Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I can't make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://bcmedia.biz/
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 4846 (Master)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month
4. Re: Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month Jul 29, 2015, 22:39 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:30:
Linthat22 wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:54:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 19:57:
And we all fall down, like toy soldiers....

Step by step, heart to heart..... Something something something...

Lol, nice one. Didn't think anyone would recognize that.

Eminem sampled it (lifted the whole chorus I think) so it's mainstream now.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
65. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 21:08 Quboid

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 13:11:
Quboid wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 12:36:
TangledThorns wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:43:
The outrage over a guy killing a lion versus Planned Parenthood killing and selling baby parts is truly outrageous.

But how does it compare to climate change, GamerGate, gay rights, attempting to derail a discussion, gun control, or public health care? They're as bad as the Nazis, whoever it is we're disagreeing with.

Well done! I give that 5 out of 5 Hitler mustaches.

/:=====|

In trying to highlight how awkward and inflammatory the original comparison was, I've actually gone and started a discussion. That was naive of me!

- Quboid

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 12:36 Quboid

TangledThorns wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:43:
The outrage over a guy killing a lion versus Planned Parenthood killing and selling baby parts is truly outrageous.

But how does it compare to climate change, GamerGate, gay rights, attempting to derail a discussion, gun control, or public health care? They're as bad as the Nazis, whoever it is we're disagreeing with.

- Quboid

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
21. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 16:02 Quboid

Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
46. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 22:29 Quboid

I turned ABP off for Bluesnews but Ghostery promptly blocked everything and looking through, there was a lot of trackers and third party stuff so I left most of that blocked. I have enabled the Amazon ads as they don't appear to tie in any extra stuff but it's likely that Blue doesn't get paid for showing those ads; only if we actually buy something.

Patreon plus guilt free ad blocking would be ideal IMHO. I'm sure a few bucks a month would be worth more than my potential ad views.

- Quboid

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
41. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 20, 2015, 10:13 Quboid

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 09:16:
Redmask wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 07:15:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

It's very noticeable with a gamepad, he previously moved in an absurd manner. Full acceleration, no real jog into it and spun around on a dime. The alternate move system is a big improvement.
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4SX-vdTgMM

Thanks, I was hoping to see a comparison. That looks better.

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
3. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 17, 2015, 19:47 Quboid

The city at the end is interesting, I hope that is seamless and isn't blocked up like Fallout 3 or tiny like Fallout New Vegas.

This is presumably the Xbox version so I'm not surprised to see or worried by console stuff like the interaction prompts.

- Quboid

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
2. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 09:18 Quboid

The last Brothers in Arms was so long ago, I thought it was a great series from a great developer. I even quite liked Randy Pitchford. Damn, that was a long, long time ago.

I've now been annoyed by how bad BiA: Hell's Highway was for longer than World War 2 lasted.

- Quboid

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
28. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 21:16 Quboid

It would be nice if Derek Smart (who's probably reading this, hi Derek!) learned from this and tried to separate his work from these discussions. I think he's right to criticise Star Citizen and he knows a lot more about the technical stuff than most people but by mentioning his work, he's distracting everyone from the point he wants to make.

This is not an endorsement to buy it. Donít buy it, donít play it, I donít care. This is not what thatís about. Iím trying to make a point. If you missed it, thatís on you.

Then DON'T MENTION IT. If you need a comparison, talk about Elite Dangerous or something else that you don't have a major stake in. If I miss your point, that's on me but if lots of people miss your point, you've wasted your damn time. Focus on your point, don't draw bulls-eyes for your critics to attack.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 11:18 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 11:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:42:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:40:
I sent CIG a very carefully crafted message containing plenty of video and written proof showing most (like 95%) of my $930 was made under false claims made by Chris himself. I can't imagine CIG denying such a claim; that would be completely unethical.

If serious, tell us how that works out for ya.

It's serious. I have all my snippets and notes organized in Evernote. This is how I was able to find the videos and whatnot. I also archived the videos just in case CIG goes to the authors and ask them to take them down. I have those videos so there's undeniable proof. I'm not going to hate on CIG anymore, I just want my money back.

Popcorn

I thought Star Citizen would really start to fall over when funding slowed down to the point where it affected confidence, affecting further funding. If their funding actually goes negative through refunds (whether or not CIG have a choice) then confidence will bomb and only a few deluded fans will buy anything.

If refunds become widely available, my advice to anyone who pledged would be to get a refund fast while there's anybody left to issue it.

I would like Star Citizen to succeed and if I get the chance to eat my words I will gladly do it but in my judgement SC will fail hard and we might as well enjoy watching the drama.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 12, 2015, 12:54 Quboid

Samsung Starts Work on an 11K Screen for Phones VR

Fixed.

That's got to be pointlessly high PPI for handsets. I'm not sure how you'd get a decent framerate but at least it should look sharp in a headset.

- Quboid

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
12. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 7, 2015, 23:27 Quboid

Thanks HoSpanky and Deepjay.

Do you work as part of a group or is it everyone-for-themselves with co-operation breaking out when it's convenient?

- Quboid

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2015, 17:27 Quboid

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 16:18:
Uh 7/7 lucky day?? you do know that UK people remember that date a bit like the date 9/11 is remembered in the US, right? as in "The seven-seven bombings in London"

IAW, not considered a "reverse Friday the 13th" exactly here in Europe..

The tone of this struck me as rather odd after reading UK-based general news sites. "Remembrance services for" ... "minute's silence" ... "happy 7/7" ... erm. I don't think Blue is being insensitive or anything as something shitty has happened on pretty much any day of the year and while the comparison with 9/11 makes sense to Brits, it wasn't as significant an event globally. (Ugh, comparing tragedies makes me feel grubby.)

Edit: Ninja'd by Blue. I'm surprised it doesn't feature on the BBC's World page. It is the main article on the UK one, one of the sites I had been previous to reading this.

- Quboid

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2015, 14:16 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 18:38:
Quboid wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:56:
How much media coverage does women's soccer in the US typically get? Do the professional leagues get mentioned in sports news? The final was the most watched soccer match in US history (by far!), but this was very much exceptional.

Women pro soccer doesn't get any coverage at all in the US. The players only make $6-38K per year, not even enough to make a life out of it. Maybe this world championship will change that.

Ouch. I'd heard that the majority of the money comes from sponsorship but I hadn't realised that the actual pay was that low.

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
114. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 09:58 Quboid

grudgebearer wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 08:09:
dsmart wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 07:08:
ps: I get the "steam forums" reference, but you have to understand the difference. My house. My rules. There is no democracy where anti-social behavior is concerned. In this RSI instance, backers have every right to express dissatisfaction since this is PUBLIC money we're talking about. Do you disagree?

They could use the same argument that you employ to silence rational negative opinions, "their house, their rules." As with many kickstarters, backers invested in the development of a piece of software, not in the company itself. In any legal scenario, what has transpired is more akin to commodities speculation than a property transaction.

I may be missing something but in that example, DS explains himself and makes a perfectly good case IMHO.

- Quboid

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
2. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 6, 2015, 17:48 Quboid

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.

Ooooh, interesting. I find normal movement to be rather clunky and I'd really like this to be tighter, without an extra step when you stop. It is realistic as Geralt is running but I guess I've been spoilt by less realistic titles.

- Quboid

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
1. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 17:42 Quboid

Oh dear, so much for this source of competition. It probably spurred Microsoft to (apparently) get a good performance increase from DX12 but I had hoped Mantle would be more influential than that.  

- Quboid

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2015, 16:56 Quboid

How much media coverage does women's soccer in the US typically get? Do the professional leagues get mentioned in sports news? The final was the most watched soccer match in US history (by far!), but this was very much exceptional.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
83. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 6, 2015, 10:38 Quboid

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:23:
nobody was forced to pledge money

Nobody has been literally forced, but do you mean that everybody knew what they were getting into? If I had pledged for the initial vision, I would feel ripped off. An in-development game turning bad is the inherent risk but there have been intentional decisions to change the nature of the project and to increase the scope of the project which has led to delays, and which IMHO have significantly increased the risk of it turning bad.

- Quboid

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2015, 21:15 Quboid

USA! USA!! USA!!! have just won the football (soccer) Women's World Cup, congratulations to them.  

- Quboid

4846 Comments. 243 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo