Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4503 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
53. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 13:12 Quboid

Slick wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:08:
sigh... it's nice to see that i'm not the one being picked on in this particular thread for enjoying a videogame. (on a videogame forum, whodathunk?!)

just because bullying happens often on this board, still know that it's mocked by the quiet masses who read but don't post. you prove to everyone that you're petty when you can't engage on the issue, and instead revert to personal shit.

calling people shills, PR-monkeys, or just insinuating that they're disingenuous because they enjoy something instead of panning it, just makes you look all more the fool.

just sayin. continue to prove me right. or surprize everyone by growing a conscience.

Like when you told me to kill myself because I compared the effect of people demanding a PC game be on Steam to the fees that developers have to pay MS and Sony for console versions?

I don't disagree with this post and I find the arrogance of shill accusations to be rather irksome (do they really find it hard to believe that someone might actually honestly disagree with them?!) but you should really ask yourself if you are ever part of the problem. I wasn't traumatised and I know you weren't making death threats but if that's not bullying, it is at least dragging a conversation down there.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 18:48 Quboid

Rossini wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:30:
Genesys wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 12:36:
Welcome back, Skyrim!
3+ years after it's release. My question is, who are all these people who haven't bought it until now?

Console gamers who re-buy it when they happen to get a decent PC, to play with mods? That's just a theory.

The engine feels clunky. The same awkward moving issues, particularly when trying to jump around scenery, have existed since Oblivion if not earlier. Separate indoor and outdoor areas is quite dated and unmodded it has poor detail at distance. It's far from a write-off, but I'd like to see a lot more progress for The Elder Scrolls 6 - but presumably it will be next-gen so non-visual stuff won't be a priority.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2014, 18:35 Quboid

Sorry to hear that too Capella, pets are the best companions.  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2014, 14:50 Quboid

It's funny but Christianity had nothing to do with it. Somebody somewhere is going to take this the wrong way and we'll see "Gamers Are Against Christ" headlines.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
21. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 19:56 Quboid

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 19:48:
CD's are a state of the art storage device that store lossless audio. Good alternative for when FLAC files aren't available online.

The MP3s are 128 Kbit

- Quboid

19. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 19:24 Quboid

A CD? What's a CD? Is that one of those old-timey things?

It is £6.49 as MP3 on Amazon UK. I'll bite.

Blue's UK affiliate link, for anyone else.

- Quboid

9. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 16:54 Quboid

DX:HR had excellent music, one of the best examples of music adding to the atmosphere naturally. I own DX:HR and the Director's Cut on Steam, do I have legal access to the sound track? I don't see an obvious way to get it.

I don't mind the piss filter but I can see why others don't like it and I think they would be better off not making orange a Deus Ex hallmark.

- Quboid

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
55. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 19:07 Quboid

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:38:
Ozmodan wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:31:
Good for them.

For all the clueless people who said it is just a game, I feel really sorry for you failure to grasp basic humanity.

Look who crawled out from under their bridge! You're running late today!

He's (unintentionally) interesting IMHO. I think that the word "game" puts these people (the sort who make this petition) in the mind that these are supposed to be fun and if it's fun and you can kill women to get money (which is perhaps the one technically correct point they make) then the game is about killing women for fun.

To state the hopefully obvious, *I* don't agree with this AT ALL. I think that this word helps people who don't understand the medium to consider it to be trivial.

Few people would say "movies are entertainment, therefore a movie about the Holocaust is to treat that as fun, therefore Schindler's List trivialises the Holocaust" but this happens with games regularly and is essentially what is happening here - that GTA satirises life's excesses is, I suspect, so far beyond these people that they could never grasp it (which applies to many of its players too, FWTW).

Six Days In Fallujah was supposedly to be a faithful recreation of the soldiers' experiences made not just with the help of people who fought there but at their request. This could have been what This War of Mine is, entertainment that isn't fun but is compelling and moving and useful. Maybe this was all bullshit but thanks to "War Is Not A Game" protests scaring off funding, we'll never know.

I've heard the phrase "interactive experience" used in place of "game" but obviously this will never catch on. Damned if I can think of anything better. I think the ultimate cure will be time, when so much of the population does understand the medium that those who don't at least understand that they don't. This has improved a lot already in my experience, not in terms of legislation but in terms of how video games are perceived in general. I expect there was a time when people said this sort of thing about movies equivalent to Schindler's List at that time who would never have treated a book like Schindler's Ark with such disdain.

- Quboid

50. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 18:17 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:09:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 17:07:
Did they ban The Wire too? They kill prostitutes, women, cops, and women cops undercover as prostitutes in that show.

What about Game of Thrones? Is that banned in AUS-Land?

<snark>Those are TV shows intended for a mature audience, you can't compare them to children's toys like GTA!</snark>

- Quboid

4. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 09:38 Quboid

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 09:22:
citing the depiction of violence against women in the open world action game which depicts violence against everyone.

THANK YOU!

Seconded.

I'm guessing no one involved in that petition has played a computer game for any reason other than to be outraged.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game of Thrones Launch Trailer
2. Re: Game of Thrones Launch Trailer Dec 1, 2014, 21:48 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 21:20:
If fewer than 3 people die during the launch celebrations, it will not have been considered successful.

At the party to celebrate, the makers of that poorly received Game of Thrones RPG will slaughter half the production team. In years to come, people will refer to it having "Gone Red" after the producer bled out over the master disc.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
13. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 16:04 Quboid

If I wanted to make up a joke feature to satirise Star Citizen's feature creep, I would rule out pets as being too unrealistic to be funny.

Star Citizen - Beyond Parody™

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2014, 23:00 Quboid

Isn't the allegation that he intentionally helped criminal activity to get rich?

If you built a road or laid cable with the intention of getting rich from criminals using this road/cable - somehow - then I think you'd be shut down and probably face further legal action. I hope Dotcom wins simply because the US and NZ authorities have been even more odious and dishonest than him but he gets no sympathy from me.

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 18:21 Quboid

It did nothing to turn me on to the Assassin's Creed series. The naval stuff was good but not worth it for rest of the game's tedious gameplay. If you don't like the Assassin's Creed formula either, I say avoid.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 24, 2014, 12:39 Quboid

jomisab wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:04:
Loving Far Cry 4. Runs great, no crashes. Just a blast to play. Only thing I had to do was copy the SLI bits from FC3 using nVidia Inspector to fix the shadows/darkness issue.

Does that do anything else? I'd been using bits I found on Ubi's forum which fixed the darkness issue but has caused some shadow flickering (and doesn't fix the stuttering, which probably needs Ubi or Nvidia to fix).

- Quboid

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 22:24 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 22:06:
Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 19:46:
I'm a little disappointed with FC4 so far. I knew it was going to be Far Cry 3.1 and I'm OK with sequels being iterative improvements but I think FC4 is worse in a few ways. Every character is a tiresome Vaas-wannabe who drags out their unskippable cutscenes and the mountainous landscape isn't as much fun to navigate. It's fun, but it's probably not as good as Far Cry 3.

Exactly how many of these "Vaas-wannabe" characters have you come across?

It's early in the game (south area only) but all the named characters seem to be trying way too hard to be memorable and interesting through some combination of wackiness and intensity - it feels a bit like a committee looked at how Vaas scored in key demographics and wanted more of that. In fairness he wasn't the only over-the-top character in FC3 so perhaps I'm reading more into that but regardless, the characters seem even more forced this time around.

The minister/gun-runner and the Kyrat TV lady in particular are annoying. I've only dealt with the TV lady once and don't really want to see her again, thankfully I'm not very interested in her missions.

- Quboid

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 19:46 Quboid

I'm a little disappointed with FC4 so far. I knew it was going to be Far Cry 3.1 and I'm OK with sequels being iterative improvements but I think FC4 is worse in a few ways. Every character is a tiresome Vaas-wannabe who drags out their unskippable cutscenes and the mountainous landscape isn't as much fun to navigate. It's fun, but it's probably not as good as Far Cry 3.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 17:49 Quboid

Dacron wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:21:
Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:37:
It's pretty funny comparing the reactions to this game and Elite.

Elite killed a feature to focus on the core game and people are outraged.

With Star Citizen, people are outraged that the devs won't kill features to focus on the core game.

Well, to be fair ED has a core game, SC can 'work' on anything it still isn't a game shy of a few dog fighting matches. Elite screwed the pooch on one thing, SC is out researching what pooch to buy atm...

As I see it, they are different stages of the same process. People are angry at ED because the devs promised more than they could deliver. People are concerned about SC because the devs are promising a hell of a lot - which IMHO makes similar feature cuts/delays almost inevitable.

- Quboid

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 Quboid

Is This War of Mine open ended or is it the same series of missions/objectives every time you play?

By the sounds of it, Extra Credits are going to be all over it.

- Quboid

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
26. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 09:49 Quboid

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 09:32:
Ventura wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 07:17:
Wrong. They said specifically that it would when asked about it, and more than once, too. Here's one such example for you, taken from the Kickstarter's comments section, but there are others out there from reddit and the like.
Fair enough. I hadn't read all the comments - I was going based on what the actual KS page said.

It does seem clear that they are explicitly going back on their word. I don't think they intended to mislead when they said this and they're being decent with their refunds so I don't hold it against them but it is disappointing and it brings this game down a bit from being an almost inevitable purchase.

They must have known that they couldn't do offline only play earlier. Why did they hold back; fear, dishonesty, or delusion? If they were scared of the backlash, waiting was the worst thing to do. If they wanted to get as many preorders as possible then screw them, but their refund policy suggests this isn't the case. If they were clinging on to hope that something would come up to solve their problem then they should have known better. I understand the temptation to hope for a silver bullet to fix everything but this is an amateur's error.

- Quboid

4503 Comments. 226 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo