Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 3910 (Veteran)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
351. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2013, 13:32 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:08:
HAHAHAHAHA. HA! Welcome to the real world.

Oh God you kiddies crack me up. It will be fun watching you try to make a living after college.

How long do you have left in college, Beamer?

I'm not familiar with the Weekly Standard, let's see, top 5 headlines ... anti-democrat, anti-democrat, pro-republican, anti-democrat and anti-democrat. I can't comment on the specifics of the article (my health bills have always been $0.00) but in general, that's not the real world - that's one of those ideology affirming media sources I mentioned.

Reading sites like that (and I include left-wing equivalents) leaves you less informed than you were before visiting.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 13:18 Quboid

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:07:
I talk to my dog, cat, and bunny because if they weren't around I would be talking to myself, and that's just crazy.

I use the same coffee, Blue. I just stick the bags in the recycling bin. I had no idea they even had such a program.

With the exception of #11 (to some extent) and #14 (what's that?), I do all of those with my cat. Cats are awesome. So are dogs, we've got one of those around here too but the cat's my li'l' fellow.

I know I'm only confirming my guilt even more here but I don't see anything wrong with talking to pets. They know my voice and understand the tone; I'm sure Quincy equates my baby talk to purring and Chester equated (until he went deaf) my babbling to canine grunting.

Having said that, I seem to recalling reading a theory that baby talk, with its exaggerated style, has evolved as a technique to help babies learn to communicate. If the real reason I baby-talk to my cat is to teach him how to speak, then maybe I am just a little bit crazy.

- Quboid

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 13:00 Quboid

Here's question that's out of the blue so this seems like the place to ask it: will SteamOS games run on any PC distribution of Linux? I don't know if Valve have made this public yet.  

- Quboid

349. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2013, 09:39 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 00:19:
Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 00:04:
In general, it's a bit more expensive for people that are working with salary, aka people that can afford it, and cheaper for those that are not working with salaries, aka people that desperately need it and cannot afford it.

So you're basically confirming the point I've been making the whole time, that the people who earn a living should pay for those who refuse to. And you somehow think this is fair or logical.

You people make me fucking ill.

What illness causes the phrase "those that are not working with salaries" to turn into "those who refuse to [work]"? That sounds serious!

- Quboid

News Comments > Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a "Sleeping Company" - New Studio Fixing Ending
8. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 24, 2013, 08:48 Quboid

Valve only pull things from Steam if there's a clear case of mis-selling. A clearly unfinished game like Dark Matter, or a mis-sold game like War Z. Rightly or wrongly, Day One's bullshit wasn't to do with Steam so Valve are't getting involved.

I'd quite like shit like Day One to be taken off because by all appearances, it's not fit for sale. It's so buggy that Dark Matter is probably more complete, but Dark Matter is so very definite in it's incompleteness that Valve can't ignore it.

- Quboid

News Comments > X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details
26. Re: X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details Oct 22, 2013, 08:54 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 04:00:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 03:02:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 01:46:
When did they add the Battlestar Galactica?

Lol, i totally didnt notice that! Good catch!

Such a shame that you cant command a capital ship directly. It kinda sucks that you give orders from some medium freighter/fighter hybrid to capital ships. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

All ahead full! FUCK YEAH! Man, I hope they mod some of that into the game at some point...

I've wondered about that. It certainly sounds bad-ass but in practice, is it not a bit tedious? When playing flight sims, flying a Boeing 747 is dull compared to flying a nimble little hobby aircraft. I can't remember specifics about the X series but I vaguely remember the same feeling. Once the HUR HULK SMASH novelty goes, it's just an awkward brute.

Their pilot-one-ship feature worried me a lot when I first heard about it but I'm somewhat sold on it now. I'll make up my mind when the game is out but they've convinced me to hear them out.

- Quboid

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
35. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 22, 2013, 07:33 Quboid

Riker wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 22:51:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:27:
TotalBiscuit's job is his YouTube videos, I think it's fair to describe it as monetized and I don't think TB disputes that. He's giving the money from the original DOGI video and his response video to the EFF.
Sure, but that's his right. Do they think that reviewers are doing volunteer work? People can choose to review whatever they want, with or without the publisher's cooperation or blessing, and they're entitled to make money off that work without harassment or interference.

Absolutely. Describing TB's work as monetized is about the one correct thing WGS managed but this in no way justifies any of their actions, particularly as monetization is just the lie they told to attempt to justify their censorship of negative press.

- Quboid

304. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 21:19 Quboid

Don't give him ideas!

That IRS thing stinks. Supposedly the reason was that tax dodgers were associating themselves with the TP precisely because auditing them would be awkward. That's possible but I'm really rather far from convinced.

- Quboid

37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 21:11 Quboid

That's very good to hear Blue.

Yosemite Sam, I must admit I missed your comment about Blue being the only person here to make this determination. Sorry about that. I can understand your reluctance to bring it up but it's a fair point.

My cat likes hugs and some times walks up to me, stands up and sort of hugs my leg. He's not looking for food or anything, he's just being affectionate. You can look at it as a selfish attempt to get attention but you can break any action by any animal (especially including us) down to ultimately selfish reasons.

- Quboid

301. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 21:01 Quboid

Yep, that never happened before. Before New Labour opened the borders and pushed health care and benefits on anyone they could, everyone in London got along fine. You've seen Mary Poppins? It was adorable!  

- Quboid

29. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:47 Quboid

Angry Joe is like Stephen Colbert - he lays it on so thick that 5 minute bursts can be funny but no more. I like TB, he covers games that Yahtzee doesn't and his 'WTF is' videos are more informative. He's more of a reviewer than an entertainer, I'm surprised you see TB as the character of the two.

Any recommendations for others? The subtly named Game Wank did funny reviews of Far Cry 3 and Faster Than Light, I don't know if they've done others. I'd like someone like TB but who does more mainstream games; Arma, EU4, Deus Ex. Full price PC games.

- Quboid

298. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 20:40 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 20:12:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:39:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:30:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:27:
You might need to brush up on what an arbitration court is before we have this conversation.

Two people go to a respected member of their community whom they both trust to settle a dispute. WE'RE DOOMED.

It's not needed in the first place. If they live in Brittan theres this little thing called British law.

Why go to that expense? Do you think this is somehow unique to Muslims? Or for that matter, do you think it's ubiquitous for Muslims? Do you think it's obligatory for Muslims?

If they don't like the decision then they can take it to court unless they signed a legal document before the arbitration to make it binding. In either case, it's British law.

Edit: You're far from the only person to confuse the names here. There is an excellent video here which explains even more than I knew. Anyone living in Northern Ireland - in the UK but not Britain - knows more about this than most.

Since you missed it the first time. This is what's going on in the streets of London. To think your leaders could have stopped it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN6CHtGGo4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFzrEIzoHE

Since you missed it the first time:
Extreme elements including anyone who treats others as sub human are not acceptable. However, much like not all liberals are alike, not all Muslims are alike.

Those incidents are messed up but they're not representative of the UK. I wouldn't entirely trust RT anyway, they're funded by a government who have a bit of a history with Islamic countries and are still to this day very much showing bigotry.

- Quboid

294. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:44 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:39:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 19:30:
You might need to brush up on what an arbitration court is before we have this conversation.

Two people go to a respected member of their community whom they both trust to settle a dispute. WE'RE DOOMED.

It's not needed in the first place. If they live in Brittan theres this little thing called British law.

Why go to that expense? Do you think this is somehow unique to Muslims? Or for that matter, do you think it's ubiquitous for Muslims? Do you think it's obligatory for Muslims?

If they don't like the decision then they can take it to court unless they signed a legal document before the arbitration to make it binding. In either case, it's British law.

Edit: You're far from the only person to confuse the names here. There is an excellent video here which explains even more than I knew. Anyone living in Northern Ireland - in the UK but not Britain - knows more about this than most.

- Quboid

290. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:30 Quboid

- Quboid

21. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 19:27 Quboid

Riker wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:50:
Monetization? Because it's posted on YouTube?

Fuck you, Wild Games Studio.

TotalBiscuit's job is his YouTube videos, I think it's fair to describe it as monetized and I don't think TB disputes that. He's giving the money from the original DOGI video and his response video to the EFF.

- Quboid

286. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:16 Quboid

I really think we're close to sorting this out once and for all guys.  

- Quboid

285. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 19:13 Quboid

Extreme elements including anyone who treats others as sub human are not acceptable. However, much like not all liberals are alike, not all Muslims are alike. Just like how not all conservatives are alike or how not all Christians or Atheists are alike.

You just can not get your mind around such nuances. Your understanding of other points of view is as simplistic as your understanding of finance. Much easier to plaster a label on lots of people and understand them in a manner that suits you, or the talking head you listen to.

- Quboid

281. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 18:10 Quboid

I said you are only worth mocking or ignoring. Talking about Sharia law in the UK is very much in the 'ignore' category. You know effectively nothing about the US never mind abroad. Likewise, you obviously know effectively nothing about economics with claims about 100% fact about a sweeping generalisation and is as far removed from reality as the rest of your comments.  

- Quboid

1. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 17:46 Quboid

Good. Good for Wild Games Studios, seeing sense and correcting their innocent mistake. Full credit to them. I must check out this game on Steam.

Is what I'd say if I was a gullible moron. I'm definitely setting myself up for a joke here!

- Quboid

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 17:40 Quboid

I get where you're coming from Yosemite Sam, but Blue is the only person on here with anything like enough actual information to make that call.  

- Quboid

3910 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo