Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1083 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Fistful of Frags Beta
2. Re: fist full of fags? Jul 11, 2008, 11:24 Hyatus

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzirikzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New UT3 Snowreal
2. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2008, 10:21 Hyatus

...Easy Rider?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Wii Jul 3, 2008, 13:37 Hyatus

Just because it's a gimmick doesn't mean it's not a fun one.

The only problem for the wii is that 99% of the non-Nintendo-made games apparently can't properly utilize the controllers. Well, alright, I'll concede the "Next-Gen" graphics are barely above the Gamecube's.

The real gimmick, I think, is the Virtual Console part of the system. Wtf? $5 for an NES game? No thanks. You can pick them up at used game stores for a buck with the advantage of being able to use the controller the game was made for. Same with the SNES and SEGA games(still have my old SMS with lightgun).

News Comments > TF2 Heavy Plans
5. Well Jul 2, 2008, 11:28 Hyatus

The Heavy has one use...standing there and shooting while being healed via medic/supply. It's a tough class to add anything to. It's essentially a moving sentry gun without the missiles.

However, why these class pack ideas weren't at least 75% thought out for each character is beyond me.

At least they're still trying to improve their game, which if you ask me, was already pretty darned good to begin with(my only big complaint is the number of maps shipped in-box).

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Ugh Jul 1, 2008, 22:03 Hyatus

I am so sick of hearing about this girl. She's dead. It sucks. Those people were asses. Welcome to the USA. "Cyberbullying" is ridiculous. If she was so unstable she should have been either monitored or shut off completely from the internet. I hope this bill gets struck down.

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
31. Eh Jun 28, 2008, 12:12 Hyatus

Diablo is fun, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping D3 was going to be a bit more revolutionary. It looks to me like a console game. Similar to Gauntlet(the newer 3d ones, not the classic top-downs). We'll see, I guess.

News Comments > On Linux Game Piracy
18. No subject Jun 25, 2008, 00:13 Hyatus

I'm going to have to agree with Stardock on this one. All this is going to do is piss off the buyer while the pirates download cracks.

It's all about the licensees in this case(as someone just pointed out)

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Jun 23, 2008, 11:19 Hyatus

I don't know what that guy's problem is. I enjoy the Spider-Man games. I enjoy the sandbox-style gaming experience I get from it. Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man were perfect. I still play them every few months. If ever there were games that made you feel like Spidey, these are it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. wow Jun 23, 2008, 11:15 Hyatus

Did not expect to see Carlin dead when I woke up.
That sucks. RIP funnyman.

News Comments > Spector on Long Games
10. ermm... Jun 18, 2008, 11:29 Hyatus

Why would you spend $100 mil on a short video game?

And the reason people haven't finished GTA is because you get to kill lots of people and blow shit up in exciting ways. The story takes a back seat to the gameplay a good amount of the time with that one. That's why people like the "100-hour" games.

Look at the Elder Scrolls series. A lot of people didn't finish those, either, but I'm sure they had fun with it.

And besides, how many devs spend that much time with the last level anyways? It's usually a slightly spiffier version of the levels you've seen over and over again.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Pyro Update This Week, Free Weekend
5. strange Jun 16, 2008, 18:10 Hyatus

Why isn't it the Meet the Pyro video?

News Comments > Rise of the Argonauts Trailer
1. No subject Jun 16, 2008, 11:08 Hyatus

looking to Greece the way

You wrote for the old Batman TV show, didn't you?

News Comments > Grimm Trailer
5. No subject Jun 15, 2008, 00:44 Hyatus

What? This trailer is darling. I'd say that even if I wasn't his grandmother, Canadian McGee.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Jun 13, 2008, 22:07 Hyatus

Silicon Knights made one of my favorite PC games of all time, Cyber Empires(Steel Empires to you UK folk). I wish someone would remake it. Was loaded with fun.

27. No subject Jun 13, 2008, 21:47 Hyatus

Seriously, how hard is it to make a freakin' Punisher movie? Garth Ennis' books read like a film. If they'd stop trying to "adapt" and stay with the source material it'd be bitchin' cinema.

I can't believe how they "Baned" The Russian in the last attempt.

And yeah, I actually kinda dug the Dolph Lundgren one. Super-campy, sure, but it fit the material at the time.

News Comments > Hulk Combat Movie
1. No subject Jun 13, 2008, 11:32 Hyatus

People told me that playing Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was just like being the Hulk. It is. But that's because the Hulk is a giant green "living" tank that jumps far. Has to be the easiest superhero to code, save maybe The Punisher.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Pulled
56. Re: Wintermute Engine Jun 12, 2008, 22:04 Hyatus

2.5D is not what the RE games are. 2.5D is what Duke Nukem 3d was.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost & Oblivion Similarities
6. No subject Jun 11, 2008, 13:30 Hyatus

I'm curious as to whether Majestic will pass it off as programmer's art just to show off the engine and not the final product which will be 100% theirs, or if they'll send off an apology to Bethesda and fire the artist.

It'll be a lot harder avoiding a lawsuit if they've given a copy of the game(no matter what the state) to anyone outside their company.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 13:31.

News Comments > PC Aces of the Galaxy Ships, Demo
6. Re: Not bad! Jun 10, 2008, 12:27 Hyatus

Didn't need to. They put it up for free for a couple of days on FilePlanet.

I am very glad I didn't actually shell out money for it.
Talk about misunderstanding the audience. Even my wife would've rather played a space sim than that travesty.

30. Re: Portal Tatoo.... Jun 9, 2008, 10:25 Hyatus

Where the Buffalo Roam was great. Maybe you didn't see it in the "right mindset"?

1083 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo