Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4272 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
30. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 14:23 Quboid

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 13:19:
Eh, it could come out or could never come out, it'd be just about the same for me. I don't know why Valve expects people to stay interested in a storyline for 12 years.

If it comes out and it's a good game, I'll pick it up on sale at some point.

You don't know why Valve (presumably) expect people to stay interested after 12 years? I think 12 years of HL:Ep3 and HL3 questions and theories might have given them a clue.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
12. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 10:37 Quboid

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:32:
I can't remember where I read it but apparently Valve makes more off DOTA 2 in like a month than they ever made off their other games. Much as I also want Half-Life 3, I think they know where their bread is buttered now. And this doesn't even count what they make from Steam.

Is that why there's so many MOBA games?

The Dorkly thing doesn't really hold up (wanting HL3 isn't to want CoD) but it's funny and makes some good points. It would be a great launch title for SteamOS especially if (as suggested by someone else here) they can release it for SteamOS for free.

- Quboid

News Comments > SimCity Modding Discussion
5. Re: SimCity Modding Discussion Oct 1, 2013, 11:46 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:22:
Yakubs wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:35:
Here's the first draft:

The SimCity player should be allowed to mod their own game however the fuck they want. If someone gets offended then oh well.

Yes because I really want a city full of penis buildings ala Spore...

If that's 'however the fuck [you] want' then yes. If you don't want that, then no. You're implying that mods would be forced on you.

Perhaps they would be if you visited someone else's city who used them but then that's the case now, someone could draw a penis with the roads. If you look at other people's creativity, you have to accept that some people's creativity manifests its self in the form of cock drawings (besides, anything involved other Simcity players is a moot point to me and to most/all of Bluesnews).

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2013, 11:52.

- Quboid

News Comments > SimCity Modding Discussion
1. Re: SimCity Modding Discussion Oct 1, 2013, 09:35 Quboid

"do not jeopardize the integrity of the gameplay"

Ah yes, the old "non-compete clause". Makes sure EA has the monopoly on doing this.

- Quboid

News Comments > Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne
5. Re: Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne Sep 30, 2013, 11:17 Quboid

Well, isn't that nice.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:14 Quboid

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:07:
I just finished watching seasons 1 - 5 of Breaking bad the past 2 weeks. I am about as prepped as I can be for the finale.

Half way through season 2 ... I'm going to have to disconnect my internets and switch off my telephone.

- Quboid

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 17:52 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 10:59:
I'm about a third of the way through season 2 of a little show called Breaking Bad, you guys should check it out.

HOLY SHITBALLS THE TURTLE!

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 29, 2013, 15:00 Quboid

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 12:26:
I don't see the point of a gov't. shutdown.

National embarrassment?

The ultimate tantrum?

Rich people can't get their way?

A shutdown isn't the aim, no one wants that and no one thinks it does have a point AFAIK. The problem is that there are 2 distinct groups wanting 2 different things and if they don't come to an agreement then there's no money to continue doing stuff.

- Quboid

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 10:59 Quboid

I'm about a third of the way through season 2 of a little show called Breaking Bad, you guys should check it out.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
22. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 29, 2013, 10:17 Quboid

If it's Dead Island with Day-Z influences, I'd be very interested. Everything wrong with Dead Island is when they did the opposite of what games like Day-Z do in terms of atmosphere, pacing and subtlety.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
37. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 20:18 Quboid

That's quite something and I'm glad it's getting that sort of attention but that also illustrates my point - do these people know what they're getting into? I guess I do expect this industry to kick me in the balls but if this game is to be the saviour of PC gaming (which is a load of wank), if this is bringing a lot of people to PC gaming, what happens if a bunch of unsuspecting new gamers get kicked in the balls?

I don't mean to be so pessimistic. I'm thinking about worst-case what-if scenarios, not what I expect to happen (which is merely for it to be disappointing).

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2013, 20:05 Quboid

WARNING

That article about the 15yo who robbed a bank is by the Daily Mail. They do not care about the actual causes, they do not even care about fake causes, they only care about scaring people into buying their next edition.

They lie about anything and everything and trick people into thinking that everyone else is lying and they are the sane ones - so you'd better buy the next edition or the terrorists/sick/foreigners/students (they're all the same) win.

If this sounds familiar to US readers, yeah, it's like a certain news channel.

- Quboid

29. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 11:35 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 09:00:
Quboid wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 08:34:
Some people spending thousands of dollars on a game that isn't playable. This has all the hallmarks of a bubble and bubbles burst.

I don't mean that if this bombs it will be the end of crowd funding or even the end of big $10M+ projects but a lot of people will be older and wiser. Something shiny by someone well known will still get attention because we're essentially just magpies with wallets but even magpies learn. I guess. I don't know, I didn't think through that metaphor. But in general I think people would become more cautious. Such is the nature of new markets.

I have mixed feelings about this product, on the one hand I cant wait to get my hands on a gorgeous space simulation that has all the hallmarks of the best sandbox games and the best campaigns out there. On the other the whole MMO/persistent universe pitch feels like a horrible, terrible money grab of the worst fucking kind. Even if its nothing of the sort, it will still take away valuable resources, time and money from the story/single player experience and most importantly the design decisions regarding missions/quests/NPC interactions will have to be designed completely differently to acomodate that. You see if this had remained a single player sandbox type game, no one. And I mean NO ONE but the most hardcore fanatics would have bought into these 1000$+ ships bullshit....after all, what good is a virtual e-peen pissing contest if no one else can see your virtual cock?

From what I've seen, which in actual terms of how good the games actually are isn't much, Star Citizen without the MMO/persistent stuff is just an inferior X Rebirth. There's plenty of room for 2 space sims on the PC (ironically Egosoft don't feel the need to bang on about being a PC developer) but the online stuff might be good and make the game more interesting. Or it may indeed be a horrible cash grab.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Re:ARMA 3 Sep 27, 2013, 11:19 Quboid

Techie714 wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:13:
That is a HUGE update those patch notes go on & on. With that said I've been really enjoying the game & now it will be even better. So many great SP scenarios to play too.

You call that a huge update? This is a huge update.

The most interesting Arma 3 updates are in the Engine section at the bottom. Nothing about better player controls (e.g. proper votes so griefers can actually get kicked).

- Quboid

24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 08:34 Quboid

Some people spending thousands of dollars on a game that isn't playable. This has all the hallmarks of a bubble and bubbles burst.

I don't mean that if this bombs it will be the end of crowd funding or even the end of big $10M+ projects but a lot of people will be older and wiser. Something shiny by someone well known will still get attention because we're essentially just magpies with wallets but even magpies learn. I guess. I don't know, I didn't think through that metaphor. But in general I think people would become more cautious. Such is the nature of new markets.

- Quboid

9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 22:15 Quboid

I'm starting to get a rather uneasy feeling about this game. They're promising the stars and there's the reputation of more than just Star Citizen at stake. This is a big deal for crowd funding (ugh, now I'm using that phrase) and it could all end in tears.

Thankfully, I know nothing and my predictions frequently suck, so it'll probably all be OK.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 22:06 Quboid

Warskull wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 21:01:
Morga wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 20:38:
Kotaku is a corrupt feminist gamer website, owned by Gawker Media which also operates the feminist Jezebel.

Or perhaps Gawker is just a lazy site that hires low quality writers and has their sites churn out crappy click bait.

All of gawkers sites are shitty in unique ways. Kotaku dedicates way too much effort and article space to sexy cosplay to be feminist. They are only "feminist" when stirring up controversy might get them some clicks.

Gawker just write what gets clicks and they don't appear to care about anything else. Didn't they post that ridiculous date-with-gamer article on their gaming site? It wasn't fit to be on any site but they have more appropriate ones. They troll for money, which pretty much makes them whores in the classic meaning of the word.

- Quboid

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
24. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 18:48 Quboid

Parias wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 18:43:
Quboid wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:46:
I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

It doesn't necessarily have to be watered down though - just give us the same experience we already have, but with the ability to do it with a friend co-operatively. I know a couple of people where that would make this an instant sale.

Instead, they'll end up waiting for Star Citizen.

But then either they spend less time on other parts of the game, or throw more people at it which can cause more problems.

- Quboid

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
20. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 17:46 Quboid

This interface looks better than the previous X games and supposedly making it easier to get into for newbies is something they're aiming for. We'll see. It could be a hell of a game but I'll wait for reviews ... I've told myself that before but I mean it this time!

I think the community is worried about it being watered down by multiplayer - it's a big game and Egosoft's attention is needed in many places. Going by their previous games, the last thing they need is even more scope and while some sort of multiplayer would be cool, I'm glad they're not stretching themselves any further.

- Quboid

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FIFA 14
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - FIFA 14 Sep 25, 2013, 09:07 Quboid

Not available in the rest of the world, AKA where the sport is actually played, for another 3 days. Way to go EA!

- Quboid

4272 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo