Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4274 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
19. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 17:29 Quboid

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 16:21:
I mean, we've seen the same thing happen to Microsoft when demoing upcoming versions of Windows - shit happens.

Did that sound reassuring in your head? Because that's not reassuring.

Reagle, seriously?

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
10. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 15:24 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 15:02:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 14:48:
Queue the tinfoil hatters:

"It's all misdirection to hide the fact that they've spent all the money on hookers and blow."

Oh really? And what have you seen that leads you believe different? Oh right, NOTHING. Keep on rationalizing away though.

Given that "nothing" is the sum total of the evidence, I'm entirely comfortable using that rationalisation. As in, there's NOTHING that suggests he deserves to be accused of this.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2014, 18:02 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 17:39:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 12:12:
Come on Apple champions, defend this shit!

And eff you Barry you crony capitalist lying sack of shit!

No one defends Apple,we just struggle to see how Google is better. Or Monsanto. Or WalMart.

Yes you do. You Appleites sit here an constantly kiss its ass and praise it and worship it. It's a fucking cult. I'm surprised many of you didn't commit suicide when that prick Jobs died.

Here? I don't think I've seen any obsessive Apple fans here. Calling out bullshit doesn't make one a fan of anybody or anything other than reality. I've done that before; when you went off on one about the working condition in Apple's contracted factories I asked you who made your phone or monitor, wondering if they're any better. You never did answer.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Apr 24, 2014, 09:00 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:19:
Quboid wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:57:
Some people just have way too much goddamned time and money on their hands. And to think several million people a year die of hunger and hunger releated illness and millions more to poverty in general. The species is doomed.

Just think of all the good you could have done in the time you wasted on this post, you hypocrite. You could have signed a dozen online petitions, undoubtedly saving millions. You're a MONSTER!

Clearly someone needs to explain to you what "degrees" means.

That would probably be a good idea, since "degrees" seems like a non-sequitur to me. In case it wasn't clear, I was joking - for a start I'm not sure an online petition has ever achieved a damn thing.

- Quboid

News Comments > Project CARS Trailer
4. Re: Project CARS Trailer Apr 23, 2014, 22:37 Quboid

Are Project CARS and Assetto Corsa aiming to be the same thing? What's the difference between them and which should I keep a closer eye on?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
19. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 22:03 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:41:
As much as I like bluesnews, I have my doubts that a link here in this category has much effect on a campaigns success or not.. in the end major deciding factor is gonna be big communities... or general public interest (ie, hype)

But it's one of the few categories where I click on all links ;9 Because you never know what might be behind them. A true gem, or just.. a project with nostalgia but barely a chance to make funding...

It contributes to the hype, particularly if there isn't much (of course, in that case Blue is less likely to hear of it). It won't swing a campaign that's way off but it could help. Some people will hear about projects that they wouldn't otherwise ... like, perhaps, a true gem or just a project with nostalgia.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2014, 21:54 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:57:
Some people just have way too much goddamned time and money on their hands. And to think several million people a year die of hunger and hunger releated illness and millions more to poverty in general. The species is doomed.

Just think of all the good you could have done in the time you wasted on this post, you hypocrite. You could have signed a dozen online petitions, undoubtedly saving millions. You're a MONSTER!

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2014, 16:02 Quboid

Fion wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:43:
Supreme court has a history of disagreeing with oral arguments and then voting the other way.

Sadly, with this extreme corporation/unlimited money in politics court, Aero could be proved legal by every court in the world and the Supreme Court is still going to 5/4 kill it. Even if it is nothing more than a rent (as opposed to own) antenna with personal-cloud DVR.

Apropos of nothing, if Aereo is legal doesn't that mean that the law is an ass?

If what Aereo do is legal but the simpler, massively more efficient systems that a 10 year old could design are illegal, then the law is illogical. Hampering efficiency isn't officially supposed to be sole point of laws.

This shouldn't have any bearing on this case but I wonder if, should the Supreme Court clear Aereo, someone could make an argument for laxer laws.

- Quboid

17. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 15:51 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:17:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 13:07:
This is why I don't think a roundup is a good idea after all. Rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple times a day, just let the decent KS projects float to the top as they naturally do and give them their own post.

The thing is, who decides what is a decent KS project.... imo it's better to have a constant stream of information, than filtered information...

Blue must be pretty influential in this respect, getting mentioned on Bluesnews must be a pretty big deal for a campaign that's not otherwise well publicised. This way more campaigns each get less exposure, which is fairer. Being fair in this regard isn't really Blue's job but with great power comes great responsibility and all that.

- Quboid

6. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
All these Kickstarters should be listed under "examples: How not to run your Kickstarter"

If you want my money, you gotta tell me what for... and you got 3 minutes to do it, in your intro video. And to show me that you are competent I want to see gameplay, not just images of irrelevant stuff.

Universe Edge has a time frame reaching up to 2017 (wow!).. Cat Simulator has cats without fur ... you know.. FUR, what most cats HAVE) ? ^^

Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

That is an awful Kickstarter. "Watch the alpha trailer above to give you an idea of where we are at." - they've done a low quality model and ripped annoying audio from a meme. Shut up and take my money!

Unless they're going for a Goat Simulator type of game, I don't think a cat simulation would be very interesting. I don't know where my cat is now but at a guess he's snoozing somewhere where he's hidden from view but getting the sun. Lovely for him I'm sure, but not in ways that a simulator will recreate.

- Quboid

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
27. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 18:36 Quboid

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 18:00:
After playing Assetto Corsa everything else feels like child's play. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with a fun gamepad driving game, it's just that the nuances and challenge of a sim like Assetto Corsa is so addictive that when I try other car games now I feel like they're on rails. That includes Forza on Xbone and Project Cars (which is my second most played car game after Assetto).

Sims can be fun too.

I'm tempted to get Assetto Corsa. Do you know how good the Rift support is? I find ETS2 is a bit tricky with the Rift, I can't make out the GPS well enough at the low resolution.

- Quboid

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
23. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 16:09 Quboid

GRID was about my level of driving game and I'd like to see this with in-cabin view, Oculus Rift support and no fad X-Games type bullshit. I've long wanted a more realistic driving game in an open world but I couldn't see how anybody could make a game out of it. Turns out, you make it about delivering cargo around Europe by truck.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2014, 19:48 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 15:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 14:46:
Retro City Rampage .99! Go buy now. Or you are dumb.

But, but, but I hate 8 bit graphics! Sell me on it.

It's not my thing but for 69p, why not?

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Apr 19, 2014, 08:36 Quboid

I quite like Angry Joe. He lays it on a bit thick but that's his thing and there is some substance behind it, he doesn't just arse around.

That said, showing a screenshot of a preview while criticising reviews is misleading. The IGN guy is right about this, although I have to wonder why their preview was so positive.

I watch reviews like that on my second monitor while playing SimCity 4 on my main one so the length is a blessing to me. I couldn't imagine sitting down to focus on this sort of thing like I do with Game of Thrones.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2014, 09:20 Quboid

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 09:13:
Both of these companies are fruitcakes. You can't trademark a common name like candy or saga.

Did you RTFA? Only King attempted to, and as they've been largely successful apparently you can.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
144. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 17, 2014, 18:04 Quboid

Thanks Drillo. I thought maybe they'd revealed a bit more because they're being so transparent but there's no particular reason why they would or should.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
142. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 21:10 Quboid

Drillo wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 23:50:
I know you put it up as an hypothetical, but they said its going all to development

I didn't know that - I admit that I am ignorant on this subject, but unlike some I do know that I'm ignorant. Has he talked about how much he and other senior figures are getting paid? I wouldn't begrudge him a decent wage in additional to presumably owning some of the company, but naturally a 7 figure annual income would be a bit dicey.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 16, 2014, 21:04 Quboid

Jensen wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 18:28:
It's hard to even guess sales without knowing what CV2 or CV3 will contain. I'd rather they focus on getting a controller out next... Something like a PS Move that is tracked as quickly and accurately as the HMD is.

True. A better phrasing is how will VR develop in the next few years, after the initial reaction to the CV1? Will it maintain momentum, or is it a novelty that will wear off?

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 17:33 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 17:05:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 16:52:
i'm fairly sure noone forced her to stick a toy plane up her hooha.

Are you rationalizing the the act because a woman did it, therefore all women are 'okay with it'?

Nobody has said or implied anything at all like that and I don't know why you would think anybody has.

My logic is "this person did it therefore this person is okay with it".

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 14:45 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:57:
Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:41:

Hahaha you're so wrong, if anything it would prompt even more jokes.

It degrades women. Males who don't realize this are either misogynistic or uneducated.

Every woman has the right to insert a model aeroplane into any orifice she wishes. Stop trying to subjugate women you uneducated misogynist!

- Quboid

4274 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo