Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4316 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Oculus Rift Crystal Cove prototype Jan 16, 2014, 20:14 Quboid

That's encouraging. I think a dose of reality has hit me about the Rift, it's not going to be the ultimate experience, but this touches on many of the points that I've wondered about. AMOLED should look great.  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2014, 20:11 Quboid

They're not getting filthy rich, they're becoming job creators. You guys are such libtards. I'm joking, I'm joking!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
14. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 15:25 Quboid

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:10:
In Splinter Cell: Conviction, when you reloaded, every single Light respawned. Fuck that.

Intentionally?

It evidently doesn't bother anyone else nearly as much as it bothers me but I can't believe they did this. I don't think it's laziness, which much longer does it take to save a bit of enemy state info? If they were lazy they would just dump the memory by serialising the data and writing that to disc, in which case it's more work to exclude enemies.

- Quboid

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
3. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 10:33 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 09:54:
Sounds like they're back on track with this, glad to hear it. Hitman Absolution was a ridiculous diversion from the main franchise that didn't deserve the name.

I hate that game with a passion. I hoped for an update in the way DX:HR updated the Deus Ex games, in fact the pre-release footage I saw looked like DX:HR with a bald Adam Jenson and disguises instead of augs. Simplified and perhaps consolised, but still a good game.

After playing 30 minutes I had to reload, only to find that the guards I had knocked out were back, and one was about 10m from the checkpoint. I waited for a fix but after a month - surely such a game breaking bug would be fixed quickly - I looked it up and apparently THIS IS INTENTIONAL WHAT THE ACTUAL FLIP?!

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details
16. Re: Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details Jan 15, 2014, 20:24 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:55:
Quboid wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:09:
Axis wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:36:
Quboid wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:31:
Axis wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:23:
And yet we're still seeing "PC's are DEAD" articles and their hopeless buffoonery console minions pop up...

Are we? This has long been a cliché but I don't remember the last time I actually saw such a headline. Of course, if Blue's simply stopped linking to them then I'd have no way of knowing.

Fortunately most have learned that it was a load of faddish hogwash -- but every now and again one pops up. Just saw one on blues bout a week ago I think, least the headline and I didn't bother to read it for obvious reasons. Then there's countless posts from a few members here like Beamer who still recite it like prophecy...

Do you honestly think Beamer has been saying that, or anything like that, or are you joking?

Through plenty of fault of my own, and in part due to everything becoming a rabbit hole, lots of people never know what I'm saying. Arguments just become twisted strawmen on every side.

I find myself nearly always agreeing with you and you're one of the regulars here who is least likely to jump to an extreme - and also who understands that not being one extreme doesn't mean you are another; disagreeing with a gamer-biased post doesn't mean you're publisher-biased.

If those who disagree with you - and there are a few - don't even understand what you're saying, it's hard to see what relevance their counter arguments have. It's like a creationist saying "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" - if you don't have any understanding of what's beng discussed, your argument is just a waste of everyone's time.

(Checking your post history, not entirely sure what Axis was referring to but what you say about sales figures is true AFAIK. Not quite the same as saying PC gaming will die and miles away from saying PC gaming is dead.)

- Quboid

4. Re: Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details Jan 15, 2014, 16:09 Quboid

Axis wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:36:
Quboid wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:31:
And yet we're still seeing "PC's are DEAD" articles and their hopeless buffoonery console minions pop up...

Are we? This has long been a cliché but I don't remember the last time I actually saw such a headline. Of course, if Blue's simply stopped linking to them then I'd have no way of knowing.

Fortunately most have learned that it was a load of faddish hogwash -- but every now and again one pops up. Just saw one on blues bout a week ago I think, least the headline and I didn't bother to read it for obvious reasons. Then there's countless posts from a few members here like Beamer who still recite it like prophecy...

Do you honestly think Beamer has been saying that, or anything like that, or are you joking?

- Quboid

2. Re: Steam 2013 Growth and Sales Details Jan 15, 2014, 15:31 Quboid

- Quboid

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
79. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 15, 2014, 15:16 Quboid

I couldn't come up with much either, I guess EA haven't said much about it - which perhaps says as much as anything.  

- Quboid

76. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 15, 2014, 11:49 Quboid

Does anyone know SimCity's sales figures compared to expected?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access
2. Re: Next Car Game Early Access Jan 15, 2014, 09:50 Quboid

I've enjoyed this very much in the little time I've given it. I don't think I've had as much fun in a racing game since the original Track Mania.

Spectral, that video is marked private.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 09:23 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 09:03:
InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 03:35:
Why did they ban guns on planes anyway?? Guns on planes and 911 would have never happened!

My internet sarcasm detector must be broken because I almost read this as serious.

Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.

It took me a minute too, there are/were those who would mean this.

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 13, 2014, 20:18 Quboid

So the Jane's franchise was good while EA controlled it?

Times change...

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 13, 2014, 20:11 Quboid

Do these petitions tell the creators that people want a PC version, or that 650,000 and counting people are so desperate that they'll buy another half assed port?  

- Quboid

56. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 20:01 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 18:45:
Beamer wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:04:
In this case, while EA did something good for consumers, it's kind of an insult since they swore up and down that it was an impossibility.

See, only you would say something like that? They lied and now they're trying to salvage a financial mess for their own benefit and you view it as them doing something good for us poor ol' consumers. I can't even begin to fathom what it must be like walking around looking through eyes. Are you actually an alien?

This *is* good for consumers. I don't see how that's even disputable, never mind worthy of such amazement. You seem to think that Beamer said that EA's motivation for doing this was out of kindness, which I don't think he meant at all.

Edit: Beamer sort of said this already, move along.

- Quboid

52. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 18:21 Quboid

Mad Max RW, really? That sounds dreadful.

Talisorn wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:42:
Ah ... Blues News! What happened to you? You really have become to PC gaming what that bitter and twisted "No Mutants Allowed" people are to Fallout. Two and a half pages of whining and not one positive comment. Reality check: You all sound like a bunch of self-entitled little bitches. GROW UP!

Well all I can say is FINALLY I can get to play this game as I wanted to play. It may be late in the day, but at least I now get to play.

I tried to be positive in my comment but in attempting to be measured in my positivity, I remembered all the other problems this game has. I do give EA credit for this but they're not getting much. It certainly doesn't make up for forcing the needless always-online bullshit in the first place, never mind the deep problems with the simulation which (bar the first couple of weeks' connection problems) are an even more serious problem.

I STILL can not play this game as I wanted to play, because even with offline play the game I wanted to play and believed I had bought still doesn't exist.

- Quboid

13. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 10:26 Quboid

It's something. It's more than I expected, as was the free game, but I doubt modders can do much about the fundamentally flawed simulation system. If it can only handle about 20,000 actual sims before falling apart then larger map sizes aren't going to be much use.

Congratulations guys, now no one can say SimCity literally couldn't be worse.

- Quboid

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
37. Re: Exactly.... Jan 9, 2014, 11:25 Quboid

The first commercial release will probably be 1920x1080. It might be 2560x1440 if it's cost effective in time but I can't see it being higher than that for a few years - and that's the whole unit, not per eye.

If it's true that you need to be maintaining around 90 FPS for this to be properly responsive and immersive, then anything above 1080 isn't going to be relevant for a while any way, at least on my system. Pushing it up to 1440p or 2160p/4K isn't going to benefit me a great deal if textures, models, view distances and suchlike are turned way down.

Maybe in a few years, the Oculus Rift 2 will come out with a 4K display (1920x2160 per eye) and we'll have dual Nvidia Geforce 990 16 GB graphics cards to push it. I can understand waiting for this - although by then maybe you'll have an 8K monitor and not want to downgrade again - but I believe that they are making what is realistically the best they can make with the available hardware both to make the device and for us to feed the device pixels.

I think that the Rift 1 will be flawed and might prove more of a novelty than anything but there are signs that the technology is getting there and if the Rift shows signs of sustained success, expect the Rift 2 to be joined by an Nvidia SHIELD HMD and a Razor Cobra UHD HMD and so on. I hope the Oculus Rift is a good device in its own right but what I really hope is that it proves that the technology is good enough or very close.

- Quboid

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Five
9. Re: GOG.com Turns Five Jan 8, 2014, 23:39 Quboid

Wait, didn't GOG go bust a couple of years ago?

Congratulations guys. Treating your customers with respect, what an innovative business model.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 8, 2014, 23:33 Quboid

mag wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 22:57:
nin wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 21:33:

Sony may say the PS4's early sales lead over the Xbox One isn't a big deal, but looking at the past console generation its likely a sign of the PS4 outselling the Xbox One comfortably if not considerably once this generation is over.

If the past is any indication of the future, considering the PS3 was released 1 year after the Xbox 360 (Nov 2006 vs Nov 2005) yet today they're both sitting on about 80 million sales, things are looking very good for Sony this time round with the consoles released at about the same time yet the PS4 is already ahead by a noteworthy amount (4.2 vs 3.0 million, Xbox One is only at 70% of PS4 sales).

I hope you're right, but it's only been two months.

The one ace Sony has in their sleeve right now is Japan, which goes live next month. That will be a nice boost for them, and it's an area MS has yet to get a decent foothold in.

The PS4 hasn't released in Japan yet? Holy crap, I had no idea.

I'm surprised to learn that too, I would have thought Japan would get it first. Do their Japanese customers not feel pissed off, or do they have no choice? Maybe they're getting Xbones and MS will dominate Japan while Sony dominates the US.

- Quboid

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games
30. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 21:42 Quboid

nin wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 21:34:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 20:08:
OMFG do we really have to listen to carmack yap on for another 20 years????

Why not? We have to listen to you. Not to mention Carmack being a million times more interesting than you.

There's websites out there* which don't trace their very existence to this man. Maybe you should try one of those, Reagle?

*apparently

- Quboid

4316 Comments. 216 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo