Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhino

Real Name Rhino   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhino
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 15, 2001, 19:50
Total Comments 259 (Amateur)
User ID 10344

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
1. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 27, 2014, 20:39 Rhino

Aside from the lack of review copies being sent out, which is never a good sign, there is also this:

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Some of them aren't terribly noteworthy (no acne, as an example); but some of the others are eye catching to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 6, 2014, 17:24 Rhino

Aside from the link that I posted down there last night, this was the first that I had heard of it. I would imagine that it will be similar in scope to Going East.  

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 5, 2014, 22:51 Rhino

http://steamcommunity.com/games/227300/announcements/detail/1262444873387538782

I do love the prospect of more Euro Truck Simulator 2. That darn game and its hooks.

News Comments > EVGA Watch Dogs Offer
5. Re: EVGA Watch Dogs Offer Apr 29, 2014, 22:06 Rhino

And here I was thinking of buying a 770 GTX. Good (accidental) timing on my part.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 21:32 Rhino

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 21:21:
Also, be warned, no subtitles are available in the game, from what I am reading on the Steam forums.

Good news if you ARE worried about subtitles:

The Banner Saga Patch 1 - Release Notes - 2.1.65
JANUARY 22 - FAÐIR LÖGSEIMS
Added SUBTITLES. Click the button with the Close Captioning 'CC' logo on the Options page.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 21:22 Rhino

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 20:45:
TBS? Yes? No? Wait for it to go lower? How long is it?

I have only heard good things about it so I'll bite the bullet and pick it up, play it next week sometime (parents are coming in to town for a visit). The length... SOMEWHAT concerns me. I've heard six-to-twenty hours depending upon some in-game factors and play style. I'm not sure what those factors may be, though, since I'm afraid of looking that up in the event that I come upon a spoiler.

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
18. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 8, 2014, 14:11 Rhino

For those who are kind of interested in the original, or very interested, but not sure if they want to pay full price:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

$2.49

News Comments > Incognita Renamed Invisible, Inc.; New Alpha Trailer
3. Re: Incognita Renamed Invisible, Inc.; New Alpha Trailer Jan 17, 2014, 17:23 Rhino

After the joy that I got out of Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve, I'm very hopeful for this one.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 15:19 Rhino

Swapper and Spelunky. Great buys for me, today. I passed up on Spelunky before and kept kicking myself for it; so I was happy to see it pop up again.

Also, yes, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a fantastic little game. Try the demo, and then buy the Gold bundle for $8.24. If you're going to buy the game, may as well get that bundle since it includes Going East.

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
3. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 13:52 Rhino

Trevellian wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:17:
You have to remember Origins was not made by Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal. It's sort of the Assassin's Creed "Revelations" of the series because of this, a stop gap that was thrown in between 2 major titles to make money on the name.

This very well could be Rocksteady announcing the ACTUAL sequel to Arkham City that was teased during their award reception (Arkham World) by Joker who was accepting it.

My speculation for that is high based on the fact that Kevin Conroy said he was still involved with Batman (despite not being the voice for Origins)

But I will definitely be checking Dec 31st to see what is up.

I do remember that; but from a franchise perspective it would, to me, still be too soon. They would run the risk of burnout/franchise fatigue.

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
1. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 13:01 Rhino

I'm assuming that it will just be DLC for Arkham Origins. I can't imagine that they would announce a sequel given that Origins hasn't been out for very long.  

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
12. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 12:05 Rhino

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 11:51:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 11:17:
PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 11:16:
It spits an advertisement at me every time I quit a game. That shit may fly on an adbox360 but I want no part of it.
Steam does the same thing, but calls it "news"

Steam spits out a news thing at me like once a month, not every time I quit a game.

I get one every time that I quit a game. Now, that said, I also don't find it to be a bother in any meaningful way. Click 'x' and it goes away.
If it chucked several of them at me... well, then I would be a good bit annoyed.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2013, 11:37 Rhino

Like I said, those were just the amusing stories. We have caught her several times stating outright lies, expecting us to pay for everything of hers, from food to toilet paper (which she had originally agreed to pay for) and creates drama for the sake of seeking attention.

She doesn't pay rent, utilities, food, etc... And then claimed that she can't move out because she's broke. When we offered to pay for movers ( my wife wants her out that badly) she went out, bought herself dinner at a restaurant, wine, snacks and other luxuries.

I am fine with helping somebody out, and she needed somewhere to go; she crossed the line several times over with taking advantage of us having some extra income, as well as non monetary related lies.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2013, 05:34 Rhino

Kosumo wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 01:31:
You guys remember back in the day, before that sale; when Rhino used to have money, he was so happy then.

What happened?

Crazy Coughing Paperbag

Heh heh. Ah, I'm just on a high at the prospect that that pathetic, over dramatic, attention seeking, whiny, food devouring blob might be getting out of here. I'd kick her out if she weren't watching the kids during the day while we were at work. Though her stupidity and ignorance have lead to some amusing moments.

Mother in Law: "Oh, she's looking at you with bedroom eyes!"
Me: "That would mean that our infant daughter wants to have sex with us, and that's not happening, here."

My Mother in Law), sitting on the floor with one of the kids, staring at one spot on the floor in front of her. My wife and I noticed this.
Wife: "Mom, is something wrong?"
Mother in Law: "Oh, there are a couple of centipedes here on the floor."
A few seconds go by.
Me: "...maybe you should DO something about that."
Mother in Law: "Oh, they're burrowing in and out of the carpet."
Now I know she's looking to be dramatic. It's carpet, and centipedes aren't tunneling into the floorboards at such a rate that they can't be scooped up with a tissue.
Me: "Jesus Christ, here, I'll do it.
*sigh* Those aren't centipedes."
Mother in Law: "Sure they are. I saw them all of the time growing up. Those are centipedes."

Let me describe these centipedes:
Their bodies consisted of three segments. These three are oval in shape, roughly. The head segment had a pair of antenna, and the creatures had six legs.

And it goes on and on... those are just a couple of the amusing ones. I don't want to think about the ones that made me almost abandon my policy of non-violence.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2013, 07:27.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2013, 00:18 Rhino

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 21:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:48:
Omg, I need a shot of tequila, only 3 days till the wallet pain!

NOT READY...

Job's going well.
Christmas shopping done.
Two new fridges.
New Microwave.
New bed.
New dining room table.
New place is coming together into a proper home.
Mother in Law is moving out of the house come this weekend or next.

Oh, yeah... I'm friggin' ready. Bring it, Valve! Gimme your worst... or best... whatever, BRING IT!!! My wallet's endured more these last few weeks than you can hit it with; and you'd better believe that I'm looking to blow some cash in a senseless fashion. Enough of all of this practical nonsense!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
10. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 15:55 Rhino

walrus1 wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:11:
This looks awesome but I'm maintaining cautious levels of optimism for the final product. Especially since we know next to nothing about it.

Don't kill my dreams with your sensible thinking, you son of a mother! Let my own unrealistic expectations do that all by themselves!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
6. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 15:06 Rhino

Sorry, family. Daddy's going to be unavailable for a week or so some time in the future. Please be sure to shove food my way from time to time.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 13, 2013, 05:47 Rhino

Bah! That'll teach me.
I didn't read the Humble Store details closely enough. Figured that I would just wait until payday to buy Ero Truck Simulator 2, not realizing that it was only on its fairly deeply discounted price for one day (as opposed to its current price there which, while still reduced, isn't AS reduced). Whoops.

Well, more sales around the corner, I'm sure.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2013, 05:53.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
1. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 11, 2013, 21:29 Rhino

This pleases me. This pleases me immensely.

3. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2013, 21:13 Rhino

On an unrelated note... booo!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48879

Well, yay that it's ending on Willingham's own terms rather than just getting randomly canceled or something more tragic; but still a shame.

259 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo