Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jon

Real Name Jon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AstroCreep
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2001, 14:21
Total Comments 72 (Suspect)
User ID 10400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
73. Re: Source Op-Force????? Nov 19, 2004, 14:34 AstroCreep

And don't forget about the crossbow.....thump....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
48. Source Op-Force????? Nov 18, 2004, 20:45 AstroCreep

Did anybody else play Op-Force DM or TDM? When I started my job the guys there were playing it and it was alot of fun.

I can't remeber the level names, but I think one was Gasworks and another one had a tram that ran through it. At the time we were 12 guys so it was perfect. The game was really well balanced.

We actually reinstalled the game and played a few weeks ago (we were antsy waiting for HL2). THe game still plays great and is still alot of fun!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 20:46.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
37. Re: Steam Nov 17, 2004, 13:58 AstroCreep

I cant find this game on Steam, does this mean I can only buy instore?

I'm curious about this myself, but for different reasons. My HL2 pre-order showed up yesterday and even though I was home from work and in front of my PC at 7:30 I didn't get to start playing until almost 9 because of "authentication issues".

On my home tonight I'll be picking up Bloodlines and I'm a little wary that I'll have the same Steam issues with Bloodlines. Does V:B require Steam?

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 13:58.

News Comments > Gold - Terrorist Takedown
7. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2004, 14:00 AstroCreep

...or should it be motherland....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
3. Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Nov 2, 2004, 11:09 AstroCreep

If you enjoyed the first 2 games of this series DO NOT purchase this game until it gets patched. There are some glaring bugs including peeps not getting on ANY rides, and the dev team had no idea there are so many bugs until the atari/rtc3 forums pretty much exploded into the internet wquivlant of a riot.

Do yourself a favor and read the BUG POST on the forums at www.rollercoastertycoon3.com BEFORE you purchase this game.

I hate to say it, but I would agree. The coaster designer works and sandbox mode is still fun, but the bugs are bad enough (and numerous enough) to make the scenarios not worth your time. I've had the game for a week now and have encountered almost every bug posted on the forums.

With a couple of really good patched this could be a great game, but for now you've been warned...

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: RollerCoaster 3... Oct 28, 2004, 09:50 AstroCreep

I got my pre-order came yesterday from GameStop...but...the free track download for pre-orders does not work, the Atari RCT3 forum is down (or never up?) and the conversion for coasters built in RCT or RCT2 does not seem to work.

Still fun to play though...

GO REDSOX!!!!!!

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 09:52.

News Comments > 12 Volt Announced
3. Re: Heh Oct 13, 2004, 11:51 AstroCreep

I was thinking the same thing. Re-Volt was a great game. An updated version with a current engine would be really cool.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Demo
2. Re: looks cute Sep 27, 2004, 11:21 AstroCreep

Is this a time limited demo? Are there any features missing from the demo?

News Comments > ATI CATALYST Control Center
15. Re: net ? Sep 2, 2004, 19:41 AstroCreep

"It's Microsoft and thus propietary. The whole appeal of Java is the write-once, run-anywhere aspect, so what's the point of virtual machines, bytecode, etc, if you're still tied to a specific platform (in this case Win32)?"

Java was (is) great for just that reason. But for the same reason Java tends to run noticeably slower than something coded specifically for Win32.

The point of .Net is not really byte code, etc... It’s about extensibility (go look it up) and strong groundwork that developers can build on/with.

"I hope this doesn't replace the current ATI Control panel. It will be a cold day in hell before I install that .NET shit."

Then pretty soon you may not be able to run much. I'm curious though, what exactly is it about the ".Net shit" that makes you not want to install it?

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 19:48.

14. Refresh rate override? Sep 2, 2004, 19:37 AstroCreep

Anybody using this notice if they added a refresh rate override feature?

8. Re: net ? Sep 2, 2004, 15:00 AstroCreep

Actually the download is only about 25 mb. Also, .Net has nothing to do with Java (although calling it s response to Java is probably pretty acurate). In fact, M$ does not even support it's own JVM anymore.

The Readers Digest version of how it works is this: All code written using .Net technologies (VB.Net, C#.Net, etc...) are all compiled down to the same IL (intermediate language), which is then compiled to machine code.

What this means to the end user is that now code written in VB (.Net of course, not VB6) is just as fast as any other .Net language. Up until now this was not the case, and something written in C or C++ would run much faster than something written in VB6 because compiled C or C++ was the closest thing to true machine code.

Sorry if this is too much for this board, but installing the .Net Framework should not force anyone not to install something. Does anybody remember having to install the VB Runtime Library to make applications work (years ago now)? You should think of the .Net Framework just like that.

edit: Also, there is nothing that you can do in c# that you can not do with VB.Net. Again, before .Net VB was usefull, but somewhat limited.

edit: Too many spelling and grammer errors to fix, screw it!

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 15:05.

News Comments > AR Tray Spy
1. .Net Framework Sep 1, 2004, 19:18 AstroCreep

You can get this through Windows Update (the .Net Framework, not Tray Spy).

News Comments > Impending DOOM
143. Re: Got Doom3 Aug 2, 2004, 17:10 AstroCreep

"When creatures hit you everything goes sideways and its hard to fight back. Also hitboxes are really precise. I get the feeling that when you play this multi player you can literally clip someones earlob."

I think Doom 3 uses per-poly hit detection as opposed to hit boxes, so in theory I guess you could clip an ear or shoot between someone's legs, etc....

Still waiting to here from EBGames about my preorder. Some little twit told me tomorrow around 12:30, but I'd bet a copy of the game he'll be playing it tonight.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 17:11.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
28. Re: Razer Viper Jul 21, 2004, 14:19 AstroCreep

I have one and I would strongly reccommend if to anyone who plays PC games. Super high resolution and a great ergonomic design.

After trying mine, several of my friends ordered them.

On another note, maybe I'll finally play this game (I do own it) since I'll be getting a new video card inthe next couple of weeks.

DOOM3!!!!!!!!!!!!

News Comments > Painkiller MP Demo
2. Re: Actually... Jul 14, 2004, 11:02 AstroCreep

"A multiplayer Painkiller demo is now available"

I'm pretty sure that what he said...

News Comments > Another Raven Departure
2. Quake 4? Jul 10, 2004, 11:43 AstroCreep

Wonder what, if any, effect this will have on Quake 4. I've been playing Q2 with some guys I work with and I had forgotten how much fun that game was.

Does anybody know if there are any engine enhancements for Q2 like they have for the doom - zdoom, jdoom?

News Comments > Kreed Demo
41. Re: Hmm...too bad Jun 23, 2004, 23:51 AstroCreep

"Yeah, I'm dated. Sue me."

I disagree. I'm 25 (most people who post here are what, 15) and I'd call Tetris my all time favorite game across any system. I can't even imagine the total time I've logged playing that game...and you can get it on any system imaginable.

I think the original NES version (the black cartridge) played the best though. Somehow playing Tetris on my XBox just seems odd...could be me I guess.

edit: spelling

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 23:53.

News Comments > SÖLDNER Delay
4. Re: No subject May 5, 2004, 16:15 AstroCreep

I would even go as far as to say that 99% of the comments I read (not just on this site) were very negative.

Personaly, I was never able to stay connected for longer than a few minutes.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status
58. No subject Apr 30, 2004, 19:11 AstroCreep

"Keep an eye on this space in the coming weeks for an announcement on the release of 1.01"

good news, but that sucks

Also, I find it strange that at the moment gas prices in the US are at an all time high and yet people actually believe that we really invaded Iraq for oil.

We are the only remaing super power, and if you're going to play sherrif (and obviously we do) then it's a job that you just can't half-ass.

72 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo