Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 3918 (Veteran)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
45. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 09:19 Quboid

NetHead wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:02:
Qbex . wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:23:
"dumbed down"? we talking full lobotomy here.....

Now you've left with this...
maps

That map on the left is Doom, isn't it.

E1M6, I think. Maybe E1M7.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 18:24 Quboid

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:11:
Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:05:
Simon, what do you think would happen if, say, CoD players on the PS4 could play with proper KB&M support?

Here's what I think would happen:
1) A few PS4 CoD players use a desk or whatever and get KB&M. I'd guess 5%, max.
2) These players get 10:1 K/D ratios, at least
3) The 95% of players get annoyed. Do they:
a) Rearrange their console and their living space and buy a KB&M?
b) Play Battlefield instead?
c) Play on the Xbone instead?

I think options B and C would be chosen about 10x as often option A. Why would the makers of Call of Duty want this? Why would the makers of the PS4 want this? Of course I can only guess how many would use KB&M and how others would react. Maybe you think I'm way out?

We already have separate servers for people who want KB&M, or any of numerous other advantages. That's what the PC does.

Real gamers use whatever the fuck they want; PC, console, mac, smartphone, any combination.

You either adapt or you get killed. I prefer to adapt, you prefer to whine, I respect your choice...

You adapt by satisfying as many customers as you can. You die if you piss them off. Microsoft and Sony are still here, your console would have bombed.

I'm trying to explain what I think are your errors and I have little interest in what console players use. My choice is KB&M so I honestly don't know what you're talking about but claiming anyone who disagrees with you is whining is, well, it's whining.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 18:05 Quboid

Simon, what do you think would happen if, say, CoD players on the PS4 could play with proper KB&M support?

Here's what I think would happen:
1) A few PS4 CoD players use a desk or whatever and get KB&M. I'd guess 5%, max.
2) These players get 10:1 K/D ratios, at least
3) The 95% of players get annoyed. Do they:
a) Rearrange their console and their living space and buy a KB&M?
b) Play Battlefield instead?
c) Play on the Xbone instead?

I think options B and C would be chosen about 10x as often option A. Why would the makers of Call of Duty want this? Why would the makers of the PS4 want this? Of course I can only guess how many would use KB&M and how others would react. Maybe you think I'm way out?

We already have separate servers for people who want KB&M, or any of numerous other advantages. That's what the PC does.

Real gamers use whatever the fuck they want; PC, console, mac, smartphone, any combination.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 12:17 Quboid

1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:07:
man jupiter ascending looks tight as hell. i just hope tatum doesn't ruin it by bro-ing out too much, but it looks like he did a good job. and the effects - wow. good hardcore scifi has always turned me into a sighing goo of fangirl adoration, and man someone needs to mop me up after that.

Casting Sean Bean feels like a spoiler. I notice he's only in the first half of the trailer.

- Quboid

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
209. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 12:10 Quboid

Slashman wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 11:29:
You know what I find most scary?

You Americans at least have a constitution to fall back on.

I'm not an American citizen. It's open season for spying on anywhere/anyone that isn't America. Sweatdrop

My Government will protect me, I've got nothing to fear.

*sobs*

- Quboid

17. Re: Creston's Doom Deathmatch Guide Dec 10, 2013, 11:33 Quboid

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:58:
10) Run around until you find another player
20) Shoot at other player
30) If otherplayer=dead goto 10
else
40) Respawn
50) Goto 10

That won't work, you'll only fire one shot at an enemy before attempting to respawn, and going and finding another player. If the respawn fails (since you might not be dead), the "run around until you find another player" may immediately find the same opponent and shoot again but it's a sloppy implementation.

10: Spawn
20: Run around until you find another player
30: Shoot at other player
40: If (player = dead) Goto 10
50: If (otherplayer = dead) Goto 20
60: Goto 30
70: Profit

Fancy pants players will dodge and such like but this will get you started. Just hit Ctrl+C when you've finished pwning.

- Quboid

55. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2013, 16:56 Quboid

Laughing at the English football team is something that brings all British people together. The same can be said about laughing at the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish teams too, but the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Sadly, after about 80 years of delusion, English football fans seem to be coming to terms with their place in the world: hovering at around 10th in the ratings isn't actually that bad. This dramatically reduces the fun to be had at their expense.

- Quboid

53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2013, 13:38 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 01:05:
Quboid wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 17:31:
El Pit wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 16:47:
A win vs. the German "b team" is not worthless. This "b team" defeated the English lions @ Wembley just a couple of weeks ago. ;)

That's pretty much the definition of worthless right there.

Winning vs. a team that defeats England at home is worthless now?

The current Three Lions team is not the best English team ever, but it is definitely not easy to defeat these guys at home.

It's England, we're obligated to laugh at them.

- Quboid

41. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 17:31 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 16:47:
A win vs. the German "b team" is not worthless. This "b team" defeated the English lions @ Wembley just a couple of weeks ago. ;)

That's pretty much the definition of worthless right there.

- Quboid

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 13:39 Quboid

Established 1995. Over three-quarters of a billion visitors since 1997.

Congratulations!

- Quboid

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 18:45 Quboid

I mostly agree with you Creston. If they are (either directly or indirectly) paying the player to stream their game, I can understand why Riot wouldn't want other games getting the audience that they've paid for.

I hope the players are getting paid more because of this but I've no idea about that. How much do they get paid?

I think the 30 minute wait is a bigger problem than you. It's not so much that the player has to wait 30 minutes, it's that they're trying to get as big an audience as they can and spending 30 minutes doing nothing will, I would guess, absolutely kill viewership.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 11:50 Quboid

Desalus wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:22:
Total War: Rome II, X Rebirth and Aliens: Colonial Marines are just three examples of games released this year which did not functioned as advertised. They all “worked” in the sense that they booted up, but the reality of their launch did not match the pre-release marketing hype.

I just had to laugh at this. Very few games actually live up to their pre-release hype. Granted these three games are probably the worst offenders of this in the past year, but if everyone returned games because they didn't match the hype, we wouldn't have much of a gaming industry.

Or the industry would stop making fake demos and hype what the game actually does have. Imagine that.

I'd like people to be able to preorder if they want to. I'd like to be able to preorder. It's the returns policies that stop me; if I knew I could return a game within 7 days of release, I'd be much happier to preorder months in advance.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 19:02 Quboid

The last time I bought a CD, quite a few years ago, it took me about 5 hours to rip it to MP3 because of its DRM. Since then, I've bought none because I don't fancy repeating that hassle. Way to go.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2013, 14:37 Quboid

Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 10:28:
Nice deal there with that kleargear.com website. Hopefully people/idiots will now stop buying shit there.

I feel silly even bothering to poke holes in that nonsense but this takes the biscuit, their T&C:
In an effort to ensure fair and honest public feedback, and to prevent the publishing of libelous content in any form, your acceptance of this sales contract prohibits you from taking any action that negatively impacts KlearGear.com, its reputation, products, services, management or employees.

I hope the judge slaps them down a bit extra for that in the Palmer's credit system abuse case.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 16:13 Quboid

Tumbler wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 15:23:
Lindsay thinks the girl on the cover of GTA looks like her...don't flatter yourself Lindsay.

Source?

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Dec 1, 2013, 12:52 Quboid

Let me guess, their tier 5 (or whatever they're called) testers played it with the accelerated economy option on because they could make money faster and they didn't care about actually testing the damn game.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2013, 11:40 Quboid

From the article "Disabled woman denied entry to U.S. after agent cites supposedly private medical details":
U.S. Customs and Border Protection media spokeswoman Jenny Burke said that due to privacy laws, "the department is prohibited from discussing specific cases."

They're taking the piss...

- Quboid

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
5. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 11:08 Quboid

Vio wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 10:37:
5 year old PC hardware out performs the current "next-gen", so his comments definitely have merit considering the price drop of 5 year old PC hardware.

It does have merit, the next-gen (current gen) consoles seem to be considerably less powerful than the previous generation was, relative to PC hardware. However, there's so much financial incentive for him to say this that I would expect him to say this regardless of reality. That's why I'd like to hear AMD say this as they got the next-gen contracts or, as Cram says, hear him say this if Nvidia had gotten one or both.

- Quboid

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
1. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 10:04 Quboid

I want to hear an AMD rep say this.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
78. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 28, 2013, 12:57 Quboid

The kickstarter finished at $2m, 4x what they asked for - what panbient said. Anyway, panbient says the game will probably be delayed and in response, you imply that it might well be delayed ... so why's he talking shit?

It seems illogical to criticise the people urging caution of having unrealistic expectations.

- Quboid

3918 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo