Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5050 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 09:24 Quboid

Are there specific examples of her treating criticism as abuse?  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 17:30 Quboid

Julio wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 16:08:
I'm going to bet this cost a lot of money to produce, have to justify where that crowdfunded money went after all. Her 15 minutes are up.

Isn't spending crowdfunding money on this exactly what they should be doing? What exactly is your complaint, why do you use the word "justify"?

- Quboid

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 15:50 Quboid

Flatline wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 14:51:
Wait a minute. If Sarkeesian is constantly being harassed, it's kind of counter-intuitive for her to put out a "how not to be harassed" guide right?

That's like the dude who has been struck by lightning the most times in history publishing "how not to be struck by lightning" unironically.

It's a guide to minimizing the impact of online abuse, not a guide to giving in to it. Being constantly harassed is why she's experienced.

- Quboid

News Comments > DiRT Rally Released
12. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 8, 2015, 11:49 Quboid

Aero wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 23:54:
You can definitely be competitive with a gamepad in racing sims (not sure about a joystick because you'll want separate analog brake and throttle inputs, but I know it's a done thing). It's better to think of a wheel as an immersion thing than a competitive advantage. It's a bigger advantage when the FFB is done really well, but Codemasters has always been pretty mediocre in that department.

That's a good point. My stick (Saitek FLY5) has dual throttles but using them as 2 pedals isn't very intuitive. I appreciated the extra control this gave me (over 1-throttle input) in ETS2 but I'm not sure I want to faff about with this while racing. It seems wheels are increasingly niche but maybe I'm not the only one considering eyes-off controllers for VR and there'll be a resurgence.

- Quboid

6. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 7, 2015, 22:32 Quboid

4D-Boxing wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:56:
Flatline wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:00:
Quboid wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:50:
So this is a proper rally game? Actual dirt tracks, not weird X games and obnoxious characters? I really didn't think Dirt would ever deliver.

Joystick or 360 pad? I don't know which is better for driving.

Yeah no gymkhana. I believe all real-world tracks, no x-games BS, not even any voice-overs aside from your co-pilot.

It needed a little more TLC when I played it a month or so ago last, but it's a pretty fun game. My main complaints are that the levels are on the short side and that there's not a lot of track content (though now they're up to what, a 3-part hill climb, 4 or 5 courses with 4 stages that can be reversed each course, and a couple of rally cross racing tracks).

Driving wheel is probably where it's at for this game. You need some analog support.

If a wheel isn't an option, joystick hands down. I know a few old school gamers who can hang or beat top drivers with wheels.

I don't play enough racing games to warrant getting a wheel (which I would barely have room for). I usually use my gamepad for driving in GTA and suchlike but in a more serious scenario, I'd use my joystick if I can shave a few fractions of a second.

I might get a wheel and a proper stand if VR fulfils its potential.

- Quboid

1. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 7, 2015, 18:50 Quboid

So this is a proper rally game? Actual dirt tracks, not weird X games and obnoxious characters? I really didn't think Dirt would ever deliver.

Joystick or 360 pad? I don't know which is better for driving.

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
22. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 16:36 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 15:26:
Quboid wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 15:20:
Mods work fine for me using this custom launcher.

It's probably an oversight but it would really, really suck if they're locking down unofficial modding because they want mods to be console compatible.

Paranoid delusions... If that were their goal, it's far too late to do anything about it now. Even if the GECK were available already, there would still be plenty of mods completely unsuitable for use on consoles. They have no reason to "lock down" PC modding whatsoever.

It would be a stupid, unworkable idea, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try. Paying for Skyrim mods would have been a paranoid delusion a year ago, Bethesda have form.

I doubt that this is the case but I think it's worth mentioning. Even if they never charge for mods (and I think they will, probably with Elder Scrolls 6), getting mods to work on consoles would be great for business going by how long Skyrim sold on PCs and that would require limiting mods to official tools.

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
14. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 15:20 Quboid

Mods work fine for me using this custom launcher.

It's probably an oversight but it would really, really suck if they're locking down unofficial modding because they want mods to be console compatible.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 14:09 Quboid

Did the Outbox duo really think that the population are the USPS's customers? That seems highly naive. It's like thinking Facebook users are Facebook's customers; no, we're the product being sold.

They still got royally screwed but trying to fix a problem that only exists because it benefits the people who can fix it - i.e. junk mail - isn't a technical challenge, it's a business one.

- Quboid

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
4. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 6, 2015, 23:27 Quboid

I played a game called Ambient Flight on the Rift DK1. It's similar to this, where you controlled a bird and changed direction with your head. It worked really well and is a great demo to introduce people to VR. It certainly wasn't on-rails and I don't expect this will be either, although going through the church or trees did look a bit close.

Eagle Flight clearly has much higher production values than Ambient Flight but I'm not convinced there's actually a game here. This looks more like a freebie that comes with a headset, from what little we've seen.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2015, 21:31 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 14:27:
This punk basically attempted to murder people over 100 times. So yes, when other idiots consider doing this and say 'Hrm, do I really want to go to prison for 20 years just to get back at some guy online that I don't even know called me a fag during a game?' For 99.9% of them the answer will be no. For that 0.1% that do, they don't belong in society at any rate so problem solved by locking them away.

Again, do you think that the people who say no to that are going to say yes to 5 years? Most of them probably wouldn't do it if they thought their parents would find out!

This guy did it a hundred times, so in his case the 18 year sentence is deserved.

- Quboid

9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 19:51 Quboid

Who is going to be willing to risk 5 years but not 20? These punks don't care what punishment they're not going to face.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
23. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 19:32 Quboid

I gather that it is a quite faithful recreation of the originals, although I haven't played the old ones. The problem is that people have moved on and I think I'm in a majority that don't enjoy that sort of grind any more. Games can now be deep and engrossing without being so repetitive.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 16:49 Quboid

How often does anyone actually get killed in a swatting? For all the dangers that are involved, as a way to actually get someone killed it is pretty useless. A charge of manslaughter if someone does get killed might stick, or reckless endangerment if someone is hurt.

He deserves a long sentence but I don't think idiots will be deterred by the length of the sentence because they think they're too smart to get caught. Swatters being found guilty in court is biggest deterrent because that makes it harder for potential swatters to feel confident about their own safety.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Prenda lawyer must sell condo Dec 4, 2015, 22:16 Quboid

Ha ha!  

- Quboid

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 30, 2015, 15:26 Quboid

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:14:
This is the new norm for companies, I remember my employee handbook for my old job said you will be held accountable for ANYTHING you said about the company on anything digital. I can see both sides of the argument. Company wants to protect itself and its image, employees want to complain about things that are going wrong with there jobs.

Anything digital? Including email or other private messages?

I can understand companies not allowing employees to badmouth them publicly and doing so online shouldn't be any different. However, things like requiring Facebook login details seems more like demanding employees wear microphones so private conversations can be monitored.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 29, 2015, 14:56 Quboid

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 13:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 12:40:
It's good to see Counter-Strike: Global Offensive doing so well.

Meh... I guess. I just find it amazing there are still people alive, with a computer, that don't have CS:GO, or have already played enough of the previous versions to be utterly sick of the CS format.

$15 Elite:Dangerous was too tempting, I contributed to that #5 placement, I'm sorry to say.

These people exist. Some of them have even regularly visited a highly respected PC gaming website for over half their lives, posting nearly 5000 times in that time

- Quboid

News Comments > Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3
6. Re: Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3 Nov 28, 2015, 23:33 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 23:16:
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/just-cause-3-pc-cd-key-steam

$25.99

I purchased COD BO3 from them on the cheap, transaction was smooth.

Do you know where their keys are from? That's a little too good to be true IMHO. I don't see anything about a guarantee.

- Quboid

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2015, 14:52 Quboid

Felix Cortez: [referring to Jack Ryan] Whatever this man has told you is a lie. He LIES for a living!
Ernesto Escobedo: He is in the Intelligence business.
Felix Cortez: Exactly.
Ernesto Escobedo: YOU'RE in the Intelligence business!

- Quboid

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
59. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 11:58 Quboid

heroin wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 11:12:
I never see huge comment thread's about Amazon's practices. I mean they are the root of fucking evil and yet I bet everyone here, myself included, uses it.

They do this shit all of the time. They say something retails at one price, say it's 60%, when the actual market value is a lot less.

For instance - I am looking at a shoe, it sells for around $45.00-55.00 at most retailers. But, Amazon says that the retail price is $115.00 and I am getting a steal with 57% off. It's fluff marketing! I mean, we don't even have to sit here and think about this shit these days when you have good old google over there for a person to take 3 fucking god damn seconds to type some shit in, to do your research for you. And you guys are pissed about some shitty Steam game sales, lol!

People on a PC gaming site discussing PC games and not shoes? We're so weird!

- Quboid

5050 Comments. 253 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo