Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tuna

Real Name Tuna   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tuna
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 27, 2001, 15:49
Total Comments 24 (Suspect)
User ID 10469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Reznor on DOOM 3
91. Re: Engines Jul 21, 2004, 14:12 Tuna

i dont want to associate with these people - and i will make sure they wont associate with me

I can just imagine in his mind thinking, "All those people who do want to associate with me are attracted by my biting sarcasm and quick wit."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Blue, why is your site so melodramatic? Sep 29, 2002, 09:45 Tuna

Also unlike other sites, Blue doesn't muck around with excessive graphics. Everything is in a nice, simple, clean -looking layout that doesn't take long to load. While some sites try to wow you with graphics they spent months working on Bluesnews realises that it is the content that is important.

News Comments > UT2003 Demo Patch
7. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2002, 08:09 Tuna

Unfortunatreyly, Voodoo3 support does not mean that my Banshee card will work

17. Re: Wild Science Aug 30, 2002, 11:43 Tuna

WarPig[doh]: I commend your use of preterition.

News Comments > Netscape 7 Released
11. I don't mean Aug 29, 2002, 15:56 Tuna

to burst the Mozilla bubble, the more people who move away from IE/Netscape the better. However, Opera has had tabber browsing for quite some time now. Sure its not open source but it is good quality software that has had many good innovations now implemented into Mozilla. I prefer Opea just because I am more used to it, but if it wasn't around I would definitely use Mozilla.

News Comments > Tech Bits
5. Re: SB Audigy Aug 23, 2002, 12:57 Tuna

I bought an Audigy and am not too hapy with it. I would like to see them drop this patch crap though. XP has been out for sometime now and they could easily create real drivers for us to dl rather than having to install form the CD (which takes forever even when doing the plain old driver install) and then have to go get a patch. Just give us a good version of the drivers now and then new ones as they improve. Nvidia has a very good model when it comes to this.

News Comments > id Interview
15. Drops Aug 23, 2002, 12:41 Tuna

Someone kinda of brought this up earlier, but what if someone drops from the game due to system problems are game freezes. If by doing this id is saying that their game will never freeze and force you to quit, then I must say they are out of their mind. It's bound to happen and then that player can't rejoin. It has happened plenty of times while playing HL or Serious Sam and being able to join back in after a reboot or restart of the game is quite nice. I don't know how id plans to deal with these issues or they expect us to have frezzer cooled systems where the CPU and GPU never go over zero celsius and thus will most likely never crash. THey must not forget we are mainly running Windows which has a very dubious track record when it comes to stability.

Thus ends the rambling.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Sell Blizzard? Aug 7, 2002, 17:47 Tuna

The way I see it, and I am in NO way an expert, is for the very reason you gave and another. Sure they could make several million from Blizzard but development time is money, money which they don't have. So they can sell a company like Blizzard at a high price because there is the expectation from the new parent company that they can make back whatever they put into the purchase and more. Thus because Blizzard will make a lot for whomever owns it, Vivendi can sell for a high price based on those profits. And in the end they have at least some money to pay off their debts rather than sinking more money into game development.

News Comments > New H-L Day of Defeat
7. Re: HAY MANs!! Aug 7, 2002, 17:19 Tuna

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. -- Groucho Marx

5. Re: He, he, he.... Jul 31, 2002, 09:53 Tuna

I feel I have to ask the question that is on everyone's mind. Where is the Tick? I mean sure he may not be as well known as Bugs but its not as if I am ask for Invader Zim to be placed in the top5. I just feel that the Tick was far better than some of the stuff on there because it's so different form normal cartoons and its sheer goofiness.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Matrox
3. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2002, 13:34 Tuna

No no no. You've got it all wrong, Riker. It has nothing to do with the video card and everything to do with the fact that Monroe is probably a zombie if he is still around. And have you ever seen a zombie move quickly or run or do anything involving speed? No. I am not sure what it is about a zombie's physiology that forces them to stumble around clumsily but they just don't move quickly. That is the problem here.

2. Re: number 1 Jul 24, 2002, 10:20 Tuna

Blue, you really need a #1 filter so we don't have to put up with these pointless posts.

-----
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." --Despair.com

News Comments > Medieval Movie
5. Re: Release Date? Jul 17, 2002, 15:56 Tuna

I think they mean the month after the projected release date, so according to them and my interpretation, expect it out in September.

-----
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." --Despair.com

News Comments > Medieval Movie
2. Re: Release Date? Jul 17, 2002, 14:11 Tuna

"Medieval: Total War; Activision; 08/21/02; Magic 8Ball says: Next month"

-from gonegold.com

-----

News Comments > Hooray for Hollywood
13. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 16:46 Tuna

Ridley Scott did the orginal Alien which was at least 10 times better than James Cameron's Aliens. He should be the one that makes the movie but looks like someone else with a more questionable track record has gotten it first.

-----
This comment was edited on Jul 15, 16:51.

News Comments > UT2003 Update
116. Re: uhhh Jun 26, 2002, 17:26 Tuna

He is referring to the darkness of the maps not he health stuff. The dark maps are too reminiscent of Q3.

-----

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Morrowind Jun 25, 2002, 10:05 Tuna

The reviewer said, "It has both resurrected a dying breed and further evolved the genre as a whole." While I agree with the latter, RPG's have been coming back since Fallout. Though they may not have regained their early 90's popularity via the Bioware games (Fallout, BG series) the genere was in no need of resurrection just alittle new blood the deversify from the D&D world of Bioware.

-----

News Comments > etc.
2. Art Aug 8, 2001, 10:51 Tuna

Software writers, by and large, are not artists

Maybe they are not artists the same way Dali was when He put a brush onto a canvas, but there is a skill involved in making a good game.

There is the art of speaking which can sometimes sway court trials from one side to the other as a lawyer eloquently presents his case. This is not like pounding chips off of marble to sculpt some beautiful image.

There is a right way to code and a wrong way which bloats the game, leaves in many,many bugs (not a few bugs which can be overlooked a natural human error that anyone might leave in)and designing the game for a wide vaariety of system configurations. Youu didn't make a good game if you need an Alienware computer that isn't coming out until March 02 but has to be upgraded to GeForce 4 Ultra and 3.5 GB or RAM before you can install the game much less play it.

But he merely siad "software writers." Artists play a great role in game design. Here I mean artists like this Brian Appleyard. Take a look at this picture:

http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/battlerealms2.jpg

Even though it was made for a game it is as much art as this is:

http://Zuffy.tripod.com/jon/jon.html

or even this:

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/Animation/mona.gif

Well that's all I have to say for now.

-Tuna

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 10:54.

News Comments > Attack of the Clones Announced
82. Re: Seems appropriate Aug 7, 2001, 11:35 Tuna

Now, Blue, I have had the "pleasure" of seeing both Plan 9 From Outer Space and Terror in Tiny Town. I found the latter to be awful. For the first ten minutes I could not stop laughing. After the gimmick wore off, I found it to be unbearable but i watched till the end. But when I saw P9fOS I was amazed that they could actually show something so awful, it lacks the truly odd idea which Tiny Town had with midgets. I had fun trying to list all the things that were wrong with it. You should see it just so you know how good movies today are in comparison to it.

-Tuna

News Comments > Wolfenstein Multiplayer Interview
14. Re: Engines Aug 7, 2001, 11:20 Tuna

To my knowledge the half life engine is based on the Q2 engine?

True but it has been highly modified to get this much life out of it so at this point it only vaguely resembles the Q2 engine.

It would be nice to see DoD with a newer look. Their models and textures look amazing on an aging engine but just imagine what it would look like when played on something even better than the Q3 engine. Sometimes you have to accept progress and if it means that RTCW will bring DoD into the future then I am all for it.

24 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo