Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4270 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2014, 12:14 Quboid

MindStalker3 wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:50:
Archival Disc? What a stupid name. Great if your talking about a storage medium, stupid for a consumer level disc you might buy a movie on. You know they will add DRM technologies to this.

"Don't copy that Archival" doesn't make any sense.

I think that's the point, it's a storage medium for archived backups and such like. They're not really going for the consumer market bar any more. Blu-Ray is effectively the last time consumer media was the driving force behind physical media adoption, the Internet owns that now.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Archer! Mar 8, 2014, 12:00 Quboid

How good is Archer season 5? The new setting sounded it could be a shark jump.  

- Quboid

29. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 11:12 Quboid

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:22:
Quboid wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 09:57:
Why is being engaged in a conversation with someone physically beside you so much better than being engaged in a conversation with someone who isn't?

Because your behavior is showing to the person you are physically with that you'd rather be hanging out and talking with someone else, an act which is hurtful and rude? Look, I don't give a shit, and people can do what they want in this regard, but your question was far less rhetorical than you thought.

That was a general point, referring to people like Cutter's family. I then went on to talk about when out with your significant other but even still, that's a glass-half-empty point of view. It could also be showing my S.O. that although I need to talk to someone else, I'd rather be hanging out with you.

There's any number of legitimate reasons for one person to use a phone for some of the time; perhaps they're writing a text message that the other person has just spent most of the meal persuading them to send or perhaps they're checking what films are on at the nearest cinema for them to go to next. You alluded to this in a reply to Agent.X7 so I'm not entirely clear where you stand on this issue.

If one person in a couple spends much of the meal staring at their phone then it is probable that they're being rude. However, if you're keeping an eye on them enough to know that then it's definite that you're being rude both to them and to whoever you're with.

If both people are doing it ("at dinner sitting across from each other staring at their phones" - MajorD) then this is clearly something that works for them. Or they've had a massive row, in which case the distraction might be the only thing keeping them civil.

In either case, it's no one else's business and those who do let it get under their skin are, in my view, being very foolish and quite rude. Unless you get clear evidence that one person at another table is being rude without unduly examining them, then passing judgement on them is as rude as anything they could be doing.

- Quboid

27. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 09:57 Quboid

Why is being engaged in a conversation with someone physically beside you so much better than being engaged in a conversation with someone who isn't?

When you're getting grumpy at people in restaurants looking at their phones, ask yourself: who's the idiot here? Is it:

a) The person who is doing what they want and communicating with who they want, because they're not having the meal-time experience that you would want?

b) The person who is so focussed on the irrelevant actions of other diners, they seemingly get annoyed and so don't have the meal-time experience that they would want.

In my book, the people moaning about people using their phones are the fools and are often the rude ones. Some prick taking a phone call in a nice restaurant is definitely the rudest, but when it's a choice between someone quietly checking the weather forecast on their phone and Judgey McJudgerson then McJudgerson is both rude and foolish.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 8, 2014, 09:47 Quboid

Hoop wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 04:39:
Commiserations to those with family & friends on Malaysia Airlines flight 227.

AFAIK it's not clear where they are, but has there ever been a large (50+ people) flight disappear and it not end badly?

- Quboid

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 22:05 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:43:
My brother and mom are on their phones all the time. All...the...fucking...time. And it's all bullshit. They're just talking shit with people. Wasting a $100 to yammer with people about nothing all day long.

They do, I presume, have free will? They are doing this by choice? Just because it seems like a waste of time to you doesn't mean that they're not gaining some value from it.

If you don't want a cell phone that's your business but complaining about what other people are choosing to do because you wouldn't choose to do it is old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn territory.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 7, 2014, 21:10 Quboid

Reads like an embedded ad.

So why link to it?

The article has gone, perhaps Betanews weren't too impressed either.

- Quboid

News Comments > Qvadriga and Demo Released
6. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 18:17 Quboid

Going by this screenshot, I'd better wait for driver SLI support.
http://matrixgames.com/files/games/514/20140107025050.jpg

Good lane discipline, there's some things drivers around here could learn. Going by the rider at the inside of the corner with the black horses, it looks like Creston's spot on; it's a picture of a chariot team on a rectangle.

It could be fun but it's not a horse physics simulator. Goat Simulator should be more than enough for that anyway, it's brilliance more than makes up for the minor species error.

- Quboid

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed Mar 4, 2014, 12:30 Quboid

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:12:
Quboid wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:56:
Is there a recent show called Cadfael that I'm unaware of or are you watching a 1970s (at a guess) British show about a murder-solving monk in medieval England?

Yeah that's the show I love murder mystery type stuff and this one is set in medieval england with a rather unique protagonist.

I'm surprised to see it mentioned on here, you're clearly a man of taste. Cadfael is very good if you like the Agatha Christie style of slow paced detective show, which I do, and both Brother Cadfael and the setting stand out. Ellis Peters' original books are very good too, although I haven't read as many as I should.

- Quboid

9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed Mar 4, 2014, 11:56 Quboid

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:52:
I guess I should give Arkham City another shot sometime but damn, so many games to play

Yep, so many games, so little time. Yet I've got time to comment on Bluesnews.

Is there a recent show called Cadfael that I'm unaware of or are you watching a 1970s (at a guess) [edit: 1990's actually] British show about a murder-solving monk in medieval England?

If Mark Hamill doesn't want to return, they should get the actor who played ... too easy. Too soon?

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 12:33.

- Quboid

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed Mar 4, 2014, 11:49 Quboid

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:18:
Woot - Rocksteady is back!

This is what I immediately scanned the post for. It's not a guarantee but it's promising if this is your sort of thing.

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum but it didn't really make a lasting impression. I own the others but didn't get far in Arkham City and only ran Arkham Origins for the benchmarks, trying out the new graphics card which the game had been a freebie with.

I'm possibly the only person on Bluesnews who's only familiar with Batman from the Nolan trilogy so the lore is lost on me. I'm even less familiar with other comic book characters, just a handful of movies about Steel Man and Man Of Iron. I haven't even seen The Avengers!

- Quboid

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2014, 22:43 Quboid

nin wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:27:
Quboid wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:04:
It's just past 03:00 GMT. No word yet, but World War 3 might have just started in the Crimea. It's been fun guys.

Yeah! And everyone was like "We'll just wait and play GTA 5 on the pc, it'll be better!". Well guess what?! I played the whole game, and now you all don't get squat!

My biggest regret.

- Quboid

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2014, 22:04 Quboid

It's just past 03:00 GMT. No word yet, but World War 3 might have just started in the Crimea. It's been fun guys.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
15. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 21:58 Quboid

Dishonored and Thief (I think others were referring to the new one but either way) are both sneak/grab/stab games. They're not identical but they're in the same genre and sub-genre.

I tried Dishonored twice too. The first time I didn't get into it but the second time I got hooked and very much enjoyed it so Dishonored II is one to look out for. How good are Dishonored's expansion packs?

- Quboid

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
19. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 21:52 Quboid

netcode*

*carrier pigeon

This shouldn't have been a problem at launch of course but these things happen. This blog reads like it was posted a few days after release and if it was I could maybe have forgiven them but it's been over 4 months! How much of a community is left? How many haven't moved on?

With CoD showing that it may be giving up the Ghost, this was a big opportunity for Dice. Whoops.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
75. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 21:29 Quboid

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:11:
I'll take some flak for the word I used, but it's such an infuriating game at a lot of times and I don't understand those that blindly defend it or dismiss the issues present in the game.

I think the nature of reboots is that there will be partisan views. By definition a reboot will change things but also by definition there will be people who have been fans for years or decades. Some of them will be delighted to get a new game, some of them will feel angry and betrayed that the formula is being messed with.

I suppose those who stick to their initial feelings (be it pessimism or optimism) because they've convinced themselves and lost sight of reality or who think they're saving face can be described as apologists. The word can have merit but it's insulting and it typically seems to mean "someone who isn't worth listening to because I disagree with them" - which is very closed minded.

"Apologist" is insulting and dismissive but I don't know what discussions you've had. Maybe that's warranted.

- Quboid

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 3, 2014, 16:30 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:28:
Great Britain. Where mediocre games do incredibly well!

And Football Manager.

- Quboid

70. Re: Ignored Mar 3, 2014, 15:10 Quboid

MajorD wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:52:
To view this user's posts click on the username.

What did this idiot say now, anything interesting? You can't actually quote people you've (momentarily) blocked, hope you guys appreciate the amount of hard work that went into this joke.

- Quboid

59. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 11:49 Quboid

I once blocked someone because they only seemed interested in causing a fight - probably the same guy as Beamer as IIRC this guy was a bit obsessed with him. I quickly unblocked him because I found I could dismiss his guff easier by just glancing at it and moving on rather than wonder what he'd come out with and besides, much of his nonsense was appearing in quotes.

Blocking someone because you disagree with them is very lame. If a series of rows over years has left you fed up with them then I can understand simply not wanting that atmosphere any more - but if it's because you can't back up your case then you've really got to ask yourself if it's not you who's being stubborn and if/why you're unable to accept that you've got it wrong.

Blocking someone because they used to pirate games is your call but if you do this, technically you should block me and I suspect you should block 80% of people at least. I doubt I was alone in thinking nothing of borrowing floppy discs or a CD from my brothers or friends at school.

If only I'd heard the good word sooner, my soul could have been saved.

- Quboid

52. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 09:17 Quboid

harlock wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:55:
of course he does.. hes a chickenshit that cant handle anyone challenging him, so he just talks a bunch of shit and then hides behind the ignore function

You consistently respond to any slight, real or imagined, with this sort of unwarranted, grammatically dubious and barely coherent rant. It's all rather
harlock wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:55:
childish and pitiful

- Quboid

4270 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo