Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4847 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
10. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 18:45 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 16:25:
210 degree FOV, Sign me up! How could you have screen door effect at that resolution?

You'll have to go where the game support is though, I'm going to bet Oculus wins that battle.

I hope there will be a fairly open standard, which Oculus claim they want to encourage content creation. I prefer this headset's specs, lack of FOV is a problem with the DK1 that the Oculus guys apparently don't consider to be too bad. If my maths is correct, this is a 2560x1440 screen for each eye, compared to the Rift CV1's 10801200. Quite a difference in aspect ratio, even if StarVR's vertical FOV is about the same as the Rift's.

Responsiveness and accuracy of input and output is as important. I'm confident that the Rift will be fine as my DK1 is pretty good but refresh rate and physical position tracking for this is unknown.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 17:09 Quboid

Uh oh somebody's thrown a tantrum.

Thanks for the links.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 16:42 Quboid

ASeven wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 16:01:
Steam drama alert:

Another hipster indie dev that made a terrible game is sad that steam refunds is doing its job. He left the game page like this right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/358480/

Priceless. Just priceless.

Notice how almost all of these indie devs that cry foul are the ones producing some of the shittiest games in steam?

That's gone, what was the game?

- Quboid

News Comments > YouTube Gaming This Summer
12. Re: YouTube Gaming This Summer Jun 13, 2015, 09:08 Quboid

"But we thought we were player 2!"

"Shut up Steam Broadcasts, nobody cares about you."

- Quboid

News Comments > The Ship HD Announced
5. Re: The Ship HD Announced Jun 12, 2015, 16:31 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 15:26:
nin wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 08:55:
The original was fun, in small doses, especially with a group. I'd play it again.

Yeah, I wouldn't rush out to grab this but I'll definitely Steam sale it sometime to play with friends.

This has "75% off, Steam Christmas Sale 2016" written all over it. Probably the first time it would be heavily discounted, which would liven up the multiplayer scene.

- Quboid

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
16. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 12:52 Quboid

Does anyone here use a steering wheel stand like the GT Omega? Worth considering?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2015, 12:19 Quboid

I can't tell from the review but perhaps Homeworld is specifically referring to the Abrahamic God, therefore (as they see it) misrepresenting Christianity? They generally object to *ahem* fictional religions in other games so perhaps they just ran out of room to list their moral objections to The Witcher 3.

I quite like their reviews. They've always done a pretty good job of separating their views from the game and presenting both and their moral perspective is interesting even if my own priorities are very different.

- Quboid

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
39. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 14:41 Quboid

bhcompy wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 12:03:
You people act as if this is going to be something that people are just going to do over and over again. Valve has already stated that abusers will be addressed, and I imagine if it becomes a widespread problem everyone will have a certain number of refunds per year available to them.

If games are good, they will make money.

Good point. Thinking about this and reading this thread, this just seems like a good thing. It will be open to some abuse but even in purely business terms the value of the trust gained will far outweigh it.

- Quboid

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
5. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 09:55 Quboid

I'd much rather play a brilliant 2 hour game than a 10 hour one with 8 hours of tedious padding. Such a short game would need to be priced accordingly but I do see that this could be a problem.

Perhaps the refund window should scale with price so maybe you get 1 hour per $10: 6 hours for a AAA $60 game but only 1 hour for a $8.99 indie title.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 18:42 Quboid

Yeah, putting out chocolate *is* putting out poisoned food. "John" is an asshole.  

- Quboid

News Comments > RONIN Early Access
2. Re: RONIN Early Access May 27, 2015, 19:26 Quboid

sadly includes neither Robert De Niro nor Sean Bean

Someone should make an original Rainbow Six style game based on that Ronin universe. Rainbow Six with car chases. I'm not sure how car chases would work with the whole planning, slow paced thing but as long as it wasn't just some generic on-rails rubbish it could be interesting.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2015, 17:58 Quboid

Spot on 1badmf, literally the only sane reason to pick Qatar is bribery. It is so obviously an unsuitable place that I can not fathom any other reason why a single person would have voted for them.

I hope this is just the start and FIFA as it exists is ripped up. It probably won't be, Don Sepp is probably untouchable. Their reaction to this, announcing that their election and the next 2 World Cups will be unaffected, speaks volumes as to how lowly they regard this legal process.

- Quboid

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
77. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 12:13 Quboid

Quinn wrote on May 27, 2015, 12:03:
I'm on a greek island right now and let me tell you not to go on holiday right before you're about to have sex with Triss. Blue balls, I tell you! I want to ask my wife to dye her hair red but I don't want to ruin our stay... xP

As for Redmask's reply to me: I know nobody expects me for my approval on their opinion, but we all bitch about something here so at least give me that freedom too. People bitch about the game, I bitch about them bitching about the game, you bitch about me bitching about them bitching about the game.

The circle is complete that way, and me and my ouzo get all happy about that *less-than sign + three*

I'm off to a Greek island tomorrow and I've only played a few hours. Should I avoid playing this evening in case I meet her?!

- Quboid

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
25. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 09:45 Quboid

These weren't simply purchased in bulk somewhere cheap and then resold, these were purchased using stolen credit card info. That's completely illegal and nobody should expect to keep such goods.

Also these players are not Bethesda's customers. Bethesda would be screwing their actual customers if they let someone else's customers (a CC thief and some resellers) pay half as much. Many would hold ill-will towards Bethesda and me thinking that that is stupid doesn't change anything but it's worth remembering that Bethesda aren't doing anything to their customers.

- Quboid

62. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 21:56 Quboid

Krovven wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:54:
Quboid wrote on May 26, 2015, 16:56:
The game I have heard people pine for the combat from is Chivalry Medieval Warfare, which I think is a lot deeper than Skyrim.

Every Witcher game he does extra moves while attacking. This is because when you level and skill up you can start to hit multiple targets around you. those extra moves you complain about now, hit mobs later.

That sounds like a problem. Why are you doing extra moves to hit targets that you can't actually hit? How come you're doing these moves before you have that skill?

So the player can learn how to fight with the animations they are going to use for the majority of the game. When you get the skill, that back swing will hit targets to the side and behind you. Fully upgraded, just like the previous games, Geralt is dancing with the blade, slicing and dicing everything around him. It's a beautiful sight. And no I don't want that ruined by people that are annoyed they have to wait a quarter of a second for the animation early on in the game.

This is not generic hack and slash game like Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur. Some people don't get it, sucks for them.

I've now played it for about 4 hours and I'm enjoying it very much.

I have been in some combat, which I hadn't earlier. My first impressions are that the combat is pretty good, nice and fluid and I haven't yet been bothered by any superfluous pirouettes or uninterruptible animation. The sword fighting feels quiet weighty, which I like, and being able to stop a swing of your blade would diminish that.

The general movement is a bit awkward because of the extra step Geralt takes when stopping. Struggling to aim at a door breaks immersion and while perhaps this momentum helps with the feeling of weight and substance I would like it to be a bit sharper.

- Quboid

49. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:56 Quboid

The game I have heard people pine for the combat from is Chivalry Medieval Warfare, which I think is a lot deeper than Skyrim.

Every Witcher game he does extra moves while attacking. This is because when you level and skill up you can start to hit multiple targets around you. those extra moves you complain about now, hit mobs later.

That sounds like a problem. Why are you doing extra moves to hit targets that you can't actually hit? How come you're doing these moves before you have that skill?

- Quboid

News Comments > Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
7. Re: Mad Max Savage Road Trailer May 26, 2015, 14:04 Quboid

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 13:14:
I dunno. As far as I can tell, it's a linear third person brawler with driving? It looked a bit amateurish, but story and voice acting looked ok. Can't say I'm too excited for yet another of those games...

Mad Max could be a really great setting for an open world game but nothing in this trailer is particularly encouraging to me either. It could almost be Ride to Hell: Retribution and that's one of the lowest regarded games in recent years.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
18. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 25, 2015, 17:19 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2015, 15:47:
SlimRam wrote on May 25, 2015, 11:15:
There are people fapping to this, right now.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Yet his sig "Back from a stroke and feeling much better!" makes it sound like he's just finished.

(Seriously, all the best SlimRam)

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
28. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2015, 10:08 Quboid

I trust his opinion as being his own and isn't bought and his criticisms are things he believes are issues, but he lays it on too thick at times. He needs to be more open minded, some people don't mind the movement because it simply doesn't bother them that much and that doesn't make them liars.  

- Quboid

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 11:59 Quboid

Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance

By how much, I wonder. Nvidia's own performance guide makes Hairworks seems like an awful feature with about a 20% performance drop.

- Quboid

4847 Comments. 243 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo