Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 3921 (Veteran)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
301. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 21:01 Quboid

Yep, that never happened before. Before New Labour opened the borders and pushed health care and benefits on anyone they could, everyone in London got along fine. You've seen Mary Poppins? It was adorable!  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
29. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:47 Quboid

Angry Joe is like Stephen Colbert - he lays it on so thick that 5 minute bursts can be funny but no more. I like TB, he covers games that Yahtzee doesn't and his 'WTF is' videos are more informative. He's more of a reviewer than an entertainer, I'm surprised you see TB as the character of the two.

Any recommendations for others? The subtly named Game Wank did funny reviews of Far Cry 3 and Faster Than Light, I don't know if they've done others. I'd like someone like TB but who does more mainstream games; Arma, EU4, Deus Ex. Full price PC games.

- Quboid

298. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 20:40 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 20:12:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:39:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:30:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:27:
You might need to brush up on what an arbitration court is before we have this conversation.

Two people go to a respected member of their community whom they both trust to settle a dispute. WE'RE DOOMED.

It's not needed in the first place. If they live in Brittan theres this little thing called British law.

Why go to that expense? Do you think this is somehow unique to Muslims? Or for that matter, do you think it's ubiquitous for Muslims? Do you think it's obligatory for Muslims?

If they don't like the decision then they can take it to court unless they signed a legal document before the arbitration to make it binding. In either case, it's British law.

Edit: You're far from the only person to confuse the names here. There is an excellent video here which explains even more than I knew. Anyone living in Northern Ireland - in the UK but not Britain - knows more about this than most.

Since you missed it the first time. This is what's going on in the streets of London. To think your leaders could have stopped it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN6CHtGGo4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFzrEIzoHE

Since you missed it the first time:
Extreme elements including anyone who treats others as sub human are not acceptable. However, much like not all liberals are alike, not all Muslims are alike.

Those incidents are messed up but they're not representative of the UK. I wouldn't entirely trust RT anyway, they're funded by a government who have a bit of a history with Islamic countries and are still to this day very much showing bigotry.

- Quboid

294. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:44 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:39:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:30:
You might need to brush up on what an arbitration court is before we have this conversation.

Two people go to a respected member of their community whom they both trust to settle a dispute. WE'RE DOOMED.

It's not needed in the first place. If they live in Brittan theres this little thing called British law.

Why go to that expense? Do you think this is somehow unique to Muslims? Or for that matter, do you think it's ubiquitous for Muslims? Do you think it's obligatory for Muslims?

If they don't like the decision then they can take it to court unless they signed a legal document before the arbitration to make it binding. In either case, it's British law.

Edit: You're far from the only person to confuse the names here. There is an excellent video here which explains even more than I knew. Anyone living in Northern Ireland - in the UK but not Britain - knows more about this than most.

- Quboid

290. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:30 Quboid

- Quboid

21. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 19:27 Quboid

Riker wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:50:
Monetization? Because it's posted on YouTube?

Fuck you, Wild Games Studio.

TotalBiscuit's job is his YouTube videos, I think it's fair to describe it as monetized and I don't think TB disputes that. He's giving the money from the original DOGI video and his response video to the EFF.

- Quboid

286. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:16 Quboid

I really think we're close to sorting this out once and for all guys.  

- Quboid

285. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:13 Quboid

Extreme elements including anyone who treats others as sub human are not acceptable. However, much like not all liberals are alike, not all Muslims are alike. Just like how not all conservatives are alike or how not all Christians or Atheists are alike.

You just can not get your mind around such nuances. Your understanding of other points of view is as simplistic as your understanding of finance. Much easier to plaster a label on lots of people and understand them in a manner that suits you, or the talking head you listen to.

- Quboid

281. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 18:10 Quboid

I said you are only worth mocking or ignoring. Talking about Sharia law in the UK is very much in the 'ignore' category. You know effectively nothing about the US never mind abroad. Likewise, you obviously know effectively nothing about economics with claims about 100% fact about a sweeping generalisation and is as far removed from reality as the rest of your comments.  

- Quboid

1. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 17:46 Quboid

Good. Good for Wild Games Studios, seeing sense and correcting their innocent mistake. Full credit to them. I must check out this game on Steam.

Is what I'd say if I was a gullible moron. I'm definitely setting myself up for a joke here!

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 17:40 Quboid

I get where you're coming from Yosemite Sam, but Blue is the only person on here with anything like enough actual information to make that call.  

- Quboid

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
11. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:37 Quboid

If these are "game ready", what were their other drivers? This is like Samsung selling the Galaxy S3 as "designed for humans".

Trevellian wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 17:09:
I've had no problem with any of the drivers. I find it odd how many people have.

That's always baffled me. I think I've had about half a dozen driver issues since I got my first 3DFX Voodoo and most of those have been minor graphic glitches.

- Quboid

277. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 17:29 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:22:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:06:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:02:
just the rich elite and the rest of us poor. Maybe that's the equality those on the left strive for.

Ah yes, the left and their tax cuts for the rich and sod the poor. Just look at those Occupy folks and their demands for the financial services to be cut some slack. You're funny.

Yeah there are zero rich democrats in the world. I forgot you live in liberal/labour fantasy land. What part of the way we're going isn't sustainable isn't getting through that empty skull of yours?

OWS.. LOL what a joke. Funded by Soros. Weren't you one of the ones bitching about the Tea Party's funding?

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to complain about lefties pushing financial inequality. Your response has nothing at all to do with this and neither does Occupy's actual (complete lack of) credibility, that they exist makes a mockery of your "rich and the poor" suggestion.

Incidentally, Occupy was reported as a sort of left-wing Tea Party. Yes, they were ridiculous. Sort of like the Tea Party. I don't know about their funding and I don't remember ever questioning the Tea Party's funding here although I may have. So? I don't support Occupy, I know you struggle to understand that all liberals aren't the same but we're not.

Unlike the TP causing the shutdown, international finance isn't simple and you're not worth trying to explain this to. I think you're a racist idiot and you're only really worth mocking or ignoring.

- Quboid

275. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 16:06 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:02:
just the rich elite and the rest of us poor. Maybe that's the equality those on the left strive for.

Ah yes, the left and their tax cuts for the rich and sod the poor. Just look at those Occupy folks and their demands for the financial services to be cut some slack. You're funny.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 15:48 Quboid

The only Stronghold I've ever bought was Stronghold 2. I don't think I'm over that yet.

Is there a difference between Stronghold and Crusaders other than the setting? Which is better?

- Quboid

273. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 15:43 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 12:37:
It's simple, the TP is pushing for actual debt reform, while the Rinos continue to just cave to Obama, because the majority liberal media continues to blame congress for everything, that's what the low information voters are going to believe. I'm sure that makes some in big business nervous.

Let's see now.
the TP is pushing for actual debt reform - Economic self destruction.
while the Rinos continue to just cave to Obama - Actual, grown-up politics.
majority liberal media - The majority looks liberal when you're on the far right
continues to blame congress for everything - It (the shutdown) is their fault, specifically the TP's.
low information voters are going to believe - Calling them that doesn't make it true. Just painfully ironic.
I'm sure that makes some in big business nervous. - Economic self destruction.
It's simple - Yes. So how come you're so wrong?

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 15:31 Quboid

Ain't that the truth Creston. Losing pets have been the worst moments of my life; I know that makes me very lucky in a way but there's no getting around it, it's horrible. To lose 2 must be brutal.

I've never considered how to deal with other dogs. I can certainly see the logic to what you say Prez. jdreyer, after watching the documentary "Koko: A Talking Gorilla" on YouTube, I've become more convinced that communication is much more of a barrier than intelligence to understanding animals and unlike Koko and her poor kitten, there's no other way to tell a dog.

I'm a bit nervous about today's Into The Black. Fingers crossed.

- Quboid

News Comments > X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details
12. Re: X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details Oct 21, 2013, 15:18 Quboid

gsilver wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 14:33:
I will not preorder this one, but if they make good on their promise of making it accessible to mere mortals, I will buy for sure. I've always been fascinated by the scope and depth of the X games, and I loved Wing Commander / Privateer, but found actually playing X3:TC to be a rather frustrating experience.

Likewise. This game looks amazing but I've bought their products before, I'm waiting for feedback and probably a patch or two.

- Quboid

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
8. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 11:41 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:59:
The automated Youtube takedown system sucks so much and gets abused constantly. Unfortunately it is a necessary evil when I hear friends talking about how they watched a full length movie someone uploaded there. I have no idea why people would want to watch a movie on youtube's compressed service especially when it might disappear at any time but whatever.

It must be to YouTube's benefit to improve this. They don't look too clever here IMHO.

Perhaps some accounts could be labelled as trusted, either hand picked, or based on the most popular accounts.

If a take-down request comes in for a trusted account's video, they get 24 hours to challenge the take-down before it comes into effect.

If the content owner doesn't want to wait 24 hours, or if the account owner challenges the take-down, the content owner can file a legal DMCA take-down rather than YouTube's own take-down request system. However, the content owner would then face legal consequences if they abuse this.

(Edit: yes Creston, that's it.)

- Quboid

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
6. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 11:32 Quboid

Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 11:24:
So I haven't actually followed this incident. Can someone summarize it for me?

Video reviewer asks developer for review code and explains how he reviews games. Developer gives him review code and says on Steam forums in a separate incident that monetizing YouTube videos with DOGI content is fine. Reviewer pans game, finding fault with virtually every feature. Developer gets YouTube to take down video because it contains copyrighted material.

Even if they hadn't supplied the game and given blanket permission, this would be covered under fair use.

- Quboid

3921 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo