Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4252 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
61. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 13:03 Quboid

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 12:59:
What they should have done is give this away during the last 3 hours of the sale. Not right smack in the middle.

They should put the extra load on the servers when people are checking out the last deals and when people can't just drop back in later?

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 12:40 Quboid

This was a nice thread until you said someone was full of shit. You make baby Santa cry.  

- Quboid

50. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 11:46 Quboid

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:39:
Beamer wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 19:36:
Wasn't someone arguing with me during the SimCity debacle that steam.never has unplanned downtime?

contrary to what some here say, building capacity to fluke peaks is idiotic.

A fluke peak, sure. The Steam sales aren't a fluke peak. They know damn full well that their concurrent usage goes through the roof during the Steam sales, and yet they refuse to prepare for it. (because they know that people will just keep trying until they get through.)

It means more profit for them, but it's a shitty way to treat your customers.

Those of you who still believe that Valve/Steam cares about customer service can now gently lay that myth to rest.

I think =JpS=SgtRock has probably nailed it, it might not be enough to simply add more hardware. They're sure to lose some business over this, I nearly didn't bother to download L4D2 (which presumably they want, even though there's no money directly involved).

This is something they need to deal with should have dealt with and one would assume they're not anticipating server demands to decrease in future.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2013, 11:57 Quboid

Merry Christmas everyone!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings over Flanders Fields
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wings over Flanders Fields Dec 24, 2013, 19:44 Quboid

It seems like a very good flight sim. I've no idea why I kept my CFS3 CDs (yes, CDs!) but it's just as well. I'd like to know what why it needs CFS3 at this point, it looks and runs like a modern flight sim.

FYI, you don't need to bother installing CFS3, you just need the disc(s).

- Quboid

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
12. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 24, 2013, 16:10 Quboid

JaguarUSF wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 20:44:
Quboid wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 19:02:
I got a Steam code and upon activation, Next Car Game was added to my games list. There's a 380MB download from their site (as well as the 117MB free demo) and a 1.2GB download on Steam so I've no idea what's what.

The 380 MB download is the technology demo, seen here. The Steam download is the pre-alpha with the demolition derby and races, seen here.

Thanks. I didn't realise there was a playable game yet so that's a nice surprise and is more fun than any racing game I've played since Track Mania 1 (never got into the follow-ups). During Destruction Derbies, I've found that I've got an uncanny ability to go Leroy Jenkins into a crowd of cars and miss absolutely every one of them. I should try dodgeball.

The expanded physics test is even more fun. I'm sure the novelty will wear off but firing black holes at AI drivers is fun.

- Quboid

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
8. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 23, 2013, 19:02 Quboid

Sold!

(I'm not paid by either Bug Bear or Nerd^3)

Edit: it actually is on Steam, although there's no store page. I got a Steam code and upon activation, Next Car Game was added to my games list. There's a 380MB download from their site (as well as the 117MB free demo) and a 1.2GB download on Steam so I've no idea what's what.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 19:08.

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
34. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 11:51 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:03:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:16:
If you're agreeing with that tool than you're just as bad as he is. How dumb are you? This is entirely about personal tastes and personal ideas about what constitute value, and those are subjective.

When you post your subjective opinion about taste and sales discounts on the internet you open it up to people criticizing it. No one has to respect your opinion, there isn't a law or rule that says your opinion is some special entity that everyone else must tap dance around so we don't offend you.

If you don't like the sales then buy things somewhere else, there have been a ton of great sales on all digital services this winter so you really shouldn't be lacking for opportunity unless you're just whining.

Discussion of the subject, yes, but to say his opinion is objectively wrong is wrong. He made an (implied) subjective comment and Jerykk said "The lack of objectivity some people display is astounding." - while agreeing with Cutter makes me feel deeply uncomfortable, naturally, a subjective list isn't trying to be objective. The criticism is that it fails to be something that it isn't trying to be.

You don't have to respect his opinion but you do have to recognise that it is his opinion.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Dec 22, 2013, 09:42 Quboid

Apparently Rise Of Flight is more of a flight simulator with many aircraft and authentic paint jobs. OFF (and presumably WOFF) is more of a combat simulator with a good dynamic campaign and front line.  

- Quboid

7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 22, 2013, 09:32 Quboid

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 04:09:
Wings Over Flanders Fields on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Wow. I've been playing the WOFF mod for about 3 years now. I had no idea it was going commercial! Absolutely wonderful WW1 flight sim. Red Baron fans need to get this one. (CFS3 can be had on ebay or *ahem* shared on the net).

I'm not sure, the mod was Over Flanders Field whereas the commercial release is Wings: Over Flanders Field - is this correct? How does it compare to Rise Of Flight, the other CFS3-mod WW1 flight sim?

- Quboid

2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 21, 2013, 22:43 Quboid

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 15:22:
btw nice screenshot in that gamespot review.. Gorgeous

It isn't X Rebirth's inauthentic view of space that should anger you; it's that this sequel is a galactic collision of unparalleled scale, an interstellar parade of bad ideas badly executed. Just as the observable universe has no center, neither does space exploration game X Rebirth find a foundation from which to grow outward, and I am unsure how to begin describing its failures. I can only begin at the quantum level, pulling out each particle and analyzing its deficiencies.

haha 2/10 ... ouch!

Is X Rebirth supposed to be Idiocracy in space? That would seem to explain a lot.

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 11:57 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 10:00:
PHJF wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 08:28:
Bahaha, I'd never heard of that Worth A Buy before. Pretty damn good and under 5k views???

Wow watching the X Rebirth video I am laughing my ass off here. This is how video game reviews should be done.

He's pretty good, I added him to my growing list of subscribed YouTube reviewers after seeing his X Rebirth video.

I can't quite place his accent; I know it is north-east England or Scotland but no sure exactly.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 21:35 Quboid

WaltC wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 15:11:
Quboid wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 13:57:
That Mac Pro was assembled in the USA. Cutter, how many of the manufacturers you buy from can even say that?

Assembled in the USA--made in China. (You forgot about that, I guess.) Every Windows computer in my home since 1995 has been assembled in the USA--assembled by me, personally, as I cherry-pick the hardware components and order them separately and "assemble" them myself. Assembling is one thing, manufacturing a component is quite another, isn't it?

(Man, the RDF is really deep in this thread...;) Keep it coming guys, always entertaining!)

I didn't forget anything, I simply pointed out that it's not entirely done outside the US (and that this is more than some). Nothing else.

The main point was how ridiculous Cutter's criticism of Apple appears to be. Unless he's made sure none of his possessions are also made outside the US, it's getting hypocritical to bang on about it so much.

I thought he was joking at first, now I think it's only about 50% joking at most. His largely incoherent ramble doesn't clear that up; Cutter, seriously, what? Do you own a phone? Who made it? Who made your mouse? Who made your monitor?

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2013, 21:56.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 13:57 Quboid

That Mac Pro was assembled in the USA. Cutter, how many of the manufacturers you buy from can even say that?  

- Quboid

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 13:57 Quboid

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 13:39:
1badmf wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 13:35:
haha wasn't that exactly how The Last of Us started? hope you're stocked up on your antifungals blue!

Maybe, just maybe, he's already been turned and is trying to lull people into a false sense of security by saying everything's fine.

We'd be foolish not to kill him a little bit, just in case.

- Quboid

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 13:19 Quboid

I'm not complaining, but there hasn't been nearly enough time.

And now the Space Engineers alpha has added explosives. So much to do!

- Quboid

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 13:10 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 13:02:
And the Steam Winter Sale started... with regular prices?! The start page seems to be broken atm, I guess we'll be seeing the real prices soon.

Whoa, price cuts all over the place for me. Didn't their Autumn sale end about 45 minutes ago?

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 18, 2013, 20:52 Quboid

i agree its very danggggggggg

----
Sent from my AppleŠ iPadŽ

- Quboid

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 11:19 Quboid

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:17:
Oh boy! Heads are gonna role.

Who's got popcorn? I'm definitely going to need popcorn.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
9. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:36 Quboid

This was inevitable and I wouldn't read anything into the project from this, but it is a little bit funny.  

- Quboid

4252 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo