Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1069 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Secret Service Announced
6. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 16:13 Hyatus

I must be alone in thinking the screenshots here look alright. Only problem I can see is that the ground textures could be a bit sharper.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Trisected
30. well... Oct 10, 2008, 23:00 Hyatus

Actually, my guess is that the Activision peeps just spent a gazillion dollars on Blizzard and want to start seeing returns sooner than later. Since SC2 is probably the closest to actually being done, here we are.

News Comments > Gold - Fallout 3
50. Feeling used...games Oct 9, 2008, 20:21 Hyatus

Games are physical property. If original customer sells game to other customer, then when original customer wants to play it again, he needs to buy a copy. And by the way, who the hell buys used when the difference is $5(which is what most newer games have as a discount from gamestop in the first month or three).

News Comments > Indie Devs Petition Valve
14. Well... Oct 9, 2008, 19:56 Hyatus

Why doesn't he just start his own indie dev steam replacement if he thinks it'll make so much money?

News Comments > Free Game - Area 51
20. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2008, 20:49 Hyatus

At least a transvestite FBI agent.

News Comments > On Gears of War 2, PCs, and Piracy
17. eh Sep 29, 2008, 23:22 Hyatus

<i> Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software</i>

What does he care? It's not like the retailers take opened games back. Also, knowing how to use bittorrent and using it for piracy are two seperate things. Torrents are easy, sure, but not everyone who knows how to use them(which should be most people) does.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. well... Sep 28, 2008, 14:19 Hyatus

The game company doesn't lose a sale. If I sell GTAIV to someone, I need to go and buy a copy if I want to play it again. Game companies need to realize they ARE selling a physical product. And as such I can also sell their physical product(not that I ever sell my games, books or movies(I'm a media-whore)).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Pre-owned market had "big" effect on Hal Sep 26, 2008, 22:44 Hyatus

These guys need a reality check. They are selling a product. If I want to resell that product it is my own perogative. I sell it, I lose the product. If I want it again, I can rebuy it. I don't know why they feel they are entitled to anything more than other media producers get(books, dvds, etc...).

News Comments > etc.
5. NCSoft Sep 15, 2008, 10:12 Hyatus

Yeah, I just played the CoH 14-day trial and while the game was lacking a bit, the ads were very unobtrusive. Having them on a billboard isn't a big deal to me. Making me sit through ads like the theatres do now is BS.

News Comments > How Publishers Punish Game Sites
21. gamefaqs Sep 6, 2008, 22:42 Hyatus

When I need to see how a game rates I look at gamefaqs and check out all of the negative reviews. If I see the same complaint a few times and it's a major one, I avoid the game. At least the consumers aren't writing for dollars.
"Official" sources for reviews are so freakin' untrustworthy. God bless sites like gamefaqs and imdb for telling us how things really look.

News Comments > Mythic: $1B to Compete with WoW "Ridiculous"
22. Re: tchh Aug 30, 2008, 22:11 Hyatus

Warcraft rips character concepts and whatnot from Warhammer, but not Warhammer's lore. They have their own histories.

All I was saying was that it's easier to suck in fans of an established brand name than to start something brand new(EQ or AO for instance)
This comment was edited on Aug 30, 22:12.

News Comments > Mythic: $1B to Compete with WoW "Ridiculous"
9. tchh Aug 30, 2008, 12:05 Hyatus

God forbid a company innovates instead of trying to copy the competition. At least Warhammer has an established universe, I suppose. I'm so sick of all these stupid MMORPG clones. Why can't they be fun for more than a month?

News Comments > Spore Preloads
2. Re: Anyone fucking care? Aug 28, 2008, 13:41 Hyatus

As much as I hate to say this...

I agree with you.

*goes to shower off the evil*

News Comments > Steam Sales
19. Sucker Aug 24, 2008, 22:08 Hyatus

I did it. I'll buy most games for $5. Audiosurf is kinda meh, but BG&E is fun(have it for PS2). I sure hope the original team for BG&E is getting a cut.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: fo shizzle? Aug 23, 2008, 05:05 Hyatus

or technicolor

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Arena Mode
16. I dunno Aug 19, 2008, 11:41 Hyatus

I don't think this will really hurt anything. At least they're giving more options.

One of the biggest problems with this game is the lack of options for map-makers. TF1 and TFC had way more flexibility than TF2 does in that arena(no pun intended...well, maybe a hair intended).

Besides, this isn't nearly as lame as the ridiculous amount of servers that play the surf maps.

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
2. Shenmue III Aug 15, 2008, 16:01 Hyatus

I want I want I want I want!!

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
1. hmm.... Aug 11, 2008, 13:55 Hyatus

Does that figure from Microsoft include DLC games?
I'd like to think that the Wii sells more Virtual Console games than MS sells their games. That would make sense. Otherwise, Nintendo's just blowing this "most third-party games" thing out their ass.

News Comments > Runic Rises from Sunken Flagship
15. No subject Aug 10, 2008, 11:40 Hyatus

Ruinic-ed?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. eh Aug 1, 2008, 11:36 Hyatus

I'll take my 12-hour cycles, please.
It makes reading the clock easier.(not that I can't convert, just don't see the point)

1069 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo