Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 3920 (Veteran)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 11:32 Quboid

NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:45:
Internet Neckbeard Justice at work. Someone offends you? Clearly they need to be murdered, raped, and their family too. Fucking idiots need to get a grip.

This is inevitable when billions of people are connected. Anything you do could be scrutinised by many millions and if that does happen, what are the chances that none of these millions of people are complete idiots? I would attribute this to "stupid people" rather than any sub-group but that's neither here nor there.

These asshats have made me feel sorry for someone who actually thought that a Boston Marathon victim was an appropriate costume.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 08:29 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 17:21:
I thought Chewsday was Guy Fawkes day. Renember, remember the 5th of November....

Good point. Perhaps the celebrations start at 23:59 on the 4th, as the plot was uncovered during the early hours of the 5th. I didn't know anywhere outside the UK cared, it must have followed the emigrates out there.

It amuses me that he's associated with anarchy. He was trying to bring in Catholic theocracy, about as un-anarchist as you can get.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 4, 2013, 08:21 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 19:45:
Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 17:14:
No, he's not. He only exposed what many of us already took to be fact anyway. Fact is no one cares. Where's the outrage? The protests in the streets? The recall initiatives of politicians who support crap like this, the Patriot Act, et al. Where?

There is none. Social apathy, laziness and greed is now complete in the US. The elites realize they can do whatever the hell they want now and no one will lift a finger to stop them. In fact, they're only expanding their powers and grabbing more and it's all happening publicly now. And still no one bats an eye. If America ever was a democracy it sure as shit isn't now.

At least we're having conversations now that we were never having before.

Wasn't there a protest in DC a week or two ago? I didn't hear much about it, which either means it wasn't very big or the media decided to ignore it. Probably both.

There's debates in the UK parliament about this and the ISC (Intelligence and Security Committee, who are supposed to keep GCHQ/MIx/etc in line) had to dance around the fact that they clearly had no idea that most of this was going on.

If Snowden's actions still needed justified - and considering him anything other than a hero at this point must be wilful ignorance - then there it is, the UK government's intelligence oversight committee needed Snowden/Greenwald/Guardian to tell them what's happening.

There's a difference between "what we all know" and what was reported years ago and what Snowden has done. A few reports here and there can be swept under the carpet and suspicions could be dismissed as tin-foil hat nonsense. Now, it's impossible to ignore (even the papers which are slamming Snowden are lapping up the news) and any politician dismissing such concerns as tin-foil hat conspiracies just makes them look like they're part of the problem.

I'm not saying much will be done. A few extra checks will be put in place and a couple of programs will be shut down and then things will blow over and they'll go back to doing what they've been doing. The biggest change might be that the next Edward Snowden gets killed before s/he can go public.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 3, 2013, 22:23 Quboid

Thanks Jag. I'm tempted, but I'll wait to see how it develops for now. Asteroid physics and suchlike seem like they'd be important.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2013, 15:38 Quboid

Hoop, where do you live that jumps forward at this time of year yet cares about Guy Fawkes night? Do Australians celebrate?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 3, 2013, 13:49 Quboid

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 13:09:
nin wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 12:17:
Someone sell me on Space Engineers

It's a very early build (being alpha and all) with not that much to do. Right now, you can build spaceships block-by-block and pilot them around. There is also fairly impressive damage and deformation when things run into each other. The game does use Steam Workshop, so you can check out how sophisticated some of the builds can get.

This is from the same people who made Miner Wars, right? It was an interesting concept which ended up as a disappointing arcade shooter, if this is more sandbox-y I might be interested.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Call of Duty and Battlefield are higher-res on PS4 than Xbox One Oct 31, 2013, 14:28 Quboid

Digital Foundry also had a chance to take a look at both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Battlefield 4. Once again, the Xbox One version runs at 720p, while PS4 runs at 1600x900, giving it about 50 percent more pixels.

The hell? Aren't these both supposed to be next gen consoles? Shouldn't they at least push PCs at the time of their launch? I'd expect PCs to walk all over a console several years after it's released, not several years before. Are the console versions of BF4 doing something more than the PC version?

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2013, 13:28 Quboid

Spektr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:05:
"Powerful" as opposed to "we give a f.. about what she's doing"

the whole concept of the Sims could produce interesting games if it was made by the like of rock star games. Instead we have an aseptised franchise with dumbed down gameplay. Oh wait the dumbed down gameplay was in Sim city..

You look to Rock Star to make games that aren't dumbed down? I'm not saying GTA is bad but man is it dumb. Dumber than SimCity, which was more broken than anything. GTA's driving is about as dumbed down as driving gets. Basic health system, simple weapons, simple characters, ADHD police - about the only aspect that isn't dumbed down is the open world freedom. (I'm assuming GTA5 is the same as the earlier ones.)

- Quboid

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:53 Quboid

I feel a lot more tired of modern shooters than I ever did of WW2 ones, although that may be because of the way they're made rather than their setting (or because I'm getting old but I'd rather not focus on that).

I never got my money's worth from BF3 because of the unlock system and I won't be buying BF4 because of this. Aside from the annoyance of not getting to play with the toys I've paid for, the unlock system affects the balance.

Being worse than everyone else is an occupational hazard when you don't play that game or ones like it very much but to be worse than everyone else and have worse gear and no kill streak bonuses and so on - this adds injury to insult by actively disadvantaging me.

Edit: "Better to complain about it than to do something" - perfect summary of Bluesnews/the Internet/mankind/all living creatures from eRe4s3r

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
6. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 28, 2013, 22:11 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 22:04:
While FO 1 & 2 are my fave games of all time. 3 rocked pretty good - even with the transition to 3D - and FONV rocked even harder. So yeah, I'm down with 4 when they come out with it. And mean while, yes we have some old school isometric goodness on the way from a few KS games. Life is good right now.

Amen!

Even if Wasteland 2 is a brilliant game, and that's a big if, Fallout NV is great and if we get Fallout 4 in a similar vain, as well as Wasteland 2, then the only people who can eat it is anyone expecting any productivity from me.

I never actually finished FO3 thanks to a crash near what I assume was the end and which I attributed to mod problems. I might give it, with DLC, another go. Once I finish Dishonored, and Arma, and DX:HR:DC, and Gunpoint, and Papers Please, and oh dear god I need more time!

- Quboid

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
18. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 18:08 Quboid

Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 14:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:51:
Because he's the accuser. This isn't a complex situation, guys.

Which is why Creston made the joke he did...

I'm not sure how you're failing to understand this line of thought.

-Alamar

This is what confused me. I didn't know the circumstances behind 505 contacting ROAM but if the KS was under way, evidently they couldn't have ripped off How to Survive/Monster Island. However, since Fibrocyte didn't simply point this out, I thought he must have thought Creston was at least making a serious comment.

- Quboid

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
6. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 10:59 Quboid

I can see why he'd be concerned but this is why you don't go public until you're damn sure. At best he's looking silly and if 505 Games aren't amused he could be sued.

I presume ROAM, the game, existed in development before 505 contacted Roam, the developer - so it couldn't be that in fact they're ripping off 505's idea (which I think was Creston's point, that you seemed to have missed Fibrocyte).

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 10:43 Quboid

Why is broadband more expensive in the US?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24528383

- Quboid

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
12. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 16:56 Quboid

deqer wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 14:50:
"And while we can't guarantee that you'll never encounter a glitch (hard as we might try), we can guarantee that we'll make it right if something goes wrong "

How is EA going to make it right within the 24 hour period you're given for refund?

---

"- Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
- You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days if you meet the refund criteria."

Really? Sounds easier to just reject the payment on credit card, and I would feel some compensation from doing that because it will penalize EA(with the credit card company), for putting me through frustration.

I think if you do that, your whole Origin account gets locked meaning you lose any other Origin games you have. I seem to remember hearing this when people tried to get SimCity refunded.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 27, 2013, 10:17 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 02:00:
Quboid wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:09:
Unethical users? Lol Apple and it's users are all unethical!

I own an iPod, is there any particular way in which I should kill myself or do I get to choose?

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Redemption begins with an act of contrition. Destroy your Apple crapple before you're completely consumed by the dark side. If it's too late you may as well head off and join the Taliban.

But it has a 160GB hard drive and 40 hours of battery life. How else can I get that sort of audio performance in a pocket device? Is my own convenience not the most important thing?

More seriously, who can I buy electronic devices from who are any different? Is my Samsung phone any better? Are your electronic devices made by manufacturers who are any different?

I dislike Apple and wouldn't be in a hurry to buy any of their stuff now but in respect to working conditions and off-shore manufacturing, which I gather is your beef, I doubt Apple are any different to virtually anyone else.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 26, 2013, 22:04 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:09:
Unethical users? Lol Apple and it's users are all unethical!

I own an iPod, is there any particular way in which I should kill myself or do I get to choose?

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 20:47 Quboid

It looks like the laptop's screen is about the right width to be turned 90" into a portrait monitor. Actually physically arranging it isn't going to be pretty if it can't be disconnected from the damaged laptop body. Perhaps the body can hide behind your primary display.

One issue is that cheap LCD screens have lousy vertical view angles, which are much more relevant when it's turned 90 - laptops tend to have cheap screens compared to stand-alone monitors but YMMV.

- Quboid

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 20:40 Quboid

Sho wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:09:
Does it put you in god mode while the commentary runs?

It didn't even occur to me to check, I assumed not. I was worried about saving the hostages in time, IIRC there's no other point in the game when you can't just stop and listen once an area's clear.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 18:30 Quboid

What height/resolution is your 22" screen and what width/resolution is your 15" monitor? Do they match?

I have a 1920x1200 27" monitor as my desktop's primary display and a 1280x1024 19" monitor for a secondary, rotated 90 degrees to portrait, i.e. 1024x1280. It's only a few pixels higher and very nearly the same physical height as my primary monitor, and is also roughly the size and shape of a standard A4 letter page, as seen in any PDF, which makes it useful for keeping an eye on reference material.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 18:37.

- Quboid

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
58. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 14:09 Quboid

You still need to activate the commentary by 'using' thin air when a prompt pops up in the corner - so it's basically nodeular (that's a word). Once it starts you can't stop it, which made me worry about those hostages as their lives tick tick ticks away.  

- Quboid

3920 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo