Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4180 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 14:41 Quboid

That Avatar's new? I wasn't sure. Very nice, but it doesn't beat a cat's head in silloette.

I read the IGN review before reading these comments, I shouldn't have given them the hit. If anyone's wondering, surprisingly enough they really like it! Who'd have thunk!

9.4 AMAZING

In total, BioShock Infinite is a brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay. It trips over itself in a couple of spots, but not in any way that should keep you from embracing it with your utmost enthusiasm.

I'm off to barf.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
140. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:42 Quboid

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing effort isn't the problem with low income voters, more the cost.

having voter ID wouldn't hurt the GOP anyway just the democrats

Exactly.

I bet it's not just her too, I'd be amazed if it was. It's sure to be quite a few others, from both parties. Fighting voter fraud, be it individuals voting several times or one of the two parties trying to fix whole states should be cracked down on, but if you put a price on voting, you exclude the poor. That's useful to the party of the rich, but it's not democratic.

(PS: I changed my previous comment when I realised I might not have answered your point, sorry to confuse things.)

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
137. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:18 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:02:
Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:30:
Weasel wording is wording that's true, but leaves a false impression. Saying there was voting fraud in the 2 elections he won is true, but it implies that there wasn't voting fraud in other elections and that the voting fraud had the slightest jot of relevance.

The left is generally against it? Perhaps because it's totalitarian, more likely, as GOP officials have admitted, because it's designed to stop legitimate voters who have difficulty getting photo ID from voting - voters with low education and who don't speak English as a first language. Voters who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's voter fraud which could actually make a difference. Why haven't they been made accountable?

Edit: I see you've now moved the goal posts from photo ID to absentee ballots. Handy.

LOL you need a picture ID for a ton of day to day shit as is. Don't give me the flimsy it's "too hard to get one" excuse. That's the biggest bowl of bullshit. If you can't make the effort to stand in line at the DMV for an hour or less, then you don't fucking deserve the right to vote.

Voting law opponents contend these laws disproportionately affect elderly, minority and low-income groups that tend to vote Democratic. Obtaining photo ID can be costly and burdensome, with even free state ID requiring documents like a birth certificate that can cost up to $25 in some places. According to a study from NYU's Brennan Center, 11 percent of voting-age citizens lack necessary photo ID while many people in rural areas have trouble accessing ID offices. (source)

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
133. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 16:30 Quboid

Weasel wording is wording that's true, but leaves a false impression. Saying there was voting fraud in the 2 elections he won is true, but it implies that there wasn't voting fraud in other elections and that the voting fraud had the slightest jot of relevance.

The left is generally against it? Perhaps because it's totalitarian, more likely, as GOP officials have admitted, because it's designed to stop legitimate voters who have difficulty getting photo ID from voting - voters with low education and who don't speak English as a first language. Voters who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's voter fraud which could actually make a difference. Why haven't they been made accountable?

Edit: I see you've now moved the goal posts from photo ID to absentee ballots. Handy.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2013, 16:40.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
129. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 15:42 Quboid

Why do lawmakers on the left want to reduce the availability of high power weapons? Gee, I don't know, maybe because people are being killed by them, in elementary schools, cimenas, amongst other places. What threat to them in the long run? Not much. Do you have a problem with politicians not acting out of self interest?

You're getting off topic there, but it's interesting that you consider being against requiring picture ID to be totalitarian. I'm sure the voter fraud (weasel wording again, not just his 2 wins but every election ever) made a big difference. Hilariously, that guy's almost definitely a Republican and certainly anti-gun control.

- Quboid

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
21. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 15:30 Quboid

Good points Xero and JeffD, LOD stuff and/or cutscene only will reduce the load a lot.  

- Quboid

11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 13:31 Quboid

From the Techday article:
causing a ripple of annoyance from various journalists on Twitter, including Spike TVís Geoff Keighley

That's Geoff Keighley, of Doritos and Mountain Dew fame, annoyed that game reviewers might be selling out? Cry me a fucking river you epic douche.

- Quboid

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 13:28 Quboid

So this is a trailer for a trailer, and not even the first trailer for this trailer? How much more can they saturate the market before these aren't newsworthy?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
127. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 13:03 Quboid

I wasn't joking about the rape, I was joking about your inconsistencies and endless logical fallacies.

Also, I don't see what's hypocritical about someone who owns a handgun wanting to ban automatic rifles, if that's what that hearing was about. Even if she wanted to ban handguns, it would only be hypocritical if the bill was worded so she could keep hers.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2013, 13:11.

- Quboid

News Comments > NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed
18. Re: NVIDIA Face Rendering Demoed Mar 21, 2013, 12:59 Quboid

The sheer amount of development that must go into this, in terms of modelling and texturing, it makes me wonder if we'll ever see this very often. I suppose the day will come when Hollywood's latest star gets scanned and high definition models/textures created from them and then we'll get games starring Ryan Gosling or whoever.

If this took half the card's processing power, it's a long way off anyway. How much gameplay are you going to get when a single person's head is taking half the graphics card's resources.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Google Glass Mar 21, 2013, 10:48 Quboid

DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION WAS RIGHT! THE WAR IS STARTING NOW!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Fantasy Village TMed
1. Re: Fantasy Village TMed Mar 21, 2013, 10:46 Quboid

Oh Blue, you are a card  

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
118. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 10:35 Quboid

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 08:29:
Funny how statistics don't matter unless it's to back your agenda. http://tinyurl.com/cmg4872 You democrats should be ashamed at yourselves.

Is that Beamer? I thought you said he was a black man, now he's a white woman? He must be Michael Jackson.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2013, 22:39 Quboid

I didn't know they existed, that's horrible. You get automatically scanned when driving throughout cities in the US, in case you are a criminal?

I'm surprised this exists, but I'm very surprised that people aren't furious about this (AFAIK) especially in the US of all places.

Since when was checking if a random person is a criminal acceptable behaviour in a free society? If the authorities have reason to suspect you have committed a crime then I can understand it but to just check everyone all the time is ghastly.

I really hope I'm misunderstanding this.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
111. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 16:39 Quboid

I brought developed/developing nations into the discussion, but whether a country is developed or not isn't the point - whether the country is comparable to the US is the point. That's not the same thing.

It's not a question of "is this country developed", it's a question of "is this country about as developed as the USA".

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
20. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 16:33 Quboid

Dev wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:22:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:18:
If the full version doesn't come out for whatever reason, I imagine Valve will have to refund you.
Unlikely, that would basically put them into position of financially guaranteeing the final finished release of every single game they have. They only refund pre-orders (which for AAA games are typically already finished and gone gold, or nearly so), and they could make the case that this is termed early access, not pre-order and that you get to play the game in advance so you got your money's worth.

Actually, thats probably yet another reason why they are doing this early access program.

It wouldn't be Valve, it would be the developer - but if the full game doesn't come out, the chances of them still existing would be minimal. I suspect that money would be gone, which is why I'm not keen on spending £20 on Prison Architect. I doubt the finished game will cost more.

Kickstarter appears cheaper, but here you get early access. These probably have a higher chance of being completed as Valve are going to be careful who they let on.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
9. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 16:12 Quboid

ASeven wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 15:25:
Prison Architect is shaping up to become the best tycoon type of game on the PC in a decade. Strongly recommended, even in alpha.

That does look like fun and Introversion are cool. It's not the first prison sim for what that's worth (zilch). I'm tempted. The price seems pretty high for an alpha, £20 would be steep for the full game and what happens if the project never gets that far?

I like how for just an extra £7, they'll let me do some of their work for them. Bargain!

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
108. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 15:19 Quboid

No, of course they're not! The question is whether or not gun control would reduce the murder rate in the USA so only comparable nations are comparable. That could not be more self evident.

I have not asserted that developed versus undeveloped is relevant, I've asserted that only comparable nations (as in, similar wealth, policing, education etc) is relevant. I can not believe you honestly can't see this. At this point, you are closing your eyes, putting your fingers in your ears and shouting 'blaharghargh'.

For someone who incorrectly accused me of intentionally cherry picking data, you are being ridiculous and you are either being intentionally dishonest or seriously lack intelligence - that's not a mindless insult, that's the only alternative.

- Quboid

14. Re: Game Reviews Mar 20, 2013, 13:34 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:43:
Gadzooks wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:37:
Reviewers dont say games are supposed to be long

GAMERS say games are supposed to be long

Especially when said games cost 60 bucks.

60 bucks = 12 hours of movie time if you go to the theater
60 bucks for a game should at least be comparable. This whole 5 hour campaign is just BS.

I blame 80% of short games on publishers who push for a quick release, and 20% of lazy devs.

It's money, not time, that causes the short gameplay. It isn't that they rush the game out, it's that each hour costs so much money to make that, at some point, it's a losing proposition.

Is there a difference? The saying "time is money" is applicable here I think.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
104. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 12:58 Quboid

Beamer, we're libtards and MSNBC are libtards. All libtards are the same, therefore we are indistinguishable from MSNBC. You're such a retard for not understanding this.  

- Quboid

4180 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 56.
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo