Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4499 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
8. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 11:00 Quboid

UPlay doesn't run when the game isn't running. Perhaps I'm misremembering but I don't remember seeing UPlay run except when playing Far Cry 3 and I didn't jump through many hoops to do this. That's a big plus IMHO. Although Origin's a decent client it expects to be running all the time and requires system-tray vigilance.

Steam's fine because most of the games I play are on there and there's value to having it run (background downloads, friend list/chat) but there's only one Origin title I regularly play and there's only a couple of patches a year.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 09:00 Quboid

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 07:45:
Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 19:48:
I'd try that Bus sim if it was something reasonable like $5. $30? Smoke some more crack.
My thoughts exactly.
As for driving ETS2 with mouse and keyboard, yeah that is not easy.
You need at least a 360 controller or a steering wheel for that game.

I've picked ETS2 up for $10 or so a while back and put about 16 hrs into it so far. Way more time than I play a lot more expensive games I own.

The Steam tags are interesting. I haven't played it but I'm not sure this is really representative:
Horror
Hardcore
Gore
Simulation
Masterpiece
bus
Post-apocalyptic
Kawaii
Nudity

You play as an adorable, naked bus driver who realistically drives around the charred remains of a city, smashing your way through terrifying mutants?

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 7, 2014, 20:26 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 18:35:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 18:02:
ETS2 for teh WINS

Something oddly relaxing about that game. Bizarre...

I don't understand it either but damn is it soothing. I always liked driving in traffic in GTA, Midnight Club, even that old Italian Job game that no one else played. ETS2 properly makes a game of just this aspect by making it challenging. That's part of it but I don't know why this is so relaxing.

I've been too busy to use my Oculus Rift in the last few days but ETS2 is one title I intend to try. I gave it a go and my initial impressions are very good but the resolution is a big problem.

- Quboid

News Comments > DayZ Plans
9. Re: DayZ Plans Apr 6, 2014, 08:53 Quboid

MajorD wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 18:27:
They need to address the X-Axis mouse issue is what they need to address.

Anyone else have that issue, and if so, do you know of a fix? The issue renders the game pretty much unplayable.

Arma 2 has some sort of mouse deceleration which stopped me from enjoying it. Arma 3 improves this greatly but AFAIK Day Z is based entirely on Arma 2.

I tried fixing it through the config files with no luck, qsto will Day Z add anything that Arma 2 didn't have?

- Quboid

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
12. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 5, 2014, 10:36 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 10:10:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 23:57:
NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 21:25:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 20:16:
Steam really does have serious volumes of junk on it. A game being on Steam used to mean a certain level of quality.

One man's junk is another man's treasure. I'd rather be able to buy games I like, than be restricted to only games you (or some random Valve overlords) like.
I agree. More selection is better. It's easy enough to filter.

+3. No different than wading through things here. Bada Bing!

It used to be different, that's what I miss.

Steam could sort this out via interface changes. Take early access games off the front page and don't list as "new release" games which got released a decade ago.

I'd rather these weren't on Steam just to reduce their influence. It's not healthy having Steam do everything and there's precious little they don't have their finger in.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2014, 09:14 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 20:54:
Well, DUH.

If they allowed this, next thing you know some game maker would trademark Candy or Saga. Madness!

To be fair to Google, them trademarking Glass in these circumstances makes much, much more sense than what King got away with - very much intended to be damning with faint praise.

- Quboid

7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 4, 2014, 21:56 Quboid

NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 21:25:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 20:16:
Steam really does have serious volumes of junk on it. A game being on Steam used to mean a certain level of quality.

One man's junk is another man's treasure. I'd rather be able to buy games I like, than be restricted to only games you (or some random Valve overlords) like.

It's good that many games that have been greenlit, are on early access or are part of back catalogues uploaded en masse are available somewhere (although some simply aren't fit for sale). IMHO it's a shame that Steam has become the place for them, I liked being able to look at Steam's front page and maybe see something interesting.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 4, 2014, 20:23 Quboid

"You’ve bought Minecraft for Xbox 12m times. Thanks."

THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT!

I'm going to need to contact my credit card company

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't RTFA.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2014, 20:33.

- Quboid

4. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 4, 2014, 20:16 Quboid

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:46:
I thought steam greenlights was being discontinued?

I think this is that process; the remaining games are being released in batches like this.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
72. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 19:38 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:56:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:16:
Look how easily upset you get, Beamer. Gay marriage is not your problem.

Hey Max, I read your article. This is what it says at the bottom:

This post originally wrongly claimed in error that Eich’s tax return became public after a leak from the Internal Revenue Service. We apologize for the error.

The question I've always wondered is, if you're not supposed to feed the mogwai after midnight, when is it safe to feed the mogwai again?????

This is the real issue. It's downright irresponsible to sell a mogwai without making this clear. I assume it is sunrise but it would make more sense if you couldn't feed them after sunset. Is it exactly midnight? Do they read clocks? How do they operate in the wild, is eating after midnight a rite of passage to prove you're ready for adulthood*?

* I don't mean to rip off Cracked.com but they made pretty much the same point in one of their After Hours videos.

- Quboid

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Next Week
3. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Next Week Apr 4, 2014, 17:14 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 16:14:
Wish I had waited for the bargain bin on this. Will never pre-buy from TT again.

I won't buy another TT game until a whole season is out. Months between episodes is too long and I can't help feeling that by waiting, I'll both avoid this delay and probably get it cheaper.

It's a really good game. For some reason I enjoy it a lot more than The Walking Dead Season 1. I wasn't familiar with either setting's lore but zombies are rather tired. Understanding what sort of game it was probably helped, TWD wasn't what I expected. I should finish it.

- Quboid

64. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 12:58 Quboid

Orogogus wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:25:
InBlack wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 06:27:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 05:59:
What does "compulsory contraception" even mean? Like, a chastity belt? You use words like "compulsory" when a more accurate term would seem to be "wildly unenforceable."

If there were a better way to enact something like this than forced abortions, China would be doing it.

You are being obtuse on purpose. There are chemical contraceptives which are fairly efficient and they have been in use since the 50s. A number of surgical reversible methods also exist. Also what China is doing is also something vastly different then what Im suggesting since their interest is in controlling population growth.

I'm really not. Whatever method you use to limit potential parents is going to work for controlling population growth.

Those chemical methods -- I assume you're referring to the hormonal treatments -- have potentially fatal side effects and contraindications, and they put all the burden on women. The surgical treatments damage your chances of having a child after you get them reversed, on top of the risks inherent in surgery. On top of which, "civilized" countries don't really have procedures to compel every adult man and woman to submit to medicine (especially the daily pill) or surgery. Without that, people are going to end up having children accidentally -- never mind the people doing it on purpose -- and then the question is what this system is going to do about it.

I can't imagine there's any way to legislate this without it being incredibly creepy, but it would be nice if sex was a bit more complicated. Enough so if you're drunk, it would be too complicated to actually conceive even if you wanted to at that moment. This is pretty much the opposite of how evolution works so don't get your hopes up.

- Quboid

58. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 10:40 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:38:
A liberal resorting to flailing his arms around and screaming? I am shocked!

Every thing you have put forward has been disproved. There's nothing left for us to disprove so there's really nothing else for us to say. If you neither put forward an argument nor concede, that's really all that's left.

- Quboid

55. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 10:38 Quboid

I was wondering how to respond to that. Beamer, that was pretty much my internal monologue.

Mad Max, how dare you try to suppress OK Cupid's freedom of speech!

- Quboid

51. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 10:27 Quboid

Unless he donated or voted for Prop 8, or any equivalent, he's done nothing remotely hypocritical.  

- Quboid

49. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 10:22 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:16:
Look how easily upset you get, Beamer. Gay marriage is not your problem.

No, I'm pretty sure his problem is idiots insulting him armed with nothing but bullshit.

- Quboid

46. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 09:42 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:39:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:38:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:37:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:29:
More importantly, you don't have to contribute money to something to support it.

But that rule doesn't apply to Eich's $1,000 donation?

Er? That rule isn't relevant.

According to who? Are you the morality police? Beamer?

According to the language that we're communicating in. Morality has nothing to do with that line. People who do give money have nothing to do with that line.

- Quboid

44. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 09:38 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:37:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:29:
More importantly, you don't have to contribute money to something to support it.

But that rule doesn't apply to Eich's $1,000 donation?

Er? That rule isn't relevant.

- Quboid

42. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 09:29 Quboid

A line thrown into an article on what looks like a really partisan site isn't a source. That whole site is a waste of electrons. Reading sites like that (left-wing or right-wing) make you much less informed.

More importantly, you don't have to contribute money to something to support it. That makes my skin crawl. You think that someone's views should correlate with their income? "Oh interesting opinion but you don't have any money so I don't give a shit". "Oh interesting opinion but you're not buying off politicians so clearly you don't really care". "Oh interesting opinion but saying one thing and not throwing money at it makes you a hypocrite for some reason".

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 22:07 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 22:02:
Excellent vid. There is only one thing any "psychic" has to do to prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are the real deal. And that is provide me the forthcoming winning numbers to the next major lotto jackpot. If they can do that, I'm a believer. Funny how none of them have managed this simple feat. Shit, you can talk to the dead but can't pull a few winning numbers out of the air? That should be child's play.

I agree with you Cutter. In fact, it's so easy for them to make a million bucks. You might even say that it's unbelievable that no one has taken this easy money:
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Edit:

And that's why you watch the video before commenting.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2014, 22:12.

- Quboid

4499 Comments. 225 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo