Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4326 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
17. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 15:51 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:17:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 13:07:
This is why I don't think a roundup is a good idea after all. Rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple times a day, just let the decent KS projects float to the top as they naturally do and give them their own post.

The thing is, who decides what is a decent KS project.... imo it's better to have a constant stream of information, than filtered information...

Blue must be pretty influential in this respect, getting mentioned on Bluesnews must be a pretty big deal for a campaign that's not otherwise well publicised. This way more campaigns each get less exposure, which is fairer. Being fair in this regard isn't really Blue's job but with great power comes great responsibility and all that.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
6. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
All these Kickstarters should be listed under "examples: How not to run your Kickstarter"

If you want my money, you gotta tell me what for... and you got 3 minutes to do it, in your intro video. And to show me that you are competent I want to see gameplay, not just images of irrelevant stuff.

Universe Edge has a time frame reaching up to 2017 (wow!).. Cat Simulator has cats without fur ... you know.. FUR, what most cats HAVE) ? ^^

Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

That is an awful Kickstarter. "Watch the alpha trailer above to give you an idea of where we are at." - they've done a low quality model and ripped annoying audio from a meme. Shut up and take my money!

Unless they're going for a Goat Simulator type of game, I don't think a cat simulation would be very interesting. I don't know where my cat is now but at a guess he's snoozing somewhere where he's hidden from view but getting the sun. Lovely for him I'm sure, but not in ways that a simulator will recreate.

- Quboid

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
27. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 18:36 Quboid

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 18:00:
After playing Assetto Corsa everything else feels like child's play. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with a fun gamepad driving game, it's just that the nuances and challenge of a sim like Assetto Corsa is so addictive that when I try other car games now I feel like they're on rails. That includes Forza on Xbone and Project Cars (which is my second most played car game after Assetto).

Sims can be fun too.

I'm tempted to get Assetto Corsa. Do you know how good the Rift support is? I find ETS2 is a bit tricky with the Rift, I can't make out the GPS well enough at the low resolution.

- Quboid

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
23. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 16:09 Quboid

GRID was about my level of driving game and I'd like to see this with in-cabin view, Oculus Rift support and no fad X-Games type bullshit. I've long wanted a more realistic driving game in an open world but I couldn't see how anybody could make a game out of it. Turns out, you make it about delivering cargo around Europe by truck.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2014, 19:48 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 15:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 14:46:
Retro City Rampage .99! Go buy now. Or you are dumb.

But, but, but I hate 8 bit graphics! Sell me on it.

It's not my thing but for 69p, why not?

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Apr 19, 2014, 08:36 Quboid

I quite like Angry Joe. He lays it on a bit thick but that's his thing and there is some substance behind it, he doesn't just arse around.

That said, showing a screenshot of a preview while criticising reviews is misleading. The IGN guy is right about this, although I have to wonder why their preview was so positive.

I watch reviews like that on my second monitor while playing SimCity 4 on my main one so the length is a blessing to me. I couldn't imagine sitting down to focus on this sort of thing like I do with Game of Thrones.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2014, 09:20 Quboid

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 09:13:
Both of these companies are fruitcakes. You can't trademark a common name like candy or saga.

Did you RTFA? Only King attempted to, and as they've been largely successful apparently you can.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
144. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 17, 2014, 18:04 Quboid

Thanks Drillo. I thought maybe they'd revealed a bit more because they're being so transparent but there's no particular reason why they would or should.  

- Quboid

142. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 21:10 Quboid

Drillo wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 23:50:
I know you put it up as an hypothetical, but they said its going all to development

I didn't know that - I admit that I am ignorant on this subject, but unlike some I do know that I'm ignorant. Has he talked about how much he and other senior figures are getting paid? I wouldn't begrudge him a decent wage in additional to presumably owning some of the company, but naturally a 7 figure annual income would be a bit dicey.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 16, 2014, 21:04 Quboid

Jensen wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 18:28:
It's hard to even guess sales without knowing what CV2 or CV3 will contain. I'd rather they focus on getting a controller out next... Something like a PS Move that is tracked as quickly and accurately as the HMD is.

True. A better phrasing is how will VR develop in the next few years, after the initial reaction to the CV1? Will it maintain momentum, or is it a novelty that will wear off?

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 17:33 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 17:05:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 16:52:
i'm fairly sure noone forced her to stick a toy plane up her hooha.

Are you rationalizing the the act because a woman did it, therefore all women are 'okay with it'?

Nobody has said or implied anything at all like that and I don't know why you would think anybody has.

My logic is "this person did it therefore this person is okay with it".

- Quboid

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 14:45 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:57:
Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:41:

Hahaha you're so wrong, if anything it would prompt even more jokes.

It degrades women. Males who don't realize this are either misogynistic or uneducated.

Every woman has the right to insert a model aeroplane into any orifice she wishes. Stop trying to subjugate women you uneducated misogynist!

- Quboid

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 13:40 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:33:
I'll bet it would be taken more seriously if it were the image of an object ramming up a guy's ass. Bunch of misogynistic retards here.

Uh, no. Not in the slightest. What do you mean by "rammed", are you implying that this wasn't consensual?

The joke here is that an official social media account tweeted a massively inappropriate photo. The details of that photo are incidental.

nin, I was really quite surprised no one had beaten me to it. That took over 4 hours people, you're slacking off!

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2014, 21:01.

- Quboid

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 13:18 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 08:57:
Are they hiring?

I think there was a couple of openings but one of them's been filled.

- Quboid

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 16, 2014, 13:16 Quboid

How will CV2 and CV3's sales compare to CV1's? We can't guess figures because it depends on the release schedule but how do people predict it will go?

I think this is where momentum is critical if VR is to be a success in the next 5 to 10 years - by which I mean ownership on par with other gaming hardware like a high-DPI mouse or a keyboard with back-lighting and an LCD screen.

It's a tough call but I think VR can be that successful. I don't expect VR to be the sort of thing that CoD-Bros will adopt in its present form but unlike 3D TV, it doesn't need to be to be a success.

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 05:53:
@ Jensen, I know you were replying to Cutter, but Beamer also kind of responded to me in a similar way. I'll make the prediction:

Oculus Rift sells more than one million headsets in its first year (starting the day CV1 is released).

I presume you're counting pre-orders as release day sales? There will be a lot of pre-orders, including me (who, BTW, is a DK1 owner who has no intention of developing for it).

- Quboid

141. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 12:54 Quboid

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 12:20:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 12:17:
Have they got to the point yet in their development cycle of "Only 1,000 of these ships is available at this time with no future release. You can have one today for $10,000"?

Cause if they haven't, I predict that next.
I thought they did have some "limited edition" ships.

They gave away insurance (which costs in-game currency) with ship purchases which as far as I know had a completely artificial cut-off point, and which swelled their coffers as that deadline approached.

- Quboid

106. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 23:03 Quboid

I think there's a point that's being missed here. Who says that this money is to go into development?

I don't believe they are legally obliged to put all the money in. I don't think they're morally obliged. In fact, it's not really possible.

Should the game not make a profit? If it makes a profit before it's even released, is the developer at fault? If money pours in during development, should they expand and expand and search for something to add to the game because they must spend this money? Should they stop selling glorified pre-orders? Why on earth would they do that? Who on earth would do that?

Hypothetically, if they could make the game for $10,000,000, why shouldn't they spend loads on yachts and hookers? If they deliver what they've said, I don't see a problem. Kickstarter was crowd funding the development but that was a long time ago. Now it's just a product for sale with clever marketing.

- Quboid

105. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 22:53 Quboid

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 22:26:
So then where exactly is the OTHER $49,900,000 dollars? Yachts and hookers is my educated guess.

Is that an educated guess? Really? It looks more like wild speculation that's probably libellous but IANAL.

Throwing accusations like this around - and this is actually quite a serious accusation - needs to be backed up. Limit Theory is irrelevant, that's a completely different project being developed in completely different circumstances.

- Quboid

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 21:22 Quboid

I bought a DK1 after the DK2 was announced, there were some decent offers on Ebay as people sold theirs off. I was tempted by the DK2 and if CV1 isn't out this year I may still look to get one for Christmas but I figured this way I could try it out sooner and cheaper.

If you're on the fence, I recommend you wait until CV1. Aside from surely being a considerably improved and polished product, there will hopefully be a lot more content to come.

- Quboid

News Comments > Kickstarter Roundup
9. Re: Kickstarter Roundup Apr 15, 2014, 17:54 Quboid

Did the tumbleweed catch someone's eye?  

- Quboid

4326 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo