not being able to afford a PC that can run Battlefield 4 at 1080p.
TangledThorns has spoken. Thank you, TangledThorns. I had no idea who Minecraft was for.

Maybe some people just think Battlefield 4 is boring, repetitive dross and simply don't have any interest. That you think Minecraft must run easily on lesser computers shows you know little of Minecraft except what you've seen in screenshots. It's easy to assume it should run like Doom or Quake. Then again, maybe your need to boast about your computer is just compensating for something.

574 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo