Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4498 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
2. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 21:00 Quboid

They have the right to free speech but Valve aren't obligated to provide a microphone. That's not censorship, that's Valve exercising their freedom.

At a cursory glance, it looks like controversy bait; marketing through outrage. Maybe there is more to it, playing from the bad guy's perspective might be interesting if it's not just Postal style immaturity.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2014, 18:36 Quboid

There's the big problem, politicians aren't going to vote to take money out of politics. Why would their masters ever allow them to? Especially with a 2 party system where, as you say, both parties are heavily sponsored and both candidates can be purchased - this is what leads to a financial oligarchy.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2014, 17:00 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 16:14:
Something like 90% of elections are determined by the side that spends more money.

Around 90% of elections (U.S. congressional seats, 2012) are won by the side that spends more money. That doesn't mean that the money determined the election. If one candidate seems more likely to win, they will attract donations because no one wants to buy someone who isn't going to be in power.

Money has way too much influence in politics, don't get me wrong, but I think this statistic gets misrepresented.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. FFS! Dec 14, 2014, 15:00 Quboid

I'll be getting a choice of the PC games in that "Naughty or Nice" list this Christmas  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 13, 2014, 09:53 Quboid

That was marketing, not game design (assuming you mean the pre-release footage?). That could be another list, Watch Dogs can join it there.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2014, 23:08 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 22:35:
Is it PG13?

I don't know but at least one recent film was neutered to get more people into the cinema, I think it was the Robocop remake.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 16:12 Quboid

Can you use a trainer to make you invulnerable until you get to land? I presume people still make those.  

- Quboid

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
16. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 15:59 Quboid

Thanks guys. I didn't know it was the same people as did TDU, that explains a lot - those games were both rather underwhelming aside from satisfying an exploration bug.  

- Quboid

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
8. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 11:50 Quboid

I'm probably going to get a Geforce 970 for Christmas which means a free copy of this or Assassin's Creed: Unity (the other option, Far Cry 4, I already own).

This doesn't sound like much of a choice now that these are out. I don't even like the good Ass Creed games so it is encouraging that you compare this to TDU as I quite liked those games.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 10, 2014, 21:37 Quboid

Tom Hardy has been excellent every time I've seen him.

As long as it's not PG-13...

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 9, 2014, 23:29 Quboid

It's not a device, it's a standard that allows different programs to use different devices (dongle, fingerprint reader, etc). As far as I know, there is basically no way at present for a web site to enable sign-in via finger-print as there's a hundred different systems on a hundred different OSes - and a remote web page can't access that stuff any way.

I'd be nervous about signing in to Facebook with my fingerprint. Even if they don't actually receive any biometric data (I think, I'm not sure!) that is a little creepy.

- Quboid

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 Quboid

I associate balaclavas with nefarious activities so much, I'd do a double-take if I ever actually saw someone wearing one outside. I blame the IRA, and our cool temperate climate.  

- Quboid

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
7. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 8, 2014, 22:34 Quboid

There's a really great game concept here and Day Z doesn't look like it is going to deliver. Maybe this will be it. The Forest is the survival game that looks most promising but it's single player only so not the same.  

- Quboid

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2014, 19:32 Quboid

A Far Cry 4 patch, version 1.5, is downloading via Uplay. 1.35GB. No changelog that I can find but apparently it has performance improvements.

Edit - Changelog:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/969552-PC-Patch-1-5-0-December-8th-2014

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 19:42.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 19:25 Quboid

It was a speech at a conference, not a court ruling. I don't know anything about him and maybe he has made unconstitutional rulings but he is entitled to his opinion, no?

I don't know what, if any, restrictions there are on judges speaking publicly. It would be difficult for a judge to stay in their position if they were too critical of the law; they could become a political pawn.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
53. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 8, 2014, 13:12 Quboid

Slick wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:08:
sigh... it's nice to see that i'm not the one being picked on in this particular thread for enjoying a videogame. (on a videogame forum, whodathunk?!)

just because bullying happens often on this board, still know that it's mocked by the quiet masses who read but don't post. you prove to everyone that you're petty when you can't engage on the issue, and instead revert to personal shit.

calling people shills, PR-monkeys, or just insinuating that they're disingenuous because they enjoy something instead of panning it, just makes you look all more the fool.

just sayin. continue to prove me right. or surprize everyone by growing a conscience.

Like when you told me to kill myself because I compared the effect of people demanding a PC game be on Steam to the fees that developers have to pay MS and Sony for console versions?

I don't disagree with this post and I find the arrogance of shill accusations to be rather irksome (do they really find it hard to believe that someone might actually honestly disagree with them?!) but you should really ask yourself if you are ever part of the problem. I wasn't traumatised and I know you weren't making death threats but if that's not bullying, it is at least dragging a conversation down there.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 18:48 Quboid

Rossini wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:30:
Genesys wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 12:36:
Welcome back, Skyrim!
3+ years after it's release. My question is, who are all these people who haven't bought it until now?

Console gamers who re-buy it when they happen to get a decent PC, to play with mods? That's just a theory.

The engine feels clunky. The same awkward moving issues, particularly when trying to jump around scenery, have existed since Oblivion if not earlier. Separate indoor and outdoor areas is quite dated and unmodded it has poor detail at distance. It's far from a write-off, but I'd like to see a lot more progress for The Elder Scrolls 6 - but presumably it will be next-gen so non-visual stuff won't be a priority.

- Quboid

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2014, 18:35 Quboid

Sorry to hear that too Capella, pets are the best companions.  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2014, 14:50 Quboid

It's funny but Christianity had nothing to do with it. Somebody somewhere is going to take this the wrong way and we'll see "Gamers Are Against Christ" headlines.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
21. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 19:56 Quboid

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 19:48:
CD's are a state of the art storage device that store lossless audio. Good alternative for when FLAC files aren't available online.

The MP3s are 128 Kbit

- Quboid

4498 Comments. 225 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo