Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5060 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
21. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 23:18 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:04:
History is replete with examples of people who simply could not accept the fate of something...

- Passengers on the Titanic
- Adolf Hitler towards the end of World War 2
- White people not wanting to grant basic civil rights to African-Americans (i.e. voting)
- Emperor Honorious watching the Visigoths cresting over the seventh hill (the Roman Empire was about to fall)
- General Custard
- Banks, Investment firms and Rating Agencies in 2008
- Flagship Studios

I would like to add a new group to this list:

- Star Citizen "White Knight" backers

From this moment on anyone who continues to blindly support Star Citizen and Cloud Imperium Game without a modicum of doubt should no longer be worth anybody's time. They have effectively become the Hitler Downfall video meme.

It's a computer game, keep some perspective!

Who's General Custard anyway?

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
7. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 19:59 Quboid

Fantaz wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:54:
Derek Smart! Derek Smart! Derek Smart!

The Cult of Chris Roberts crowd are going to blame him when this goes tits up. And he's going to lap up the attention because he's Derek Smart, negative attention (or abuse, as he calls it) makes him feel important. So despite this all being Chris Roberts' fault (and I suspect DS would agree with me on that), DS will get the infamy that he craves.

Well played, sir. Well played. Clap

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 11:16 Quboid

Everyone wants their own money printing Marvel Cinematic Universe.  

- Quboid

News Comments > The Beginner's Guide Begins
1. Re: The Beginner's Guide Begins Oct 1, 2015, 20:41 Quboid

First impression: it feels like Davey Wreden giving himself a hand job in the form of a walking simulator. Maybe it will come to a satisfying climax but so far it's rather limp.

The Stanley Parable was brilliant so maybe this will turn around. Maybe its more artsy, philosophical style just doesn't suit me.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2015, 22:14 Quboid

That seems harsh but YouTube subscriptions would be DOA if this wasn't the case. YouTube can't offer a subscription service with *less* content than the free one and they need to be on firm legal ground. Assuming the content creators are getting paid as much, this seems like the natural evolution of the business model. I don't see an alternative apart from not offering ad-free subscriptions at all.

I'll get a subscription. Especially for a site I visit frequently, I am happy to contribute and I'd rather throw a few bucks their way than receive ads and trackers. (Hint hint!)

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2015, 19:58 Quboid

Why did this guy think he was entitled to skip the queue in the first place?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Dawns
2. Cities: Skylines 1.2.0 Sep 24, 2015, 11:36 Quboid

There's a patch out too. Here's the changelog, split into what's part of After Dark and what is added/changed with the base game. The day/night cycle isn't actually part of the DLC, it's free for everyone.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
19. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 11:52 Quboid

Rigs wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 11:19:
harlock wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:52:
all celebrities are overpaid, across the board

that includes all your precious little ball-sports players as well... so called "reality stars" and any kind of "personality" or recognizable name person

the VO business is just another business, and all of you dumbshits complaining about it have no fucking clue how it operates, so you can whine about it all day long but it has nothing to do with the business, just your own inability to understand how the real world actually works

'I'm not crazy, all of you are!' Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

"Here's some real world examples which I think are wrong, now about *your* inability to understand how the real world works."

I think that top ball players should be paid a lot. Top ball players are paid a lot. You're the one with a problem with how the real world works, harlock.

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
10. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 21, 2015, 21:53 Quboid

NamecaF wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 21:21:
Did any of you actually watch the clip? It's not just the dog that cant die. And being a Bethesda game I'm sure there will be a mod for those cry babies that actually want their companions to die.

I didn't notice that there are 2 videos

That system seems fair. It's not exactly hardcore but Fallout isn't really aimed at that market any more, rather for relatively casual RPG players like me.

The companions may be needed for plot reasons too.

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
4. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 21, 2015, 20:53 Quboid

It seems like a bad idea to treat the dog companion differently to the others, if this is the case. Letting just the dog survive anything breaks immersion more than having all companions do that.

I do tend to get more attached to animals in games than humans. In Skyrim, I tried to leave the Forsworn tribesmen alone until I couldn't avoid a fight and Frost, my horse, got killed. After that, I hunted and butchered any Forsworn I could. Having my horse get killed - and not in a contrived, manipulative cutscene - was very memorable.

It's strange that a horse or a dog matters more to me than countless human characters. I suppose that, in real life, I'd rather hang out with a horse or dog than most humans...

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 21:04 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 20:05:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 18:36:
Soooooooo, PSVR is going to launch for around $500 - $550 US ... good luck with that.

Which according to the calculator is just shy of 400 bucks....

It 'could' cost 350, based on this author's wild speculation. All Sony reportedly said was "will be priced as a new gaming platform", which could be anything from 150 to 500.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2015, 08:28 Quboid

Insurgency?  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 16, 2015, 15:17 Quboid

sauron wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:42:
harlock wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 11:19:
never mind the bollocks

Here's the real Bollocks

"This video contains content from Warner Chappell, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Yup, utter bollocks.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 20:31 Quboid

How much is it worth playing MGS: Ground Zeroes before starting The Phantom Pain?

I bought both at the same time and I've played a few GZ missions (the story mission, rescuing Hideo, blowing up AAA, assassinating 2 officers). It is only 16% completed but if much of the rest is stuff like marking enemies quickly, I think I can live without it. I don't know what carries over between the games.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Sep 12, 2015, 20:56 Quboid

FWIW, TotalBiscuit mentioned sales compared to video views in this video. Half a million views, 20 sales. That's 1 sale for every 25,000 views or a conversion rate of 0.004%. Wow, that's awful.

This is one video of one game from a YouTuber (who apes PewDiePie, targeting young kids who buy fewer games) but I'm surprised that it's ever that low. I would have expected a video with half a million views to get a few hundred sales at the very least.

I'd guess that the typical conversion rate is around 0.05% - 1%.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 12, 2015, 14:54 Quboid

Mack seems to be getting progressively worse as a reviewer and an increasing amount of his shtick seems to be that if you don't agree with him you are a complete and utter *ding*.

It's particularly painful when he changes his mind on something and starts slagging off the position he just held. He moaned about Early Access, then he started to review them and starts slagging off people who are dismissive of Early Access. He recently got a console and he started complaining about PC elitists! Has he seen pretty much every other one of his videos?!

He can be funny, but it seems to be less often. He was never much of a reviewer but he somehow seems to be getting less informed.

- Quboid

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
3. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 11, 2015, 19:36 Quboid

It's a walking simulator, so it's not everyone's cup of tea. I found it to be a *lot* better than Dear Esther. Better than Gone Home too, but not by much IMHO. Both are interesting to play once. It is very, very pretty.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2015, 16:05 Quboid

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 14:57:
Immigration has done great things for America and I feel for the refugees but we're just getting back on our feet financially, I'm not even sure we can afford to take them all in. We have our own poor and hungry right here at home. Plus isn't everyone always bitching about America being too involved in world affairs? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There's a world of difference between meddling with or invading other countries for the benefit of your country/its decision makers, and helping out in a humanitarian crisis - particularly when this crisis is partly caused by our countries' meddling.

eRe4s3r, what would you have The Verge write? It seems that they are damned if they do show empathy, damned if they don't.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 16:13 Quboid

Surely the big question is: did you guys like Colbert?  

- Quboid

News Comments > FIFA 16 Demo
7. Re: FIFA 16 Demo Sep 9, 2015, 22:49 Quboid

The PC port of FIFA 15 is pretty good and AFAIK is a direct port of the PS4/Xbone versions. Better than those versions, as it runs at 1440p with 4x MSAA at a steady 60 FPS.

It is designed to be played with a gamepad but that's inherent to the game style, rather than a porting issue. The interface could be more mouse friendly but really, if you can't use a gamepad, don't bother with FIFA.

- Quboid

5060 Comments. 253 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo