Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4195 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 18, 2013, 20:52 Quboid

i agree its very danggggggggg

----
Sent from my Apple© iPad®

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 11:19 Quboid

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:17:
Oh boy! Heads are gonna role.

Who's got popcorn? I'm definitely going to need popcorn.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
9. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:36 Quboid

This was inevitable and I wouldn't read anything into the project from this, but it is a little bit funny.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2013, 09:02 Quboid

BitWraith wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 08:44:
When did Cameron become a shit film maker exactly? Was it right after he made T2? Or Aliens? Or Titanic?

I don't think there's ever been a director who has had more success with such a short filmography. Avatar wasn't Citizen Kaine, but it was a competent movie.

It's a reaction to his success, as much as anything. I dislike Avatar and Titanic's painfully shallow characters and the way the bad guys use every decision and every line of dialogue to transparently reinforce their bad-guy status to the audience. However, there are of course a great many films that are a great deal worse but which aren't such a convenience reference.

I'm sure the same accusation could be made at T2, Aliens and True Lies; the enjoyable body of his work. However, they're different styles and don't try to push themselves as some sort of ultra serious film making in the way that Titanic and Avatar seem to be. That's got a fair bit to do with it, if Titanic and Avatar had been sold as purely popcorn flicks then I'd have less of a problem. However, when you compare your film about Smurf-Pocahontas in Space to The Godfather, you're claiming it is something more than a summer blockbuster.

I'm surprised Ridley Scott is mentioned as a worse director. Emperor Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) from Gladiator is Cameron-level of shallow and has the same problem were every moment on screen is spent screaming "I'M THE BADDIE! DON'T ROOT FOR ME!" but apart from this film, I think he's done excellent work.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 16, 2013, 20:27 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:23:
Okay early returns are SteamOS Performance = Win 8.1 performance. Is this considered good or bad?

That's pretty good IMHO, for the first public beta. No miraculous frame rate improvement but that was never likely to happen.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2013, 20:22 Quboid

The plot was 1 dimensional, the characters were 1 dimensional and the dialogue was 1 dimensional. That makes it a 3D movie, right?

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 16, 2013, 19:35 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 18:34:
Quboid wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 16:47:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 13:33:
The First NVIDIA GeForce Benchmarks On The SteamOS Beta.

Those are interesting, but what I really want to see is performance from actual games, not just benchmark.

I want to see performance in SteamOS compared to Windows in otherwise identical situations.

Well, that would be ideal, but that is a lot of extra testing. I would settle to know that it plays Far Cry 3 on a 660Ti at 1080P at 80 frames per sec or whatever.

True, but without that testing these are useless to me.

"To me" being the key. They're not testing what I'm looking for and it's not that their benchmarks are flawed - just not what I was wanting to see.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 19:32 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 18:36:
Quboid wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 15:32:
That's what they want you to think! Or are you one of them?!

I don't see what's in it for them. Use this as an excuse to demand more funding and more convenient laws? Incite revolution to create nice juicy contracts for the military industrial complex?

What do you mean create? The MIC is already a trillion dollar a year operation. It can't get any juicier. Hell, it's not even affordable as it is now.

I mean create new, additional contracts, not create the industry. It doesn't matter if it's affordable as long as the 1% bleed the rest as much as possible before the current crop die off.

I'm honestly not sure how much I'm joking any more

- Quboid

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
30. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 19:29 Quboid

JayDeath wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 18:10:
I want the SA already. This game was supposed to be launched sometime in the beginning of the year and now they announce this early access shit? I'm taking that as the devs aren't anywhere near done with the game. That's why I'm annoyed. And no, as much as I love this game, I refuse to buy into this early access scheme.

That's exactly it, they aren't anywhere near done. If it wasn't this, it wouldn't be released much sooner. You're annoyed at the delay but that's got little to do with early access. I expect early access slows down development a bit as it's more to do and I suspect it's of limited use in terms of finding bugs but it won't slow them down much and the game wouldn't be ready anyway.

In many cases (probably not this) it wouldn't be released at all as the funding is needed to finance development. By-passing meddling publishers is a good thing but that can only be done if the developers have money before releasing the game.

I don't mind early access. I mind early access games being released as final products; Day One Garry's Incident and X Rebirth for example.

- Quboid

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
1. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 15:35 Quboid

"We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle"

What % of players understand not to bitch? What % of players report any issues?

50%/20% feels optimistic.

- Quboid

14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 15:32 Quboid

Verno wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 14:18:
Snowden was a small guy. There is no way he could have ever gotten that much insight as he did without some serious helping and pushing.

He did have major help, just not the conspiracy doodle stuff you're thinking of. He was very successful in using his personality to get others login information through social engineering and to obtain higher clearance levels for himself. The NSA went through an extensive internal review afterward and determined that civilian contractors had almost unfettered access to so much information that they decided to blow up all third party hires and start over.

That's what they want you to think! Or are you one of them?!

I don't see what's in it for them. Use this as an excuse to demand more funding and more convenient laws? Incite revolution to create nice juicy contracts for the military industrial complex?

- Quboid

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 11:56 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 10:28:
You might as well be trying to fix the weather. What a crock...

My hopes could barely be lower but this is better than nothing.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2013, 16:50 Quboid

1badmf wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 16:38:
Mordhaus wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 14:25:
Peter O'toole died yesterday. Sad weekend.

damn. watch The Lion In Winter if you haven't already - one of the great film performances of all time imo, from the whole cast including peter. i think i'll watch it again when i get home from work.

His performance in The Night of the Generals is one of the finest I've ever seen. I haven't seen The Lion In Winter yet.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 15, 2013, 16:47 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 13:33:
The First NVIDIA GeForce Benchmarks On The SteamOS Beta.

Those are interesting, but what I really want to see is performance from actual games, not just benchmark.

I want to see performance in SteamOS compared to Windows in otherwise identical situations.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 16:41 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 16:09:
It's not like that money is expanding Brian Fargo's fleet of private jets or renovating his mansion. The game is still in development and has a long way to go. They don't have a publisher around to provide milestone payments. Anything extra they get now means employees are paid for longer and the final game is that much better.

I was wondering about that. How much is Chris Roberts, as the most high profile case, earning? How much of that $35m+ is he taking home and how much is he entitled to take home?

I don't begrudge anyone a fair wage even if they have money (I've no idea if he does) and I wouldn't begrudge him making a few million if the game fulfils its potential, in addition to presumably owning a large chuck of a valuable company. However, making beyond a decent living wage before delivering seems rather against the spirit of crowd funding.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 23:19 Quboid

Speaking of TotalBiscuit, there's something in this interview that he's alluded to:
it's not about making more money, it was actually about saving people's time when doing the grind

Grind. Saving people's time when doing the grind.

This from the game's creative director.

GAMES SHOULD NOT HAVE GRIND. GRIND IS NOT A GOOD THING.

Grind in a single player game is EXACTLY WHY these microtransactions SUCK.

Grind is never a good thing but this is disgraceful. This is a design decision that reduced the enjoyment of the game in an attempt to get more money out of the player. Even if he didn't intend it this way (and I don't believe him), plenty of people in the decision chain intended it.

How ridiculous is that, really? "Here's the game for $60 and for another $5 you get to not play the deliberately not enjoyable bit that we put in solely to inconvenience you. Thank you for shopping from Microsoft, fuck you."

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2013, 20:56 Quboid

The legal blurb on that article doesn't clear much up for me. So it's no unsolicited, that doesn't apply. Great, but what does apply?

I thought the item had to be returned, but it becomes yours after 6 months if the sender doesn't ask for it back or in 1 month if you contact the sender. Maybe this is out of date.

I can understand them wanting the Vitas back but they didn't have to be dicks about it. Offer a £25 gift card or something and only break out the lawyers if anyone resists.

- Quboid

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
45. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 09:19 Quboid

NetHead wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:02:
Qbex . wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:23:
"dumbed down"? we talking full lobotomy here.....

Now you've left with this...
maps

That map on the left is Doom, isn't it.

E1M6, I think. Maybe E1M7.

- Quboid

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 18:24 Quboid

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:11:
Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:05:
Simon, what do you think would happen if, say, CoD players on the PS4 could play with proper KB&M support?

Here's what I think would happen:
1) A few PS4 CoD players use a desk or whatever and get KB&M. I'd guess 5%, max.
2) These players get 10:1 K/D ratios, at least
3) The 95% of players get annoyed. Do they:
a) Rearrange their console and their living space and buy a KB&M?
b) Play Battlefield instead?
c) Play on the Xbone instead?

I think options B and C would be chosen about 10x as often option A. Why would the makers of Call of Duty want this? Why would the makers of the PS4 want this? Of course I can only guess how many would use KB&M and how others would react. Maybe you think I'm way out?

We already have separate servers for people who want KB&M, or any of numerous other advantages. That's what the PC does.

Real gamers use whatever the fuck they want; PC, console, mac, smartphone, any combination.

You either adapt or you get killed. I prefer to adapt, you prefer to whine, I respect your choice...

You adapt by satisfying as many customers as you can. You die if you piss them off. Microsoft and Sony are still here, your console would have bombed.

I'm trying to explain what I think are your errors and I have little interest in what console players use. My choice is KB&M so I honestly don't know what you're talking about but claiming anyone who disagrees with you is whining is, well, it's whining.

- Quboid

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 18:05 Quboid

Simon, what do you think would happen if, say, CoD players on the PS4 could play with proper KB&M support?

Here's what I think would happen:
1) A few PS4 CoD players use a desk or whatever and get KB&M. I'd guess 5%, max.
2) These players get 10:1 K/D ratios, at least
3) The 95% of players get annoyed. Do they:
a) Rearrange their console and their living space and buy a KB&M?
b) Play Battlefield instead?
c) Play on the Xbone instead?

I think options B and C would be chosen about 10x as often option A. Why would the makers of Call of Duty want this? Why would the makers of the PS4 want this? Of course I can only guess how many would use KB&M and how others would react. Maybe you think I'm way out?

We already have separate servers for people who want KB&M, or any of numerous other advantages. That's what the PC does.

Real gamers use whatever the fuck they want; PC, console, mac, smartphone, any combination.

- Quboid

4195 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo