Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > On the Gothic IV Name Change
27. Re: No subject May 20, 2008, 13:51 Hyatus

ooh ooh! I want a +5 Rainbow Generator to match the My Little Pony mount I just acquired with my friendship skill!
I'm pretty AND cute!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. ahh May 19, 2008, 14:44 Hyatus

I remember how slow Unreal ran on my old ATI card.
I upgraded to a Voodoo Banshee later that year.
Pretty game.
Maybe I'll go back and...nah...probably not.

6. wow May 16, 2008, 11:44 Hyatus

"10 Items You Think Make You Cool, But Donít."

The first list like such I agree 100% with. Well, maybe except for the Old School reference part. I've never heard anyone quote that movie.

And as for Justice League, who cares?
Marvel has much better characters. As much as I enjoy Smallville(or did, anyways), Superman is such a lame character. Who wants to read or watch about a guy who can't die? Must suck to be him. The only decent super-character DC has is Batman and I'm glad he's back to getting the credit he deserves.

News Comments > New PCIe Sound Blaster Cards
7. erm... May 16, 2008, 11:41 Hyatus

Is there really a reason to have a PCI-E sound card? I mean, other than being able to say that you have a PCI-E sound card?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Sexual content? May 15, 2008, 19:23 Hyatus

It's a cultural thing. A lot of gay folks embrace it.

What's wrong with being intoxicated while playing games? What's wrong with being intoxicated period?(I mean, outside of work/driving/spending time with your kids)

The people who LOVE to tell us they're high and/or drunk are just having fun their own way. At least it beats exploiters/hackers/general douchebaggery.

You can always turn off voice chat.

News Comments > New Nexuiz
1. hmmm.... May 12, 2008, 19:38 Hyatus

Looks like a cross between Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament.
Anyone played it yet?

News Comments > X-COM Revival Rumor
7. Ugh May 5, 2008, 21:40 Hyatus

Come on. Where's the third Freedom Force game already?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
30. ermm, actually.... May 3, 2008, 04:23 Hyatus

Actually it is Valve's fault because there is no legitimate reason why Valve could not offer this free trial to anyone at any time

Someone could just make a new steamid every couple of days and keep playing the game endlessly. How else would you track that?

5. eh May 2, 2008, 10:28 Hyatus

Spider-Man 3 had some good moments. If you can ignore them altering the origin story just a little bit...okay, and any
scene with Harry Osborne, it's not that bad.

News Comments > Steamworks SDK
15. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 10:23 Hyatus

First of all, I'll buy GTAIV when it hits the PC. Maybe.

Second, this is not the dev tools they made Steam WITH.
This is the dev tools that lets a company issue their game onto the Steam network.

News Comments > Steamworks SDK
7. No subject May 2, 2008, 01:55 Hyatus

It's insanely rare that I even think this, but I don't understand why this news topic is a headline on Blues.

It's not like anyone can use this. You have to have Valve's say-so to even be a member. They even go so far to say that they are not looking for new developers, but developers and publishers with established brands and user-bases to accept.

It seems more like something that would end up on either a business site or maybe gamedev.net. IE not for gamers, but for developers.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
176. well... May 1, 2008, 12:28 Hyatus

MusixMon-
"Can you go to a restaurant and order a steak and eat half of it before you decide to buy it?"

Actually, most restaurants that serve steak don't charge you until the end of the meal.
If the food sucks you can usually get a refund.

Good luck getting a refund on crappy software. You can't even get rentals(man I miss those days) thanks to cd keys and Steam-like distribution models(which is one of only a handful of minor complaints I have with their system).

I'm not saying anyone has a right to piracy, but I can see why people do it. At least with console titles you can rent the game before you spend $50-$60 on it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. DICE Surprised by Community Reaction May 1, 2008, 12:18 Hyatus

ďCharged downloadable content is becoming more prevalent throughout gaming, but itís important for us to be able to react to peopleís wishes and desires. There was a very strong reaction to it."

Ermm...it's more prevalent because your parent company, EA, is doing it for a good chunk of their games.

News Comments > Follow-up/Correction: Apologies to Matt Damon
2. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 22:28 Hyatus

MATT DAMON!

8. Albert Hofmann, the Father of LSD, Dies Apr 30, 2008, 11:43 Hyatus

Goodbye sweet, OMG Teh ColORs aRe sOO ReAL MAn, prince.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update, Free Weekend
9. eh Apr 30, 2008, 11:34 Hyatus

I love this game, but I still haven't found a net game I've loved more than QWTF.

I'm glad they've decided to do another free weekend. It's been awhile.

The only achievement I have a problem with is that stupid "play with 8 friends" one. Is this to promote clans again or something? Achievements should be about your ability to play, not your ability to make fake online playbuddies.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
43. really Apr 30, 2008, 11:26 Hyatus

I have a low-to-medium computer and don't have the moolah to upgrade to the latest and greatest. I buy 3rd-gen parts to upgrade with(you know, the ones that are leaving the market so they are "on-sale" but were totally awesome 3 years ago).

When I hear about a game that won't run on the newest $3,000 PC at highest specs I stay away from that title. With a wife and kid these days my time and money is a lot more valuable than it was. I have to choose my games wisely. This is why I haven't touched this game.

As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone else who bought or even played this game. I'm not going to say that piracy isn't a problem, but I don't think this was the case here.

It just sounds like they're doing the typical blame-shifting that is commonplace with businesses these days.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. heh Apr 30, 2008, 00:20 Hyatus

MATT DAAMUUN!!

News Comments > UFO: Alien Invasion Patch
1. fun Apr 29, 2008, 13:09 Hyatus

I tried this game out the other day. The tactical and base operations side is great. It's a good pseudo-X-Com sequel. The only serious complaint I've had is with the ship-to-ship combat side of things. It's very bland and, IMHO, very tough.

1. Cool! Apr 27, 2008, 16:56 Hyatus

Happy Anniversary Blues!

Setting a date is the hardest part.

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo