Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4268 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
78. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 30, 2014, 13:59 Quboid

Tumbler, thank you but I was aware of that. Better hardware and better internet connections can unbalance things but that's long been a fact of PC gaming and is unavoidable. This is a world away from a game being created that is apparently designed specifically to penalise those who don't spend as much. This isn't just avoidable, that's RSI going out of their way to force this by implementing the shop.

The Rock-Scissors-Paper nature of the ships could only make things worse. Not only does my rival have better ships, he has a selection of ships that he can pick from so my Rock always faces his Paper, not his Scissors.

I don't follow the WW2 example. I wouldn't have 5 Hurricanes, I'd have 1. I'd be the guy getting his ass kicked. Perhaps the matchmaking system will ensure a fair fight but I'd rather they didn't go out of their way to have unfair fights in the first place.

SpectralMeat, I've played P2W games and it makes all the difference. I'm not a spoilt child, I accept defeat in a fair fight but I don't fancy spending time or any real money to partake in an unfair one. Beating someone in their $2,000 ship would be nice but it's not going to happen - the only thing that will happen is that I'll have spent $40 to get my ass handed to me and I don't like the sound of that.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 30, 2014, 07:32 Quboid

Tumbler wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:43:
If there is a cash shop the only thing they sell is UEC which is the currency of the game. I don't think most people consider that a cash shop.

You will be able to buy whatever you want with UEC inside the game.

Then it's a cash shop with a currency exchange. I convert my currency when I buy fuel for my car too, that's still ultimately using my native currency to buy stuff.

That you can buy everything in-game without spending a penny doesn't stop it from being pay to win. If I am in combat with someone else and I have even a suspicion that they've benefited from spending more real money than I have, then pay to win is seriously damaging the game.

If I'm beaten by someone who is better than me, fine. If I am beaten by someone who has spent more time building up their empire, fine. If I am beaten by someone who has broken out their credit card then the game's integrity is shot.

- Quboid

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
30. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 07:23 Quboid

Jerykk wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:57:
The aiming looks suspiciously like auto-aim but I'll assume that's optional on the PC. I don't like how he snipes with a silenced pistol at the 2:00 mark, auto-aim auto-shmaim, a pistol couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that range and a silenced one wouldn't penetrate wet bread.

If you're looking for realism in a Wolfenstein game, you may be barking up the wrong tree...

Next you'll be telling me that Hitler didn't really have chain gun arms. Come on!

- Quboid

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 20:44 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:19:
I had zero interest in this when it was announced. But now, the more I see of it? I think it looks fun...

It looks decent, it could be a fun shooter. The other Wolfenstein games weren't the height of sophistication - well, except the original, which perhaps was both the most sophisticated FPS and the least, by virtue of being the only one.

The aiming looks suspiciously like auto-aim but I'll assume that's optional on the PC. I don't like how he snipes with a silenced pistol at the 2:00 mark, auto-aim auto-shmaim, a pistol couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that range and a silenced one wouldn't penetrate wet bread.

- Quboid

63. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 17:47 Quboid

There are subscriptions? Not just that, but the subscriptions are for nothing? Hmm.  

- Quboid

61. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 17:16 Quboid

Kosumo wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 17:07:
Hold up, they are sell a monthly $10 sub already as well? OMG - I'm stunned.

Jim Jones is gonna be spinning in his grave that he did not do this first.

Good thing its not gonna be pay for win Sarcasticclap

It appears to be pay to win - despite having an upfront cost - but there's no subscription fee.

P2W isn't really acceptable in a free game so after the sprawling development, that's my biggest concern.

Beamer, this thread has pretty much just been people mocking the other threads but generally speaking, as with most Internet arguments, people emotionally involved either way just parrot the same stuff every time, even down to copy & pasting the same tedious bullshit on to half a dozen threads.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:20 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:57:
<SWOON!>

Kind of wish my father was around to see this...he took me to all the original movies, and even bought me an AT-AT, as reward for not scratching my chicken pox...

That site's pretty hosed, here's the skinny:

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

I've only heard of 2 of the new cast members.

- Quboid

28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 11:56 Quboid

Flak wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:38:
From Roberts' weekly FAQ videos, he said the Dog Fighting Module is scheduled to begin rolling out by the second week of May and should be fully rolled out for everyone by the third week of may.

So where are they crusty old farts claiming we wouldn't see a playable version of this game anytime this summer? Oh right.

The biggest thing for me, all the douchebaggery around here aside, is how well it'll play online. If it's laggy it'll be unplayable, I'm interested to see how they tackle networking issues, if they can pull it off, I'll be there day 1.

I assume it's pretty much inevitable that it will be very buggy and that the net code will be described as being a mess. It'll be an early release of a notoriously difficult thing to get right, I don't know if this is labelled pre-alpha or alpha but either way, it's virtually inevitable that it won't work very well.

If you think Star Citizen threads have been toxic before, the ones straight after the DFM will be horrific. The misguided smugness from those who are emotionally invested in SC failing and the righteous anger from those who are emotionally invested in SC succeeding will make our eyes bleed.

Unsure if he's a holier-than-thou apologist, a fan-boy, neither or both,

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2014, 21:26 Quboid

I've always disliked the Desert Eagle, it seems like a gun with an inferiority complex. I've never used one IRL but I can't imagine it's very practical.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2014, 13:04 Quboid

Congratulations Blue and Mrs. Blue!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 27, 2014, 12:22 Quboid

J wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 11:27:
I'll buy DayZ when it's finished. ... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
By which time, many players will have moved on and those that remain have no patience for annoying newbies and spend their time moaning about them.

I think DayZ's business model will kill it as a game. But make lots of money so who cares?!

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
38. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 21:32 Quboid

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 21:23:
Want to form a clan and dominate the scum?

Hell no, I'm not putting my money anywhere near this thing!

Seriously, I don't agree with the more pessimistic predictions and I think questioning Chris Roberts' integrity is uncalled for. However, I'm not going to buy it until there's a game because although I've no reason to believe they're doing anything but trying to make the best game they can, that doesn't mean it will be particularly good.

- Quboid

34. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 21:19 Quboid

I didn't post any videos. It was sarcasm.  

- Quboid

31. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 21:06 Quboid

You know early nineties games barely had textures? You're being silly. Here's your video evidence. Watch any Star Citizen video and put the resolution up above 320p and there you go. You've been on Bluesnews for ages, you know that's just not true.

Edit: Here's two screenshots. Open them each in their own tab, zoom them to fit your screen (assuming you game in full screen). Pop quiz, which is the 1994 space sim and which is the 20?? space sim? These are the actual resolutions so remember to fill your screen!
Shot A
Shot B

That could be a bullshot but I think the point stands.

- Quboid

19. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 17:29 Quboid

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 16:21:
I mean, we've seen the same thing happen to Microsoft when demoing upcoming versions of Windows - shit happens.

Did that sound reassuring in your head? Because that's not reassuring.

Reagle, seriously?

- Quboid

10. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 15:24 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 15:02:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 14:48:
Queue the tinfoil hatters:

"It's all misdirection to hide the fact that they've spent all the money on hookers and blow."

Oh really? And what have you seen that leads you believe different? Oh right, NOTHING. Keep on rationalizing away though.

Given that "nothing" is the sum total of the evidence, I'm entirely comfortable using that rationalisation. As in, there's NOTHING that suggests he deserves to be accused of this.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2014, 18:02 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 17:39:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 12:12:
Come on Apple champions, defend this shit!

And eff you Barry you crony capitalist lying sack of shit!

No one defends Apple,we just struggle to see how Google is better. Or Monsanto. Or WalMart.

Yes you do. You Appleites sit here an constantly kiss its ass and praise it and worship it. It's a fucking cult. I'm surprised many of you didn't commit suicide when that prick Jobs died.

Here? I don't think I've seen any obsessive Apple fans here. Calling out bullshit doesn't make one a fan of anybody or anything other than reality. I've done that before; when you went off on one about the working condition in Apple's contracted factories I asked you who made your phone or monitor, wondering if they're any better. You never did answer.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Apr 24, 2014, 09:00 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:19:
Quboid wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:57:
Some people just have way too much goddamned time and money on their hands. And to think several million people a year die of hunger and hunger releated illness and millions more to poverty in general. The species is doomed.

Just think of all the good you could have done in the time you wasted on this post, you hypocrite. You could have signed a dozen online petitions, undoubtedly saving millions. You're a MONSTER!

Clearly someone needs to explain to you what "degrees" means.

That would probably be a good idea, since "degrees" seems like a non-sequitur to me. In case it wasn't clear, I was joking - for a start I'm not sure an online petition has ever achieved a damn thing.

- Quboid

News Comments > Project CARS Trailer
4. Re: Project CARS Trailer Apr 23, 2014, 22:37 Quboid

Are Project CARS and Assetto Corsa aiming to be the same thing? What's the difference between them and which should I keep a closer eye on?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
19. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 22:03 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:41:
As much as I like bluesnews, I have my doubts that a link here in this category has much effect on a campaigns success or not.. in the end major deciding factor is gonna be big communities... or general public interest (ie, hype)

But it's one of the few categories where I click on all links ;9 Because you never know what might be behind them. A true gem, or just.. a project with nostalgia but barely a chance to make funding...

It contributes to the hype, particularly if there isn't much (of course, in that case Blue is less likely to hear of it). It won't swing a campaign that's way off but it could help. Some people will hear about projects that they wouldn't otherwise ... like, perhaps, a true gem or just a project with nostalgia.

- Quboid

4268 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo