Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4388 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 16:47 Quboid

YouTube reviewer/critiquer Total Biscuit AKA The Cynical Brit (or Total Halibut, not sure where that name came from) has posted a new video, about Day One: Garry's Incident.

Video on YouTube

Ooof!

I would only ever have bought the game as a novelty after seeing TB's previous DOGI video and the "I broke it" video. Now, there is zero chance of me ever buying anything from Wild Games Studio, or where-ever Stéphane Woods can find future employment.

(edit: spelling)

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 17:18.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Beta Status
13. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Beta Status Oct 20, 2013, 11:56 Quboid

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 10:45:
El Pit wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 10:45:
Okay. I'm happy with both and think that especially Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim are awesome games. But of course I'm looking forward to Wasteland 2, too.

Agreed.

Hear hear! I love the Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3+ and I welcome more of them but I'm also excited for Wasteland 2.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2013, 19:57 Quboid

Tollindunder wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 18:08:
I think it's awesome that the same few jackoffs can post personal insults yet Blue does zero about it. Must be nice to be above the site rules.

I normally ignore you but one thing: you described London as being full of Muslims and that means it's an "infested shithole". That, my gross little troll, is very, very racist.

Your "friend" (I notice you tend to conveniently have one who has personal experience in whatever the conversation is and who can totally back you up) is racist and even if this friend is real, you repeating this without comment very strongly implies that you don't see anything wrong with this.

Yes, a libtard mentioning racism which I know bothers you a hell of a lot more than actual racism. "Playing the race card" is the phrase you like to misuse when you play your "playing the X card" card. Because as you've said before, if we didn't keep on bringing up racism it would go away right? Except for slavery, which was a product of ignoring or denying racism. Oh and horrible racist people describing somewhere as an infested shithole due to a (largely fictional) Muslim population.

(I know "Muslim" isn't a race but the meaning is clear and the troll's bigotry is clear. I doubt it understands the difference between Arab, Persian, Muslim or whatever.)

You're disgusting and you're going to be banned any day now. You're racist and you're too stupid to begin to understand why.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2013, 09:30 Quboid

The number isn't really the issue, AFAIK this was just a test. One would be too many. The Government are keen to point out how few complaints there have been, quietly ignoring the fact that maybe people are too scared to complain (if they send texts to the wrong people, would you trust them not to deport the wrong people?).

The first line is the issue: "Britain continues its slide into official xenophobia". Go Conservatives! Seriously, go. Go away.

- Quboid

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch Adds Faction; Steam Workshop
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch Adds Faction; Steam Workshop Oct 18, 2013, 21:03 Quboid

By my informal count, that's a buttload of changes.

How playable is this? If it was released in it's present, Patch 5 state, what would the reaction be?

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 14:41 Quboid

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:47:
You can now get health insurance for your pets, btw.

I pay £12/m to insure my little moggie (although I'm hoping Obunnycare will bring those prices down) and it's very nice to know I'm unlikely to have to decide just how much his life is worth to me even if he is unwell.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 17, 2013, 21:30 Quboid

Oh sod off. You're not getting my click.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 17, 2013, 14:39 Quboid

What's with you mentioning burning American flags every other time Apple is mentioned these days? Have Apple done something wrong now?  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 16, 2013, 14:46 Quboid

Funny definition of huge, too. It depends on the circumstances and a hand held device has different standards to a TV but still, that's about 7 or 8 inches. Huge*!

* A decade ago.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 14:28 Quboid

Wow, you mean Ryse is being really badly managed and is being made by un-motivated people struggling to stay awake?! I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THAT!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2013, 13:02 Quboid

Are they their bosses? If so, the separation of power is already long gone.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2013, 12:57 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:14:
How exactly can the government dictate what a court does anyway ? Last I checked the separation of power was a pretty big thing in the western world.

They're not dictating, they're asking. This paragraph (emphasis mine) is key:
Now Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, who represents the Obama Administration at the Supreme Court, has advised the justices not to take the case. It's not a surprising move. Just the publicity of a Supreme Court debate over NSA spying would be a giant headache for the administration; not to mention, the government obviously doesn't want the program shut down.

As far as I can see, this is just them panicking at the chickens coming home to roost. They're asking the US Supreme Court not to take up the case because that would be really, really inconvenient. (And funny, but they won't see it that way.)

- Quboid

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Chronicles Pack Released
4. Re: Metro: Last Light Chronicles Pack Released Oct 15, 2013, 12:31 Quboid

This is the only season pass I've ever bought - I've yet to play any of the expansions but they don't look too impressive. I'll give them the once over but I'm not sure what I was thinking that day either. They're sure to be cheaper at Christmas.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
79. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 21:16 Quboid

I googled it. His numbers are in the low forties although I did come across one from a few days ago that said 37%. I don't know which polls are most reliable but I'm confident scarlet didn't cherry pick the 37% one because they liked the look of it most.

I don't know why I get involved in these threads. I enjoy it in a strange way, obviously. Picking apart stupid arguments is enjoyable but I'm well aware that others think they're picking apart my arguments. I'm right and they're wrong, of course, but they don't know that.

- Quboid

78. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 21:12 Quboid

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:53:
The media in the States is heavily liberal by all accounts.

By the way, you realise why the media appears to be heavily liberal? It's because you're on the far right. That's just common sense, if we reduce political views to a left-right axis and if everything you see is to your left, guess where you are?

Maybe you realise this and are fine with that, which is your prerogative. Just remember if everything's to your left, you're at the extreme.

Or maybe you imagine that the leftist media don't represent Americans. Because that's how you stay in business. How can the media be so left wing when Fox News brags about being the most viewed news network? Is Fox News to your left and if so, are you really comfortable with that?

- Quboid

76. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 21:03 Quboid

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:53:
The latest numbers have his approval rating pegged at 37%. I don't know about what that would mean in Sweden, but that's very unpopular for a president here. I do not know how he's able to keep it that high, truthfully.

The media in the States is heavily liberal by all accounts. They are virtual mouthpieces for the White House and the prez's administration.

What is your source for this 37% claim?

"By all accounts" is wrong, even as an exaggeration. The perception in much of the UK is that the media in the US is considered to be right-wing, with Fox being the most famous - and infamous. I believe this is the same through-out much of the world, probably more-so.

(Kudos, Prez, on getting the media on your side. What's your plans there, stir up an outcry against DRM?)

- Quboid

68. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 20:21 Quboid

Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 18:07:
Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:40:
It's impossible to say with any accuracy at all, but it would be really interesting to know what North America would be like now if the Confederate States had left the US. With the US lead largely on US liberal lines (which is still quite right-wing by global standards, in so far as "left" and "right" isn't bullshit) and the confederate states lead on some sort of libertarian/Tea Party combination.

We all think we know of course. We all think that <<my ideology here>> would be strong and stable while <<other ideology>> would be economically crippled. Of course <<my ideology>> would be the land of the free while <<other ideology>> would be an authoritarian nightmare because one of the weird things about the US left versus right shit slinging is that both sides think the other are bigoted fascists. Perhaps because some members of each side are bigoted fascists, but <<other ideology>> definitely has more. <<ideology-affirming TV network>> said so.

That doesn't work because one of those nations would have institutionalized slavery, (provided it wasn't done away with later) So the whole "who is more free" thing would only apply if you were talking to white people, heh.

Well, I'd guess the whole slavery thing wouldn't have lasted long. It would quickly become embarrassing if the US and Mexico both had better civil rights than the Confederate.

In my experience, to the far-social-right, freedom means freedom for them and them alone to do what they want so it would effectively only apply to white people - non-whites wouldn't be so free but they wouldn't count because they wouldn't count.

- Quboid

66. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 20:15 Quboid

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:46:
Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:32:
You guys realise that the EU hasn't actually disappeared into a black hole? Some of the countries have very serious debt problems, sure, but we're still here. I'm still here.

Most of the EU has economic growth and only the basket cases (Greece and Cyprus) are showing big problems. Spain and Italy are still struggling, not as much but as they're much larger countries any problems are magnified.

Europe has big problems. Suffice it to say, growth rates in Europe are pretty anemic like the US right now. The highest performing economy is Lithuania at 3.6%, but they are very different from the rest of Europe as they've gone through some serious waste-cutting to get where they are. Norway is at 3% but most are much lower (Greece is at -6%). The stalwart powerhouse, Germany, is only at .7%. I wouldn't be rejoicing over that. If that's the high bar, I'd hate to see things get worse.

I'm certainly not rejoicing. I just think that comments describing the EU as disappearing into oblivion are so devoid of reality to be worse than useless in any discussion. Exaggeration is one thing but this (and some other comments in these always helpful and conclusive discussions) seems to be an exaggeration of the idea that the EU is in big trouble. It's not doing well but I have to wonder why some people seem to think it's teetering on the edge.

(Time-machine? As in the EU is gone and I'm posting from the past? Sorry, that joke went over my head )

- Quboid

46. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 17:40 Quboid

It's impossible to say with any accuracy at all, but it would be really interesting to know what North America would be like now if the Confederate States had left the US. With the US lead largely on US liberal lines (which is still quite right-wing by global standards, in so far as "left" and "right" isn't bullshit) and the confederate states lead on some sort of libertarian/Tea Party combination.

We all think we know of course. We all think that <<my ideology here>> would be strong and stable while <<other ideology>> would be economically crippled. Of course <<my ideology>> would be the land of the free while <<other ideology>> would be an authoritarian nightmare because one of the weird things about the US left versus right shit slinging is that both sides think the other are bigoted fascists. Perhaps because some members of each side are bigoted fascists, but <<other ideology>> definitely has more. <<ideology-affirming TV network>> said so.

- Quboid

42. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:32 Quboid

You guys realise that the EU hasn't actually disappeared into a black hole? Some of the countries have very serious debt problems, sure, but we're still here. I'm still here.

Most of the EU has economic growth and only the basket cases (Greece and Cyprus) are showing big problems. Spain and Italy are still struggling, not as much but as they're much larger countries any problems are magnified.

- Quboid

4388 Comments. 220 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo