Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4831 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
2. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 17, 2015, 22:47 Quboid

POSTAL 2's "overwhelmingly positive" status on Steam (95%+ on over 9000 user reviews)

It's been out for ages, virtually everyone buying it will be a fan of the series re-buying a digital copy. Of course people will vote in favour of it.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 12:41 Quboid

Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 11:18:
Wake me up when its football time again

I can play baseball, its fun. I can't watch baseball, its really boring as anything other than background while I do something else.

Wolfsburg against Napoli kicks off in just over 2 hours.

Wiseguy

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 22:39 Quboid

NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Well it's a deal so some sort of reward is heavily implied, but it's not essential. I suppose the association is the key and Rockstar don't know nin exists, never mind working with him as an accomplice. Sorry dude, they don't love you back

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 12:17 Quboid

NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

- Quboid

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
5. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 09:44 Quboid

11520 x 6480, I presume.

"frame-rate dependent on PC hardware"

Yes, yes I imagine it is.

- Quboid

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
67. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 23:10 Quboid

siapnar wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:56:
After all the pains I went through to get this working, it is well fucking worth it. Game is unbelievably good. Attention to detail is what astounds me.
How do they even optimize a game like this? Crazy
Caladell wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 20:13:
I can't even get the thing to run. Well, it starts up, and I can go through all the settings and such, but I can't actually play. Start the story mode, and it just sits there loading forever. At one point last night, I let it sit there for over an hour, and it still never loaded.
Trying various things again today, but so far, no luck.

[edit] Also, how do you go about playing online? Do you have to play the story for a bit? I see no option for online.

Try this solution

I had zlib errors and a couple of endless loading screens before doing this and no problems since. Four files were corrupt.

Remember to check any files that you re-download, one of mine was corrupt and needed re-re-downloaded.

- Quboid

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 14, 2015, 21:38 Quboid

Well done Colossal Order!

I'm not surprised that it is maintaining sales, without a well known developer or title plenty of people will have waited for word of mouth or simply not have heard of it before launch. Until a couple of months ago I had been confusing it with Cities XL.

- Quboid

22. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 12:24 Quboid

siapnar wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 11:28:
Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:58:
I'm getting frequent crashes with an error about a failed zlib call. When it works, it works well. I can get 60 FPS at 1440p and most settings on highest (but no MSAA), although I haven't been involved in a big fire-fight yet. Intel i7 3.5Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 970 3.5GB, Windows 8.1.

If I was going to upgrade my system for GTA5, I'd buy another SSD and install it there.

Check this thread

Thanks. I'm working through that now and there's already been a few mismatched checksums. I did get a blue screen of death while downloading - I didn't even know that was a thing in Windows 8.1 - so I'm guessing it didn't resume quite as smoothly as I had thought.

- Quboid

12. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 10:58 Quboid

I'm getting frequent crashes with an error about a failed zlib call. When it works, it works well. I can get 60 FPS at 1440p and most settings on highest (but no MSAA), although I haven't been involved in a big fire-fight yet. Intel i7 3.5Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 970 3.5GB, Windows 8.1.

If I was going to upgrade my system for GTA5, I'd buy another SSD and install it there.

- Quboid

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
211. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 09:52 Quboid

Verno wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:06:
So what's the verdict on the port, worth picking up?

First impressions: big improvement over GTA IV. That game had flaws that made it unplayable for me (bad vehicle handling, bad camera, bad performance) and all 3 of those have improved a lot.

This have been some glitches but nothing serious so far (*first* impressions!). The biggest was the benchmark crapping out, it plays the single player intro cutscene and my guess is it isn't supposed to and doesn't if you've started the single player campaign.

- Quboid

99. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:04 Quboid

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:03:
When I try to launch, it says "An error occurred, content still encrypted".

Is there something I need to do on my end? Or they just didn't launch at 7?

Is this Steam? Try restarting it, that seems to jog it into updating outdated info.

- Quboid

92. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:00 Quboid

Rockstar Social Club wrote on launch:
Downloading (26.71GB / 60.04GB, 758.34KB / sec), 7h 55m remaining...

*frowns*

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 18:30 Quboid

This was one of the first websites I had bookmarked probably back around 1996. I lurked for ages before making an account but I've had it for 14 years - so long that I can't update it because my email address is now considered invalid thanks to some change Frans (probably) made some time ago

I'd happily pay a subscription fee in exchange for an ad-free site, even if this was just in the form of Patreon and guilt-free Adblock usage. I have Blue's whitelisted in AdBlock but Ghostery blocks the ads with frighteningly large numbers of trackers, which is most of them. I'd be very surprised if I couldn't easily top what ad revenue I could ever potentially bring in, that must be sod all per visitor.

- Quboid

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 18:16 Quboid

bigspender wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 18:03:
GayBlade wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:05:
I am really enjoying Daredevil. Good acting, good scripts, and the fight scenes are old school. Loving it all!

is this like some ironic hipster thing? The fight scene posted here is so slow, has no energy, and it's really obvious that Ben TheFleck can't do any of those moves properly.

Of course Monday the 13th is worse than Friday the 13th. At least on Friday it's Friday

Not the film, the TV series.

- Quboid

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 17:57 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 17:20:
BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:30:
Necrophob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:10:
How dare they unconditionally love us!
Unconditionally dependent on the owner for food and shelter. Otherwise, I doubt it sincerely cares at all.

Wow, Bob. Dogs are completely different from other pets. What you're describing is cat behavior (in general).

That's very general, cats aren't as solo as many people think. They're certainly not as approachable as dogs and a cat that doesn't know you will rarely want to but a cat that trusts you will see you as more than a provider. I have known cats to do things like 'groom' my 'fur' (lick my hair) for no reason other than because they're enjoying hanging out with me. This can be boiled down to selfish reasons like satisfying a need for companionship but you can do that with any intentional act by any creature.

I wonder if cats being sociable with people has led to accelerated evolution of pack instincts. The benefits over a few thousand of years of being willing to work with humans would be huge (even without humans deliberately breeding domestic traits) so I could see how these animals would thrive over wilder cats. (It also strikes me a little bit wrong that we now pick out lovely friendly little kittens and then have them neutered, so this evolution is being reversed by responsible pet owners. Hmm.)

I have a cat (11 months old tomorrow) and a dog (12 years old next week). I'll spend many thousands of pounds on them and I'd call that an absolute bargain if that didn't imply that a price can be put on it.

Edit:
Oh yes!
Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:26:
Of course, I'm still going to throw stuff at the screen if Liverpool lose tonight...

Stand down people, my screen remains intact. I know you were all worried.

- Quboid

78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 16:37 Quboid

NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 16:33:
Slick wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 16:29:
I'll be doing MP at launch

That's fairly optimistic don't you think?

At launch, I'll be frowning at the Social Club launcher for only giving me 182.4 KB/s when my connection can do 10x that while yawning.

- Quboid

56. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 14:01 Quboid

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:50:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:32:
Really?
Good to know.
My comment was regarding online key stores

Yep. It just depends on the store and location as to whether or not they get any cards, or only limited numbers of them. But good enough, I've been up 28 hours now so stuff has started not making sense. :p On the upside when I wake up I'll have a whole 12 hours of GTAV to enjoy.
So by Steam card you mean you still have to download the game from Steam or the DVD install registers with Steam?
If there are no DVDs than might as well just get the game from Steam and save the taxes

All that's left of PC gaming at Currys (my local bricks & mortar electronics shop) is Steam Cards for big games, which are just a piece of paper with a code on it that gets activated when the card is purchased. I presume these are official Valve products and not a reseller, certainly they looked official and the retailer should be reputable enough not to stock counterfeits or misleading junk.

Even Football Manager is a Steam card, and that's one of those weird British things like the TV license. Want to watch TV? Buy a TV license. Want to like computer gaming and football? Bitch you _WILL_ buy Football Manager. There's a reason why Blue has come up with a soccer pun nearly every week for the UK gaming chart.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 18:01.

- Quboid

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 13:26 Quboid

That sucks voltov. I was going to agree with InBlack but being kinda tired and irritable isn't really so bad.

Of course, I'm still going to throw stuff at the screen if Liverpool lose tonight...

- Quboid

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 12:23 Quboid

Ugh fine. Fine! We all know I'm going to buy this so I might as well get it preloaded.

Goddamnit I'm weak.

(edit: thanks Dacron!)

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 16:29 Quboid

That's surprised me too. Football is perhaps the sport least suited to being broken down into numbers, being full of vague and subjective notions and detailed data collection is literally decades behind NA sports. Maybe that helps in some way, making people more inclined to not notice or overlook things that would stand out in a baseball sim, for example.

This turn based match system is a neat idea. It looks like it is designed for mobile devices so that's a concern. They do specify no IAPs so that's something.

- Quboid

4831 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo